Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Looks nice.
    Had some fucking Angelo's Pizzeria again tonight.  Thought I took a pic of the Upside Down but I didn't capture it.  
    Next time
    They had a bustling take out crowd and multiple people commented as they walked past our table how amazing it looked.
    That shit was right.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Burnt my Hawai'ian pizza over the weekend.  Should've set the oven to aloha temperature.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Burnt my Hawai'ian pizza over the weekend.  Should've set the oven to aloha temperature.
    Dude, this a pizza thread. Get that pineapple crap out of here. ;)
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    This is MY pizza thread.  Pineapple is the bomb. :smirk:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    eddiec said:
    This is MY pizza thread.  Pineapple is the bomb. :smirk:
    it should be illegal to put pineapple on pizza. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I've never understood that stance.  Pineapple is good, pizza is good, they taste good together. What's the deal?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've never understood that stance.  Pineapple is good, pizza is good, they taste good together. What's the deal?
    You can't understand the mind of a pizza snob, you just have to try not to smack them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Pineapple and cheese is just an odd combination too me. Gambs get off the boards and go to the gym. You are starting to slack. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    In college a buddy used to insist on a half pizza being Hawaiin when we ordered Pizza Pizza! and got two pizzas.  He did this because he like it - but also because he thought that meant nobody would eat his half.  Yeah, right.  Pizza tastes ok when I pitched the pieces of fruit the hell off the pizza. 
    Now, as an old(er) bastard it gives me agita when I have too much sauce.  Add in a fruit?  Nope.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pineapple and cheese is just an odd combination too me. Gambs get off the boards and go to the gym. You are starting to slack. 
    Fruit and cheese.  Classic combo, and pineapple is a good fruit.  Pair it with salty ham and savory sauce?  Yeah, that's a well-rounded flavor combination.

You people knocking on pizza, I'm over here eatin boiled eggs and seething.  I'm dyin fee sum pizza.
    I was at the gym 5-730 today...5 miles, 200 push-ups, 100 dips and a full chest/tricep lift.
    I could use a slice of pizza, any slice would do, even that floppy bland stuff they eat where the snobs are snobbiest.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    My wife did make "pizza bread" last week and it was delicious.
    It's basically stromboli, but you use a frozen bread dough spread out, topped and then rolled up. 
    1 pepperoni cheese, 1 pepperoni, salami, hot peppers and cheese.
    Mids pizza sauce for dipping.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fruit and cheese.  Classic combo, and pineapple is a good fruit.  Pair it with salty ham and savory sauce?  Yeah, that's a well-rounded flavor combination.

You people knocking on pizza, I'm over here eatin boiled eggs and seething.  I'm dyin fee sum pizza.
    I was at the gym 5-730 today...5 miles, 200 push-ups, 100 dips and a full chest/tricep lift.
    I could use a slice of pizza, any slice would do, even that floppy bland stuff they eat where the snobs are snobbiest.
    Fruit and cheese is a classic combo?  I can see some cheese like Brie but not mozzarella or Parmesan. 
  • Options
    Mozzarella is great with berries, melons, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, olives, tomato, cucumber. Drizzle on a little balsamic reduction and oh my!  For parmesan, try apples, pears, plums, persimmons, add some raisins, dates, or nuts and drizzle some honey.
  • Options
    Mozzarella is great with berries, melons, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, olives, tomato, cucumber. Drizzle on a little balsamic reduction and oh my!  For parmesan, try apples, pears, plums, persimmons, add some raisins, dates, or nuts and drizzle some honey.
    I ll give it a try. Ordering some pizza and garlic knots for dinner tonight. 
  • Options
    Work is ordering pizza & wings for us on Friday for a Super Bowl party.  And for once they're not chincing out and ordering shit from Papa Johns or Little Caesars.  Actually getting a nice, local place.
  • Options
    Work is ordering pizza & wings for us on Friday for a Super Bowl party.  And for once they're not chincing out and ordering shit from Papa Johns or Little Caesars.  Actually getting a nice, local place.
    Are you bringing a bottle or two of your blistering hot sauce for this food? 
    We did that at work one time and I had too much Dave's ghost pepper hot sauce and I was OK while eating it but I paid for it (bigly) that night.

Hot Sauce on Pizza?
    Yes.  Especially when it is average to sub par pizza. 
  • Options
    I couldn’t go pineapple instead I went with pepperoni tonight. 

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Looks amazing! Nice even distribution of the ‘roni. 
  • Options
    I had Grimaldi's in Vegas a few weeks ago. Might be the best pizza I've ever had. 
  • Options
    I had Grimaldi's in Vegas a few weeks ago. Might be the best pizza I've ever had. 
    PIcs or it didn’t happen. 
  • Options
    Curious what the Vegas pizza was like...what made it the best?
  • Options
    We did that at work one time and I had too much Dave's ghost pepper hot sauce and I was OK while eating it but I paid for it (bigly) that night.

Hot Sauce on Pizza?
    I do plan on bringing both bottles. :smiley:
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476

Hot Sauce on Pizza?
    Hot sauce on pizza has been big my way for 3-4 years now. Shouldn't say on pizza directly, but for dipping and some of the kids like to drizzle it all over their slices. It's the high school kids that started doing I think. I remember asking the pizza joint guy why there was always a big bottle of hot sauce at front counter and he told me it was for the slices....I thought he was joking and the that's when I was filled in abou hot sauce on pizza. Still don't think it's right IMO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

Hot Sauce on Pizza?
    Hot sauce on pizza has been big my way for 3-4 years now. Shouldn't say on pizza directly, but for dipping and some of the kids like to drizzle it all over their slices. It's the high school kids that started doing I think. I remember asking the pizza joint guy why there was always a big bottle of hot sauce at front counter and he told me it was for the slices....I thought he was joking and the that's when I was filled in abou hot sauce on pizza. Still don't think it's right IMO
    also try red pepper flakes.
  • Options
    Yes, red pepper flakes are a must for pizza,for me.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Or hot giardinera 
  • Options
    Isn't that usually put on deep dish?

jk
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:
    Or hot giardinera 
    Chicago will always find a way to ruin pizza. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    Or hot giardinera 
    Chicago will always find a way to make pizza great again. 
    Agreed. :smiley:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    Or hot giardinera 
    Chicago will always find a way to make pizza great again. 
    Agreed. :smiley:

I SAW PEARL JAM