• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2018
    Wobbie said:
    Sprouts on pizza?  Interesting

not interesting.

dumb.
    That's a Gator for ya!
    Hey, assholes. I moved to a culinary wasteland, especially when it comes to pizza. I'm surprised that the mouth-breathing goons who live here know to put the pie in the oven and not boil it.

Anyway, the plain cheese and margherita pizzas are just awful, so I'm giving the "craft" pies a try. I was always one who was loath to have any toppings on my pizza, but that one was actually pretty damn tasty. The pizzaiolo at that spot is Italian, so his pies are more Neapolitan and less New York.

I think tonight might be a pizza night. Or tomorrow.

Wobbie said:
    had this last night....an SLC "institution" but the first time I'd been there....I give it 4 stars.

Those look like someone vomited in a bread bowl.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    Stuff looks pretty deep!
    Is the crust under thick?  If thin, I think that looks good.  However, looking at the cheese one it looks like it could be a shit ton of cheese there.
    Either way, I think that shit would go down amazingly well with a sixer of PBR.  (Is that what you had?!)

now that you mention it, the place does have $1 PBR pints.....unbeknownst to me, until I looked at the check.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:

not interesting.

dumb.
    That's a Gator for ya!
    Hey, assholes. I moved to a culinary wasteland, especially when it comes to pizza. I'm surprised that the mouth-breathing goons who live here know to put the pie in the oven and not boil it.

Anyway, the plain cheese and margherita pizzas are just awful, so I'm giving the "craft" pies a try. I was always one who was loath to have any toppings on my pizza, but that one was actually pretty damn tasty. The pizzaiolo at that spot is Italian, so his pies are more Neapolitan and less New York.

I think tonight might be a pizza night. Or tomorrow.

Wobbie said:
    had this last night....an SLC "institution" but the first time I'd been there....I give it 4 stars.

Those look like someone vomited in a bread bowl.
    Atta boy, Danny!

Don't put up with that shit. Fire right back at 'em.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:

Those look awesome!

Is that from The Pie PIzzeria?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:

not interesting.

dumb.
    That's a Gator for ya!

This might be the funniest shit I’ve heard in a while.  “Mouth-breathing goons” is classic!  I read this at work and started laughing my ass off.  Everyone in the office looked at me like I was bat shit crazy. Good times! 
  • Options
    Dankind is a jerk.

fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Those look awesome!

it is!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

Those look awesome!

it is!
    Nice!  I follow Mike Masse on youtube.  I know he plays shows there quite frequently and many of his youtube vids are recorded there; the graffiti on the wall and red candle were a dead giveaway.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

Those look awesome!

it is!
    Nice!  I follow Mike Masse on youtube.  I know he plays shows there quite frequently and many of his youtube vids are recorded there; the graffiti on the wall and red candle were a dead giveaway.
    I just checked out Mike Masse...good stuff....the Pie I was at, tho, has no windows....it's in the basement. Mike must play at the other location.

edit: he plays at "my" basement one as well :smiley:
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Dankind is a jerk.

fixed.
    :lol:
    I’m picking out a Thermos for you. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I’ve admittedly only ate at a handful of NY/NJ pizza places but I’ll be damned if I ever have a pie better than Jojo’s in my small western PA town. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    I’ve admittedly only ate at a handful of NY/NJ pizza places but I’ll be damned if I ever have a pie better than Jojo’s in my small western PA town. 
    Slim cheese at the 5 o'clock region. If I get stuck with that slice I'm not super thrilled. That's the slice you really need to navigate your way around (at least if you're a pro anyways).

Poor cheese disbursement. An error of the fundamental variety.

Crust looks good though.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Slim cheese at the 5 o'clock region. If I get stuck with that slice I'm not super thrilled. That's the slice you really need to navigate your way around (at least if you're a pro anyways).

Crust looks good though.
    That error was mine only, it was carry out and my water bottle that was under the box to keep it level came out from underneath it when I went around a turn too fast, followed by an audible “FUCK!” from me. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    That s some tough critique from a guy that lives 3999 miles from the nearest half way decent pizza joint. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    That error was mine only, it was carry out and my water bottle that was under the box to keep it level came out from underneath it when I went around a turn too fast, followed by an audible “FUCK!” from me. 
    Okay fair enough. We'll give you this one.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    That s some tough critique from a guy that lives 3999 miles from the nearest half way decent pizza joint. 
    Oh Geez.

Yah. Says Mr. Burnt Crust.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    I’ll post a better picture next time I order!
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    Actually here’s one I just stole from the yelp page. 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    Actually here’s one I just stole from the yelp page. 
    Mmmm.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    Oh Geez.

More like..
    Mr. Just Because It's Blackened Doesn't Mean It's Burnt Crust
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    Oh Geez.

More like..
    Hahahahaha 

Yes!!! I stand corrected.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:

Crust looks good though.
    Oh Geez.

More like..
    that pizza was good!
    we ordered a pepperoni and a plain pie last night along withs some garlic knots...damn I ate way too much!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    When I went to work yesterday I gave my wife some money and lets get pizza tonight - order a margherita and a grandma pie for dinner tonight.  Got home around 6:30 and was told too cold.  We made soup.  Epic fail sweetheart!

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ahhhh pizza.  gift of the gods.  love, love, LOVE.
    classic margherita pizza, my personal fave.  YUM.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Me too.  Wood-fired, charred crust somewhere between thin and medium, and a shitload of basil.
  • Options
    Anyone have a portable (or permanent) pizza oven at their house?  I've been seeing a lot of stuff about the Uuni portable oven lately.  $300, though.. christ!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hedonist said:
    Me too.  Wood-fired, charred crust somewhere between thin and medium, and a shitload of basil.
    YES.
    all the basil!
    though i'm definitely more thin crust than medium, but sure i'd take it either way. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I SAW PEARL JAM