Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166

Where "6MWE" = 6 million weren't enough
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    edited January 2021

Right there is where the first person should have been shot - if they were black or brown they would have been.
    Happens every day.
    Or at least a gun blast over their heads.  Of course maybe those cops weren't carrying weapons?  That might be the case.

I saw one of them had a firearm at his side but am unsure. 
    Crazy days.
    Yeah, I go back and forth on this because they shouldn't even be thinking about shooting those people charging a barricade, but we know similar situations happen with LE all the time and it would most likely be justified because they could fear for their life, especially once physical assault occurs and an officer is knocked to the ground, which is a very vulnerable position. Ultimately they have to retreat to safety in this situation. They are outnumbered and unprepared. They needed riot gear and tear gas. I would like to think that it will never be ok for armed officers to blatantly start shooting people who are not armed, or at least holding a firearm. Had that happened, this would have been a massacre on the capitol grounds.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    edited January 2021
    my wife's brother lives in green bay. since 2016 he has told everyone that he refuses to discuss trump. he fucking hates him. i texted him last night and asked if any of his trump buddies were still supporters. he insists "most of them are good people with good values who just want low taxes and limited government". 

can't say i agree with that. wonder if yesterday was a tipping point for them. 
    Not likely....the mantra for his supporters seems to be that ANTIFA infiltrated the MAGA supporters and caused the trouble.
    The question that they need to answer is which is it? Because I have heard both positions argued. Some are calling them patriots who were following the example of the founding fathers in standing up to oppression. Others have made the claim that they were ANTIFA, not Trump supporters who breached the building. They can't have it both ways. 
    This is exactly right and places like Fox are to blame with their mixed bag of messages trying to get something to stick. You have Palin on Fox last night crying that this was really Antifa and then you have this guy this morning calling them misunderstood born again patriots and not conspiracy nuts that performed treason. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Doctored. The douche in the short-sleeve T is from a previous hate rally.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    The picture on the left isn't from yesterday. 

I saw that same picture on Twitter a few days ago... I think it was from the Proud Boys last DC protest. 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

We have a ton we can work on.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Yesterday was the definition of insurrection and saying Trump played the fools for the fools they are is a polite way of getting around the fact that he incited what happened. 

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
    1. a violent uprising against an authority or government."

"18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

They were literally rebelling against the laws surrounding the US elections. That they were misinformed and / or delusional fools has no bearing on what transpired. 

Fair enough.   I think what I'm trying to say is the media and everyone hyping this like a terror threat should prepare for the possibility of a much worse threat.  I'm going to try to use an example here and hopefully not sound dumb.  If I poke someone with my pinky finger, technically it's still considered an 'Assault' by law.  If I violently punch someone in the face... it's also assault.  Given both actions, would they deserve the same headline:  "MAN ASSAULTED IN THE PARK YESTERDAY"  technically the headline would be true for both.. but one is obviously more serious than the other.   This is just me and my opinion obviously.. but the news headlines should read:  "MORONS HOODWINKED INTO BREACHING THE CAPITOL" 

Everything that happened yesterday clearly falls under those definitions of terrorism, insurrection, rebellion.  Hopefully people understand that this could have been a lot worse. Like... next level worse.  Making it seem like all these idiots were there to carry out a rebellion or insurrection...  that's just not what I saw.  Was it awful? Yes.  Illegal?  Yes.  Technically falls under the categories mentioned? Yes.   But to me.. they lacked an agenda, a plan, any semblance of organization.  This seemed more mob mentality than terrorism. It kind of explains.. though it still baffles me.. the lack of retaliation or enforcement. It's startling, really. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    Oh well it's all good then...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2021

Right there is where the first person should have been shot - if they were black or brown they would have been.
    Happens every day.
    Not saying they wouldn't have wanted to, but doubt it if the numbers outnumbered them with both sides having guns. 

But not even a warning shot in the air? Maybe that doesn't work in gun-normalized US? 

In Sweden there is always the good ol' warning shot in the air. Isn't that protocol. 
    They are not worried where that warning shot lands? That seems pretty irresponsible if that is “protocol”.  Maybe if they fired blanks in the air, like a race starter pistol?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    The funniest part was they were literally hanging Trump flags in place of US flags.

I saw a back to back photo of the capitol building with dignitaries and USA flags next to a photo of the morons with MAGA hats and Trump flags.  I still can't believe it happened, but here we are.  
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    my wife's brother lives in green bay. since 2016 he has told everyone that he refuses to discuss trump. he fucking hates him. i texted him last night and asked if any of his trump buddies were still supporters. he insists "most of them are good people with good values who just want low taxes and limited government". 

can't say i agree with that. wonder if yesterday was a tipping point for them. 
    Not likely....the mantra for his supporters seems to be that ANTIFA infiltrated the MAGA supporters and caused the trouble.
    The question that they need to answer is which is it? Because I have heard both positions argued. Some are calling them patriots who were following the example of the founding fathers in standing up to oppression. Others have made the claim that they were ANTIFA, not Trump supporters who breached the building. They can't have it both ways. 
    This is exactly right and places like Fox are to blame with their mixed bag of messages trying to get something to stick. You have Palin on Fox last night crying that this was really Antifa and then you have this guy this morning calling them misunderstood born again patriots and not conspiracy nuts that performed treason. 

Yikes. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    The funniest part was they were literally hanging Trump flags in place of US flags.
    It's not too difficult to grasp the symbolism on that one.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited January 2021
    So I keep asking myself, what was the terrorists end game?  Where they going to try and take over congress ?  Kidnap?  Kill?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    ISIS flags is what I see.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I keep asking myself, what was the terrorists end game?  Where they going to try and take over congress ?  Kidnap?  Kill?
    There was a picture of one guy all padded up and holding thick riot-type zip ties. So, yeah, someone was intent on scooping up some people.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    Those MAGATS couldn't just tell there was antifa among 'em?  They slippin' yo.  SLIPPIN
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    How's this for hypocrisy: 

July 27th Tweet from Trump:

"Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!"

January 6th: 

"I know your pain. I know your hurt. ... We have to have peace.  We love you. You're very special."  
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    mcgruff10 said:
    There was a picture of one guy all padded up and holding thick riot-type zip ties. So, yeah, someone was intent on scooping up some people.
    I missed that, crazy.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    ikiT said:
    Those MAGATS couldn't just tell there was antifa among 'em?  They slippin' yo.  SLIPPIN
    The were ALL anfifa!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Trump banned from FB!

You can only guess what rabbit holes this leads people down...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I missed that, crazy.  
    Good Afternoon News Trump Inspires Fascist Followers to Stage Capitol  Coup - Blogtown - Portland Mercury
    Seth Abramson on Twitter I agree with those saying that if you are a  violent seditionist and you force your way into the United States Capitol  with a large stock of zip

I thought these clowns do not like the American flag to be altered in anyway? The Punisher logo is so edgy! 
  • Options
    Trump banned from FB!

Zuckerberg's statement says he's banned from Facebook and Instagram....but his Instagram is still active. Maybe he can't post now or something....but the page is still there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I missed that, crazy.  
    Good Afternoon News Trump Inspires Fascist Followers to Stage Capitol  Coup - Blogtown - Portland Mercury
    Seth Abramson on Twitter I agree with those saying that if you are a  violent seditionist and you force your way into the United States Capitol  with a large stock of zip

I thought these clowns do not like the American flag to be altered in anyway? The Punisher logo is so edgy! 
    if this image were of anyone without white skin: terrorist! 

good thing he has a safe place for his sunglasses though. #priorities
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Trump banned from FB!

Banned from social media but still has access to the nuclear codes.

25th amend his ass now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I missed that, crazy.  

He is wearing all black so he must be ANTIIIIIIIIFA.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    So congress adjourned...I take it we are “moving forward together” and “looking forward not backward” instead of holding the instigators accountable...well can’t wait to see what message no repercussions sends
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    So congress adjourned...I take it we are “moving forward together” and “looking forward not backward” instead of holding the instigators accountable...well can’t wait to see what message no repercussions sends
    the FBI is investigating. it's not up to politicians to hold criminals to account. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    advice needed from fellow non-americans: how the fuck do i divorce myself from american politics? i can't fucking take it anymore. i thought and hoped the election of biden would make things better. it's not. things are going to get worse. much, much, worse. i need to be inoculated from america. 
    Not kissing ass but I for one appreciate your thoughts and comments and those of others from other countries. Take some time away if necessary but don’t stop posting about this. We all need to know others are on the right side even if you don’t live here. 
    i appreciate that. had a weak moment last night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Trump banned from FB!

Banned from social media but still has access to the nuclear codes.

25th amend his ass now.
    Regardless of whatever agreement he made to play nice nice so he doesn't get 25th'ed, every Dem politician should be saying fuck that and just do it. If it doesn't actually happen, fine, but they should screaming for it right now.
  • Options
    Like Republican Trump voters aren't coming out to vote for anyone but Trump. If they lose those voters it's not like it's the Dems' gain. It would actually be beneficial for the Garbage Party to invoke it so they don't lose the Republican voters who may just say fuck it these people are nuts.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,595
    And now he's banned from Facebook.
    Can you imagine the tantrum?

This discussion has been closed.