Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    eddiec said:
    Bought some huge oysters today and lightly grilled them with a Vietnamese dipping sauce.

Then grilled up some deep water red fish they occasionally catch this time of year. It's called Blue Mouth.

Damn, that looks amazing!
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Folks up my way like their roast beef pink and messy.

That looks damn good! I'm missing my north shore roast beef! Nicks & Harrisons were my fav.

I literally brought a case of James River BBQ sauce with me when I moved.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641
    Heart attach chicken cutlets

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641

Ohhh yeah
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908

Ohhh yeah
    Yum. Flank steak?

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    eddiec said:
    Bought some huge oysters today and lightly grilled them with a Vietnamese dipping sauce.

Then grilled up some deep water red fish they occasionally catch this time of year. It's called Blue Mouth.

Fuck yeah.  Seafood sunday is gonna be some whole fish this week fo sho.

What did you use for the Vietnamese dipping sauce?
    Fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, ginger, chili, garlic.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

Sous vide?

• Options
    eddiec said:

Sous vide?

Nah, a not quite hot enough grill but it came out well. Love tossing some grilled veggies in a salad too. Grilled red pepper and zucchini in this one 
  • Options
    Heart attach chicken cutlets

I never do chicken cutlets. I need to
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

Good morning, good people! You are looking live at hour four of a possibly 12+ hour cook. 18 lbs in total. Using some for our twin's small birthday party tomorrow, our beach trip later this month and, as always, for street tacos.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options

Good morning, good people! You are looking live at hour four of a possibly 12+ hour cook. 18 lbs in total. Using some for our twin's small birthday party tomorrow, our beach trip later this month and, as always, for street tacos.
    Looking good man!
  • Options

Oh man that looks wonderful!
  • Options

That looks amazing. Now I am craving BBQ. Thanks ;)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Couple of big beautiful butts right there! 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ribeyes tonight, honey soy chicken and sausage with homemade peach jalapeno relish on the boat tomorrow, and ribs on Monday.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Ribeyes tonight, honey soy chicken and sausage with homemade peach jalapeno relish on the boat tomorrow, and ribs on Monday.
    Nice lineup! 
  • Options
    The 6 year old wanted waffles this morning.
    I watched/cleaned up after him but he did everything.
    His plan was to "cook it for less time so it tastes more like dough, the way I like it" and "to make it like a double decker bus, but with strawberries and whipped cream"

Well....just as planned.

• Options
    The 6 year old wanted waffles this morning.
    I watched/cleaned up after him but he did everything.
    His plan was to "cook it for less time so it tastes more like dough, the way I like it" and "to make it like a double decker bus, but with strawberries and whipped cream"

Well....just as planned.

That looks delicious. Looks like you have a little chef there. I would totally eat that 👏👏👏
  • Options
    Needed more time in the iron but was just how he wanted it and from the sounds he made while eating, he very much enjoyed.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Needed more time in the iron but was just how he wanted it and from the sounds he made while eating, he very much enjoyed.

That makes my heart so very happy tp see and hear.

Been acquiring the equipment needed for K's Culinary Arts. Just threw down some gift cards for a food processor-- the last major thing on the list. (Of course I donated mine a few years ago.) Looking forward to see what my big kid is going to start cooking up. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    That’s Friggen awesome dude. Looks great 
  • Options
    Excellent!
    What kind of FP?

I have a nice one that I don't use as often as I would like or should....getting it out...cleaning up / putting back....a chore!

A trip to the freezer to get some goodies.

What is the status on those Boston Butts?!?!
  • Options
    Excellent!
    What kind of FP?

I have a nice one that I don't use as often as I would like or should....getting it out...cleaning up / putting back....a chore!

Cuisinart Elemental 8 cup FP. You know, it must be a pandemic thing, because you can't find them anywhere. It was the only one left. I told K that was her only choice. Of course, she is thrilled with whatever. 

Last thing are ramekins, but we don't know what size. 4/6/8/10 oz. I vote 6, but I want her to double check. 

Bought her a set of "they will do" knives. (Cuisinart rainbow knives with sheaths.) Clearly I own knives, but wanted to grab her some to start. Bought a thermometer.  (The one with the swing probe like they use on GBBO.) I have a standard dial, but this one is digital. My MIL is giving back the blender she doesn't use. Received it as a wedding gift, she needed one, we didn't use it. Now swinging back this way. 

I have the rest of what she needs.  Pots, pans, measurement items, scale, utensils...

So excited for her. I want her to find success in food, because the standard learning gig is tough on her. 
  • Options
    Excellent!
    What kind of FP?

Curious how those filet's turn out. Just got box from Holy Grail Steaks Friday and there were amazing. If they are good, let me know. May snag some on my next hot dog purchase.
  • Options
    I love my food processor. One of my favorite tools 
  • Options
    You need to teach me things. I hated my old one, but it wasn't a very good one. 

Tell me stuff. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    You need to teach me things. I hated my old one, but it wasn't a very good one. 

Tell me stuff. 
    Sauces, sauces, sauces and marinades...I’ll give it some thought and post some stuff but the easiest is hummus. Chickpeas, tahini, olive oil then do whatever else you want...garlic, lemon, roasted pepper.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,841
    currently in progress

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    currently in progress

I think we’ve got the same grill. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM