EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,657
    Mmmm, brownies.

I made scallops and did a batch of corn.  Was really good.

I reeeaaaalllly wanted a beer with that meal.  
    Oh well, next weekend I am back on it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,657
    I love the old guy in this video

I wonder if the food they are sampling is any good or a poor representation of Mexican food.

https://youtu.be/h3vvC-SPwIU

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I love the old guy in this video

I wonder if the food they are sampling is any good or a poor representation of Mexican food.

https://youtu.be/h3vvC-SPwIU

Very interesting. Dude was funny. 

I wondered about the quality, too. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

The perfect drill weekend (in the National Guard). A weekend of online classes mixed with a little smoke.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Spatchcock!
  • Options
    Spatchcock!
    That's the name! I knew it, but didn't have it quite right. 
  • Options
    My friend the bone in, turkey breast, waiting to be carved up.  Good eats for two or three days.  Normally I would say three or four but we put quite a dent in on the first meal

• Options
    Quite a bird and fabulous knife! 

It is my mother-in-law's birthday, so we had a distanced driveway picnic. The kiddo made chicken salad wraps, pea salad, watermelon slices and lemon drizzle cupcakes. No pictures because I was busy supervising, but everything turned out great! 
  • Options
    A lot to cook - good job by K!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,952
    My friend the bone in, turkey breast, waiting to be carved up.  Good eats for two or three days.  Normally I would say three or four but we put quite a dent in on the first meal

Looks delicious. Next day turkey sandwiches are the best!!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Made grilled chicken tacos tonight. Marinated and seasoned chicken, black beans, brown rice seasoned with lime juice/cilantro and goodies on top. Turned out better than usual. 

• Options
    ^ the bird looks outstanding. I’d like to cook one soon for my daily turkey sandwich for lunch. 
  • Options
    Tacos look great!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yum and yum! 
    I grilled a pork tenderloin for National BBQ Day on Saturday.  Excellent, as always.  Can't go wrong with a pork tenderloin.  Up had 4 apples that were getting too old to be hand fruit, so I chopped them up and cooked them down with brown sugar, cider vinegar, and kitchen sink spice and it turned out amazing, way better than I thought I could do.  Fancy restaurant quality, for sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    🍎 & 🐖
    Match made in FSM Heaven
    (Well, need some rum as well, but just sayin')

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    bbiggs said:
    Made grilled chicken tacos tonight. Marinated and seasoned chicken, black beans, brown rice seasoned with lime juice/cilantro and goodies on top. Turned out better than usual. 

Spinach instead of cilantro?

Interesting.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    At least 5 ingredients and what looks like wheat tortillas. Still a taco tempo?
  • Options
    I like the spinach instead of cilantro.  Mild cilantro is great, but if it's going toward bolt, it gets too strong.  A good taqueria should use only the mildest fresh cilantro, but grocery stores...😬
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Spinach instead of cilantro?

Interesting.
    Yeah these are by no means an authentic Mexican version.  More of a "use what you have readily available in the fridge" type version.  Haha.  I do enjoy the spinach though.  Not a bad substitute at all.

• Options
    Get_Right said:
    And you are correct...wheat tortillas.  This is actually a funny follow up to the recent taco debates.  In reality, it could be argued these are not even tacos.  Damn tasty, but not tacos in a traditional sense. 

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:
    And you are correct...wheat tortillas.  This is actually a funny follow up to the recent taco debates.  In reality, it could be argued these are not even tacos.  Damn tasty, but not tacos in a traditional sense. 

Ha, I was stirring the pot a bit.  Put it in a tortilla and fold it in half - its a taco. Even if you put ketchup on it :)
  • Options
    I'm a food failure. I had chicken salad made with Miracle Whip in a tortilla wrap yesterday. It was delicious! :smiley:

We don't like corn tortillas. Maybe I have missed something. They are like eating raw, flattened and dried flavorless polenta. (Or mush if you are DK.) Oh, and they crack and fall apart. 
  • Options
    And that pork tenderloin sounds delicious.  Brown sugar and apple...excellent.  I'm a big fan of tenderloins.  I prefer cooking a full beef tenderloin when we're having steaks, which is pretty rare.  The problem is it only works when we're hosting other people because it's so much meat.  And right now we're only cooking for our family of 4, of course, so no tenderloins going on. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    Get_Right said:

Ha, I was stirring the pot a bit.  Put it in a tortilla and fold it in half - its a taco. Even if you put ketchup on it :)

The Official Silver Sky Thread  Page 22  Official PRS Guitars
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    I'm a food failure. I had chicken salad made with Miracle Whip in a tortilla wrap yesterday. It was delicious! :smiley:

We don't like corn tortillas. Maybe I have missed something. They are like eating raw, flattened and dried flavorless polenta. (Or mush if you are DK.) Oh, and they crack and fall apart. 
    You have to double them up.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    deadendp said:

This sounds to me like you have a population of zero Mexicans in Ohio. Corn tortillas should taste and feel like warm comfort. They should not crack, but if your fillings are juicy enough, they’ll seep through a single tortilla, which is why it’s always good to have a second one. 

And don’t eat tacos with corn tortillas doubled up! That’s totally wrong! You get way too much tortilla and not enough fixins that way. The second tortilla is for catching/sopping up the fillings that leaked out of the first tortilla. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    And that pork tenderloin sounds delicious.  Brown sugar and apple...excellent.  I'm a big fan of tenderloins.  I prefer cooking a full beef tenderloin when we're having steaks, which is pretty rare.  The problem is it only works when we're hosting other people because it's so much meat.  And right now we're only cooking for our family of 4, of course, so no tenderloins going on. 
    Yeah, I don't love anyone enough to spend 100$ on a whole beef tenderloin to share lol
  • Options
    We have an abundance of Guatemalan immigrants in Ohio, though their cuisine hasn't gone mainstream.  I think she's talking about store bought, home prepared corn tortillas, in which case the secret is to steam them up.  They are practically inedible unless you steam, deep fry, or pan sear them.