Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Isn't that usually put on deep dish?

jk
    Lol...it’s equally delicious on thin crust. It’s like crushed red pepper on steroids 
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Anyone ever try green olives on pizza? This is from a half decent brick oven pizza place in my area, salami and green olives. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Anyone ever try green olives on pizza? This is from a half decent brick oven pizza place in my area, salami and green olives. 
    Yes. And I love with a crumbled sausage.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Yep. Delicious. Black olives are great too. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    I love olives.  Have put green ones on pizzas I made myself but out I used to request black olives as a go-to. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glad to hear I’m not the only one. Here in western PA I always get weird looks from my servers when I order it. 
  • Options
    Only thing better than olives on a pie is blue cheese stuffed olives in a glass of vodka on the rocks. But that’s for a different thread.  Back to pizza...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited February 2018
    I’m not a fan of olives. In general, not just on pizza. I have eaten black olives on pizza tho, I don’t mind them sparingly.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Put it in the vodka thread.  Sipping a glass right now, sans olives, but thinking of pizza

• Options
    I’m not a fan of olives. In general, not just on pizza. I have eaten black olives on pizza tho, I don’t mind them sparingly.
    Oddly enough I can barely stomach black olives, especially on pizza, even though green olives are one of my favorite foods. I could never understand why black became so much more popular on pizza than green. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Yes. And I love with a crumbled sausage.
    That sounds like an amazing combo! Unfortunately I can't think of a single place in my area that even uses crumbled sausage, just the spongy, mini-meatball looking kind. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    Brooklyn Sicilian from a local place. Really really good!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^ Im a big fan of the sauce on top!  Looks good
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    mcgruff10 said:
    eddiec said:
    Burnt my Hawai'ian pizza over the weekend.  Should've set the oven to aloha temperature.
    Dude, this a pizza thread. Get that pineapple crap out of here. ;)
    This is MY pizza thread.  Pineapple is the bomb. :smirk:
    it should be illegal to put pineapple on pizza. ;)
    Pineapple on pizza is fantastic - once again you have no idea what you're talking about! =);)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    eddiec said:
    Burnt my Hawai'ian pizza over the weekend.  Should've set the oven to aloha temperature.
    Pineapple on pizza is fantastic - once again you have no idea what you're talking about! =);)
    HA!  you need to try the pizza I had tonight.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    eddiec said:
    Anything that’s not Spumoni Gardens is just sad reminder of how good Spumoni Gardens is. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    eddiec said:
    Anything that’s not Spumoni Gardens is just sad reminder of how good Spumoni Gardens is. 
    Yeah I definitely have to hit that up one of these days.  Dan I think even you would have liked the pizza I ate tonight.  
  • Options
    That looks amazing
    And I also need to do Spumoni Gardens.
  • Options
    Holy fuckballs does that Sicilian look good. Just looked up this Spumoni Gardens place too, I really fucking need to take a yearlong vacation in NY sometime. I think I could eat pizza twice a day for a year if it was as good as some of these pics you NY/NJers post. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    RiotZact said:
    Holy fuckballs does that Sicilian look good. Just looked up this Spumoni Gardens place too, I really fucking need to take a yearlong vacation in NY sometime. I think I could eat pizza twice a day for a year if it was as good as some of these pics you NY/NJers post. 
    There is so much good pizza in ny and nj. I seriously could eat it three times a day but I d be 300 lbs and die of a heart attack lol. It really is my favorite meal. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    I hope you want to do this to sightsee and not just for the pie. If you really want to go to where the best pizza is, head due west about 1,000 miles...
  • Options
    Huh?
  • Options
    Huh?
    I kid, I kid. Just trying to get a rise out of you east coasters ;). A Chicago vs. New York taste off would be awesome though! So much good za to go around.
  • Options
    I love ya for your spirit but it wouldn't be much of a contest.  ;)
  • Options
    I love ya for your spirit but it wouldn't be much of a contest.  ;)
    I hope Boston has learned some tricks from the NYers. Wouldn’t mind some good east coast pie when I’m there for the shows in Sept. 
  • Options
    Boston pie ...not close.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Pizza with bocconcini and spinach is nice.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Damn, looking at these photos makes me crave a nice pizza. Have not had one in months.
    But, I am already 6kgs overweight and barely fitting into my jeans.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    RiotZact said:
    I hope you want to do this to sightsee and not just for the pie. If you really want to go to where the best pizza is, head due west about 1,000 miles...
    Luckily I’m hitting Chicago for the Wrigley shows! I have a lot of work to do in 3 1/2 days though, I want to try at least 2 Italian beef sandwiches, 1 hot dog, 1 deep dish, and 1 thin/regular crust pizza. I’ve heard some Chicago peeps in this thread talk about how Chicago has an amazing pizza game outside of the stereotypical deep dish, any you could recommend? Googling it only brings up a million hits on deep dish. 
  • Options
    To try a deep dish in Chicago, life goal.