THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397

PJ_Soul said:

another thing......stop with the personal attacks over opinions...or go ahead, I enjoy the opportunity to throw it back.

Godfather.

I'm still just wondering how you feel about Trump's plan to raise taxes for the middle class vs Hillary's plan that will lower them.... Just wondering what circumstances you are in to favour higher taxes for yourself.
    I'll deal with that if it comes, didn't he make a plane to lower taxes across the board, some less than others ?

Godfather.

No but he did have a fleet of planes. Of course it went belly up like everything else he touches.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

why wouldn't Trump make a good president ? other than you folks don't like him personally, I would like to read some real reasons why he would be worse than Hillary.

Godfather.

If you have to ask then I'd say nothing will prove to you that his a total incompetent bafoon , and I guess you agree with him on how to treat women ... A question to you GF if I said those things about your wife or daughter or sister or even your mother what would your reaction be towards me ?
    thank you proving a point for me bro, by the way do you or anybody on the AMT have the stones to post some typical guy conversation's that you've had about the girl you've had or wanted to have sex with ......ladies your welcome to throw your hat into the ring as well I'm sure there has to be some stories out there you ladies have talked about ....com'on don't be afraid LOL !

Godfather.

I ask you again would you be ok with me talking about your wife or daughter or sister or your mother the way your hero talked about them in the video or let me guess you haven't watched it yet ? Prove your point you are delusional I revered the women in my life , My mother my wife my sister my daughter my grandmother!! How about you ?
    im sure at some point in their lives somebody somewhere said something like that about our female family members but if that's your reason not to vote for Trump then I'd say your opinion is a very uneducated guess, you must be "delusional" if you really believe a tough guy like yourself kept people from talking about your sister, mother etc.....but we"re getting off track here and the only somewhat reasonable answer I got was from HFD and his was full of "that nasty man" nonsense and the rest was pure guessing by him and his media choices, man for a forum that screams "facts" all the time you folks are sure short on em.
    if you don't like him or have a gut feeling then just say so......no "facts" required, I had that gut feeling about obama and it turns out I was right so who knows you all could be right and if you are you will not see me defending him to a fault...shit I'll jump on the bash wagon if trump wins and fucks us.

Godfather.

Nasty man nonsense? Really? Maybe try disputing what i wrote. Oh, right, you cant. As usual. You asked for an opinion, and i gave it to you based on real observations, not media bias. I dont have cable so i dont watch the news.

You are of a miniscule minority that thinks obama was bad. And you have never in 8 years said why. Because, again, you cant.

If trump becomes president and fucks you, it won't be his fault. You'll blame it on the dems blocking his attempts to save you from the rapist immigrants.

LOL ! awesome....but there are millions of people who dislike Obama and wish he never left Kenya .....

Godfather.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Isaac Asimov
    Hey, he has a gut feeling that Obama is a disaster!
    yes I did and it turns out it was right but some folks just don't want to let go of their dream (turned nightmare) and admit the truth.

Godfather.

I asked you last night be can you provide tangible evidence that he has been a disaster?
    we can start with obamacare or the racial separation since he's been in office....how about the killing of police officers by these BLM losers
    or maybe the trillions in debt he's accumulated while in office or scaling back the military spending.....go ahead and find interweb articles from some dem-owned web site to try and disprove those "facts" I'm sure you can find one or two.

Godfather.

SMH.

obamacare was eventually a success. can it use tweaking? probably.
    what would you have the president do about BLM?
    he inherited the trillions in debt. I'm not even blaming it all on GWB. it was headed that way for years. but in the same sentence you complain that he has scaled back military spending. which is it? should he keep spending, or not?

obamacare was eventually a success. can it use tweaking? probably.- tweaking ? to put it mildly

Eventually a success, until it wasn't again. Even Bill Clinton is slamming this thing. It needs much, much more than a tweaking at this point as we watch it implode.
    there are a lot people who can't afford the increased prices of insurance and pay the penalty for not having it.....can you imaging paying a fine because you can't afford insurance ??????? who was Obama sleeping with(figuratively) when he o.k'd that one ? ....

Godfather.

Everyone has to participate...no free rides. Don't you like that?

If you don't have insurance you pay the penalty. That is the benefit of being able to go to the ER for medical care without having insurance.
    if they give to people who come illegally to our country don't you think Americans should be helped as well in their times of need ?
    our current system gives everything to Illegal's that broke the law to get here in the first place, it's also driven the cost of co-pay's and premium's up so high that a lot of working people can't afford it....yes it's a disaster.

Godfather.

The following groups aren’t eligible to use the marketplace, get cost assistance, or use Medicaid or CHIP:

Undocumented immigrants

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-immigrants/

thank you. so much ignorance around.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,124

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

why wouldn't Trump make a good president ? other than you folks don't like him personally, I would like to read some real reasons why he would be worse than Hillary.

Godfather.

If you have to ask then I'd say nothing will prove to you that his a total incompetent bafoon , and I guess you agree with him on how to treat women ... A question to you GF if I said those things about your wife or daughter or sister or even your mother what would your reaction be towards me ?
    thank you proving a point for me bro, by the way do you or anybody on the AMT have the stones to post some typical guy conversation's that you've had about the girl you've had or wanted to have sex with ......ladies your welcome to throw your hat into the ring as well I'm sure there has to be some stories out there you ladies have talked about ....com'on don't be afraid LOL !

Godfather.

I ask you again would you be ok with me talking about your wife or daughter or sister or your mother the way your hero talked about them in the video or let me guess you haven't watched it yet ? Prove your point you are delusional I revered the women in my life , My mother my wife my sister my daughter my grandmother!! How about you ?
    im sure at some point in their lives somebody somewhere said something like that about our female family members but if that's your reason not to vote for Trump then I'd say your opinion is a very uneducated guess, you must be "delusional" if you really believe a tough guy like yourself kept people from talking about your sister, mother etc.....but we"re getting off track here and the only somewhat reasonable answer I got was from HFD and his was full of "that nasty man" nonsense and the rest was pure guessing by him and his media choices, man for a forum that screams "facts" all the time you folks are sure short on em.
    if you don't like him or have a gut feeling then just say so......no "facts" required, I had that gut feeling about obama and it turns out I was right so who knows you all could be right and if you are you will not see me defending him to a fault...shit I'll jump on the bash wagon if trump wins and fucks us.

Godfather.

Nasty man nonsense? Really? Maybe try disputing what i wrote. Oh, right, you cant. As usual. You asked for an opinion, and i gave it to you based on real observations, not media bias. I dont have cable so i dont watch the news.

You are of a miniscule minority that thinks obama was bad. And you have never in 8 years said why. Because, again, you cant.

If trump becomes president and fucks you, it won't be his fault. You'll blame it on the dems blocking his attempts to save you from the rapist immigrants.

LOL ! awesome....but there are millions of people who dislike Obama and wish he never left Kenya .....

Godfather.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Isaac Asimov
    yes I did and it turns out it was right but some folks just don't want to let go of their dream (turned nightmare) and admit the truth.

Godfather.

I asked you last night be can you provide tangible evidence that he has been a disaster?
    we can start with obamacare or the racial separation since he's been in office....how about the killing of police officers by these BLM losers
    or maybe the trillions in debt he's accumulated while in office or scaling back the military spending.....go ahead and find interweb articles from some dem-owned web site to try and disprove those "facts" I'm sure you can find one or two.

Godfather.

SMH.

he inherited the trillions in debt. I'm not even blaming it all on GWB. it was headed that way for years. but in the same sentence you complain that he has scaled back military spending. which is it? should he keep spending, or not?

obamacare was eventually a success. can it use tweaking? probably.- tweaking ? to put it mildly

Eventually a success, until it wasn't again. Even Bill Clinton is slamming this thing. It needs much, much more than a tweaking at this point as we watch it implode.
    there are a lot people who can't afford the increased prices of insurance and pay the penalty for not having it.....can you imaging paying a fine because you can't afford insurance ??????? who was Obama sleeping with(figuratively) when he o.k'd that one ? ....

Godfather.

If you don't have insurance you pay the penalty. That is the benefit of being able to go to the ER for medical care without having insurance.
    if they give to people who come illegally to our country don't you think Americans should be helped as well in their times of need ?
    our current system gives everything to Illegal's that broke the law to get here in the first place, it's also driven the cost of co-pay's and premium's up so high that a lot of working people can't afford it....yes it's a disaster.

Godfather.

The following groups aren’t eligible to use the marketplace, get cost assistance, or use Medicaid or CHIP:

Undocumented immigrants

Now you did it using facts again GF believes that thousands of illegals are coming across our borders to vote for HC ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Now you did it using facts again GF believes that thousands of illegals are coming across our borders to vote for HC ...
    If I were an illegal immigrant looking for good health care, I'm thinking the USA is about 37th on my list of countries to choose from. Now let's see....what could those other 36 countries above us possibly have in common?
    /trigger warning, linked to liberal owned new site Wikipedia and biased data from the World Health Organization
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Even on Trump's web page, he thinks illegals are eligible for unemployment.

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Insane how miss informed his campaign/followers really are !

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Insane how miss informed his campaign/followers really are !
    Trump loves the poorly educated.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Hey, if they can climb over that giant wall, they deserve it, right?

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

I was trying to find this reference on his site. Couldn't find it. Couple you link where he says they are eligible for unemployment? He does say they are eligible for some benefits (doesn't mention unemployment though) and that is true, there are many benefits available to illegals.
    PJ_Soul said:

another thing......stop with the personal attacks over opinions...or go ahead, I enjoy the opportunity to throw it back.

Godfather.

I'm still just wondering how you feel about Trump's plan to raise taxes for the middle class vs Hillary's plan that will lower them.... Just wondering what circumstances you are in to favour higher taxes for yourself.
    Your comment sparked my interest to compare current taxes with his side by side.
    According to his website and current tax brackets:
    With Trump you pay 12% if you make 75K or less. That is less than the current bracket that is 15% up to 50k, and 25% over 50k.

Essentially the only ones who would be paying more with Trump's plan are those making less than 13k. That is not middle class, that is way below the poverty line-and probably end up not paying any taxes as a result anyway. Aside from that, those who make between 50k-75k would pay the same tax in both scenarios (25%), all other incomes would have less taxes.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    edited October 2016
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Your comment sparked my interest to compare current taxes with his side by side.
    With Trump you pay 12% if you make 75K or less. That is less than the current bracket that is 15% up to 50k, and 25% over 50k.

Essentially the only ones who would be paying more with Trump's plan are those making less than 13k. That is not middle class, that is way below the poverty line-and probably end up not paying any taxes as a result anyway. Aside from that, those who make between 50k-75k would pay the same tax in both scenarios (25%), all other incomes would have less taxes.
    I am just going off of what I've seen on many mainstream sources, including from the ABC fact-checkers who were discussing it immediately after the debate. I suggest you use just about any source that is not Trump's own website for reference. ;) Families with children will apparently be hardest hit according to studies. 1 in 5 families? Anyway, read these:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-presidential-debate-fact-check/2016/10/true-trumps-plan-would-significantly-raise-taxes-on-the-middle-class-229143

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/24/a-new-study-says-trump-would-raise-taxes-for-millions-trumps-campaign-insists-he-wont/

A quote that seems to sum it up:
    "The math is straightforward: A middle-class family of five — two parents, three children — would gain $17,000 for their standard deduction but lose $20,250 in personal deductions. Their remaining income would be taxed at 12 percent, not 10 percent. Extra child-care benefits might not be enough to make up the difference, so they would pay more.

About 1 in 5 families would fall into that category, Batchelder estimated. “That becomes more and more of an issue the bigger the household, and if they have kids,” she said in an interview. “It is primarily going to raise taxes for low- and middle-income taxpayers.”
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

I am just going off of what I've seen on many mainstream sources, including from the ABC fact-checkers who were discussing it immediately after the debate. I suggest you use just about any source that is not Trump's own website for reference. ;) Families with children will apparently be hardest hit according to studies. 1 in 5 families? Anyway, read these:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-presidential-debate-fact-check/2016/10/true-trumps-plan-would-significantly-raise-taxes-on-the-middle-class-229143

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/24/a-new-study-says-trump-would-raise-taxes-for-millions-trumps-campaign-insists-he-wont/

"The math is straightforward: A middle-class family of five — two parents, three children — would gain $17,000 for their standard deduction but lose $20,250 in personal deductions. Their remaining income would be taxed at 12 percent, not 10 percent. Extra child-care benefits might not be enough to make up the difference, so they would pay more.

About 1 in 5 families would fall into that category, Batchelder estimated. “That becomes more and more of an issue the bigger the household, and if they have kids,” she said in an interview. “It is primarily going to raise taxes for low- and middle-income taxpayers.”
    Pretty good analysis on Forbes
    Bottom 80% of peoples' taxes decrease under Clinton. 80-95 percentile see a little bump. And significant increases for the top 5%. It's not nearly as progressive as it should be, but it's a start.
    This part scares me: Impact on 10-Yr Tax Revenue: Clinton’s proposals would increase tax revenue by $1.4T over the next ten years. Trump’s proposals would reduce tax revenue by $6.1 trillion over the next ten years.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Pretty good analysis on Forbes
    Bottom 80% of peoples' taxes decrease under Clinton. 80-95 percentile see a little bump. And significant increases for the top 5%. It's not nearly as progressive as it should be, but it's a start.
    This part scares me: Impact on 10-Yr Tax Revenue: Clinton’s proposals would increase tax revenue by $1.4T over the next ten years. Trump’s proposals would reduce tax revenue by $6.1 trillion over the next ten years.
    Yikes. That is scary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Is there any debate that years of votes against and least worse politics got us Hilliary vs Trump
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

Is there any debate that years of votes against and least worse politics got us Hilliary vs Trump

Yes there is debate.

The primaries featured candidates that were far superior to these two.
    We don't have these two because of lesser evil voting, we have these two because most Americans are uninformed and, more importantly, uninterested in the details of politics and government.
    They fall for "the parties are the same anyways" and "all politicians are the same" rhetoric instead of looking into the actual records and policies of the candidates and their opponents.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,381
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

After watching the debates last night I was actually embarrassed for my country. You had a liar vs ignorance. I still don't know where my vote is going.

Who was the liar in your mind, and who was the ignorant one? I honestly don't know... I would have said Trump is the one who fits both of those bills if you're looking for a "winner" on that front. The fact checkers have Trump beating Hillary in lies or half truths by something like 6 to 1 during that debate, and we all know that Hillary is not the ignorant one....
    trump was ignorant and hillary was the liar (beyond the debates)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    mace1229 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

I was trying to find this reference on his site. Couldn't find it. Couple you link where he says they are eligible for unemployment? He does say they are eligible for some benefits (doesn't mention unemployment though) and that is true, there are many benefits available to illegals.
    It was up on his page a couple months ago. I just checked and they pulled it off since then.
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

First, I've been a member since my first concert (LA 1998, the most recent vault actually) but never bothered entering these forums until a few months ago. Ever since I've seen you on just about every thread I read and often reference your Canadian background and I always pictured you as some old dude with huge sideburns and long hair. It wasn't until you referenced your sex on a thread the other night that I realized that's not the case. I also realized that day that I picture every Canadian male as Neil Young in my head.
    Now I just picture Alanis.

Anyway, they must have access to more info than what was on his site, I just found a summary that didn't explain the deductions. But if 1 in 5 pay more, wouldn't that mean 4 in 5 pay less?
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Yes there is debate.

We don't have these two because of lesser evil voting, we have these two because most Americans are uninformed and, more importantly, uninterested in the details of politics and government.
    They fall for "the parties are the same anyways" and "all politicians are the same" rhetoric instead of looking into the actual records and policies of the candidates and their opponents.
    We discussed closed primaries in another thread. What should independent and unaffiliated voters do in closed primary states? 40% are registered as such and are voiceless (by design).
    Force them to register to a party they don't align with?
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Yes there is debate.

We discussed closed primaries in another thread. What should independent and unaffiliated voters do in closed primary states? 40% are registered as such and are voiceless (by design).
    Distract and distort?
    I don't see the relevance, but I will bite.

Nobody is forced to do anything. If they want to have a voice, they can align however they choose.
    If they can't find a party snuggly enough to align with, they probably aren't complaining. If they are complaining, they should stop.
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Yes there is debate.

Distract and distort?

Nobody is forced to do anything. If they want to have a voice, they can align however they choose.
    If they can't find a party snuggly enough to align with, they probably aren't complaining. If they are complaining, they should stop.
    30% and 40% of voters shut out of primary voting is irrelevant? YOU WIN!
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

truer than you think......

Godfather.

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Yes there is debate.

Distract and distort?

Irrelevant to the question you asked.
    They aren't shut out by anyone but themselves, they are free to align as they choose.
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Yes there is debate.

Distract and distort?

Irrelevant to the question you asked.
    They aren't shut out by anyone but themselves, they are free to align as they choose.
    Overtime?

Is it the choice of voters or the legislators that can choose to open or close primaries?
    Gerrymandering is a choice that legislators on both sides enact to carve out districts even thou 8 of 10 congressional races aren't even close.

US democracy limit voters limit choices!

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Godfather.

What do you mean ?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

― Isaac Asimov

Godfather.

Godfather.

SMH.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Undocumented immigrants

Godfather.

What do you mean ?
    how many voters are here illegally ?

Godfather.

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    x
    Bwahahahaha. you can cite that with a straight face? You must be giggling as you post that?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    Smellyman said:

x

Bwahahahaha. you can cite that with a straight face? You must be giggling as you post that?
    He's completely serious
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana