Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    It didn’t matter what the results ended up being...Trump still would’ve tweeted VICTORY!!!  He would’ve called any truths fake news. That’s all he does over and over is confidently tell his base how much they are “winning” even if they aren’t. 

And this is what I hate about him the most and can’t believe it’s tolerated at the presidential level. Letting a president just blatantly lie over and over again is fucking ridiculous. 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    my2hands said:
    And if the Mueller issue does NOT lead to impeachment, i'm afraid 2020 may be a lock.

Democrats somehow let this guy become the "America First" candidate that is also "protecting the border" and therefore is protecting the country, meanwhile the democrats seem more eager to protect trans bathroom use people..... want a POTUS that protects them, protects the country, and puts America first. Elections really arent that complicated. Dems will fuck this up, I'm convinced of it. 
    The dems don't have the numbers for impeachment.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    It didn’t matter what the results ended up being...Trump still would’ve tweeted VICTORY!!!  He would’ve called any truths fake news. That’s all he does over and over is confidently tell his base how much they are “winning” even if they aren’t. 

And this is what I hate about him the most and can’t believe it’s tolerated at the presidential level. Letting a president just blatantly lie over and over again is fucking ridiculous. 
    And that he’s a misogynistic, racist fuck. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    And if the Mueller issue does NOT lead to impeachment, i'm afraid 2020 may be a lock.

Democrats somehow let this guy become the "America First" candidate that is also "protecting the border" and therefore is protecting the country, meanwhile the democrats seem more eager to protect trans bathroom use people..... want a POTUS that protects them, protects the country, and puts America first. Elections really arent that complicated. Dems will fuck this up, I'm convinced of it. 
    I believe you are misreading last night's results.  While FL is depressing, by and large everythign else was positive.  We learned:
    1. Democratic votes substantially outpaced Republican
    2. Midwest states appear to have flipped at some level back to blue, judging by the governorship changes in WI and MI.  Scott Walker losing was huge.  He was elected twice and survived a recall.
    3. Women have heavily come over to Democrats
    4. Aggressive HOR forecasts were in the 30 to 35 range pick up.  I think we are looking at 33/34.  That's pretty damn good.
    5. The GOP is becoming an increasingly white, older and rural party.  Yet the country is becoming more urban, younger and diverse.  Demographics are destiny.  It's not overnight, but it's happening.  

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped.  Republicans have to defend far more seats, many of them in blue states.  
    Yeah.

The republicans are hemorrhaging votes from women, suburbanites, independents and minorities. Basing your long term success on uneducated white males is a losing strategy for them....shouldn't this be obvious to everyone looking at this objectively?
    And yet 2016 still happened and the GOP still controls the Senate and Governors... this was a normal midterm pendulum swing, not a blue wave
    Huh?  I think you've missed the point.

We're talking about the differences between 16 and 18.
    Part of the reason Trump won was because he somehow got women to vote for him. Gender gap then was 2% then, while it was 8% last night.
    Suburban areas swung swing states to Trump then while they overwhelming went to the Dems last night.
    42% of independents voted for HRC then, while 54% went to democrats last night.
    82% of black men voted for HRC, 88% voted for Dems last night.

And just look at the difference in the states that swung '16 verses last night (PA, WI, OH).

The story in the senate last night came down to the math and the fact that so many red states were in play that would normally be red in most election years anyway. But there's a reason why so many house republicans (especially in the suburbs which used to be republican strangleholds) didn't want Trump campaigning with him--they would've lost by more if he did.

Overall? 9 million more people voted democrat than republican.

These numbers are not sustainable, long term, for republicans. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2018
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

My ears are wide open BS, i hear you... while the rest of my team screams at the TV and thinks everyone is racist evil scum. I'm listening brother, and some of what you've been saying for a while has merit.

If Trump was on the ballot yesterday, i'm fully convinced that he would have won. And fucking democrats would still be trying to figure out why
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

My ears are wide open BS, i hear you... while the rest of my team screams at the TV and thinks everyone is racist evil scum. I'm listening brother, and some of what you've been saying for a while has merit.

If Trump was on the ballot yesterday, i'm fully convinced that he would have won. And fucking democrats woukd still be trying to figure out why
    No he most likely would've lost.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I believe you are misreading last night's results.  While FL is depressing, by and large everythign else was positive.  We learned:
    2. Midwest states appear to have flipped at some level back to blue, judging by the governorship changes in WI and MI.  Scott Walker losing was huge.  He was elected twice and survived a recall.
    4. Aggressive HOR forecasts were in the 30 to 35 range pick up.  I think we are looking at 33/34.  That's pretty damn good.
    5. The GOP is becoming an increasingly white, older and rural party.  Yet the country is becoming more urban, younger and diverse.  Demographics are destiny.  It's not overnight, but it's happening.  

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped.  Republicans have to defend far more seats, many of them in blue states.  
    1) Not everywhere...certainly not Florida and certainly not Ohio to name a couple.
    2) Scott Walker losing is big "ish". Nobody should really run a third time. It doesn't matter how successful you are...everyone has an expiry date. That being said this will be the most important state in 2020.
    3) Not all women and not necessarily in the states where it matters
    4) 33/34 is historical average for a president in first term which is a subpar performance based on the "Trump repudiation" the AMT was expecting...this repudiation didn't happen and conservatives surprisingly held strong in some seats and flipped a few other.
    5) The urban/rural split is absolutely real but as always this is an electoral college game and not a popular vote game. 2020 election will completely boil down to Wisconsin and possibly Michigan...especially if John James is on the ballot again. No point for anybody to even campaign anywhere else. Progressive democrats lost last night while moderate dems won...the dems will need a candidate that can push turnout while not veering too far to the left...who that is remains to be seen.

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped but the GOP likely built the buffer they need to retain control. Doug Jones told me so.
    1. I'm talking about nationwide, in totality.  Obviously if this was an individual state statement, the Dems would have won all senate seats.  
    2. He lost no matter how you couch it.  The losses of governorship in MI and WI are critical.  Ohio is gone, period, as I mentioned in a different comment earlier.  Florida may be as well, for a few cycles.  
    3. Really, not ALL women?  That's weird, I was sure every woman voted for a Democrat.  I'll have to check the numbers again.
    4. Impressive that somehow you culled a monolithic statement from everyone in the AMT, as if that mattered.  My statement stands.  The aggressive forecast was in the mid 30's.  That was achieved.  So what if H2M or someone was shit talking and said 197 seats.  
    5. Dems won.  Some were progressive, some were moderate.  Moderates will always pull more crossover, the risk is the 3rd party pulling away the extremes.  See the Arizona race as an example, obviously.  

I don't think you should be taking political commentary from Doug Jones.  He had a solid knuckle-curve, but you could never rely on him in clutch situations.  Any reliever topping out at 87 mph is a risk.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah.

The republicans are hemorrhaging votes from women, suburbanites, independents and minorities. Basing your long term success on uneducated white males is a losing strategy for them....shouldn't this be obvious to everyone looking at this objectively?
    And yet 2016 still happened and the GOP still controls the Senate and Governors... this was a normal midterm pendulum swing, not a blue wave
    Related image
    Same shit i heard in the W & Obama years... young, women, demographics, the old white party is dead in the water... yet here we are 

Here we are indeed with dems getting 8 million more house votes.

Perhaps gerrymandering and deep red state Senate races are clouding perception?

AZ, GA and TX are on the verge of becoming swing states, and  are clearly more blue than they were 5-10 years ago. FL allowing 1.4M ex cons voting will certainly help with these less than 1% losses.

The US is looking more Democratic than before, even in some red states.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

If Trump was on the ballot yesterday, i'm fully convinced that he would have won. And fucking democrats would still be trying to figure out why
    yep, everyone's an idiot and you know it all. 

yep, it's wednesday. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I'm here with 8 million more Americans who are fully convinced that analysis is wrong
  • Options
    fact: trump is a sack of shit. look no further than his treatment of Jim Acosta today. he gets legitimately challenged so he calls him names. what a fucking loser. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah.

Part of the reason Trump won was because he somehow got women to vote for him. Gender gap then was 2% then, while it was 8% last night.
    Suburban areas swung swing states to Trump then while they overwhelming went to the Dems last night.

And just look at the difference in the states that swung '16 verses last night (PA, WI, OH).

The story in the senate last night came down to the math and the fact that so many red states were in play that would normally be red in most election years anyway. But there's a reason why so many house republicans (especially in the suburbs which used to be republican strangleholds) didn't want Trump campaigning with him--they would've lost by more if he did.

The 9 million number as a whole is irrelevant. The dems won the popular vote in 16...big whoop....they'll likely win it in 2020 as well. The only thing that matters is the states themselves. Florida and Ohio will likely stay red. Pennsylvania and Michigan will likely go blue. The battle will be in Wisconsin and just maybe New Hampshire. Almost nothing that happens between now and then will change things just like how almost nothing that happened over the last two years changed anything. What you witnessed yesterday was essentially the historical average. This is the point.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah.

The 9 million number as a whole is irrelevant. The dems won the popular vote in 16...big whoop....they'll likely win it in 2020 as well. The only thing that matters is the states themselves. Florida and Ohio will likely stay red. Pennsylvania and Michigan will likely go blue. The battle will be in Wisconsin and just maybe New Hampshire. Almost nothing that happens between now and then will change things just like how almost nothing that happened over the last two years changed anything. What you witnessed yesterday was essentially the historical average. This is the point.
    Nah.
    The point is all of which you neglected to respond to. Speaks volumes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

1) Not everywhere...certainly not Florida and certainly not Ohio to name a couple.
    2) Scott Walker losing is big "ish". Nobody should really run a third time. It doesn't matter how successful you are...everyone has an expiry date. That being said this will be the most important state in 2020.
    4) 33/34 is historical average for a president in first term which is a subpar performance based on the "Trump repudiation" the AMT was expecting...this repudiation didn't happen and conservatives surprisingly held strong in some seats and flipped a few other.
    5) The urban/rural split is absolutely real but as always this is an electoral college game and not a popular vote game. 2020 election will completely boil down to Wisconsin and possibly Michigan...especially if John James is on the ballot again. No point for anybody to even campaign anywhere else. Progressive democrats lost last night while moderate dems won...the dems will need a candidate that can push turnout while not veering too far to the left...who that is remains to be seen.

The Senate map in 2020 is flipped but the GOP likely built the buffer they need to retain control. Doug Jones told me so.
    1. I'm talking about nationwide, in totality.  Obviously if this was an individual state statement, the Dems would have won all senate seats.  
    2. He lost no matter how you couch it.  The losses of governorship in MI and WI are critical.  Ohio is gone, period, as I mentioned in a different comment earlier.  Florida may be as well, for a few cycles.  
    3. Really, not ALL women?  That's weird, I was sure every woman voted for a Democrat.  I'll have to check the numbers again.
    4. Impressive that somehow you culled a monolithic statement from everyone in the AMT, as if that mattered.  My statement stands.  The aggressive forecast was in the mid 30's.  That was achieved.  So what if H2M or someone was shit talking and said 197 seats.  
    5. Dems won.  Some were progressive, some were moderate.  Moderates will always pull more crossover, the risk is the 3rd party pulling away the extremes.  See the Arizona race as an example, obviously.  

I don't think you should be taking political commentary from Doug Jones.  He had a solid knuckle-curve, but you could never rely on him in clutch situations.  Any reliever topping out at 87 mph is a risk.  
    I don't recall anyone claiming that the dems would win the house and senate or that it would be some huge blow out. However, I do recall a certain poster claiming that Team Trump Treason would gain seats in both houses in the mid terms, which would lead to his overwhelming landside re-election and further gains in the House and Senate for repubs in 2020, thus cemnenting the repub orthodoxy for generations to come. And that it was all necessary to stick it to the ruling elites, or some such gobblygook.  The first part of that procastination has alread been proven false and with a taniking economy and impeachment, Team Trump Treason is a one termer. 2016 was an anomoly due to putin on the ritz and collusion to throw an election.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^
    Last night went about the way most of us expected it to go. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    Other than Florida, at least for me.  I thought the D's could put it off.  I guess I underestimated how powerful the cotton picking racists are in FL.  
  • Options
    You guys realize the Democrats got more votes in 2016 as well? 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    Are you parroting BS, now, too? haha. 
    Delve deeper into the numbers, fella. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

yep, it's wednesday. 
    No... I'm just a better listener than some apparently, and dont think name calling is an appropriate poltical strategy
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    Uh yeah... we do.  And do you realize the only time since 88 that an R had more votes than a D was in 2004.  And the gap between them  continues to widen.  What does that tell you?  Evidently you are drawing that Trump is more popular than Democrats, is that right?  Another perspective could be that the founders didn't trust democracy (hint, they didn't), so put this system in.  It doesn't mean that Trump is super duper popular, it means their strategy of dividing is working.  Good for him?  We must be proud.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    mrussel1 said:
    ^
    Other than Florida, at least for me.  I thought the D's could put it off.  I guess I underestimated how powerful the cotton picking racists are in FL.  
    Same, and I also thought maybe Texas would squeak by... it was close, but not close enough. Otherwise, it went the exact way I expected.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

yep, it's wednesday. 
    No... I'm just a better listener than some apparently, and dont think name calling is an appropriate poltical strategy
    I guess condescension is perfectly ok, though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

yep, it's wednesday. 
    Trump has proved it's actually the best strategy... again, we must be proud.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ^
    Same, and I also thought maybe Texas would squeak by... it was close, but not close enough. Otherwise, it went the exact way I expected.
    To me, TX was a dream.  It's still a few cycles away from being a reality.  The same is probably true for AZ; however, NV's time is here.  
  • Options
    Florida was disappointing but expected. Texas went as I thought it would although during the evening I thought there could be an upset. But its Texas, they deserve Ted Cruz. Gaining the House plus some governorships is enough for me. Let the investigations begin. And the political and economic landscape will be vastly different in 2020 than it was yesterday.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

This is just plain incorrect. There are places where Trump crushed it...there are places where he got beat. It is certainly not a repudiation of him or the GOP in any way shape or form. Too say he lost and the dems won is just silly. There are warning signs for both parties and at the end of the day the dems will need a candidate that will play strong in the rust belt to win in 2020.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    ^
    Yup. It would have taken a miracle to win the senate given the map.

The midterms will be old news once Mueller starts dropping indictments and the house gets back to being a real check on this administration.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    2010... GOP gained 63 house seats... 6 senate seats... and 6 governorships 

Yesterday was cute, but far from a wave, of any color. Dont shoot the messenger. The fight is FAR from over
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    my2hands said:
    Are you parroting BS, now, too? haha. 
    Delve deeper into the numbers, fella. 
    He must not realize that BS is also one of us unknowledgeable Canadians, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.