Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    And...since my wife cannot have garlic/onions/peppers in hers I put a small pot of that goodness on for my own addition once it is game time.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    Chilly morning....so I prepped a pile of veggies and defrosted a pound of stew meat for my wife to make some beef stew in the crock.

Oh yeah....will be thinking of stew all day

Love beef stew. Are those sweet potatoes, or butternut squash in there. I love using the little red skinned potatoes in mine.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Ingredients for tonight's dinner.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Uni and snapper?

GG, yes those are sweet pots

• Options
    eddiec said:

Wow. I wouldn't even know how to go about preparing either of those. My seafood game is not quite there yet.

• Options
    Uni and snapper?

GG, yes those are sweet pots

Red Mullet. Plan is to slow grill it Thai style with a salt crust and stuffed with Lemongrass, Kaffir leaves, garlic and ginger.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Smoked mullet is a goddamn food staple where come from.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    First course: Linguine with Ricci di Mare

• Options
    This cheek was the highlight of the second course.

• Options
    Cheek is where it is at!
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Are those sea urchins? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I’ve been on clear diet since last night I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow not a good thread for me to be looking at food😂😂😂 will have some clear chicken broth tonight but 1st I’m having a martini after all it says all clear liquids 😉
  • Options
    My man!
    Anyone who puts a martini on a clear diet plan is a person after my own heart.
    (Yes that was uni/urchin.  Gonads are the most delicious!)
  • Options
    Well since today is National Guacamole Day, I figured I’d make an appearance. I will now divulge my healthy, famous, magical guacamole-Joe’s dip:

2 avocados
    1 cup plain nonfat yogurt 
    Garlic, cumin, salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
    1/8 oz of magic mushrooms chopped

Enjoy 😉😜
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    I’ve been on clear diet since last night I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow not a good thread for me to be looking at food😂😂😂 will have some clear chicken broth tonight but 1st I’m having a martini after all it says all clear liquids 😉
    Enjoy your martini Jose. That other thing though, will not be something to enjoy 😉 

What You Giving

• Options
    Happy You day!

Stew is pretty good.  My wife did a great job and I added the onions/peppers to mine.
    Almost never a bad meal with this approach

• Options
    Happy You day!

Stew is pretty good.  My wife did a great job and I added the onions/peppers to mine.

That looks amazing. I love onions. Is your wife allergic to the onions and garlic family, or does she just not like them? I definitely put onions in a lot of my recipes. 

• Options
    Enjoy your martini Jose. That other thing though, will not be something to enjoy 😉 

It was just right yeah hate any medical procedures! Glad to see you here been long time , stay safe bro 
  • Options
    Well since today is National Guacamole Day, I figured I’d make an appearance. I will now divulge my healthy, famous, magical guacamole-Joe’s dip:

2 avocados
    1 cup plain nonfat yogurt 
    Garlic, cumin, salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
    1/8 oz of magic mushrooms chopped

Enjoy 😉😜
    Nice lol 
  • Options
    My man!
    My dad always used to eat urchins with just lots of fresh lemon juice cold on the half shell, I’ve never been a fan
  • Options
    My man!
    My dad always used to eat urchins with just lots of fresh lemon juice cold on the half shell, I’ve never been a fan
    I could eat ten in a row, if they are good

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Happy You day!

That looks amazing. I love onions. Is your wife allergic to the onions and garlic family, or does she just not like them? I definitely put onions in a lot of my recipes. 

She has many issues and one of the things she has to do is avoid certain foods.  She loves garlic, onions, and most peppers, but cannot eat them without being in pain pretty quickly at this point.

None of those three things would bum me out.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,607
    eddiec said:
    First course: Linguine with Ricci di Mare

Dude, this is some top notch stuff 
  • Options
    It’s getting to stew season, huh?
  • Options
    First day it felt like it and we had some of the right stuff to make some.

Tomorrow morning is meant to be a nice 62.  Vs the 40s this morning it will feel like grilling weather.

Perhaps something on the old barbie.
  • Options

It was just right yeah hate any medical procedures! Glad to see you here been long time , stay safe bro 
    “hate any medical procedures”.Don’t you work in the medical field? It’s like a fireman saying he hates fire 🔥🔥🔥. 
    Fire good 😉
    What You Giving

• Options
    Before and after 

• Options
    Before and after 

Oh my....
  • Options
    Fuuuuuck
  • Options
    Before and after 

Oh yeah...