Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

We have a ton we can work on.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Yesterday was the definition of insurrection and saying Trump played the fools for the fools they are is a polite way of getting around the fact that he incited what happened. 

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
    1. a violent uprising against an authority or government."

"18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

They were literally rebelling against the laws surrounding the US elections. That they were misinformed and / or delusional fools has no bearing on what transpired. 

Fair enough.   I think what I'm trying to say is the media and everyone hyping this like a terror threat should prepare for the possibility of a much worse threat.  I'm going to try to use an example here and hopefully not sound dumb.  If I poke someone with my pinky finger, technically it's still considered an 'Assault' by law.  If I violently punch someone in the face... it's also assault.  Given both actions, would they deserve the same headline:  "MAN ASSAULTED IN THE PARK YESTERDAY"  technically the headline would be true for both.. but one is obviously more serious than the other.   This is just me and my opinion obviously.. but the news headlines should read:  "MORONS HOODWINKED INTO BREACHING THE CAPITOL" 

Everything that happened yesterday clearly falls under those definitions of terrorism, insurrection, rebellion.  Hopefully people understand that this could have been a lot worse. Like... next level worse.  Making it seem like all these idiots were there to carry out a rebellion or insurrection...  that's just not what I saw.  Was it awful? Yes.  Illegal?  Yes.  Technically falls under the categories mentioned? Yes.   But to me.. they lacked an agenda, a plan, any semblance of organization.  This seemed more mob mentality than terrorism. It kind of explains.. though it still baffles me.. the lack of retaliation or enforcement. It's startling, really. 

Their agenda was to overturn the process of counting the electoral votes, so you're wrong there. That there was little to no chance of success doesn't change the fact that this was their clear and stated agenda.

Beyond that did they have a plan? No, but that doesn't mean they didn't march on and breach the Capitol with the intention of overturning the results of our election at the urging of the lame duck president. Just because they were idiots doesn't make it any less serious or treasonous, nor should it make the repercussions any less severe. 

This was the definition of insurrection. This was the definition of sedition. You can argue that it wasn't, or that you aren't convinced, or that it could have been worse, but none of that changes the fact that what transpired yesterday meets those definitions. 

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't realize it could have been worse... but that doesn't make what happened any less unacceptable. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    IIRC I believe I saw a tweet that if not for a headsy Dem senator aide to pick up the boxes with the Electoral College certs before evacuating that this could have turned out much, much worse.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Parksy said:
    How's this for hypocrisy: 

July 27th Tweet from Trump:

"Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!"

January 6th: 

"I know your pain. I know your hurt. ... We have to have peace.  We love you. You're very special."  
    Consistency is the key to good leadership. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I'm curious about the other three deaths yesterday that were considered "medical" related.

This was tRump's Benghazi
    I read one fell to his/her death.
    Another accidentally tased themselves and had a massive heart attack. 

Am I allowed to laugh at this or not?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It’s really amazing to me that so many cowardly republicans are afraid of a guy who lost them the house, senate and White House over the last few years. 

Trump is an historically unpopular, impeached, one term president who never once had the majority of this country support him. Lol
    And today should be a circus like PA's house was a circus yesterday. But watch - a lot of these dipshits that were calling for an investigation or not certifying the elector votes all of a sudden are singing a different tune now. The Dems need to not be idiots and get all that shit on record and attack every fucking single one of these assholes until they lose their seats.
    I think I’m just gonna ignore the news for the next day or so. Today shouldn’t matter. It’s just math. I’m not giving their dog and pony show my attention. 

....at least that is the plan. Ha

Just dropping in and catching up after a few weeks out...
    How did that plan work out for you yesterday, Juggler?
    I guess I'll read on and find out
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    YEAH BUT WHAT IF IT WAS THE LEFTIST EXTREMISTS WITH THEIR "HUMAN RIGHTS" AND "GLOBAL WARMING NEEDS TO BE STOPPED" PROPAGANDA?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    Parksy said:

"Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!"

January 6th: 

"I know your pain. I know your hurt. ... We have to have peace.  We love you. You're very special."  
    Trump's comments kind of destroys the ANTIFA myth....why would he call them "very special", etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,584
    edited January 2021
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I keep asking myself, what was the terrorists end game?  Where they going to try and take over congress ?  Kidnap?  Kill?
    There was a picture of one guy all padded up and holding thick riot-type zip ties. So, yeah, someone was intent on scooping up some people.
    I missed that, crazy.  
    Good Afternoon News Trump Inspires Fascist Followers to Stage Capitol  Coup - Blogtown - Portland Mercury
    Seth Abramson on Twitter I agree with those saying that if you are a  violent seditionist and you force your way into the United States Capitol  with a large stock of zip

I thought these clowns do not like the American flag to be altered in anyway? The Punisher logo is so edgy! 
    People who only played as Terrorists and never Counter-Terrorists since Counter-Strike was in beta. 

This is what happens. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Parksy said:

January 6th: 

Trump's comments kind of destroys the ANTIFA myth....why would he call them "very special", etc.
    Yeah, if you have a group of people prepared to lie about something to deceive the public, you should probably get your talking points straightened out and aligned first.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    I had to shut that off.
    Very unsafe driving, it is upsetting.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The people are absolutely poisoned. Gross.
  • Options
    I had to shut that off.
    Very unsafe driving, it is upsetting.
    that thought also entered my mind. why do these people always rant like that when driving?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    The people are absolutely poisoned. Gross.
    I find this very sad.  

At some point, this woman was probably a normal person.  She submerged herself into the world of Trump, fox news, oan, Newsmax, etc and was radicalized.  She is frothing off about a bunch of bullshit and none of it makes sense.  

Radicalization.  It is happening here.  It needs to be stopped if it isn't too late.  
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Yesterday was the definition of insurrection and saying Trump played the fools for the fools they are is a polite way of getting around the fact that he incited what happened. 

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

They were literally rebelling against the laws surrounding the US elections. That they were misinformed and / or delusional fools has no bearing on what transpired. 

Fair enough.   I think what I'm trying to say is the media and everyone hyping this like a terror threat should prepare for the possibility of a much worse threat.  I'm going to try to use an example here and hopefully not sound dumb.  If I poke someone with my pinky finger, technically it's still considered an 'Assault' by law.  If I violently punch someone in the face... it's also assault.  Given both actions, would they deserve the same headline:  "MAN ASSAULTED IN THE PARK YESTERDAY"  technically the headline would be true for both.. but one is obviously more serious than the other.   This is just me and my opinion obviously.. but the news headlines should read:  "MORONS HOODWINKED INTO BREACHING THE CAPITOL" 

Everything that happened yesterday clearly falls under those definitions of terrorism, insurrection, rebellion.  Hopefully people understand that this could have been a lot worse. Like... next level worse.  Making it seem like all these idiots were there to carry out a rebellion or insurrection...  that's just not what I saw.  Was it awful? Yes.  Illegal?  Yes.  Technically falls under the categories mentioned? Yes.   But to me.. they lacked an agenda, a plan, any semblance of organization.  This seemed more mob mentality than terrorism. It kind of explains.. though it still baffles me.. the lack of retaliation or enforcement. It's startling, really. 

Their agenda was to overturn the process of counting the electoral votes, so you're wrong there. That there was little to no chance of success doesn't change the fact that this was their clear and stated agenda.

Beyond that did they have a plan? No, but that doesn't mean they didn't march on and breach the Capitol with the intention of overturning the results of our election at the urging of the lame duck president. Just because they were idiots doesn't make it any less serious or treasonous, nor should it make the repercussions any less severe. 

This was the definition of insurrection. This was the definition of sedition. You can argue that it wasn't, or that you aren't convinced, or that it could have been worse, but none of that changes the fact that what transpired yesterday meets those definitions. 

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't realize it could have been worse... but that doesn't make what happened any less unacceptable. 
    Let's say you're correct and I'm wrong... which is quite possible. :)    If it's as bad as you say....  why is Trump not in custody? 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    it was an insurrection, by definition, but i don't believe for one second any of them going there had planned that out. this was just a mob of thugs that were doing no thinking, just smashing. they were probably just as surprised as we are that they were able to penetrate the capitol. 

there was more teeth than brains in that crowd, and I didn't see a whole lotta teeth. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I keep asking myself, what was the terrorists end game?  Where they going to try and take over congress ?  Kidnap?  Kill?
    Imo, Trump was hoping they would delay/undermine this process. At best break the wheel of our system.  Lots of communication from the white house seems to have been nudging his followers to do this. 

Many of them probably had that in mind from the getgo.  Some wanted to make a statement, some wanted to clown around for social media photos.  Some likely had insidious hopes, judging from the zip ties.

What happens if things go differently and the mob corners Schumer or Pelosi?  Do they tear them apart with their bare hands?  

But there was no "official" plan coordinated by everyone to do this
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Let's say you're correct and I'm wrong... which is quite possible. :)    If it's as bad as you say....  why is Trump not in custody? 
    Well, you are wrong. They marched on and breached the Capitol to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes at the incitement of the POTUS, and they were successful in disrupting the count... only temporarily, granted  but they did disrupt the count. 

Are you really refuting that this was their agenda?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    wait, I thought it was antifa?!
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/derrick-evans-capitol-riots-video-235525541.html

West Virginia Delegate Derrick Evans Films Self Breaking Into Capitol With Rioters

Derrick Evans, a newly elected Republican member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, numbered among the right-wing rioters who violently broke into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday afternoon, shown in a video he posted to social media.

In the now-deleted video, Evans can be heard encouraging the crush of people around him to push into the building, which had been placed on lockdown after supporters of President Donald Trump began to clash with police outside.

At one point, Evans leads the crowd in a chant of “Trump!”

Once the rioters breach the Capitol, Evans yells, “They’re in! They’re in! They’re in!”

He then encourages the group to move into the building and can be heard screaming: “We’re in! We’re in! We’re in! We’re in! Derrick Evans is in the Capitol!”

“Keep it moving, baby!” he yells in the video he posted.

Evans turns the camera around at certain points, making himself clearly visible amid the sea of rioters in red “Make America great again” hats, carrying “Trump is my president” flags and wearing conspiracy theory garb.

“Who thought this was gonna happen today?” he says.

In a statement subsequently posted to Facebook, Evans refused to apologize for obviously participating in the break-in. Instead, he claimed, bizarrely, that he was a member of the media.

Trump encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol earlier in the day during a rally to protest Democrat Joe Biden’s election win that was held just as Congress and Vice President Mike Pence began formally certifying the Electoral College count. Though some Republicans condemned the violent insurrection, Trump has resisted denouncing his supporters, telling them in one video posted to Twitter, “We love you. You’re very special.”

At another point in his footage, Evans can be heard laughing as a lone police officer inside the Capitol tries frantically to disperse the rioters. Reports, photos and videos from the scene do not indicate that police made a forceful initial attempt to prevent the pro-Trump crowd from marching forward until it was too late.

One woman died of a gunshot wound sustained inside the Capitol, although it is not yet clear how she was shot.

Evans has not taken down video of himself among the Trump supporters on the National Mall before the insurrection.

“All you liberals, lay down. We don’t care what you liberals think,” Evans says in a live-stream that remains posted to his personal Facebook page. “Patriots are rising up in this country ― better get used to it.”

The first-time lawmaker was sworn into office ― a process that includes swearing to uphold the U.S. Constitution ― last month. He was previously known as a local anti-abortion protester whose repeated harassment led one woman to file a restraining order.

West Virginia House Speaker Roger Hanshaw (R) condemned the riot in a statement but said he had not yet spoken to Evans about it.

“He will need to answer to his constituents and colleagues regarding his involvement in what has occurred today,” Hanshaw said. “While free speech and peaceful protests are a core value of American society, storming government buildings and participating in a violent intentional disruption of one of our nation’s most fundamental political institutions is a crime that should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

The last time the U.S. Capitol was stormed was during the War of 1812, when British soldiers attacked the building in late August of 1814.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    PJNB said:
    I'm curious about the other three deaths yesterday that were considered "medical" related.

This was tRump's Benghazi
    I read one fell to his/her death.
    Another accidentally tased themselves and had a massive heart attack. 

Am I allowed to laugh at this or not?
    It's required. 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    it was an insurrection, by definition, but i don't believe for one second any of them going there had planned that out. this was just a mob of thugs that were doing no thinking, just smashing. they were probably just as surprised as we are that they were able to penetrate the capitol. 

there was more teeth than brains in that crowd, and I didn't see a whole lotta teeth. 
    To be fair to those insisting that yes it was an insurrection...   yes.  But a very, very, very, poor one because the leader of said insurrection is more spray on tan and spam than human skin and brains. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    Pelosi just pushed her press conference until 1:30 the same time Graham is doing one. Either it is a joint presser or competing. Lots of talk on impeachment right now that could fizzle out but today is a big day in deciding what happens next and how far they are willing to go

There are a handful of scenarios out there that will not allow him to run again in 2024 if they push for it in the next couple of days. Lots needs to happen but it will be gut check time for the R on how they want to shape their next 4-8 years.  
  • Options
    i can't imagine they'll impeach or invoke the 25th. with only less than 2 weeks to go, i can't see it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat is a clear and present danger to the Republic. We can't wait 13 more days.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Haha, now that I think about it @Parksy, maybe ISIS or some other terror cells are the dumb ones. I bet they feel like shit and are kicking themselves not realizing all they had to do was set up a protest outside the Capitol to gain access to the sensitive insides of where our legislators operate.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    i can't imagine they'll impeach or invoke the 25th. with only less than 2 weeks to go, i can't see it. 
    This is what I mean by holding him and others accountable, like cori bush’s legislation to remove the seditious congress members...if something isn’t done it is going to come roaring back. Some sort of example needs to be made.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Imo, Trump was hoping they would delay/undermine this process. At best break the wheel of our system.  Lots of communication from the white house seems to have been nudging his followers to do this. 

Many of them probably had that in mind from the getgo.  Some wanted to make a statement, some wanted to clown around for social media photos.  Some likely had insidious hopes, judging from the zip ties.

What happens if things go differently and the mob corners Schumer or Pelosi?  Do they tear them apart with their bare hands?  

But there was no "official" plan coordinated by everyone to do this
    Agreed. There wasn't and "end game" in the sense that the 9/11 terrorists had an endgame.  I'd even be willing to bet that many of the people in the capital had no idea an hour prior that they'd actually end up inside the capital. Others, as you point out, had zip ties and looked like they were ready to kill or die for Trump. But as a whole, there was no organization, thankfully.

From Trump's point of view, he might have actually been delusional enough to think that if they could stop the process from occurring on the 6th, he'd get four more more years (and smart enough to know that one of them would break the perimeter first and the rest of them would follow).

These people spend the better part of their free time swallowing nonsense and being radicalized. Before you know it, they go from "regular person" (or "anoying" right-wing jerk" to completely obsessed.  And it's not going away soon.  I don't think there's been a meeting at Fox News HQ today that included the phrase "what have we done!?"  I don't think the GOP is going to start trying to govern rather than rule; nor do I think they're going to stop using their Trumpian tactics to attract voters.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    Probably not. Even if it was two months. You need a lot of cooperation from cabinet members (mostly temporary and sycophants) and the Senate (mostly sycophants).

That said, there's an immediate danger here. Anyone who doesn't think he'll take down what he can...well I hope they're right.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.