Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    mcgruff10 said:
    wait, I thought it was antifa?!
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/derrick-evans-capitol-riots-video-235525541.html

West Virginia Delegate Derrick Evans Films Self Breaking Into Capitol With Rioters

Some people will do anything for a Presidential Medal of Freedom
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    so is Gym Jordan not getting his medal anymore? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

We have a ton we can work on.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Yesterday was the definition of insurrection and saying Trump played the fools for the fools they are is a polite way of getting around the fact that he incited what happened. 

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
    1. a violent uprising against an authority or government."

"18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

They were literally rebelling against the laws surrounding the US elections. That they were misinformed and / or delusional fools has no bearing on what transpired. 

Fair enough.   I think what I'm trying to say is the media and everyone hyping this like a terror threat should prepare for the possibility of a much worse threat.  I'm going to try to use an example here and hopefully not sound dumb.  If I poke someone with my pinky finger, technically it's still considered an 'Assault' by law.  If I violently punch someone in the face... it's also assault.  Given both actions, would they deserve the same headline:  "MAN ASSAULTED IN THE PARK YESTERDAY"  technically the headline would be true for both.. but one is obviously more serious than the other.   This is just me and my opinion obviously.. but the news headlines should read:  "MORONS HOODWINKED INTO BREACHING THE CAPITOL" 

Everything that happened yesterday clearly falls under those definitions of terrorism, insurrection, rebellion.  Hopefully people understand that this could have been a lot worse. Like... next level worse.  Making it seem like all these idiots were there to carry out a rebellion or insurrection...  that's just not what I saw.  Was it awful? Yes.  Illegal?  Yes.  Technically falls under the categories mentioned? Yes.   But to me.. they lacked an agenda, a plan, any semblance of organization.  This seemed more mob mentality than terrorism. It kind of explains.. though it still baffles me.. the lack of retaliation or enforcement. It's startling, really. 

Their agenda was to overturn the process of counting the electoral votes, so you're wrong there. That there was little to no chance of success doesn't change the fact that this was their clear and stated agenda.

Beyond that did they have a plan? No, but that doesn't mean they didn't march on and breach the Capitol with the intention of overturning the results of our election at the urging of the lame duck president. Just because they were idiots doesn't make it any less serious or treasonous, nor should it make the repercussions any less severe. 

This was the definition of insurrection. This was the definition of sedition. You can argue that it wasn't, or that you aren't convinced, or that it could have been worse, but none of that changes the fact that what transpired yesterday meets those definitions. 

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't realize it could have been worse... but that doesn't make what happened any less unacceptable. 
    Let's say you're correct and I'm wrong... which is quite possible. :)    If it's as bad as you say....  why is Trump not in custody? 
    Well, you are wrong. They marched on and breached the Capitol to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes at the incitement of the POTUS, and they were successful in disrupting the count... only temporarily, granted  but they did disrupt the count. 

Are you really refuting that this was their agenda?
    Ok.. Yes I am.  Why do I feel that way?  It's based on the videos to be honest.  That did not look to me like a calculated group of smart individuals who had a plan on what to do.  To me they were more mob than organized terrorists.  

Pure opinion here.. but I think a bunch of absolute morons who belong to a cult rallied together and cared more about the attention they were going to get than their 'cause.'  They showed up.. and I'm sure they posted to their friends and online about it (thus the amount of cameras out).  And as they marched, to the delight of Trump, everything happened out of circumstance, not plan.   My opinion sounds utterly ridiculous, because it is utterly ridiculous.  That's what I saw.  

I did not see a group of people who appeared to be in any way coordinated.  Brain washed, yes.  Deranged, yes.  Dangerous, yes.  But organized and coordinated?  No.  Not to say there aren't folks out there who aren't willing to become organized.. but that's just not what I saw... and obviously I haven't seen everything as of yet. 

I look at what you stated "They marched on and breached the Capitol."  And look.. .you're correct obviously. But was that their plan since the morning of? I don't think so... and thus.... not an agenda.  I just don't think most of those people understood and planned to breach the capitol and do what they did. I think one thing happened after another and circumstance led to opportunity and opportunity led to what they did.   I think Trump was very happy about what took place and likely wanted it to happen. But I don't think the breach was planned.  Not to say it wasn't technically insurrection, just saying it was an extremely poor one.  So poor in fact, that I believe it lacked forethought and planning.  Doesn't take away from the severity of what happened and the severe consequences that should follow. But it does shine a light I guess on how dumb those people really are. 

Is it out of this world that a bunch of people were willing to risk their lives based on agenda that had but one goal... delay a mostly ceremonial hearing for a few hours?   Perhaps I guess. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    OnWis97 said:
    i can't imagine they'll impeach or invoke the 25th. with only less than 2 weeks to go, i can't see it. 
    Probably not. Even if it was two months. You need a lot of cooperation from cabinet members (mostly temporary and sycophants) and the Senate (mostly sycophants).

That said, there's an immediate danger here. Anyone who doesn't think he'll take down what he can...well I hope they're right.

That's been his whole game for the last several weeks.  He will continue to wreck havoc for the next 13 days.  January 20th can't come soon enough.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    i can't imagine they'll impeach or invoke the 25th. with only less than 2 weeks to go, i can't see it. 
    Probably not. Even if it was two months. You need a lot of cooperation from cabinet members (mostly temporary and sycophants) and the Senate (mostly sycophants).

That said, there's an immediate danger here. Anyone who doesn't think he'll take down what he can...well I hope they're right.

That's been his whole game for the last several weeks.  He will continue to wreck havoc for the next 13 days.  January 20th can't come soon enough.
    i'm not so sure. there's no precedent for his announcement of the transition being peaceful on the 20th. I think he's terrified that he'll be removed unless he shuts the fuck up. there's really nothing he can do now, anyway. the path is set. it's over. even he has to recognize that now. 

i think he slinks back to his cave and starts planning for 2024. or getting his kids elected in two years. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:
    I get the idea of holding onto some version of hope here for your America.  The divide is quite clear, but one thing that Dems and Reps seem to always say and 'agree' on is that America is the greatest country in the world.  It's not.  You're not.  You weren't before Trump, and holy hell you really aren't today.  It might be a good start if you all stop saying that. I know some on here do.. and kudos to you. That Van Jones fellow on CNN said something last night that was interesting... 'sometimes you need a total breakdown to have a breakthrough.'  That's a good point. 

Amongst the many, many many, many problems that yesterday shined a glaring light on... I couldn't help personally thinking about the media.  CNN in particular but I imagine other outlets etc.  There is enough evidence to be able to call these people "Rebels" "Insurrectionists" "Terrorists" Ok.  I get it.    But when you look at the people who 'stormed the Capitol'   (about as easy as I 'stormed' the floor to get front row in Buffalo '13 ah thank you) ... Do educated people honestly think these folks had some sort of organized agenda?   This opinion of mine could rightly be contested but I mean come on... I'm watching a group of goofballs smash into your capitol building and if I remember correctly at least 90% of the people doing it had their phones in their hands and was filming it.  That viking looking asshole? Look if this was a rebellion, terrorist act, insurrection... they would have burned that building to the ground. And I doubt they would be posing for photos doing it.  Like, I could be wrong.. but to me it seemed like a group of jolly ole' morons at a circus show acting like grade school idiots who belong in the special class...  not terrorists.  But it makes better headlines I guess to call them that.  (shrugs) 
    it was an insurrection by the Trumps and Giuliani.  These people are just a tool for that.

And I agree we arent the greatest nation.  I think we are a great empire and have added a lot to the world both good and bad.  But when you are doing anything, the minute you start resting on the 'fact' that you are the best, you are falling behind.  In anything, you need to realize you have faults and strive for perfection.  We have had a loud contingent who just yells out how we are the best and Trump has capitalized on that and steered it toward full-on Nationalism.  

That's a great point... once you believe whole heartedly that you're the best... it limits the ceiling. 

I still have a hard time believing this was an insurrection.  I think Trump played and continues to play a bunch of fools for the fools they are. I guess alternatively, you could consider it to be the utter most moronic insurrection of all time... orchestrated by greedy cowards and carried out by half-wits. 
    Yesterday was the definition of insurrection and saying Trump played the fools for the fools they are is a polite way of getting around the fact that he incited what happened. 

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

They were literally rebelling against the laws surrounding the US elections. That they were misinformed and / or delusional fools has no bearing on what transpired. 

Fair enough.   I think what I'm trying to say is the media and everyone hyping this like a terror threat should prepare for the possibility of a much worse threat.  I'm going to try to use an example here and hopefully not sound dumb.  If I poke someone with my pinky finger, technically it's still considered an 'Assault' by law.  If I violently punch someone in the face... it's also assault.  Given both actions, would they deserve the same headline:  "MAN ASSAULTED IN THE PARK YESTERDAY"  technically the headline would be true for both.. but one is obviously more serious than the other.   This is just me and my opinion obviously.. but the news headlines should read:  "MORONS HOODWINKED INTO BREACHING THE CAPITOL" 

Everything that happened yesterday clearly falls under those definitions of terrorism, insurrection, rebellion.  Hopefully people understand that this could have been a lot worse. Like... next level worse.  Making it seem like all these idiots were there to carry out a rebellion or insurrection...  that's just not what I saw.  Was it awful? Yes.  Illegal?  Yes.  Technically falls under the categories mentioned? Yes.   But to me.. they lacked an agenda, a plan, any semblance of organization.  This seemed more mob mentality than terrorism. It kind of explains.. though it still baffles me.. the lack of retaliation or enforcement. It's startling, really. 

Their agenda was to overturn the process of counting the electoral votes, so you're wrong there. That there was little to no chance of success doesn't change the fact that this was their clear and stated agenda.

Beyond that did they have a plan? No, but that doesn't mean they didn't march on and breach the Capitol with the intention of overturning the results of our election at the urging of the lame duck president. Just because they were idiots doesn't make it any less serious or treasonous, nor should it make the repercussions any less severe. 

This was the definition of insurrection. This was the definition of sedition. You can argue that it wasn't, or that you aren't convinced, or that it could have been worse, but none of that changes the fact that what transpired yesterday meets those definitions. 

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't realize it could have been worse... but that doesn't make what happened any less unacceptable. 
    Let's say you're correct and I'm wrong... which is quite possible. :)    If it's as bad as you say....  why is Trump not in custody? 
    Well, you are wrong. They marched on and breached the Capitol to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes at the incitement of the POTUS, and they were successful in disrupting the count... only temporarily, granted  but they did disrupt the count. 

Ok.. Yes I am.  Why do I feel that way?  It's based on the videos to be honest.  That did not look to me like a calculated group of smart individuals who had a plan on what to do.  To me they were more mob than organized terrorists.  

Pure opinion here.. but I think a bunch of absolute morons who belong to a cult rallied together and cared more about the attention they were going to get than their 'cause.'  They showed up.. and I'm sure they posted to their friends and online about it (thus the amount of cameras out).  And as they marched, to the delight of Trump, everything happened out of circumstance, not plan.   My opinion sounds utterly ridiculous, because it is utterly ridiculous.  That's what I saw.  

I did not see a group of people who appeared to be in any way coordinated.  Brain washed, yes.  Deranged, yes.  Dangerous, yes.  But organized and coordinated?  No.  Not to say there aren't folks out there who aren't willing to become organized.. but that's just not what I saw... and obviously I haven't seen everything as of yet. 

I look at what you stated "They marched on and breached the Capitol."  And look.. .you're correct obviously. But was that their plan since the morning of? I don't think so... and thus.... not an agenda.  I just don't think most of those people understood and planned to breach the capitol and do what they did. I think one thing happened after another and circumstance led to opportunity and opportunity led to what they did.   I think Trump was very happy about what took place and likely wanted it to happen. But I don't think the breach was planned.  Not to say it wasn't technically insurrection, just saying it was an extremely poor one.  So poor in fact, that I believe it lacked forethought and planning.  Doesn't take away from the severity of what happened and the severe consequences that should follow. But it does shine a light I guess on how dumb those people really are. 

Is it out of this world that a bunch of people were willing to risk their lives based on agenda that had but one goal... delay a mostly ceremonial hearing for a few hours?   Perhaps I guess. 
    This whole circus just radicalized a lot of trump supporters.  I work at a plant with 5000+ employees. Much talk of the election being stolen and the takeover of our government by foreign entities and Trump just trying to save America.   All these people are of course deranged racists.  I’m willing to bet that what they saw was very inspiring to their world view and slid them that much further right.  I am definitely hearing of supporting the patriots and their revolution.  I’m thinking yesterday was the first step in someone’s plan to get those 70 million Trumpers out and ready to normalize taking over t he government and attacking libs like we’ve normalized school shootings.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,061
    Good watch of the events that unfolded yesterday. 

• Options

• Options
    Glad this guy was there, watching everyone’s back.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Glad this guy was there, watching everyone’s back.

Does the other guy have a q belt buckle? Lol
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:

i'm not so sure. there's no precedent for his announcement of the transition being peaceful on the 20th. I think he's terrified that he'll be removed unless he shuts the fuck up. there's really nothing he can do now, anyway. the path is set. it's over. even he has to recognize that now. 

i think he slinks back to his cave and starts planning for 2024. or getting his kids elected in two years. 
    Hmmm, you might be right. 
    Slinking back into his cave would be FINE by me.  Planning for 2024 is unsettling.  And the fanatics who support him will certainly not go away either.  The future is a grey and uncertain thing that can be hard to think about. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Is everyone ready to admit that this is what dwells in your trump supporting family and friends yet?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    PJNB said:

i would have been terrified if i were that guy
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    static111 said:
    Is everyone ready to admit that this is what dwells in your trump supporting family and friends yet?
    No,  you don't know how people feel.  Read Rod Dreher, Mccarthy,  Williamson and others who freely admit they voted for Trump but today say he needs to be impeached. 
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNB said:

How is Goat Boy everywhere?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:

How is Goat Boy everywhere?
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Haha, now that I think about it @Parksy, maybe ISIS or some other terror cells are the dumb ones. I bet they feel like shit and are kicking themselves not realizing all they had to do was set up a protest outside the Capitol to gain access to the sensitive insides of where our legislators operate.
    I was honestly thinking about how many bad actors are out there thinking "That's all it took to breach the Capitol!!?" 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Anyone ready to apologize to Hillary yet? If they're not "deplorables," what are they? Seeing how we've had four years to observe and witness?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:

I'm semi-close to only one person who has been a Trump supporter and I honestly don't want to know how he feels.  Maybe if he had changed his mind somewhere midway through Trump's presidency.  But he has supported Trump up through early this year and that's long enough for me not to care.  Wouldn't mind if I never saw the guy again.

I'm so glad I don't have others in my circle who support Trump.  Honestly, I would have to cut them out of my life.

• Options
    static111 said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Parksy said:

"in·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

This whole circus just radicalized a lot of trump supporters.  I work at a plant with 5000+ employees. Much talk of the election being stolen and the takeover of our government by foreign entities and Trump just trying to save America.   All these people are of course deranged racists.  I’m willing to bet that what they saw was very inspiring to their world view and slid them that much further right.  I am definitely hearing of supporting the patriots and their revolution.  I’m thinking yesterday was the first step in someone’s plan to get those 70 million Trumpers out and ready to normalize taking over t he government and attacking libs like we’ve normalized school shootings.
    I obviously hope you're wrong.. but you're correct in that this shouldn't be taken lightly and while these people were yahoos...  70+ million voted for him.  Could be dangerous times ahead.  I hope not though.   Very good points. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2021
    Elaine Chao resigned as Secretary of Transportation. I suspect so she doesn’t have to make a decision on the 25th amendment so Moscow Mitch can remain tight with the Q wing of the party.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Elaine Chao resigned as Secretary of Transportation. I suspect so she doesn’t have to make a decision on the 25th amendment so Moscow Mitch can remain tight with the Q wing of the party.
    That's what I thought about when hearing she resigned.  No 25th
  • Options
    trump gave out two more medals of freedom today. one to gary player, who used to be a proponent of african apartheid. 

shocker. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    trump gave out two more medals of freedom today. one to gary player, who used to be a proponent of african apartheid. 

shocker. 
    Was he really? I didn't realize that.  What about Els?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I agree....but now there is less people who would have to make a decision though, right? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat Pat riots.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KBcxN9XXDBEqD9TT8

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden going all in I love it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I agree....but now there is less people who would have to make a decision though, right? 
    Well that's an interesting question.  There will an acting tran sec'y, but since the person won't be senate confirmed would they be able to vote on the 25th?  No clue.  
This discussion has been closed.