BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

https://youtu.be/XaadfwY5bw4

Game, set, and match.

Those kids would ask about the pink hats, and why you weren't marching.
    My daughters were laughing at the marchers and thought the speakers were insane.
    Of course they were. You have shaped their viewpoints as a parent. That's what happens. In some cases children can escape the dark cloud of narrow mindedness, but not always.
    Nope. Completely uncoached. I do not push my point of view on them at all.
    That is truly impossible. Not arguing for or against the discussion here, just calling out BS.
    Why? I don't speak to them the way I write in here. They get a lot more of a progressive spin at school and when we discuss things I don't shoot down anything. We talk about how things are looked at from different angles but I am very careful to not make my preference seem like the right one. In terms of media I mainly have MSNBC on in the house which they don't even pay attention too. My daughters laughing at the march happened completely on their own when we happened to drive past a woman carrying a sign in Toronto. I hadn't to that point discussed the march with them at all. They saw clips of rioters the day before on their own and saw clips of Madonna later in the day. They were not impressed and I had zero to do with it.
    Your daughters are laughing at marchers and Madonna and rioters? clearly they are not into empowering themselves as women, and making fun of other women, for taking a stand? You must be proud. That mocking and belief of others came from somewhere.
    Yes. It brought a tear to my eye. #prouddad
    Way to go lifting them up and empowering them. :weary:
    They have a mother who competes in crossfit competitions in her spare time. They get plenty of empowerment. Sorry that they find foul-mouthed aging rock stars desparate for relevancy to be lame.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

There's a march for life protest planned this weekend for those that felt excluded or left out of the women's march last weekend.
    Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Will they be supporting affordable birth control and sex education in schools? Affordable day care and health insurance for kids? Lining up foster kids who need a stable home?
    I know nothing about the march, I tend not to get involved in that particular discussion. I do like pointing out baby womb murder vs the baby child teenage and adult murders in far off lands by US bombs.
    That's weird, I thought I just read something by you involving yourself in the discussion.
    Not me
    I could've sworn you posted a link to an anti-choice page. Weird. Different JC I guess
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

My daughters were laughing at the marchers and thought the speakers were insane.
    Of course they were. You have shaped their viewpoints as a parent. That's what happens. In some cases children can escape the dark cloud of narrow mindedness, but not always.
    That is truly impossible. Not arguing for or against the discussion here, just calling out BS.
    Why? I don't speak to them the way I write in here. They get a lot more of a progressive spin at school and when we discuss things I don't shoot down anything. We talk about how things are looked at from different angles but I am very careful to not make my preference seem like the right one. In terms of media I mainly have MSNBC on in the house which they don't even pay attention too. My daughters laughing at the march happened completely on their own when we happened to drive past a woman carrying a sign in Toronto. I hadn't to that point discussed the march with them at all. They saw clips of rioters the day before on their own and saw clips of Madonna later in the day. They were not impressed and I had zero to do with it.
    Your daughters are laughing at marchers and Madonna and rioters? clearly they are not into empowering themselves as women, and making fun of other women, for taking a stand? You must be proud. That mocking and belief of others came from somewhere.
    They have a mother who competes in crossfit competitions in her spare time. They get plenty of empowerment. Sorry that they find foul-mouthed aging rock stars desparate for relevancy to be lame.
    you said they were laughing at the marchers.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Knocking the largest protest in US history because they mostly were women? Chauvinist much? That's sets a great example for your daughters, not.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Knocking the largest protest in US history because they most were women? Chauvinist much? That's sets a great example for your daughters, not.
    They weren't laughing at the marchers because they were women. They were laughing because they thought it was meaningless and a waste of time. They thought the marchers were being sore losers.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    I was laughing at the marchers for those ridiculous p hats and listening to Madonnas rant.
    I used this as an example to teach my kids not what to do when protesting. Making a mockery of the very word you were against being grabbed.
    They looked stupid and their message if they ever had one got lost in a sea of pink p hats.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Yes. It started when they saw some women carrying signs in Toronto. They said "why are they marching? They don't live in the states? Who cares?". To which I said "they are showing support for women in the states". To which they said "Trump won and he hasn't even done anything yet...they should give him a chance". I said "they are worried he will take away their right" and they thought that was just ridiculous. I gave them the view point of the marchers and they didn't buy it. Later they saw clips of madonna and ashley judd and they thought they were nuts.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Knocking the largest protest in US history because they most were women? Chauvinist much? That's sets a great example for your daughters, not.
    They weren't laughing at the marchers because they were women. They were laughing because they thought it was meaningless and a waste of time. They thought the marchers were being sore losers.
    Your statement right there says it all. "They thought the marchers were being sore losers." Hmmm, where would they pick up on such an ideology? If my kids thought of someone as a sore loser and laughed at them, I wouldn't leave it at that.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

...and they're so much better because? You say so? They say so? And you think it's OK that they put down everyone else.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Your statement right there says it all. "They thought the marchers were being sore losers." Hmmm, where would they pick up on such an ideology? If my kids thought of someone as a sore loser and laughed at them, I wouldn't leave it at that.
    I didn't leave it at that. Read my other post.
  • Options
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

...and they're so much better because? You say so? They say so? And you think it's OK that they put down everyone else.
    Are you taking shots at my kids?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

You're the one tossing them out there.

Stop trying to make points using them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Yes. It started when they saw some women carrying signs in Toronto. They said "why are they marching? They don't live in the states? Who cares?". To which I said "they are showing support for women in the states". To which they said "Trump won and he hasn't even done anything yet...they should give him a chance". I said "they are worried he will take away their right" and they thought that was just ridiculous. I gave them the view point of the marchers and they didn't buy it. Later they saw clips of madonna and ashley judd and they thought they were nuts.
    So you think that they're so much smarter than the marchers, in a different country, under a different rule... but they think the largest protest in US history should give him a chance, an admitted pussy grabber, and so much more. ( just look at what's happened since Friday). Clearly they don't understand. But go ahead, let them judge A huge diverse group of people and while you're at it, I'm sure your influence is there.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

There's a march for life protest planned this weekend for those that felt excluded or left out of the women's march last weekend.
    Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Will they be supporting affordable birth control and sex education in schools? Affordable day care and health insurance for kids? Lining up foster kids who need a stable home?
    I know nothing about the march, I tend not to get involved in that particular discussion. I do like pointing out baby womb murder vs the baby child teenage and adult murders in far off lands by US bombs.
    That's weird, I thought I just read something by you involving yourself in the discussion.
    Not me
    I could've sworn you posted a link to an anti-choice page. Weird. Different JC I guess
    yes I did for those that felt left out last weekend...but where is the discussion I involved myself in?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

You're the one tossing them out there.

Stop trying to make points using them.
    You might want to read back a little to what triggered this. I posted a video clip and Haiku responded about kids and my lack of participation to that. My response was to Haiku about how kids don't all think the same. Every post since has been a response to everybody who is questioning me. Sorry to bust everybody's narrative how all young girls must think the same way.
  • Options
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

So you think that they're so much smarter than the marchers, in a different country, under a different rule... but they think the largest protest in US history should give him a chance, an admitted pussy grabber, and so much more. ( just look at what's happened since Friday). Clearly they don't understand. But go ahead, let them judge A huge diverse group of people and while you're at it, I'm sure your influence is there.
    Well I haven't said that they are smarter. I only have said that they have a different opinion. A free country allows for that. You claim to be all about hope and optimism and the need for a free media but when it comes to thought you are as facist as they come.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I was laughing at the marchers for those ridiculous p hats and listening to Madonnas rant.
    I used this as an example to teach my kids not what to do when protesting. Making a mockery of the very word you were against being grabbed.
    They looked stupid and their message if they ever had one got lost in a sea of pink p hats.

I thought the p-hats were great! They served a number of purposes as far as I can tell including warmth for a winter march, sending a message to the chief p-grabber, and visibility. The aerial shots from around the country looked awesome - vast swaths of pink covering all available open spaces in downtown areas of major metropolitan cities. Solidarity from coast to coast.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Well I haven't said that they are smarter. I only have said that they have a different opinion. A free country allows for that. You claim to be all about hope and optimism and the need for a free media but when it comes to thought you are as facist as they come.
    I get your point BS, but you do influence them by how you do or don't answer and discuss topics. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that because we all do it, intentional or not. If you had been supportive of the march from your own perspective you would answer their questions differently and in more detail because you want them to fully understand it, but if you don't agree or aren't quite sure, your answer is more vague and less informative for them to comprehend the reasons.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Not me
    yes I did for those that felt left out last weekend...but where is the discussion I involved myself in?
    I just said where. This thread, with your comment and link.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

I get your point BS, but you do influence them by how you do or don't answer and discuss topics. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that because we all do it, intentional or not. If you had been supportive of the march from your own perspective you would answer their questions differently and in more detail because you want them to fully understand it, but if you don't agree or aren't quite sure, your answer is more vague and less informative for them to comprehend the reasons.
    That's fair but for the record on this topic I gave them the marchers point of view...I play devils advocate with them all the time just to get them to think. Now certainly I didn't give them the marchers point of view with any level of intensity but I didn't show any disdain for the march either. This came from their own mouths and whether it was absorbed from me or their mother or someone at school is irrelevant...the march did not generate any real empathy in them and in some respects the clips they saw (summed up in the video I posted) pushed them away. The point being that while the march was very impressive in numbers it may not have achieve it's intended goal. It might in fact have done the opposite.
  • Options
    Your daughters watch Fox News. That's enough info.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,841
    Free said:

No, it's not. You have no idea what else they watch in addition to Fox.

If my child wanted to watch Fox, I wouldn't try to prevent that. What would be the point? I would just discuss it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Free said:

If my child wanted to watch Fox, I wouldn't try to prevent that. What would be the point? I would just discuss it.
    Did you read BS' post? It was written that the march was seen in a negative light. The only sources that are reporting that are hate groups or Fox News. Most other sources are reporting it for what it was: a historic day for America, The largest protest in history. And that women empowerment was a central reason for the March. It doesn't have to be negative but according to his Canadian daughters it was a terrible waste of time.
  • Options
    Free said:

judgmental much? I've watched fox news.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Did you read BS' post? It was written that the march was seen in a negative light. The only sources that are reporting that are hate groups or Fox News. Most other sources are reporting it for what it was: a historic day for America, The largest protest in history. And that women empowerment was a central reason for the March. It doesn't have to be negative but according to his Canadian daughters it was a terrible waste of time.
    So the whole American media should report the same thing all the time? You must live in a nice world.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

That's fair but for the record on this topic I gave them the marchers point of view...I play devils advocate with them all the time just to get them to think. Now certainly I didn't give them the marchers point of view with any level of intensity but I didn't show any disdain for the march either. This came from their own mouths and whether it was absorbed from me or their mother or someone at school is irrelevant...the march did not generate any real empathy in them and in some respects the clips they saw (summed up in the video I posted) pushed them away. The point being that while the march was very impressive in numbers it may not have achieve it's intended goal. It might in fact have done the opposite.
    I can't watch the video you posted while at work, but was it Madonna talking about blowing up the white house? did they see the FULL clip, where she says "yes, I have thought about it.....but I'm here to promote love...." and the actual message was that love trumps hate. I can see why everyone is jumping all over madonna for those comments, because all they saw was the first part about blowing up the WH.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Free said:

Well, hello. Looking to something?
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Well, hello. Looking to something?
    huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    edited January 2017
    jeffbr said:

I thought the p-hats were great! They served a number of purposes as far as I can tell including warmth for a winter march, sending a message to the chief p-grabber, and visibility. The aerial shots from around the country looked awesome - vast swaths of pink covering all available open spaces in downtown areas of major metropolitan cities. Solidarity from coast to coast.
    I agree.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I worry more about US daughters not understanding the march versus daughters in other countries. 53% of white women voters voted for Trump, which is more worrisome than parents in other countries raising kids who may not vote in the US.

It was off-the-chart awesome that marchers in other countries supported the quest of millions of US women. I may wear a black armband on March 8 to support Irish Feminists who may strike and wear black armbands.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird