Comments

• Options
    ^^^
    Me?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

^^^
    I know both sexes marched.
    Still does not change the fact that they embraced and invited Madonnas position.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    From PJ's FB page:

We are proud of all our friends, family and fans who participated in the #WomensMarch. Women's rights are human rights.

"Ran into my dear friend Brandi Carlile. We can overcome tyranny by this Administration. I'm so proud of Americans that participated in this incredible day. We have hope again against ignorance and hatred." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    So near as I can tell this march is finished now.
    What has changed?
  • Options

^^^
    I know both sexes marched.
    Still does not change the fact that they embraced and invited Madonnas position.

Madonna actually was the one classless moment of the day.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Oh. But saying you want to grab a woman by the pussy, that's class. I get it.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

I never said that
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

The right not to have their pussies grabbed without permission.
    If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

This is a great point. Well said
    Ok, so if that's the case

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^
    You had no idea that Madonna was going to be part of the march?

Celebrities weren't the reason I went. I remembered that Katy Perry was going.
    What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    What part don't you get that President Trump won with those numbers?
    Trolling prettyl hardcore today PJfan. Don't let the karma bite you back.
    That was very fox newish with the way you quoted me to fit your purpose.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    Enkidu said:

Just to clarify, trump says he does this, not that he wants to do it.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Free Melania!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

Free Melania!

Oh that takes me back to that whole Tom Cruise thing. Had a big crush on Katie Holmes in my late teens. Not so much anymore but I'm glad she's come to her senses. That HBO Scientology documentary that came out just makes me hate him even more. What a douche.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    Sorry @mcgruff10. Accidental. Didn't mean to include that. Sometimes hard to catch those on my phone display. My disdain lies with PJfans trolling.
    Why is it trolling to question what is going on and to give your opinion. I'm still trying to figure out why they felt it necessary to do the march and protest on day two of his presidency. Did this have to do with past and present administrations taking women's rights away.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Why is it trolling to question what is going on and to give your opinion. I'm still trying to figure out why they felt it necessary to do the march and protest on day two of his presidency. Did this have to do with past and present administrations taking women's rights away.
    Look at trump's policies as well as his own conduct toward women if you need an answer to your question.
  • Options

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Look at trump's policies as well as his own conduct toward women if you need an answer to your question.
    What policies are in place as of the day of the march?
  • Options

Your question isn't trolling. If you're not familiar with these forums than you may not be aware of certain members who simply try to stir the pot without a care for relevant discussion.

As to your question, I think it's been answered several times in this thread or you can go out and read their mission statement. I would also hope that anyone paying attention is taking note of the lack of acknowledgement by Trump. Instead we get scoldings from his press secretary and tweets concerning his outright lies on the record attendance at his inauguration. That's where the focus of the new administration is being directed. Utter insane egotistical bullshit.
  • Options

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    I can see the trump voters have really taken Obama's hope and change slogan to heart. They seem to be hoping for the best despite their vote for someone who has brought on #trumpregrets. And I see you skipped the part where I brought up trump's conduct towards women. I understand it's difficult for trump voters to admit they voted for a sex offender while at the same time they probably check the web page weekly to see if any sex offenders have moved into the neighborhood.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

So when does this march end? I mean does someone say "ok folks, thanks for coming, time to go home now"?
    The longer this goes on the greater chance it will end in violence.

Nope, we just kept walking. I consider it the march that didn't end. There were so many people chanting could be heard from five different streets meeting at a major traffic area. My twin and I stopped at the White House to end it for us. I decided to go to Dupont Circle for something to eat, and I guess other people did too. The chants continued as we walked away from the White House for about 20 minutes. No violence. Awesome day!
    That is awesome. Helping the DC economy. Hopefully all the marchers contributed to the local economy as you did. Perhaps that will help raise the stagnated median income of the country. In one day, you may have accomplished more then Obama did in 8 years.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    I can see the trump voters have really taken Obama's hope and change slogan to heart. They seem to be hoping for the best despite their vote for someone who has brought on #trumpregrets. And I see you skipped the part where I brought up trump's conduct towards women. I understand it's difficult for trump voters to admit they voted for a sex offender while at the same time they probably check the web page weekly to see if any sex offenders have moved into the neighborhood.
    I can assure you I didn't vote for Trump. I could say a lot of negatives about the disgusting thing Trump said and also about what some people think reproductive freedom should entail but I won't. I was just trying to find out their reasoning of why they would plan a march so soon after he was sworn in.
  • Options

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    I can assure you I didn't vote for Trump. I could say a lot of negatives about the disgusting thing Trump said and also about what some people think reproductive freedom should entail but I won't. I was just trying to find out their reasoning of why they would plan a march so soon after he was sworn in.
    Is it really a mystery? Come on. It's on day one because it sends a message early. What happened today is unprecedented.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Free said:

Free Melania!

I wouldn't ever worry about Melania, never under estimate a woman they're some very smart people. She has the President right where she wants him, I believe there's more to her wanting to stay in NYC with her son until this school terms ends. She'll probably tell the President 50-100 million or I'm seeking a divorce before whenever you leave office. He will give it to her just avoid the embarrassment of a divorce while in office even though I'm sure there's a prenuptial agreement somewhere. To me she appears to be one unhappy woman and for now she's doing what she's told to do but just wait, she has time on her hands.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    g under p said:

Free said:

Free Melania!

I wouldn't ever worry about Melania, never under estimate a woman they're some very smart people. She has the President right where she wants him, I believe there's more to her wanting to stay in NYC with her son until this school terms ends. She'll probably tell the President 50-100 million or I'm seeking a divorce before whenever you leave office. He will give it to her just avoid the embarrassment of a divorce while in office even though I'm sure there's a prenuptial agreement somewhere. To me she appears to be one unhappy woman and for now she's doing what she's told to do but just wait, she has time on her hands.

Peace
    And to add to this ^^^^ She probably has been told not to speak out about yesterday's women's march lol she's the 1st lady and over 1million marched opposing her husbands policy lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    g under p said:

Free said:

Free Melania!

Peace
    How does she appear unhappy to you? I love how people attribute feelings to others to fit their needed sense of reality.

As to not moving to DC and not really involving their 10 yo in the adult pagentry, bravo to them as parents. I'm not saying right or wrong, but it's good they're making their own decisions about their child rather than being beholden to tradition and exposing their child who has already had a rather unique upbringing to the additional media and social scrutiny the office brings. And while he brings even more on himself (though honestly, how much more than the Presidency can you get?), controlling that aspect of their child's life is impressive. And besides, he probably has all the tambourines he needs.....

She's sad and holding him hostage. Too funny. Maybe it's true, but I have no idea how you could possible conjecture that seriously from what you have access to.

And btw, I think the one thing we can all agree on (and Bill Clinton has already cast his eye vote on), this is one impressively good looking White House.... it is already definitely best ever in something. So there's that.
  • Options
    Ok, so the march is over now. What has changed besides the memory of Madonna saying “To our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything, f--- you! F--- you! It is the beginning of much-needed change.”?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    No problem bud. Happy Sunday!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

g under p said:

Free said:

Free Melania!

Peace
    How does she appear unhappy to you? I love how people attribute feelings to others to fit their needed sense of reality.

As to not moving to DC and not really involving their 10 yo in the adult pagentry, bravo to them as parents. I'm not saying right or wrong, but it's good they're making their own decisions about their child rather than being beholden to tradition and exposing their child who has already had a rather unique upbringing to the additional media and social scrutiny the office brings. And while he brings even more on himself (though honestly, how much more than the Presidency can you get?), controlling that aspect of their child's life is impressive. And besides, he probably has all the tambourines he needs.....

She's sad and holding him hostage. Too funny. Maybe it's true, but I have no idea how you could possible conjecture that seriously from what you have access to.

And btw, I think the one thing we can all agree on (and Bill Clinton has already cast his eye vote on), this is one impressively good looking White House.... it is already definitely best ever in something. So there's that.
    Hey I'm not saying I'm right.......It's just my feeling seeing them together she appears to be unhappy. I work a mile from his winter White House Mar Largo here on Palm Beach Island and she hardly ever is with smile when they're together around town. I hope they CAN be happy together for a long time but I keep in mind this is his third time down the aisle. I wish them well along with our country we shall see how it goes the first day in office has been oddly funny to me.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    thank you to everyone who marched. you make me proud to be an American.
  • Options

Ok, so the march is over now. What has changed besides the memory of Madonna saying “To our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything, f--- you! F--- you! It is the beginning of much-needed change.”?

I'm not sure your point (other than correctly pointing out the hypocrisy of the needed fame mirror that the protestors needed). It sounded like it was an enormous group of people that for the most part were peaceful (you're always going to have a few things that happen) trying to get their message out. Why does that bother you so much?

What I find ironic is everyone is trying to replicate what MLK did and it's ineffective because where he was marching for real change, the copycats have no real clear agenda other than their perceived persecution (whereas MLK's was real and thus why beyond his own force of nature his cause was so effective and still resonates to this day).

They want to protect abortion rights and planned parenthood? Ummmm. Do they know that 5 of the justices that voted to uphold Roe still sit on the Court and 2 others including the Chief Justice are not staunchly against it? As for planned parenthood, do the marchers know that if 100 of the celebrities that patted themselves on the back rather than effecting real change each pledged $5 million dollars a year, they could fill the federal funding gap if that were to be ceased. That would also alleviate half a billion in deficit spending each year to the growing deficit. Not saying the Feds should stop funding it, but just pointing out what should be obvious to those great Americans such as Madonna if they are so aggrieved and wanted to really help in a meaningful way.

And under the did you know column - did you know it was Richard Nixon who signed Title X giving federal funds to planned parenthood? Oh the horror.

Anyway, I know it was about more than that, but I think it's great folks got together and did what they wanted to have their voices heard in a peaceful way while obstructing people's daily lives as little as possible. Some of the idiots that have been rioting over Trumps election in Portland, NYC, etc over the last couple months should take note. Whether you think it's effective or not is a fine debate, but you seem to take it a step further in your litany of posts as if they shouldn't have done it. Who cares?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

I'm not sure your point (other than correctly pointing out the hypocrisy of the needed fame mirror that the protestors needed). It sounded like it was an enormous group of people that for the most part were peaceful (you're always going to have a few things that happen) trying to get their message out. Why does that bother you so much?

What I find ironic is everyone is trying to replicate what MLK did and it's ineffective because where he was marching for real change, the copycats have no real clear agenda other than their perceived persecution (whereas MLK's was real and thus why beyond his own force of nature his cause was so effective and still resonates to this day).

They want to protect abortion rights and planned parenthood? Ummmm. Do they know that 5 of the justices that voted to uphold Roe still sit on the Court and 2 others including the Chief Justice are not staunchly against it? As for planned parenthood, do the marchers know that if 100 of the celebrities that patted themselves on the back rather than effecting real change each pledged $5 million dollars a year, they could fill the federal funding gap if that were to be ceased. That would also alleviate half a billion in deficit spending each year to the growing deficit. Not saying the Feds should stop funding it, but just pointing out what should be obvious to those great Americans such as Madonna if they are so aggrieved and wanted to really help in a meaningful way.

And under the did you know column - did you know it was Richard Nixon who signed Title X giving federal funds to planned parenthood? Oh the horror.

Anyway, I know it was about more than that, but I think it's great folks got together and did what they wanted to have their voices heard in a peaceful way while obstructing people's daily lives as little as possible. Some of the idiots that have been rioting over Trumps election in Portland, NYC, etc over the last couple months should take note. Whether you think it's effective or not is a fine debate, but you seem to take it a step further in your litany of posts as if they shouldn't have done it. Who cares?
    So your proposed solution is that celebrities fund basic health care for citizens?

Wonderful.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

So your proposed solution is that celebrities fund basic health care for citizens?

Wonderful.
    He's only suggesting they each donate $5 mil a year.
  • Options

Wonderful.
    He's only suggesting they each donate $5 mil a year.
    Does that include Trump or is he exempt now that he's president?