Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2021
    advice needed from fellow non-americans: how the fuck do i divorce myself from american politics? i can't fucking take it anymore. i thought and hoped the election of biden would make things better. it's not. things are going to get worse. much, much, worse. i need to be inoculated from america. 
    I guarantee you it won't be as bad in a month from now, and for the next two years. Any other advice I would have is: get off the internet and take a walk in the woods.
    Agreed....the bitching and constant conspiracy theories won't go away but those morons can be easily blocked on FB.

The daily outrage will be gone.  That will be nice.
    People have been normalized into thinking the last four years is the way it has always been. Just since the election alone you've heard less from him. I would have him in my world even when I wasn't seeking him out because he was the President. Now, not only him but the entire Garbage Party has lost all three branches of government. I assure everyone the intensity will be ratcheted down. It'll be like the Obama Days where you could go peek on Fox News for the ghouls and whatever bullshit aggrieved thing they're bitching about. Maybe Biden will be wearing a tan suit or some shit. Otherwise, the constant headache will go away, at least for a couple of years. The only difference this time around is people can't get complacent and bury their heads in the sand like they did during Obama's tenure and just assumed Hillary and normalcy would prevail. Forget the internet, have meaningful conversations with The Crazies in your family - especially those younger than you - and don't skirt around the issues. Discussion and arguments are healthy. Oh, and run for office yourself or help someone else out - I don't care what position it is.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185

holy shit....this is graphic but why in the hell did she keep at it when the cop with the gun was just a few feet from her?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

holy shit....this is graphic but why in the hell did she keep at it when the cop with the gun was just a few feet from her?
    Oh, well. Not to be a dick, but, again, these same people would support protecting your house if you felt threatened. BLUE LIVES MATTER.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633

I saw a different angle of that further back.  There is nobody trying to get through the glass and all of the sudden she just hops up there and tries to jump through and she was stopped in her tracks.  

I can only assume, there was a high value individual there like a Senator(s) and they werent fucking around.

Its really god damn sad that this young woman was poisoned to that extent.  All these people.  What if all this energy, hate, and paranoia went toward something good?

• Options
    That's a hard one to digest.  The shooter didn't see the police behind her I'm sure.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I saw a different angle of that further back.  There is nobody trying to get through the glass and all of the sudden she just hops up there and tries to jump through and she was stopped in her tracks.  

I can only assume, there was a high value individual there like a Senator(s) and they werent fucking around.

Its really god damn sad that this young woman was poisoned to that extent.  All these people.  What if all this energy, hate, and paranoia went toward something good?

I wondered that too.  Was the shooter secret service maybe?  

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    The doors are barricaded,  there is a gun pointed at you,  and yet you continue to ban the door. This is not surprising.  
  • Options
    No one said they were smart. The point is if these people were of a darker complexion they would absolutely be called terrorists. Not that they'd get that far, as they'd be shot dead the minute they were past the barriers.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812

Oh, well. Not to be a dick, but, again, these same people would support protecting your house if you felt threatened. BLUE LIVES MATTER.

This was not a protester or a supporter -- this was an invader. 
    This should likely have happened many other times yesterday. 
    In some places this is what these same assholes fight for -- someone comes in my front door I can shoot them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    I don't see that as a crime. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

This was not a protester or a supporter -- this was an invader. 
    This should likely have happened many other times yesterday. 
    In some places this is what these same assholes fight for -- someone comes in my front door I can shoot them.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's no longer a protest when you're no longer demonstrating. You're breaking and entering.
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

We have a ton we can work on.  
  • Options
    No one said they were smart. The point is if these people were of a darker complexion they would absolutely be called terrorists. Not that they'd get that far, as they'd be shot dead the minute they were past the barriers.
    Oh yes.  The comparison of security during BLM protests and yesterday is alarming and sad. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I always harp on the fact that the thing that's missing today is empathy. But these people don't deserve it, because if they had any of it we wouldn't be here right now.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    This has been planned for weeks to storm the capitol. Anyone that went on the public far right sites knew this. Donald Trump knew this and he openly accepted it to throw off the vote . Ever since his Jan 6th is going to be wild tweet/go ahead wink breaking the barrier and entering the building has been the plan. What I can't believe was in the plan though from the terrorists was how easy it was to get into the building and how easy it was to just walk out. I think the women who was shot yesterday probably felt that she was invincible up until that point and they were going to go and do as they pleased untouched. Also if you watched the videos from yesterday when they were leaving these idiots thought they were part of a revolution and actually did some damage to Biden getting re-elected. 
  • Options
    I don't see that as a crime. 
    Im sure there will be an investigation and the details will come out.  If this is just some police officer who shot too soon than it is an even bigger tragedy and he/she needs to be held accountable.

By the amount of presence there though, possibly secret service, as I mentioned, at this point I assume there was a VIP in there like Mike Pence, Pelosi, a group of senators, Schumer, etc.  At this point, security has to assume their lives are in danger and it becomes a shoot-to-kill situation like any assassination attempt
  • Options
    I'm curious about the other three deaths yesterday that were considered "medical" related.

This was tRump's Benghazi

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:

it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    And for the record - everyone should keep up the label of terrorist. Because words matter and any time a domestic white supremacy group/militia does anything it's not labelled as such. The FBI has been saying for years now that these kind of domestic groups are the greatest threat to our country - not some group in the Middle East, Africa, Indonesia, etc etc etc etc. Right here, in this country.
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    This is what is frightening about it.  It has been a moronic insurrection, but it has shaken the country to its core and exposed how vulnerable our democracy is.

The next time, the insurrection wont be as moronic. (but still will be orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits.) 
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:

Moronic insurrection, but an insurrection nonetheless. It's absolutely treason, And if they don't want it to get worse they need to drop the fucking hammer down hard.

I'm really not trying to toot my own horn, but this has all played out exactly as I thought it would - election would be tense, Trump and the Garbage Party would plant the seed that mail-in ballots are fake news, Garbage Party will take a big lead on E Day then BAM a shit ton of mail-in ballots would put Biden over the top, Trump would scream RIGGED, inflame his base, and then say "Go. You know what to do." 

And that's basically what happened. Not because they're smart, but because it's all too easy to predict because our country is so very, very dumb and Trump, his supporters, and the Garbage Party are so easy to self-project.
  • Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    And for the record - everyone should keep up the label of terrorist. Because words matter and any time a domestic white supremacy group/militia does anything it's not labelled as such. The FBI has been saying for years now that these kind of domestic groups are the greatest threat to our country - not some group in the Middle East, Africa, Indonesia, etc etc etc etc. Right here, in this country.

I just pictured countries that have the desire to undermine the USA sending young people to live in Kentucky, South Dakota, Texas, Oklahoma, and many other heehaw states.  This made me laugh...and shake my head. 
    We are a messed up place.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    When the looting starts the shooting starts. These are the same people that think this was an unjustified shooting without all of the details. The hypocrisy of this should not go unnoticed. Time will tell what was on the other side of that door and what they were protecting but even if there was no one on the other side that was "important" I still feel that play stupid games win stupid prizes is fitting. What was she thinking? What was she planning on doing? A 14 year vet should absolutely know better and to die for a celebrity apprentice host how sad is that. 
  • Options
    Scary that the US is shipping over these kind of people to muck around in other countries.
    Yes it is.  I'm sure we all know people like her.  Somehow they just get misdirected into this shit and for some reason a lot of them are military.
    One reason why Sweden have a "conscription"(?) system and not a "professional"/volunteer system like the US. 

Bad eggs always get in. But yeah.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I just pictured countries that have the desire to undermine the USA sending young people to live in Kentucky, South Dakota, Texas, Oklahoma, and many other heehaw states.  This made me laugh...and shake my head. 
    We are a messed up place.
    Yyyyyyup. But they don't need to do that. They can just sit in their homes and watch us eat ourselves. I've never been one for national pride, but whatever's left of it is pretty much done. Wife has an Irish passport, this might be the tipping point.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    When the looting starts the shooting starts. These are the same people that think this was an unjustified shooting without all of the details. The hypocrisy of this should not go unnoticed. Time will tell what was on the other side of that door and what they were protecting but even if there was no one on the other side that was "important" I still feel that play stupid games win stupid prizes is fitting. What was she thinking? What was she planning on doing? A 14 year vet should absolutely know better and to die for a celebrity apprentice host how sad is that. 
    Yeah that's the saddest part.  And today tRump is going to award the Medal of Freedom to fucking golfers while her family plans her funeral.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Right there is where the first person should have been shot - if they were black or brown they would have been.
    Happens every day.
  • Options
    I'm curious about the other three deaths yesterday that were considered "medical" related.

This was tRump's Benghazi
    I read one fell to his/her death.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.