Options

1st Women's March January 21, 2017. 3rd Women's March January 19, 2019

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

So tomorrow after this historic march will President Trump still be in office?
    I ask because I still don't know the reason for the march. What is it supposed to do?

Don't be a douche. Respect the first amendment. You might not agree with it but the first amendment is the definition of this country.
    I have no qualms with the march or the people in it. I only want to know what it is going to accomplish?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    my wife & I marched in Portland. over 100K people showed up in the rain. Pretty damn cool.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258

So tomorrow after this historic march will President Trump still be in office?
    I ask because I still don't know the reason for the march. What is it supposed to do?

It was a great first step in becoming active. I met one of my legislators this morning. Never did that. I marched for women's rights. I haven't done that for 20 years. It showed me that many of us are on the same page, and becoming more engaged will not be as scary, and in fact is necessary.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

Free said:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506299560/womens-march-on-washington-aims-to-be-more-than-protest-but-will-it

"The march aims to "send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," according to the event's official website."

I don't think wearing p hats while trying to deliver a message is going to do anything.
    What do others think of these p hats. I find it very silly and they lose all credibility.
    What if people wore d hats to protest? That would be strange no?
    It's only a matter of time today until this turns into violence and the message gets lost again.
    P hats, ridiculous.
    They were awesome! The pink was another visual of the march, along with the signs.

The march of over 500,000 people was very calm. It was a bit chilly, and some of us stood for about 4 hours before the march started. Anyone would have been impressed. We rocked!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    Ms. Haiku said:

Free said:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506299560/womens-march-on-washington-aims-to-be-more-than-protest-but-will-it

"The march aims to "send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," according to the event's official website."

I don't think wearing p hats while trying to deliver a message is going to do anything.
    What do others think of these p hats. I find it very silly and they lose all credibility.
    It's only a matter of time today until this turns into violence and the message gets lost again.
    P hats, ridiculous.
    They were awesome! The pink was another visual of the march, along with the signs.

The march of over 500,000 people was very calm. It was a bit chilly, and some of us stood for about 4 hours before the march started. Anyone would have been impressed. We rocked!
    Yes you did my wife was also there this was a great day in the history of this country !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

So when does this march end? I mean does someone say "ok folks, thanks for coming, time to go home now"?
    The longer this goes on the greater chance it will end in violence.

Nope, we just kept walking. I consider it the march that didn't end. There were so many people chanting could be heard from five different streets meeting at a major traffic area. My twin and I stopped at the White House to end it for us. I decided to go to Dupont Circle for something to eat, and I guess other people did too. The chants continued as we walked away from the White House for about 20 minutes. No violence. Awesome day!
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

Free said:

P hats, ridiculous.

Yes you did my wife was also there this was a great day in the history of this country !
    Virtual wave to your wife, josevolution!
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

my wife & I marched in Portland. over 100K people showed up in the rain. Pretty damn cool.

Awesome, mfc2006!
  • Options
    dignin said:

This gives me a lot of hope for all my neighbors in the south.

Still a great country.

+3
  • Options

I went down to the rally in St. Paul, MN with the wife. A very large crowd. Police estimate was close to 60k in attendance.

Yay, St. Paul!
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Just got back from the LA March. I heard 500,000 people. Don't know if that's true. People were very nice, very mellow.

Yay, L.A.!
  • Options

I went to the Women's March in Wilmington. I feel recharged!

Yay!
  • Options

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

The right not to have their pussies grabbed without permission.
    If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

You're trying to defend sex offender trump by comparing him to Clinton. Bill is done and Hilary lost, lets deal with our current reality.
    To add to his point this "great march" that is happening has Madonna performing and speaking.
    We all know what she offered to anyone who wouldn't vote for President Trump.
    This march is a farce and extremely sexist towards men.
    I would say 20% of marchers were men.
  • Options

^^^
    I know both sexes marched.
    Still does not change the fact that they embraced and invited Madonnas position.

I didn't go there for Madonna. I didn't know she was there. I heard Katy Perry was there, but we couldn't hear where I stood.
  • Options
    ^^^
    You had no idea that Madonna was going to be part of the march?
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    There were a lot of men at the LA March. My husband was there. And now I've heard 750,000 people were there in LA. It was pretty wonderful.
  • Options
    Any woman and I guess man that attended should've shut it down after this from Madonna
    "Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House," Madonna said. "But I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair."
    This was a hate parade. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/madonna-speech-march/index.html
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039
    Have these numbers been achieved countrywide since Vietnam? Maybe anti nuke with Reagan?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

^^^

Celebrities weren't the reason I went. I remembered that Katy Perry was going.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    E, dammit! Attending a "hate parade". How dare you.

Love the iron men who walk with us iron women. I do hope some (regardless of gender) get why many women have felt fucked over. Whether literally or not. And need to speak out. To somehow get it through the skulls that are too fucking thick (or weak) to even begin to get it.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

What specific reason was it that you went? What were you protesting for exactly.
    Reproductive freedom.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    What a proud day after what very few can same the same about yesterday. Just awesome. Thanks to all that showed up, I was there in spirit!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345

Free said:

This is great unreal you'd have to be blind not to see this loud message being sent right to his door step ! Boston has over 100k damn

Whats the message tho? Seriously. We were talking about it at dinner with people our age (late 30s and our college daughter and her friend). No one seemed to know what the actual message is. A lot of guessing but nobody googled it so im not sure if its being covered by the news correctly. Is it right and left women together? Just left? Is it anti Trump? I'm curious.
    Empowering women isn't enough for you?
    Is that the purpose? Then great. What im saying is that we were confused if it was for this or that. Its not being covered correctly IMO
    https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Free said:

What a proud day after what very few can same the same about yesterday. Just awesome. Thanks to all that showed up, I was there in spirit!

The historical revolution thanks your spiritual presence.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Where have these historic crowds been since they clearly were not at the voting booth?
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    what part of 2.9 million LESS votes dont you get? Precedent Trump received 2.9 frwer votes than Clinton.
    What part don't you get that President Trump won with those numbers?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Does anyone know what rights they think he'll take away? I didn't vote for him by the way. I really want to know. I'm having a hard time comprehending why this would be happening in day two???? Everyone seems to be jumping for joy about it.

If ANY person at the protest today supported Hillary, they were ok with a woman who's husband got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it. Billy Clinton was a bigger woman abuser than trump and you best not support a woman who was ok sharing her bed for years and years with him. Hypocrites.

This is a great point. Well said
    Ok, so if that's the case

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Trolling prettyl hardcore today PJfan. Don't let the karma bite you back.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

This is a great point. Well said
    Ok, so if that's the case

mickeyrat said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

^^^

Reproductive freedom.
    Understanding that.
    Trolling prettyl hardcore today PJfan. Don't let the karma bite you back.
    That was very fox newish with the way you quoted me to fit your purpose.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......