1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
edited October 2018 in A Moving Train
My twin and I will be at the Washington one. Anyone else marching tomorrow?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Ms. Haiku on

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Ms. Haiku said:

My twin and I, we
    will be marching tomorrow
    Will anyone else?

ftfy
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    In Canada but with solidarity.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    CM189191 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

My twin and I, we
    Will anyone else?

ftfy
    Very clever!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Ms. Haiku said:

CM189191 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

My twin and I, we
    Will anyone else?

ftfy
    Very clever!
    Agree. CM wins the amt daily prize.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    My wife & her friend are driving down to D.C. As I write this , I had to stay home ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    A good friend of my moms is going to the L.A. one.

Oddly enough, I'll be nearby that day for that vinyl giveaway at The Record Parlor in Hollywood.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Where Women’s Marches Are Happening Around the World

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/17/us/womens-march.html

6 continents
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Anyone marching tomorrow, be safe! Do not lose your group. Have a plan in place if you lose the people in your group. Do not let people push you around.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Many finding the energy to march, but not vote.

Women alone should have sunk Trump.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Many finding the energy to march, but not vote.

Women alone should have sunk Trump.

I'm willing to bet all those marching voted too. Just maybe not all for Hillary.
  • The lack of tv coverage of this march is astonishing. Internet yes, tv no.

The lack of tv coverage of this march is astonishing. Internet yes, tv no.

The revolution will not be televised.
  • Free said:

Then it will not be noticed unfortunately.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

Democracy Now will probably be the only one that gives a damn like they did for North Dakota. I'm heading there for a record store giveaway sale (Record Parlour) in Hollywood but I may join if I have time back on the subway. Some family friends and college friends are there.
    This is great unreal you'd have to be blind not to see this loud message being sent right to his door step ! Boston has over 100k damn
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

This is great unreal you'd have to be blind not to see this loud message being sent right to his door step ! Boston has over 100k damn

Sounds like Boston expected 25k marchers and have an estimated 125k currently. Almost 500k in DC. London, Paris, Sydney, etc... Lots of other marches in Chicago, Denver, Seattle, and all over the country. Amazing turnouts. CNN has been showing otetty continous coverage.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Whats the message tho? Seriously. We were talking about it at dinner with people our age (late 30s and our college daughter and her friend). No one seemed to know what the actual message is. A lot of guessing but nobody googled it so im not sure if its being covered by the news correctly. Is it right and left women together? Just left? Is it anti Trump? I'm curious.

Whats the message tho? Seriously. We were talking about it at dinner with people our age (late 30s and our college daughter and her friend). No one seemed to know what the actual message is. A lot of guessing but nobody googled it so im not sure if its being covered by the news correctly. Is it right and left women together? Just left? Is it anti Trump? I'm curious.
    Empowering women isn't enough for you?
    http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506299560/womens-march-on-washington-aims-to-be-more-than-protest-but-will-it

"The march aims to "send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," according to the event's official website."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Free said:

Empowering women isn't enough for you?
    Is that the purpose? Then great. What im saying is that we were confused if it was for this or that. Its not being covered correctly IMO
  • Free said:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506299560/womens-march-on-washington-aims-to-be-more-than-protest-but-will-it

"The march aims to "send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," according to the event's official website."

I don't think wearing p hats while trying to deliver a message is going to do anything.
    What do others think of these p hats. I find it very silly and they lose all credibility.
    What if people wore d hats to protest? That would be strange no?
    It's only a matter of time today until this turns into violence and the message gets lost again.
    P hats, ridiculous.
    This gives me a lot of hope for all my neighbors in the south.

Still a great country.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    dignin said:

Still a great country.

+1

dignin said:

Still a great country.

+1
    +2
    Whoa I hope people can be safe that's incredible ! I'm sitting here thinking about my wife she's down in DC this is really something to see ..
  • Free said:

Im repeating myself, but it would have accomplished much more by turning out in droves to vote.

That being said... later in the game... impressive.

We'll see if it's a big event that's just a big event or if it's a spark that ignites a fire.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Ridership on D.C.’s metropolitan area transit reached 275,000 as of 11 a.m. Saturday, according to Washington's WMATA agency, compared with 193,000 rides as of 11 a.m. on Friday and 513,000 at the same time on former President Barack Obama’s 2009 Inauguration Day.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    I went down to the rally in St. Paul, MN with the wife. A very large crowd. Police estimate was close to 60k in attendance.