1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    There's a march for life protest planned this weekend for those that felt excluded or left out of the women's march last weekend.
    Pass the word.

marchforlife.org
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

https://youtu.be/XaadfwY5bw4

Game, set, and match.

Those kids would ask about the pink hats, and why you weren't marching.
    My daughters were laughing at the marchers and thought the speakers were insane.
    Of course they were. You have shaped their viewpoints as a parent. That's what happens. In some cases children can escape the dark cloud of narrow mindedness, but not always.
    Nope. Completely uncoached. I do not push my point of view on them at all.
    That is truly impossible. Not arguing for or against the discussion here, just calling out BS.
    Why? I don't speak to them the way I write in here. They get a lot more of a progressive spin at school and when we discuss things I don't shoot down anything. We talk about how things are looked at from different angles but I am very careful to not make my preference seem like the right one. In terms of media I mainly have MSNBC on in the house which they don't even pay attention too. My daughters laughing at the march happened completely on their own when we happened to drive past a woman carrying a sign in Toronto. I hadn't to that point discussed the march with them at all. They saw clips of rioters the day before on their own and saw clips of Madonna later in the day. They were not impressed and I had zero to do with it.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

My daughters were laughing at the marchers and thought the speakers were insane.
    Of course they were. You have shaped their viewpoints as a parent. That's what happens. In some cases children can escape the dark cloud of narrow mindedness, but not always.
    That is truly impossible. Not arguing for or against the discussion here, just calling out BS.
    Why? I don't speak to them the way I write in here. They get a lot more of a progressive spin at school and when we discuss things I don't shoot down anything. We talk about how things are looked at from different angles but I am very careful to not make my preference seem like the right one. In terms of media I mainly have MSNBC on in the house which they don't even pay attention too. My daughters laughing at the march happened completely on their own when we happened to drive past a woman carrying a sign in Toronto. I hadn't to that point discussed the march with them at all. They saw clips of rioters the day before on their own and saw clips of Madonna later in the day. They were not impressed and I had zero to do with it.
    Haha, sure.

You maybe the only one I have ever heard try and argue they don't influence their kids.

Nobody believes it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

:rofl:

kids pick up way more than you give them credit for, which you claim is zero. which is astounding.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JC29856 said:

There's a march for life protest planned this weekend for those that felt excluded or left out of the women's march last weekend.
    Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

They have some bigly speakers lined up!

Speakers:
    Kellyanne Conway, Senior Counselor to President Trump.
    Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York City.
    Benjamin Watson, Tight End for the Baltimore Ravens.
    Abby Johnson, Former Planned Parenthood Director and founder of “And Then There Were None”.
    Karyme Lozano, Mexican telenovela star.
    Eric Metaxas, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and host of The Eric Metaxas Show.
    Bishop Vincent Mathews Jr., President at Church of God In Christ World Missions.
    And more to be announced!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Haha, sure.

You maybe the only one I have ever heard try and argue they don't influence their kids.

Nobody believes it.
    Well I'm not sure how it works around you but growing up every kid I knew pretty much tried to rebel against their parents. I know my daughters love me but they certainly don't think I'm cool anymore and more often then not are rebelling against my tastes...take this band for example. My son digs PJ but my daughters think its the furthest thing from cool just because their dad likes them. The same goes for politics...a smart father does not shove that down their kids throats. Teach them to keep an open mind and let them figure the rest out. Only tell them what you believe if they ask.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Haha, sure.

Nobody believes it.
    Well I'm not sure how it works around you but growing up every kid I knew pretty much tried to rebel against their parents. I know my daughters love me but they certainly don't think I'm cool anymore and more often then not are rebelling against my tastes...take this band for example. My son digs PJ but my daughters think its the furthest thing from cool just because their dad likes them. The same goes for politics...a smart father does not shove that down their kids throats. Teach them to keep an open mind and let them figure the rest out. Only tell them what you believe if they ask.
    unless you never speak to another adult in their company, it is impossible for them not to be influenced by you. a band is one thing. politics and world events are quite another. they don't want to be like their teachers, either, but they respect their knowledge and experience enough that, even subconciously, are going to absorb that information. even something as a facial expression change while watching the news will inform an opinion onto them.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Speakers:
    Abby Johnson, Former Planned Parenthood Director and founder of “And Then There Were None”.
    Eric Metaxas, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and host of The Eric Metaxas Show.
    Bishop Vincent Mathews Jr., President at Church of God In Christ World Missions.
    I didn't bother looking at the website, doesn't really matter to me. Interesting thou that Conway is a guest speaker.

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Haha, sure.

Nobody believes it.
    unless you never speak to another adult in their company, it is impossible for them not to be influenced by you. a band is one thing. politics and world events are quite another. they don't want to be like their teachers, either, but they respect their knowledge and experience enough that, even subconciously, are going to absorb that information. even something as a facial expression change while watching the news will inform an opinion onto them.
    I am not arguing that I have zero influence...of course there is some...but they are far more influenced by their school and their peers then there father when it comes to politics. You are not wrong though about resisting their teachers though. They have verbally anti-trump teachers (which I haven't argued about with them) and it seems to turn them off...their negative thoughts on the march could have cone from there.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Haha, sure.

Nobody believes it.
    I am not arguing that I have zero influence...of course there is some...but they are far more influenced by their school and their peers then there father when it comes to politics. You are not wrong though about resisting their teachers though. They have verbally anti-trump teachers (which I haven't argued about with them) and it seems to turn them off...their negative thoughts on the march could have cone from there.
    Your children, unless they are very young or you spend very little time with them, know a lot about your political and social views. What they do with that information is up to them, but they know, and it forms a foundation of how they view the world.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

You think you don't, but you do, every move you make, everything out of your mouth, every action has an impact on your kids.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Haha, sure.

Nobody believes it.
    Well, either way, it sounds like you are doing a good job allowing your children to choose their own path and I respect that. I try to do the same, but I know that some of my opinions, whether outspoken or not, will shape them one way or another until they are old enough to determine who they want to be.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Your daughters are laughing at marchers and Madonna and rioters? clearly they are not into empowering themselves as women, and making fun of other women, for taking a stand? You must be proud. That mocking and belief of others came from somewhere.
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Your daughters are laughing at marchers and Madonna and rioters? clearly they are not into empowering themselves as women, and making fun of other women, for taking a stand? You must be proud. That mocking and belief of others came from somewhere.
    Yes. It brought a tear to my eye. #prouddad
  • jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Speakers:
    Ben Watson is from my hometown. Super religious guy with a huge family. Our politics differ greatly but I've read some of this facebook posts (via friends who like them) and he's very eloquent and not at all antagonizing so I could see where he'd be a decent draw. I'd say he's more religious than political, though.
    I'm through with screaming
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Way to go lifting them up and empowering them. :weary:
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Does the route go past the school or the hospital? Or do they only care about marching for life up until the baby is born?

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Exactly kids behavior most of the time is developed at home , just like bullying I believe it starts at home but that's just my observation !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Maybe someone should knit together a bunch of condom hats!
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

or a chastity belt hat.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Can't do it. Catholics are involved. Condoms prevent life, and the march is for life. Fetus hats would probably be a big hit, though.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Exactly kids behavior most of the time is developed at home , just like bullying I believe it starts at home but that's just my observation !
    That's right!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Can't do that, a sigificant portion of the anti-abortion faction is dogmatically opposed to birth control as well. A huge portion of them are adherents to cults that believe in sex for procreation only.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Can't do it. Catholics are involved. Condoms prevent life, and the march is for life. Fetus hats would probably be a big hit, though.
    Hahaha! Fetus hats!!!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Will they be supporting affordable birth control and sex education in schools? Affordable day care and health insurance for kids? Lining up foster kids who need a stable home?

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Will they be supporting affordable birth control and sex education in schools? Affordable day care and health insurance for kids? Lining up foster kids who need a stable home?
    I know nothing about the march, I tend not to get involved in that particular discussion. I do like pointing out baby womb murder vs the baby child teenage and adult murders in far off lands by US bombs.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

I know nothing about the march, I tend not to get involved in that particular discussion. I do like pointing out baby womb murder vs the baby child teenage and adult murders in far off lands by US bombs.
    That's weird, I thought I just read something by you involving yourself in the discussion.
  • jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

Speakers:

maybe it should be renamed marchforbirth.org
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited January 2017
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

BS44325 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

BS44325 said:

Game, set, and match.

Wow, man. That's pretty fucked up.

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Pass the word.

marchforlife.org

That's weird, I thought I just read something by you involving yourself in the discussion.
    Not me