Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification... I'm all for women marching in support of anti-materialization and what not...I'm not in support of a pro-abortion march being sold as a women's rights march... seems a little oppressive those women that morally object to abortions...

They're marching in support of women making reproductive decisions for themselves rather than having old men make those decisions for them. Freedom and self-determination. And that wasn't the only reason they marched. That was just one aspect that you are focused on. Here is the list: https://www.womensmarch.com/principles/
    So it was not a "Women's Rights" march...it was a "pro-choice" march hidden behind a "woman's rights" flag. Why were women that are pro life, yet against the sexual objectification of women turned away??? Is that not just objectification in a different form? Seems like the statement to a large portion was "if you are pro life, you are not invited to the women's club".
    Point to me where they were turned away?
    Here is a good write up of the point I'm trying to convey.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/12471/womens-march-washington-excludes-pro-life-hank-berrien
    That article is from before the march and is addressing that they didn't allow an organization to be a partner because they were pro-life. Considering they were focused on women having a right to choose as part of their platform, they wouldn't have a group pro-life sponsoring them. Pretty sure the American Cancer Society doesn't allow big tobacco to sponsor or partner in events, but they won't turn away those in that group if they show up to an event. Big difference. No marchers were turned away for their beliefs.
    They may not have been physically turned away, but most definitely was a tone that the march was not for pro-life women.
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification... I'm all for women marching in support of anti-materialization and what not...I'm not in support of a pro-abortion march being sold as a women's rights march... seems a little oppressive those women that morally object to abortions...

They're marching in support of women making reproductive decisions for themselves rather than having old men make those decisions for them. Freedom and self-determination. And that wasn't the only reason they marched. That was just one aspect that you are focused on. Here is the list: https://www.womensmarch.com/principles/
    So it was not a "Women's Rights" march...it was a "pro-choice" march hidden behind a "woman's rights" flag. Why were women that are pro life, yet against the sexual objectification of women turned away??? Is that not just objectification in a different form? Seems like the statement to a large portion was "if you are pro life, you are not invited to the women's club".
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/12471/womens-march-washington-excludes-pro-life-hank-berrien
    That article is from before the march and is addressing that they didn't allow an organization to be a partner because they were pro-life. Considering they were focused on women having a right to choose as part of their platform, they wouldn't have a group pro-life sponsoring them. Pretty sure the American Cancer Society doesn't allow big tobacco to sponsor or partner in events, but they won't turn away those in that group if they show up to an event. Big difference. No marchers were turned away for their beliefs.
    They may not have been physically turned away, but most definitely was a tone that the march was not for pro-life women.
    Let's just label it a different way: The march was not for anti-choice people. Boom.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

well of course. the march was for a woman to be in control of her own body/choices. pro lifers want that taken away.

add to that we have a sexual predator as POTUS. hence all the pink p**** hats.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

That, I could see. It definitely could have been a key issue that some could not reconcile to involve themselves in the march. Does anyone ever truly identify/agree with every single platform piece a group, organization, political party, etc. sets as their key stances? No, unless one point of view is inherently by nature wrong on every level no matter the circumstance (i.e. sexual assault, child abuse, etc.). Ultimately each person will have to choose if they agree with the group as a whole because the overall actions and message is one that promotes a better way of life for all people. If a pro-life person felt like they would be compromising their stance by being involved in a march that aims to keep choice in the hands of each individual, then that is the issue they have chosen as the cornerstone for their involvement in any future movements. There are people who solely vote for a candidate based on their abortion stance because of this type of belief. I don't think this is a topic you will persuade someone to think otherwise.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2017

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

Let's just label it a different way: The march was not for anti-choice people. Boom.
    Exactly...I guess it just had a bad name. I would rather see a women's rights movement that invites all women with all stances in an act of feministic solidarity. It's unfortunate that this was not that. Might have had even larger if a turnout/message being sent.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

And look at how proud all of those traditional valued white men are for this great moment. It's pathetic. Basically what it equates to is; if a man ejaculates in you it's his right to say whether you get to carry his child. So sick. None of this prevents abortions from happening, it just makes them more dangerous and unsafe.
    I don't think that at all. I just don't want to subsidize it.
    unsung said:

tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

And look at how proud all of those traditional valued white men are for this great moment. It's pathetic. Basically what it equates to is; if a man ejaculates in you it's his right to say whether you get to carry his child. So sick. None of this prevents abortions from happening, it just makes them more dangerous and unsafe.
    I don't think that at all. I just don't want to subsidize it.
    it is a known fact that fewer abortions occur when planned parenthood and other agencies are there to do their job. and of those abortions, they are done safely. without those agencies, abortions go up, and maternal deaths here and around the world increase exponentially.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Well I have a issue with subsidizing foreign women, I didn't even know that was happening. But I'd end all foreign aid.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    edited January 2017
    This march was created in response to the November elections. Obviously, many people throughout the world are concerned about how the US will act with Trump as President. Pictures from many sister marches are available as well as Myanmar (solidarity picnic as they are not allowed to march), Kenya, Oslo, Malawi, and many more.

When I marched I marched for women's rights, but women's rights are human rights. A man at the march started a cheer to support Black Lives Matter. It made sense for me to chant with him. There was a chant by a man for the US to welcome immigrants. It made sense for me to chant with him as well. Anyone who chanted to support a person's life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness I chanted with them as that is supporting human rights and US basic rights.

I attended a teach-in the day before. The panelists noted that a women’s rights march comes from many different angles as there are millions of women.

I acknowledge that this exercise of the first amendment rights could reflect different goals of the participants, but with the same expression of citizen engagement most likely to support women's rights.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Liberalize laws, fund planned parenthood, roe v wade, trust women with reproductive decisions and look what happens. Oh the horror!

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

Exactly...I guess it just had a bad name. I would rather see a women's rights movement that invites all women with all stances in an act of feministic solidarity. It's unfortunate that this was not that. Might have had even larger if a turnout/message being sent.
    I saw the march as absolutely an act of solidarity. You seemed focused on the new conservative trend: trying to use bad logic in an attempt to catch liberals being hypocritical, but then failing, rather than focus on what's going on with trump and his administration.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

I saw the march as absolutely an act of solidarity.
    So did I and I was proud to walk with my wife and around 75-100K* others that felt the same way.

*note: numbers are not exact as the parks department didn't track actual numbers. period.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Ms. Haiku said:

This march was created in response to the November elections. Obviously, many people throughout the world are concerned about how the US will act with Trump as President. Pictures from many sister marches are available as well as Myanmar (solidarity picnic as they are not allowed to march), Kenya, Oslo, Malawi, and many more.

When I marched I marched for women's rights, but women's rights are human rights. A man at the march started a cheer to support Black Lives Matter. It made sense for me to chant with him. There was a chant by a man for the US to welcome immigrants. It made sense for me to chant with him as well. Anyone who chanted to support a person's life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness I chanted with them as that is supporting human rights and US basic rights.

I attended a teach-in the day before. The panelists noted that a women’s rights march comes from many different angles as there are millions of women.

I acknowledge that this exercise of the first amendment rights could reflect different goals of the participants, but with the same expression of citizen engagement most likely to support women's rights.

Thank you, Ms. Haiku. You said that much better than I could have.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    It's weird how the ones here who are bewildered by this march are Men as if you guys have any say in any matters that concern a women's own body !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited January 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

I saw the march as absolutely an act of solidarity. You seemed focused on the new conservative trend: trying to use bad logic in an attempt to catch liberals being hypocritical, but then failing, rather than focus on what's going on with trump and his administration.
    An act of solidarity for women that are pro choice and do not vote republican not an act of solidarity for all women. How would this be any different than a pro-life group of women starting a "Women's Rights" march and saying "but if you are okay with abortions you are not invited". Way to generalize conservatives and also women for that matter...I thought you were above that nonsense.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218

It's weird how the ones here who are bewildered by this march are Men as if you guys have any say in any matters that concern a women's own body !

It seems to be those same men that act as if there were no men in the marches either..

It seems to be those same men that act as if there were no men in the marches either..
    Exactly !
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

An act of solidarity for women that are pro choice and do not vote republican not an act of solidarity for all women. How would this be any different than a pro-life group of women starting a "Women's Rights" march and saying "but if you are okay with abortions you are not invited". Way to generalize conservatives and also women for that matter...I thought you were above that nonsense.
    The fact of the matter is that you are bothered by the fact that over 1million again let me say 1million people not just women , families marched ...
    Against Bafoon against Bafoon policy and no one is marching on your behalf !
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

I'm not generalizing anyone. I'm not sure where you're getting that. I believe anyone who wanted to could've gone to the march. You're really having an hard time moving on from this.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    No, it was not a "pro-abortion" march -- or a pro-choice march. Planned Parenthood was a sponsor, yes. So was the ACLU. So was 350.org.

Yes, there were plenty of pro-choice women (I don't know anyone who is "pro-abortion;" I wonder if that term ever is used by a woman who has been pregnant). But women's issues go well beyond the right to choose. Many of us were spurred into action by the "pussy grabbing" tape. On a fundamental level, we would like to be treated as fully-realized humans, not as objects or property. We would like equal pay for equal work. We would like to be judged on our achievements, not on our appearance. But marchers around me carried signs for the BLM movement, environmental issues, concern about Russia's role in the election, and LGBTQ+ rights. My computer now sports a "Make America Gay Again" sticker courtesy of another marcher.

The key word here is "intersectionality." People were united by their collective concerns about how policies implemented by the new administration might affect them, their loved ones, and the planet.

And, yes, I read stories about how pro-life feminists felt unwelcome at the march. I would like to think that we all can respect the fact that being pro-life is a choice in itself. If Planned Parenthood leaders told pro-life groups that they were not welcome, I feel that was the wrong decision to make.

But abortion is such a hot-button issue that it obfuscates or diverts attention from the more general issue of a woman's right to have access to healthcare and to have autonomous control of her own body. Planned Parenthood offers a lot more than abortions. However you feel about abortion, making it the focus of one's energy and attention instead of, oh, making sure that everyone has access to basic healthcare, sex education, and contraceptives, thereby lowering the number of unplanned and high-risk pregnancies, just doesn't make sense to me. If you want to eliminate abortions, why not work to eliminate the need for them?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

an act of solidarity for women and all people who are for women's right to govern her own body. if you don't agree with what a protest is about, don't attend. it's that simple. that's not being excluded. that's excluding yourself because of your beliefs.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No, it was not a "pro-abortion" march -- or a pro-choice march. Planned Parenthood was a sponsor, yes. So was the ACLU. So was 350.org.

Yes, there were plenty of pro-choice women (I don't know anyone who is "pro-abortion;" I wonder if that term ever is used by a woman who has been pregnant). But women's issues go well beyond the right to choose. Many of us were spurred into action by the "pussy grabbing" tape. On a fundamental level, we would like to be treated as fully-realized humans, not as objects or property. We would like equal pay for equal work. We would like to be judged on our achievements, not on our appearance. But marchers around me carried signs for the BLM movement, environmental issues, concern about Russia's role in the election, and LGBTQ+ rights. My computer now sports a "Make America Gay Again" sticker courtesy of another marcher.

The key word here is "intersectionality." People were united by their collective concerns about how policies implemented by the new administration might affect them, their loved ones, and the planet.

And, yes, I read stories about how pro-life feminists felt unwelcome at the march. I would like to think that we all can respect the fact that being pro-life is a choice in itself. If Planned Parenthood leaders told pro-life groups that they were not welcome, I feel that was the wrong decision to make.

But abortion is such a hot-button issue that it obfuscates or diverts attention from the more general issue of a woman's right to have access to healthcare and to have autonomous control of her own body. Planned Parenthood offers a lot more than abortions. However you feel about abortion, making it the focus of one's energy and attention instead of, oh, making sure that everyone has access to basic healthcare, sex education, and contraceptives, thereby lowering the number of unplanned and high-risk pregnancies, just doesn't make sense to me. If you want to eliminate abortions, why not work to eliminate the need for them?

You are the first person here to actually spell this out eloquently and participate with a non-assumption filled message. And that is what is lacking these days. I stated no stance on any of the issues, but only offered an outsider's perspective on the march for debate purposes. I agree with everything you said and you actually reaffirmed my point that all of these other women's rights issues were overshadowed by the abortion issue. Again, my perspective was that of irony in that there was this great march with a million people participating to send a message as to how women should not be marginalized based on their reproductive organs and the focus on reproductive organs overshadowed all of the other women's rights issues. I don't know if people were trying to offend people into believing the way that they do or what, but it does not seem like the message was very clearly conveyed to those that need it conveyed to them. The end all message was "we are a bunch of liberal women and we do not like trump". That's probably because the media chose to focus on that, but once again we have some loudmouth celebrities trying to speak for a large group of people that do not fully align with their beliefs. Anyways, once again, thanks for the respectful comment and I think I'm pretty much done throwing gasoline on this fire :)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    so if you're pro choice but anti government funding of abortions, do you march or just watch on TV???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:

so if you're pro choice but anti government funding of abortions, do you march or just watch on TV???

You have Madonna suck all of that anti-government stuff out.
    PP193448 said:

First you come to terms with the fact that you live in a democracy and your tax dollars don't always get spent in a way that aligns with your belief system. Then you go from there.
  • tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

The right not to have their pussies grabbed without permission.
    If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

This is a great point. Well said
    Ok, so if that's the case

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^
    You had no idea that Madonna was going to be part of the march?

Celebrities weren't the reason I went. I remembered that Katy Perry was going.
    What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    What part don't you get that President Trump won with those numbers?
    Trolling prettyl hardcore today PJfan. Don't let the karma bite you back.
    That was very fox newish with the way you quoted me to fit your purpose.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    Why is it trolling to question what is going on and to give your opinion.
    Because his opinion is wrong time and time again. But you're drunk on kool aid so you defend him of course.
    I did have a couple of drinks last night but not kool aid. I only drink Eddie kool aid. I don't know who that is or care. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying everyone has a right to their opinion and it's not wrong just because it doesn't match yours. it's an opinion. For me I believe trolling is when someone pops in and makes personal attacks on someone or some groups etc.
    This didn't come out sounding how I meant it. It sounded mean. I read a lot of the posts and it seemed like they were more asking questions. I don't know who pjfan is but they have a right to their opinion just as you do. They aren't wrong just because they don't agree with you. That's their belief they have a right to just as you have a right to yours. otherwise, we might be living like the radicals are living, killing one another and the innocent people who don't believe as they believe. I am pro life. I believe that people should use birth control but not use abortions as a form a birth control. If the Mothers life is truly in danger then that would be up to the mother and doctors to decide what happens. I think its great that people came together to march but maybe it would have been better to wait and see what happens. The people that were demonstrating, breaking windows and vandalizing on the day of the inauguration are only harming their cause. I listened to Trumps full speech today. It sounded promising, although they all sound promising. We'll see.
    What was promising? To me it was fear based, nationalistic, and divisive. And aren't you anti-abortion, instead of pro-life?
    It didn't sound fear based or divisive. He wants to bring us all together. I think our country should take care of our country as other countries take care of their countries. Should we help other countries only and let our country continue to decline? He talked about putting people to work so they aren't on welfare which I'm sure will be a great thing for those people. They will start feeling better about themselves. I hope he builds rail lines across this country which create jobs for people. Look at Europe and how much better their transportation is than ours. We are America. We should be by far ahead.
    How is our country in decline?
    I'll just say I could go on and on..because there is no way you can't see that.

I'm anti abortion not anti birth control. If a pregnancy can be stopped before it begins, I'm all for it.

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    Because his opinion is wrong time and time again. But you're drunk on kool aid so you defend him of course.
    I did have a couple of drinks last night but not kool aid. I only drink Eddie kool aid. I don't know who that is or care. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying everyone has a right to their opinion and it's not wrong just because it doesn't match yours. it's an opinion. For me I believe trolling is when someone pops in and makes personal attacks on someone or some groups etc.
    This didn't come out sounding how I meant it. It sounded mean. I read a lot of the posts and it seemed like they were more asking questions. I don't know who pjfan is but they have a right to their opinion just as you do. They aren't wrong just because they don't agree with you. That's their belief they have a right to just as you have a right to yours. otherwise, we might be living like the radicals are living, killing one another and the innocent people who don't believe as they believe. I am pro life. I believe that people should use birth control but not use abortions as a form a birth control. If the Mothers life is truly in danger then that would be up to the mother and doctors to decide what happens. I think its great that people came together to march but maybe it would have been better to wait and see what happens. The people that were demonstrating, breaking windows and vandalizing on the day of the inauguration are only harming their cause. I listened to Trumps full speech today. It sounded promising, although they all sound promising. We'll see.
    What was promising? To me it was fear based, nationalistic, and divisive. And aren't you anti-abortion, instead of pro-life?
    It didn't sound fear based or divisive. He wants to bring us all together. I think our country should take care of our country as other countries take care of their countries. Should we help other countries only and let our country continue to decline? He talked about putting people to work so they aren't on welfare which I'm sure will be a great thing for those people. They will start feeling better about themselves. I hope he builds rail lines across this country which create jobs for people. Look at Europe and how much better their transportation is than ours. We are America. We should be by far ahead.

I'm anti abortion not anti birth control. If a pregnancy can be stopped before it begins, I'm all for it.

Nearly all indicators suggest we're in the opposite of decline. But maybe there's something I'm missing. Could you list like five facts that suggest we're in decline?
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.

Could you humour us and go on and on a little bit? I can see that the country's in decline but I get the feeling what you deem as the solution to the decline is what many here believe are the reasons for it. I'd be curious to hear what you find problematic.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.

Nearly all indicators suggest we're in the opposite of decline. But maybe there's something I'm missing. Could you list like five facts that suggest we're in decline?
    Our jobs have been give to other countries. Please don't say unemployment is lower. bs. People stopped looking and collect welfare

Our military is being cut back on. You think Iran would have seized that ship and held those soldiers before. I'm all for no more war but we need to make sure that other countries know they better not fuck with us.

Children in this country going without food. Families who can't afford to feed their children because they are trying to at least keep a roof over their heads. Some kids only get to eat when they are in school. That's a sad situation for this country.

People cant afford to buy houses anymore.

The drugs in this country have destroyed families. People bitch because they want to drug test welfare and food stamp recipients but they don't think about the children who aren't getting the help because their drug addict parents are selling their food stamps and using their welfare money for drugs. Why are f'cking drug dealers getting pardoned from prison when they should be serving life sentences or being executed for murder. It may not be immediate but it's for sure murders people eventually.

I have never seen so much disrespect for military and police as I have in recent years. Are there some bad cops sure but most are good people doing a job that deserves a lot of respect.
    It makes me sick to see thugs glorified and felt sorry for when they were committing crimes and got what they deserved.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    PJPOWER said:

Here is a video of Catholic Sisters at the Women's March. It doesn't look like they felt unwelcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dRQ4VCPlY
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird