Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    my2hands said:
    2010... GOP gained 63 house seats... 6 senate seats... and 6 governorships 

This is far from a wave of any color. Dont shoot the messenger. The fight is FAR from over
    You understand the things were talking about regarding the math, right? Because it seems like it's either flying over your head or you're choosing to ignore....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    And if the Mueller issue does NOT lead to impeachment, i'm afraid 2020 may be a lock.

Democrats somehow let this guy become the "America First" candidate that is also "protecting the border" and therefore is protecting the country, meanwhile the democrats seem more eager to protect trans bathroom use people..... want a POTUS that protects them, protects the country, and puts America first. Elections really arent that complicated. Dems will fuck this up, I'm convinced of it. 
    I believe you are misreading last night's results.  While FL is depressing, by and large everythign else was positive.  We learned:
    1. Democratic votes substantially outpaced Republican
    2. Midwest states appear to have flipped at some level back to blue, judging by the governorship changes in WI and MI.  Scott Walker losing was huge.  He was elected twice and survived a recall.
    3. Women have heavily come over to Democrats
    4. Aggressive HOR forecasts were in the 30 to 35 range pick up.  I think we are looking at 33/34.  That's pretty damn good.
    5. The GOP is becoming an increasingly white, older and rural party.  Yet the country is becoming more urban, younger and diverse.  Demographics are destiny.  It's not overnight, but it's happening.  

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped.  Republicans have to defend far more seats, many of them in blue states.  
    1) Not everywhere...certainly not Florida and certainly not Ohio to name a couple.
    2) Scott Walker losing is big "ish". Nobody should really run a third time. It doesn't matter how successful you are...everyone has an expiry date. That being said this will be the most important state in 2020.
    3) Not all women and not necessarily in the states where it matters
    4) 33/34 is historical average for a president in first term which is a subpar performance based on the "Trump repudiation" the AMT was expecting...this repudiation didn't happen and conservatives surprisingly held strong in some seats and flipped a few other.
    5) The urban/rural split is absolutely real but as always this is an electoral college game and not a popular vote game. 2020 election will completely boil down to Wisconsin and possibly Michigan...especially if John James is on the ballot again. No point for anybody to even campaign anywhere else. Progressive democrats lost last night while moderate dems won...the dems will need a candidate that can push turnout while not veering too far to the left...who that is remains to be seen.

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped but the GOP likely built the buffer they need to retain control. Doug Jones told me so.
    1. I'm talking about nationwide, in totality.  Obviously if this was an individual state statement, the Dems would have won all senate seats.  
    2. He lost no matter how you couch it.  The losses of governorship in MI and WI are critical.  Ohio is gone, period, as I mentioned in a different comment earlier.  Florida may be as well, for a few cycles.  
    3. Really, not ALL women?  That's weird, I was sure every woman voted for a Democrat.  I'll have to check the numbers again.
    4. Impressive that somehow you culled a monolithic statement from everyone in the AMT, as if that mattered.  My statement stands.  The aggressive forecast was in the mid 30's.  That was achieved.  So what if H2M or someone was shit talking and said 197 seats.  
    5. Dems won.  Some were progressive, some were moderate.  Moderates will always pull more crossover, the risk is the 3rd party pulling away the extremes.  See the Arizona race as an example, obviously.  

I don't think you should be taking political commentary from Doug Jones.  He had a solid knuckle-curve, but you could never rely on him in clutch situations.  Any reliever topping out at 87 mph is a risk.  
    This is just plain incorrect. There are places where Trump crushed it...there are places where he got beat. It is certainly not a repudiation of him or the GOP in any way shape or form. Too say he lost and the dems won is just silly. There are warning signs for both parties and at the end of the day the dems will need a candidate that will play strong in the rust belt to win in 2020.
    What specifically is just plain incorrect?  End of the day, the Democrats seized control of a branch.  That was the most important thing that could happen.  Everything else is secondary.  It matters little if the Senate number is -3 or -5.  Until you get to 60, it's minor around the edges.  Expanding the governorships is at least as important as moving the Senate number, which they did at +6.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    ^
    Last night went about the way most of us expected it to go. 
    Yup. It would have taken a miracle to win the senate given the map.

The midterms will be old news once Mueller starts dropping indictments and the house gets back to being a real check on this administration.
    BUCKLE UP BUTTERCUP. 

Gonna be a wild ride and it starts SOON. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sessions being asked to resign.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:

Yesterday was cute, but far from a wave, of any color. Dont shoot the messenger. The fight is FAR from over
    It was called a crushing defeat for Obama back then and he still had control of the senate so I'm not really getting your point. And who said the fight was over captain?

But for your continued efforts I award you this...

Image result for wet blanket meme

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    Sessions just resigned at Trump's request.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

Yesterday was cute, but far from a wave, of any color. Dont shoot the messenger. The fight is FAR from over
    It was called a crushing defeat for Obama back then and he still had control of the senate so I'm not really getting your point. And who said the fight was over captain?

Ha!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    After two years of being emasculated, he is fired.  Impressive.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    You guys realize the Democrats got more votes in 2016 as well? 
    Uh yeah... we do.  And do you realize the only time since 88 that an R had more votes than a D was in 2004.  And the gap between them  continues to widen.  What does that tell you?  Evidently you are drawing that Trump is more popular than Democrats, is that right?  Another perspective could be that the founders didn't trust democracy (hint, they didn't), so put this system in.  It doesn't mean that Trump is super duper popular, it means their strategy of dividing is working.  Good for him?  We must be proud.
    Their strategy of dividing? Did we forget about "clinging to guns and religion", "you didn't build that", and "deplorables"? "Dividing" has cut both way for years...don't hate the playa hate the game.
  • Options
    And so it begins. Can’t wait for the AG confirmation hearings. “And can you tell the committee what crimes you would consider to reach the level of high crimes and misdemeanors, initiating impeachment proceedings? Take your time.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    After two years of being emasculated, he is fired.  Impressive.
    Surprised Jeffy last this long.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    Prediction for Trump's next Supreme Court nomination: Roy Moore.

It's a no-brainer really.  He helps to politicize the Supreme Court.  He's a creepy sexual predator so a lot of Dems will vote against him.  And those that do will lose their re-election bids.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    And if the Mueller issue does NOT lead to impeachment, i'm afraid 2020 may be a lock.

Democrats somehow let this guy become the "America First" candidate that is also "protecting the border" and therefore is protecting the country, meanwhile the democrats seem more eager to protect trans bathroom use people..... want a POTUS that protects them, protects the country, and puts America first. Elections really arent that complicated. Dems will fuck this up, I'm convinced of it. 
    I believe you are misreading last night's results.  While FL is depressing, by and large everythign else was positive.  We learned:
    2. Midwest states appear to have flipped at some level back to blue, judging by the governorship changes in WI and MI.  Scott Walker losing was huge.  He was elected twice and survived a recall.
    4. Aggressive HOR forecasts were in the 30 to 35 range pick up.  I think we are looking at 33/34.  That's pretty damn good.
    5. The GOP is becoming an increasingly white, older and rural party.  Yet the country is becoming more urban, younger and diverse.  Demographics are destiny.  It's not overnight, but it's happening.  

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped.  Republicans have to defend far more seats, many of them in blue states.  
    1) Not everywhere...certainly not Florida and certainly not Ohio to name a couple.
    2) Scott Walker losing is big "ish". Nobody should really run a third time. It doesn't matter how successful you are...everyone has an expiry date. That being said this will be the most important state in 2020.
    4) 33/34 is historical average for a president in first term which is a subpar performance based on the "Trump repudiation" the AMT was expecting...this repudiation didn't happen and conservatives surprisingly held strong in some seats and flipped a few other.
    5) The urban/rural split is absolutely real but as always this is an electoral college game and not a popular vote game. 2020 election will completely boil down to Wisconsin and possibly Michigan...especially if John James is on the ballot again. No point for anybody to even campaign anywhere else. Progressive democrats lost last night while moderate dems won...the dems will need a candidate that can push turnout while not veering too far to the left...who that is remains to be seen.

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped but the GOP likely built the buffer they need to retain control. Doug Jones told me so.
    1. I'm talking about nationwide, in totality.  Obviously if this was an individual state statement, the Dems would have won all senate seats.  
    2. He lost no matter how you couch it.  The losses of governorship in MI and WI are critical.  Ohio is gone, period, as I mentioned in a different comment earlier.  Florida may be as well, for a few cycles.  
    3. Really, not ALL women?  That's weird, I was sure every woman voted for a Democrat.  I'll have to check the numbers again.
    4. Impressive that somehow you culled a monolithic statement from everyone in the AMT, as if that mattered.  My statement stands.  The aggressive forecast was in the mid 30's.  That was achieved.  So what if H2M or someone was shit talking and said 197 seats.  
    5. Dems won.  Some were progressive, some were moderate.  Moderates will always pull more crossover, the risk is the 3rd party pulling away the extremes.  See the Arizona race as an example, obviously.  

I don't think you should be taking political commentary from Doug Jones.  He had a solid knuckle-curve, but you could never rely on him in clutch situations.  Any reliever topping out at 87 mph is a risk.  
    This is just plain incorrect. There are places where Trump crushed it...there are places where he got beat. It is certainly not a repudiation of him or the GOP in any way shape or form. Too say he lost and the dems won is just silly. There are warning signs for both parties and at the end of the day the dems will need a candidate that will play strong in the rust belt to win in 2020.
    What specifically is just plain incorrect?  End of the day, the Democrats seized control of a branch.  That was the most important thing that could happen.  Everything else is secondary.  It matters little if the Senate number is -3 or -5.  Until you get to 60, it's minor around the edges.  Expanding the governorships is at least as important as moving the Senate number, which they did at +6.
    Sure they seized control of a branch...not with any big margin...but this was expected on the very first day of the Trump presidency as the party in power always loses the house. Congratulations to them for adhering to the norm. The senate gains are big now that the filibuster is dead....judges, appointments etc all just got easier. That's why Sessions was dropped 5 minutes ago and not 5 months ago. The governorships are absolutely important but the most important ones for 2020 are Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan and on those it was a draw.
  • Options
    And so it begins. Can’t wait for the AG confirmation hearings. “And can you tell the committee what crimes you would consider to reach the level of high crimes and misdemeanors, initiating impeachment proceedings? Take your time.”
    And the answer won't matter because the GOP has the numbers.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    BS44325 said:
    Yep.  Trump is protected.  It's his world.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2018
    dignin said:
    ^

The midterms will be old news once Mueller starts dropping indictments and the house gets back to being a real check on this administration.
    He's been dropping indictments for a while now, and it resulted in a very normal midterm swing, nothing more 

Keep clinging to that hope though 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    rush must have took to the air.  The bats have taken flight with their daily messages
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Are you parroting BS, now, too? haha. 
    Delve deeper into the numbers, fella. 
    Parroting? More like listening 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Shitshow
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    He's basically a troll FYI. He literally said that he admires Trump because Trump has mastered the troll game.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    ^

He's been dropping indictments for a while now, and it resulted in a very normal midterm swing, nothing more 

Not to mention that the indictments are about to start swinging the other way... McCabe, Strzok, The Ohrs, Simpson, Clapper, Avenatti, Swetnick, Munro-Leighton, McClean etc.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Sure they seized control of a branch...not with any big margin...but this was expected on the very first day of the Trump presidency as the party in power always loses the house. Congratulations to them for adhering to the norm. The senate gains are big now that the filibuster is dead....judges, appointments etc all just got easier. That's why Sessions was dropped 5 minutes ago and not 5 months ago. The governorships are absolutely important but the most important ones for 2020 are Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan and on those it was a draw.
    How does moving from 51 to 53 in the Senate have any material affect other than protecting against defections?  That provides no advantage on cloture or the filibuster (which is still in place for legislation).  
    It's frankly comical how those on the right here (I believe you), crowed about the dramatic losses in governorships and state legislatures during the Obama years.  I agreed with you on those points, because of the redrawing of the maps made it so difficult for Democrats to win in the gerrymandered districts.  But now they've done it, and overcome outrageous drawing (my district is a prime example of a map that was created to offset the suburban Richmond voters with rural all the way up to Northern VA, literally).  Now the Dems have overcome these hurdles and you change your tune.  Now it's about getting +2 in the Senate.  Okay, right.  
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    So, you're saying all those Hillary haters that want her locked up for all those indictable crimes and not releasing her tax returns are going to be okay with what comes out from Team Mueller's report and House hearings? When its all laid bare and there's potential for multiple felony charges to be filed, that Team Trump Treason and the indy's will re-elect him in 2020? This ain't no lying about a blow job in the oval office, which most Team Trump Treason base supporters can "understand," (please don't try some sort of twisted moral equivalency, its all been squandered by the evangelical class) but treason, obstruction, conspiracy to defraud, tax evasion, and not "upholding the constitution," as sworn to on the Bible (that was the Bible, right? I heard it was Mein Kampf). And of course, the economy will be just roaring along at that 4% quarterly GDP rate. Is your world always this static?

The answer will matter when s/he answers it and evidence warrants charges that, oh gee, they don't bring. You hope for the implosion as a  Bannonite or lack a moral compass, or both.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    He's basically a troll FYI. He literally said that he admires Trump because Trump has mastered the troll game.
    Well he is the troll-in-chief 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    ^

Serious question. Do you think that everyone is completely clueless unless you continually swoop in to grade their papers? 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    ^

Not to mention that the indictments are about to start swinging the other way... McCabe, Strzok, The Ohrs, Simpson, Clapper, Avenatti, Swetnick, Munro-Leighton, McClean etc.
    Ken Jeong Laugh GIF - KenJeong Laugh Laughing GIFs
  • Options
    my2hands said:

This is far from a wave of any color. Dont shoot the messenger. The fight is FAR from over
    You understand the things were talking about regarding the math, right? Because it seems like it's either flying over your head or you're choosing to ignore....
    the math leads to a generic midterm swing. Nothing more, nothing less

2006 & 2010 were "Waves"... yesterday was a normal ripple
  • Options
    This place is hilarious today.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah, i'm a wet blanket. The world was saved yesterday!

#blueripple
This discussion has been closed.