Options

1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Comments

• Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Let's call this march what it is, anti-trump.

Some really stupid signs on par with the "get a brain morans" sign. One person said she wished she had the same rights as a gun. Oh, so you want to be banned from airports, schools, govt buildings, taken in public without a permit, etc. Just funny stuff.

I loved that sign. I thought t was actually 'grab a brain morans' .

Was that you in that picture? With the USA bandana?
    Really? That's the best you can do?
    I was just messing with you asking if it was you.

I did like that image though. The classic hillbilly backwater bumf**k shitkicker being political lol!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

Some really stupid signs on par with the "get a brain morans" sign. One person said she wished she had the same rights as a gun. Oh, so you want to be banned from airports, schools, govt buildings, taken in public without a permit, etc. Just funny stuff.

I did like that image though. The classic hillbilly backwater bumf**k shitkicker being political lol!
    It was stupid, no more so than some viewed from yesterday.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

It was stupid, no more so than some viewed from yesterday.
    I heard what you were saying. I'm just saying I thought that sign coupled beautifully with the holder of it was a sheer classic!
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It was funny.
  • Options
    benjs said:

Try as I might,
    I just can't think of any public space I could say "F, you, s.$k a d, and I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the whitehouse" without being arrested or detained.
    Can anyone?

I guess she was just tired of being politically correct - what's the problem? After all, Trump could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters, when he's done grabbing women by the pussy. The fact that the nobility and decorum of Donald Trump and Madonna are comparable speaks volumes.
    To add to my comment.
    Can you please quote word for word on this forum in writing what Madonna said at this grand march please?
    And all others reading this, please quote word for word what Madonna said.
    Does it make you feel like you shouldn't? Why?
    Perhaps if you donned a p hat it would be alright to say.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    It's pretty funny that Madonna still has people clutching their pearls.
  • Options
    unsung said:

It was funny.

For sure. Gotta love the moron getting ticked off with morans that have no brains (there was a random capital letter in there too).

Freaking morans.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:

Enkidu said:
    LOL, snopes. Funded by soros and addicted to hookers.
    what's wrong with that???? I just got in from last night...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited January 2017

benjs said:

Try as I might,
    I just can't think of any public space I could say "F, you, s.$k a d, and I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the whitehouse" without being arrested or detained.
    Can anyone?

I guess she was just tired of being politically correct - what's the problem? After all, Trump could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters, when he's done grabbing women by the pussy. The fact that the nobility and decorum of Donald Trump and Madonna are comparable speaks volumes.
    To add to my comment.
    Can you please quote word for word on this forum in writing what Madonna said at this grand march please?
    I'm not your research assistant. If you have such a bone to pick with Madonna, and by extension the March, then you do the work, you present the full quote. Everything I've read has shown her words to be extreme and controversial (aka, typically Madonna) but no more than anything else she says and does. Once again, why you think I'm going to hold Madonna to the same standards as the President of the United States is beyond me. I wouldn't even hold a musician who has a respectable public image like Eddie Vedder to the same standards.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    edited January 2017

Indivisibleguide.com is an excellent resource that popped up after the election.

Got it!

It looks like I'm already a part of the group nearest to me. Yay!

Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    unsung said:

Good. Call it that. Tell me do you actually like trump and the people he's appointed this far?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Try as I might,
    Can anyone?

To add to my comment.
    I'm not your research assistant. If you have such a bone to pick with Madonna, and by extension the March, then you do the work, you present the full quote. Everything I've read has shown her words to be extreme and controversial (aka, typically Madonna) but no more than anything else she says and does. Once again, why you think I'm going to hold Madonna to the same standards as the President of the United States is beyond me. I wouldn't even hold a musician who has a respectable public image like Eddie Vedder to the same standards.
    Well Ted Nugent was visited by the secret service for saying much less than the material girl. Wonder if she'll get questioned.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

unsung said:

Good. Call it that. Tell me do you actually like trump and the people he's appointed this far?
    I prefer to eliminate most cabinet positions, but his picks are much better than the crap we've had for about thirty years.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017
    So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification... I'm all for women marching in support of anti-materialization and what not...I'm not in support of a pro-abortion march being sold as a women's rights march... seems a little oppressive those women that morally object to abortions...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification...

The purpose of the march has been explained very well in this thread. Read it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    PJPOWER said:

So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification... I'm all for women marching in support if anti-materialization and what not...I'm not in support of a pro-abortion march being sold as a women's rights march... seems a little oppressive those women that morally object to abortions...

If you don't know by now I'd say you're not ever going to get their message , my wife marched to represent our Daughter's rights as a woman to not impose their will on her decisions about her body in other words Bafoon fuck off !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJPOWER said:

So was this a woman's march or a pro-abortion march? I know many woman that believe abortion is morally wrong. Just seeking clarification... I'm all for women marching in support of anti-materialization and what not...I'm not in support of a pro-abortion march being sold as a women's rights march... seems a little oppressive those women that morally object to abortions...

They're marching in support of women making reproductive decisions for themselves rather than having old men make those decisions for them. Freedom and self-determination. And that wasn't the only reason they marched. That was just one aspect that you are focused on. Here is the list: https://www.womensmarch.com/principles/
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    PJPOWER said:

As has been stated in the past and most recently in another thread on here.... no one is "pro-abortion".
    What they are is pro-choice
    What they are is about letting a woman decide what is right for her and her body.
    It's not about letting a man or a church or a government make that decision.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

They're marching in support of women making reproductive decisions for themselves rather than having old men make those decisions for them. Freedom and self-determination. And that wasn't the only reason they marched. That was just one aspect that you are focused on. Here is the list: https://www.womensmarch.com/principles/
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

As has been stated in the past and most recently in another thread on here.... no one is "pro-abortion".
    What they are is about letting a woman decide what is right for her and her body.
    Sure, I'm fine with a pro-choice march. But many many women are not pro choice. Why label it a women rights march when it is a pro-choice march? Or why shun those women that are pro-life from going to a women's rights march? Seems a little oppressive to a large group of women that believe abortion is morally wrong, right?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Sure, I'm fine with a pro-choice march. But many many women are not pro choice. Why label it a women rights march when it is a pro-choice march? Or why shun those women that are pro-life from going to a women's rights march? Seems a little oppressive to a large group of women that believe abortion is morally wrong, right?
    Nobody said those women had to have an abortion so I don't see how they are being oppressed.

Now the women saying that other women cannot do what they want with their bodies, they are the ones being oppressive. Get it?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

So it was not a "Women's Rights" march...it was a "pro-choice" march hidden behind a "woman's rights" flag. Why were women that are pro life, yet against the sexual objectification of women turned away??? Is that not just objectification in a different form? Seems like the statement to a large portion was "if you are pro life, you are not invited to the women's club".
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

So it was not a "Women's Rights" march...it was a "pro-choice" march hidden behind a "woman's rights" flag. Why were women that are pro life, yet against the sexual objectification of women turned away??? Is that not just objectification in a different form? Seems like the statement to a large portion was "if you are pro life, you are not invited to the women's club".
    Point to me where they were turned away?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Republicans are obsessed with the abortion issue and planned parenthood. Interesting thou they are completely okay with murdering middle eastern'ers.

Trump made it pretty clear during the campaign that he will appoint "pro life" supreme justices and plans on cutting federal funding to organizations that perform abortions.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

And look at how proud all of those traditional valued white men are for this great moment. It's pathetic. Basically what it equates to is; if a man ejaculates in you it's his right to say whether you get to carry his child. So sick. None of this prevents abortions from happening, it just makes them more dangerous and unsafe.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

So you're saying that there was some sort of beliefs test before people were allowed to march? Hmmm. Seems we would have heard about that from at least some of the many people on here who attended if that were true.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

Here is a good write up of the point I'm trying to convey.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/12471/womens-march-washington-excludes-pro-life-hank-berrien
    Or this random write up
    https://www.layman.org/pcusa-church-will-participate-womens-march-pro-lifers-uninvited/
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12471/womens-march-washington-excludes-pro-life-hank-berrien
    That article is from before the march and is addressing that they didn't allow an organization to be a partner because they were pro-life. Considering they were focused on women having a right to choose as part of their platform, they wouldn't have a group pro-life sponsoring them. Pretty sure the American Cancer Society doesn't allow big tobacco to sponsor or partner in events, but they won't turn away those in that group if they show up to an event. Big difference. No marchers were turned away for their beliefs.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

Or this random write up
    https://www.layman.org/pcusa-church-will-participate-womens-march-pro-lifers-uninvited/
    From that article

"Some pro-life groups will protest the women’s march because it is co-sponsored by groups such as Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America."

So the people that wanted to supposedly be involved in the march were protesting the march. I'm feeling a lot of made up false outrage here.

It was a women's RIGHTS march. Not a take away women's rights march.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

That article is from before the march and is addressing that they didn't allow an organization to be a partner because they were pro-life. Considering they were focused on women having a right to choose as part of their platform, they wouldn't have a group pro-life sponsoring them. Pretty sure the American Cancer Society doesn't allow big tobacco to sponsor or partner in events, but they won't turn away those in that group if they show up to an event. Big difference. No marchers were turned away for their beliefs.
    Yes, exactly.

And considering that the linked article describes them as "kicked out", which is untrue, and links to another article describing Planned Parenthood as "virulently pro-abortion", it's clear they have their own agenda here.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf