Options

1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

Protests are a cornerstone of our democracy. So glad this happened. #dumptrump

What do you think of the p hats?
    How do you feel about grabbing a woman's vagina against her will?

Oh right, your more offended by a woman who wears a pink hat with cat ears. Find another thread to troll.
    No, I'm more offended that the protest tolerated this from Madonna.
    http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/madonna-tells-donald-trump-to-suck-a-dick-at-dc-womens-march-news.27797.html?
    The protest meant and did nothing.
    You didn't answer the question.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077

I don't care about a p hat or a band name like Thunderpussy. What I care about and am pissed off about is someone that brags about sexual assault
  • Options
    ^^^
    To answer your question, I feel it would be a disgusting thing to do and no human should do it.
    I am not about to wear a p hat to show my disdain for it though.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

The right not to have their pussies grabbed without permission.
    If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

This is a great point. Well said
    Ok, so if that's the case

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^
    You had no idea that Madonna was going to be part of the march?

Celebrities weren't the reason I went. I remembered that Katy Perry was going.
    What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    What part don't you get that President Trump won with those numbers?
    Trolling prettyl hardcore today PJfan. Don't let the karma bite you back.
    That was very fox newish with the way you quoted me to fit your purpose.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    Why is it trolling to question what is going on and to give your opinion.
    Because his opinion is wrong time and time again. But you're drunk on kool aid so you defend him of course.
    I did have a couple of drinks last night but not kool aid. I only drink Eddie kool aid. I don't know who that is or care. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying everyone has a right to their opinion and it's not wrong just because it doesn't match yours. it's an opinion. For me I believe trolling is when someone pops in and makes personal attacks on someone or some groups etc.
    This didn't come out sounding how I meant it. It sounded mean. I read a lot of the posts and it seemed like they were more asking questions. I don't know who pjfan is but they have a right to their opinion just as you do. They aren't wrong just because they don't agree with you. That's their belief they have a right to just as you have a right to yours. otherwise, we might be living like the radicals are living, killing one another and the innocent people who don't believe as they believe. I am pro life. I believe that people should use birth control but not use abortions as a form a birth control. If the Mothers life is truly in danger then that would be up to the mother and doctors to decide what happens. I think its great that people came together to march but maybe it would have been better to wait and see what happens. The people that were demonstrating, breaking windows and vandalizing on the day of the inauguration are only harming their cause. I listened to Trumps full speech today. It sounded promising, although they all sound promising. We'll see.
    What was promising? To me it was fear based, nationalistic, and divisive. And aren't you anti-abortion, instead of pro-life?
  • Options
    benjs said:

So near as I can tell this march is finished now.
    What has changed?

Ok, so the march is over now. What has changed besides the memory of Madonna saying “To our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything, f--- you! F--- you! It is the beginning of much-needed change.”?

Pjfan, do you feel that every successful protest in history led to immediate results? Was it right after approaching tanks with flowers that the Vietnam war was halted? Do you think the apartheid era was finished after one protest? It's incredibly shortsighted of you to anticipate that people stop marching, go home, mission accomplished.

These marches had predominantly a social message, to be used to prevent anticipated human rights abandonments. The message was - if our human rights are threatened (future tense), we are and will remain engaged citizens who will not allow this silently, and will fight the presence of divisive messages with ones of unity to apply pressure to force deviations in political directions. The social act was to re-teach the populace the act of peaceful and organized protest, and given the scope of this protest (which is fairly unprecedented in recent American history), this protest has potential to be a success if subsequent engagement and proper protest increases. Of course, as one of many things which could raise subsequent civilian engagement and protest efforts, direct correlation is almost impossible, but once again, with as many attendees who formerly did not put in effort to protest (case in point - it was unprecedented in scale), the likelihood is in favour of an impactful event.
    To your first question.
    No.
    Your second.
    Yes.
    Your third.
    Pending.

To your reasoning as why this march happened, this did not manifest via media.
    This "historical march" isn't even being given a second look today.
    It did nothing.
  • Options

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    Because his opinion is wrong time and time again. But you're drunk on kool aid so you defend him of course.
    I did have a couple of drinks last night but not kool aid. I only drink Eddie kool aid. I don't know who that is or care. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying everyone has a right to their opinion and it's not wrong just because it doesn't match yours. it's an opinion. For me I believe trolling is when someone pops in and makes personal attacks on someone or some groups etc.
    This didn't come out sounding how I meant it. It sounded mean. I read a lot of the posts and it seemed like they were more asking questions. I don't know who pjfan is but they have a right to their opinion just as you do. They aren't wrong just because they don't agree with you. That's their belief they have a right to just as you have a right to yours. otherwise, we might be living like the radicals are living, killing one another and the innocent people who don't believe as they believe. I am pro life. I believe that people should use birth control but not use abortions as a form a birth control. If the Mothers life is truly in danger then that would be up to the mother and doctors to decide what happens. I think its great that people came together to march but maybe it would have been better to wait and see what happens. The people that were demonstrating, breaking windows and vandalizing on the day of the inauguration are only harming their cause. I listened to Trumps full speech today. It sounded promising, although they all sound promising. We'll see.
    What was promising? To me it was fear based, nationalistic, and divisive. And aren't you anti-abortion, instead of pro-life?
    It didn't sound fear based or divisive. He wants to bring us all together. I think our country should take care of our country as other countries take care of their countries. Should we help other countries only and let our country continue to decline? He talked about putting people to work so they aren't on welfare which I'm sure will be a great thing for those people. They will start feeling better about themselves. I hope he builds rail lines across this country which create jobs for people. Look at Europe and how much better their transportation is than ours. We are America. We should be by far ahead.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    edited January 2017

dignin said:

Oh right, your more offended by a woman who wears a pink hat with cat ears. Find another thread to troll.
    http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/madonna-tells-donald-trump-to-suck-a-dick-at-dc-womens-march-news.27797.html?
    Look back on history and you will see one protest doesn't mean shit (civil rights, Vietnam, etc). However the message from yesterday was heard and hopefully these same non violent protests regarding women's rights will reoccur in a timely manner.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017

I think they would be a great addition to any lingerie...I think more women should wear "p hats". But, that's just the chauvinistic pig in me talking.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    It didn't sound fear based or divisive. He wants to bring us all together. I think our country should take care of our country as other countries take care of their countries. Should we help other countries only and let our country continue to decline? He talked about putting people to work so they aren't on welfare which I'm sure will be a great thing for those people. They will start feeling better about themselves. I hope he builds rail lines across this country which create jobs for people. Look at Europe and how much better their transportation is than ours. We are America. We should be by far ahead.
    How is our country in decline?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Actually,
    Does anyone on this thread have an opinion on the p hats?

Kellyanne taught you well. Lay off the Alternative Fact kool aid, troll.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,265
    My husband and I went to the San Diego march. Over 40,000 people were there, felt to us like closer to 50,000. It was a diverse crowd, all genders, all ages, all colors, all sexual preferences. No, there was no violence -- this was a family march as much as anything. There were multi-generational groups of women, parents with babies in strollers and backpacks. People were pretty chill, really.

"Why didn't these people vote?" Um, we did. I did. My husband did. Every woman -- and every man -- I know did. Let's not forget that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a margin of 2.9 million.

"What are we hoping to accomplish?" Big things, small things. First of all, for many people, it helps to know that they are not alone. Beyond that, the behavior that the newest occupant of the White House displayed while campaigning and encouraged in others left members of many groups -- women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people of color, non-Christians, people with disabilities -- feeling threatened and afraid. Most posters here are male, and I don't know how to convey to you what it feels like from a woman's perspective. But, I am strong, athletic, and larger than the average American male, and I have had to work hard over the last two months to not view every male I meet as a potential threat; snide jokes about safe spaces aside, the new president's behavior on the campaign trail was deeply unnerving and triggering for women who have been assaulted (and that's a lot of women). Joining a large group of people with similar values and concerns made me feel less vulnerable and less isolated. Perhaps that's an illusion of safety; perhaps my anxieties are illusions of danger. But addressing my fears and anxieties in a positive, productive way is important to me, important for my physical and emotional well-being. I have to think that those who are more vulnerable than I am also gained some strength from the supportive, sympathetic crowds.

"What happens when the march is over?" Probably what has been happening since November 9th, actually. People -- women -- have been mobilizing. Different people are taking action in different ways. Some are getting involved in politics; some are writing letters and badgering members of Congress; some are taking steps to be more visible allies to vulnerable populations; some are engaging more with causes that are important to them; others are giving more to charity, volunteering more, unfucking the world one person at a time. Just because we aren't all notifying you about what we're doing doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

"Why couldn't you wait at least a week?" -- Ah, yes, why can't we just give him a chance? Gosh, he has had all kinds of opportunities to modify his behavior, act more presidential, shut down his Twitter account and get off the damn phone, yet he has chosen not to. When someone has shown you who they really are, believe them. If I came home and found someone dousing my house with gasoline and brandishing a box of matches, saying "I'm going to burn your house to the ground," I would not wait until my house was ablaze to take action, I would not say to myself, "Oh, maybe they don't really mean it, maybe they aren't going to light those matches."

As for Madonna and Michael Moore, their opinions don't matter to me. I don't care enough about what they have to say to look up what they said. Michael Moore, like the new president, is all about himself, first and foremost.

"You're just upset because your side lost. Get over it!" No. No. No. It's more than that. Had Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney or John Kasich been elected, I would have been disappointed, I would have disagreed with a number of their policies, but I would not have been scared. I would be confident that they would serve competently and ably, that they would respect the gravity and responsibility of the presidency. I would not worry that they would start a war in the middle of the night over an insulting tweet. I would not be marching.

I read an interesting article in the Washington Post this morning, about hyperbolic language, social media, 24/7 cable news, widening political gulfs, etc. The author mentioned the apocalyptic fundraising emails designed to spur people into chipping in an extra $20 (I hate those). I thought about Bill Maher apologizing to Mitt Romney for how hard he went after Romney in previous elections. Both sides have run about for years, screaming that the other side is out to destroy the country. And now, here we are, with a newly-elected president who is uniquely lacking in both experience and temperament. And I look to the writings of conservatives and libertarians whom I respect, as a reality check, to make sure I am not dwelling in an echo chamber. And what I read scares me.

So, yes, I went to the march yesterday, and I was glad I did, and it was neither the first nor the last action I have taken or will take in response to the election results.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    and there you have it. very well said. thank you.

be prepared for another asinine question though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

dignin said:

Haha. Please. Grasping for straws. Just need to find a way to be against it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    It's crazy to think Madonna swore.

What's the world coming to?
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933

My husband and I went to the San Diego march. Over 40,000 people were there, felt to us like closer to 50,000. It was a diverse crowd, all genders, all ages, all colors, all sexual preferences. No, there was no violence -- this was a family march as much as anything. There were multi-generational groups of women, parents with babies in strollers and backpacks. People were pretty chill, really.

"Why didn't these people vote?" Um, we did. I did. My husband did. Every woman -- and every man -- I know did. Let's not forget that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a margin of 2.9 million.

"What are we hoping to accomplish?" Big things, small things. First of all, for many people, it helps to know that they are not alone. Beyond that, the behavior that the newest occupant of the White House displayed while campaigning and encouraged in others left members of many groups -- women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people of color, non-Christians, people with disabilities -- feeling threatened and afraid. Most posters here are male, and I don't know how to convey to you what it feels like from a woman's perspective. But, I am strong, athletic, and larger than the average American male, and I have had to work hard over the last two months to not view every male I meet as a potential threat; snide jokes about safe spaces aside, the new president's behavior on the campaign trail was deeply unnerving and triggering for women who have been assaulted (and that's a lot of women). Joining a large group of people with similar values and concerns made me feel less vulnerable and less isolated. Perhaps that's an illusion of safety; perhaps my anxieties are illusions of danger. But addressing my fears and anxieties in a positive, productive way is important to me, important for my physical and emotional well-being. I have to think that those who are more vulnerable than I am also gained some strength from the supportive, sympathetic crowds.

"What happens when the march is over?" Probably what has been happening since November 9th, actually. People -- women -- have been mobilizing. Different people are taking action in different ways. Some are getting involved in politics; some are writing letters and badgering members of Congress; some are taking steps to be more visible allies to vulnerable populations; some are engaging more with causes that are important to them; others are giving more to charity, volunteering more, unfucking the world one person at a time. Just because we aren't all notifying you about what we're doing doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

"Why couldn't you wait at least a week?" -- Ah, yes, why can't we just give him a chance? Gosh, he has had all kinds of opportunities to modify his behavior, act more presidential, shut down his Twitter account and get off the damn phone, yet he has chosen not to. When someone has shown you who they really are, believe them. If I came home and found someone dousing my house with gasoline and brandishing a box of matches, saying "I'm going to burn your house to the ground," I would not wait until my house was ablaze to take action, I would not say to myself, "Oh, maybe they don't really mean it, maybe they aren't going to light those matches."

As for Madonna and Michael Moore, their opinions don't matter to me. I don't care enough about what they have to say to look up what they said. Michael Moore, like the new president, is all about himself, first and foremost.

"You're just upset because your side lost. Get over it!" No. No. No. It's more than that. Had Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney or John Kasich been elected, I would have been disappointed, I would have disagreed with a number of their policies, but I would not have been scared. I would be confident that they would serve competently and ably, that they would respect the gravity and responsibility of the presidency. I would not worry that they would start a war in the middle of the night over an insulting tweet. I would not be marching.

I read an interesting article in the Washington Post this morning, about hyperbolic language, social media, 24/7 cable news, widening political gulfs, etc. The author mentioned the apocalyptic fundraising emails designed to spur people into chipping in an extra $20 (I hate those). I thought about Bill Maher apologizing to Mitt Romney for how hard he went after Romney in previous elections. Both sides have run about for years, screaming that the other side is out to destroy the country. And now, here we are, with a newly-elected president who is uniquely lacking in both experience and temperament. And I look to the writings of conservatives and libertarians whom I respect, as a reality check, to make sure I am not dwelling in an echo chamber. And what I read scares me.

So, yes, I went to the march yesterday, and I was glad I did, and it was neither the first nor the last action I have taken or will take in response to the election results.

Fucking right; thank you! I think the quick and dismissive reaction from people who don't support the march have pretty much proven the reason for it, and I appreciate your thoughtful response.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited January 2017
    mickeyrat said:

I totally agree. An awesome post that explains things very well.
    However, I disagree that there will be "another asinine question" coming from the Canadian trump supporter. There will be many many more. So I suggest ignoring them.

Thanks again curmudgeoness for the intelligent and thoughtful post.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Well said, curmudgeoness!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    One of my next steps was to download an app that tracks US legislators (Congress), and to follow my legislators on Twitter and Facebook.

The Women's March organizers have a list of "Next Steps" as well

https://www.womensmarch.com/100/
    Thank you to the millions of people around the world who, on January 21, came together by the millions to raise our voices. But our march forward does not end here. Now is the time to get our friends, family and community together and MAKE HISTORY.

Join us in launching a new campaign:
    10 Actions for the first 100 Days.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

dignin said:

So according to you that the protest meant and did nothing does that now mean different groups of people should never March? As I said before when the Tea Party started out their protests, did they expect change or their demands to come through after their initial marches? No, they wanted their voices to be heard and to be seen and over time the Tea Party grew.

I hope this movement will grow as well and bring all these politicians to the the forefront to *do your job* and to be called out on their deceptions. President Trump is already speaking what he will do for the next 8 years. It's nice to be that confident but get through the first 4 without worrying about crowd size.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    Because men like this still exist is why this march IS as important as it is.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38717186?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Three men were arrested on suspicion of rape in Sweden on Sunday, following reports of an assault against a woman being live-streamed on Facebook.

Police in Uppsala were contacted in the morning by a woman who said she had seen a gang rape broadcast in a closed group on the site.

"You have been raped," one of the men said at the end of the video and then laughed, according to the viewer.

Police later confirmed they, and "many" others, had seen the footage.

The Facebook group is said to have several thousand members.

Police confirmed that they had found three men, aged between 19 and 25, and one woman at a local apartment.

The men were arrested on the spot.

Josefine Lundgren, 21, called the police when she saw the video.

Speaking to Swedish tabloid Expressen, she said she saw one of the men tear the woman's clothes off and lie on top of her.

She also said one of the men had a gun.

Facebook Live shows a count of other people simultaneously watching the broadcast and Ms Lungren said she could see 60 other people viewing.

"Three against one hahaha," one of the viewers wrote in the comments section underneath the video, she said.

Online witnesses told Swedish media they had also seen a second video where the same woman then denied being raped, but there was speculation as to whether or not she had done so under her own free will.

According to Sweden's state broadcaster SVT, the men were still filming the follow-up video when the police arrived.
    Live-streaming crimes

Facebook started offering live-streaming features at the end of 2015.

It is now regularly used by news organisations for on-the-scene reporting, between friends and peers for fun, and by anyone wanting to share thoughts or events with a wide audience.

However, it has also captured various crimes and acts of violence.

Earlier this month, four people were charged for a hate crime in the US city of Chicago after a live-streamed video on Facebook showed a mentally disabled man being tortured.

In June 2016, Antonio Perkins, 28, also from Chicago, was shot dead while live-streaming a video of himself on the site.
    Image caption Antonio Perkins was shot in the head and neck as he broadcast live on Facebook

Facebook Live also caught the aftermath of an incident in which a police officer shot and killed a man in St Paul, Minnesota in July 2016.

After this, the social network issued more details on its live-streaming policy, saying it would be treated the same as for other content.

The company said footage will not be removed simply because it is violent or graphic, but if it is shared to mock the victim or celebrate the violence it will be taken down.

They said live videos can be reported to a team, which is on call 24 hours a day. Reviewers in the team can interrupt a live stream if it breaches Facebook's community standards.

However, people complained when the Chicago torture video ran for 30 minutes, racking up thousands of views, before it was stopped.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Ms. Haiku said:

Well said, curmudgeoness!

Agreed!!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

One of my next steps was to download an app that tracks US legislators (Congress), and to follow my legislators on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you to the millions of people around the world who, on January 21, came together by the millions to raise our voices. But our march forward does not end here. Now is the time to get our friends, family and community together and MAKE HISTORY.

What app is this?
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

I totally agree. An awesome post that explains things very well.
    However, I disagree that there will be "another asinine question" coming from the Canadian trump supporter. There will be many many more. So I suggest ignoring them.

Thanks again curmudgeoness for the intelligent and thoughtful post.
    He's only one man.

I say that tongue in cheek (adopting one of his well used lines), but it is worth noting that the other open Trump supporters haven't been around much. I'd assume they're embarrassed.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Passion + logic + eloquence = a beautiful, thoughtful post.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Free said:

Ms. Haiku said:

What app is this?
    In the Android phone it is "Congress."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    hedonist said:

Passion + logic + eloquence = a beautiful, thoughtful post.

Thank you.
    Agreed. So perfectly well-put.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Free said:

Ms. Haiku said:

What app is this?
    In the Android phone it is "Congress."
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248

Bravo! Great post.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    Any and all major "movements" are questioned ridiculed and co-opted, from OWS to BLM, it comes with the territory of standing up and taking action against the ruling elite and the status quo. I'm all for protests, whether it be the two I mentioned or a football player kneeling during an anthem. I was at the DC march, the sheer volume of people was insane, the energy and vibe was something I'll never forget, truly amazing.
    The only issue I had have is that it seemed to me that the womens march was more about the "results of the election" then about anything else, women's rights or a women's place in the world, immigrants LGBT etc.
    The truth is, women are not given equal opportunity to men and are certainly not given equal respect.
    I hope the movement doesn't fade, I hope men women from all backgrounds begin to become more involved in the "politics" that directly impact our everyday lives.

I'll add this, it's unfortunate that Madonna and Ashley Judd make headlines with their hate speech. Not only does it denigrate the cause for many involved while providing fuel to the rabid right, it confirms my belief that the march was more about "election results" and less about woman's issues.
    Post edited by JC29856 on