THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,467
    I cant for the life of me understand how anyone can think trump won that debate. He openly diagrees with his VP on significant foreign policy, like going to war. He says russia is "new nuclear". What in the fuck does that even mean? He talks like he has the understanding of a bloody fifth grader. He threatens to throw her in jail if he wins. No other candidate has ever been so stupid as to do that. He answered none, seriously, NONE of the questions posed to him, while Clinton was very articulate and direct (sometimes a tad rambly) in most of her answers. A moderator had to explain to him what psychological warfare means. He is fucking stupid, and it just boggles my mind that he has any support at all. Republicans in all forms are abandoning him and we still have people on here bragging about how awesome he is. His VP releases a statement he cannot defend his comments. He openly admits to repeated sexual assault and zero respect for women. His own daughter wont kiss him after its over. His wife says she is appalled at his behaviour when they were newlyweds.

How can anyone support this buffoon? Are you so ignorantly ingrained in your partisanship and fear of the boogeyman that you'd vote in a monkey if he was dressed in red and wore a flag on his lapel? The republican party has been reduced to a laughingstock and is nothing more than a hashtag on twitter. Its actually sad for politics. Politics needs balance to sustain democracy. Neither party should have a monopoly, but Trump is single handedly gifting it to the dems.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941

The CNN poll showed Clinton won 57% Trump 33% , she held her own he did nothing to prove that's his fit to be president or bring new voters to his side .....

"you'd be in jail" LOL ! that was a classic statement....I sure hope he wins.

Godfather.

I've been saying for awhile that you're fond of dictators.
  • Neither party should have a monopoly, but Trump is single handedly gifting it to the dems.

Isn't this a good thing?
    I thought merica hates Trump?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

I cant for the life of me understand how anyone can think trump won that debate. He openly diagrees with his VP on significant foreign policy, like going to war. He says russia is "new nuclear". What in the fuck does that even mean? He talks like he has the understanding of a bloody fifth grader. He threatens to throw her in jail if he wins. No other candidate has ever been so stupid as to do that. He answered none, seriously, NONE of the questions posed to him, while Clinton was very articulate and direct (sometimes a tad rambly) in most of her answers. A moderator had to explain to him what psychological warfare means. He is fucking stupid, and it just boggles my mind that he has any support at all. Republicans in all forms are abandoning him and we still have people on here bragging about how awesome he is. His VP releases a statement he cannot defend his comments. He openly admits to repeated sexual assault and zero respect for women. His own daughter wont kiss him after its over. His wife says she is appalled at his behaviour when they were newlyweds.

How can anyone support this buffoon? Are you so ignorantly ingrained in your partisanship and fear of the boogeyman that you'd vote in a monkey if he was dressed in red and wore a flag on his lapel? The republican party has been reduced to a laughingstock and is nothing more than a hashtag on twitter. Its actually sad for politics. Politics needs balance to sustain democracy. Neither party should have a monopoly, but Trump is single handedly gifting it to the dems.

A "Trump" may be needed to try and show the American public what a farce our democracy is. Third parties can't do it because they are completely shut out of the process so a renegade outsider within the duopoly maybe what's needed to open eyes, maybe not today but tomorrow and for generations to come. The joke isn't trump the joke is that people actually think we have a functioning democracy in the US.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Trump was a disgrace to hear and watch. His supporters love that, but that will not help him gain anymore votes. He completely gave up on trying to sway moderates and went full bore into crazy town. He blew it.
  • JC29856 said:

mace1229 said:

JC29856 said:

Did everyone else's TV liar-meter explode when Hilliary said this tonight?
    I take classified materials very serious and always have.

She broke mine a long time ago. But she's perfected the art of dodging so she doesn't have to lie as much. Could t even answer the very first question that was from the audience.
    You can tell Trump won by the lack of responses here. Last debate the s was flooded with comments how Hilary kicked butt, now there more debate if she wore a pin or not than anything else.
    Only 3 posters headbang Hilliary and flood the comments. The entire who won who lost is total subjective non sense that can be dissected discussed at nauseum to further distract from the real issues, most of which were not addressed last night.
    Both debates have been about attacking each others character... I wish they would talk more about world issues than their issues.
  • dignin said:

Trump was a disgrace to hear and watch. His supporters love that, but that will not help him gain anymore votes. He completely gave up on trying to sway moderates and went full bore into crazy town. He blew it.

Come on man, blew it?
    What did you want him to do? Win?
    He is no further ahead but he still stands and will be on the ballot box in November no matter what he says next.
    Blew it? Ha
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,414

very well said. other than the putting Hillary in jail comment the next worst thing he said was that Hillary had real hate in her heart. What the hell was he talking about?

i watched some of the post debate stuff on cnn and cnbc and i honestly can't believe that any woman could say anything positive about this man. i mean to these women is the republican party that much important to them that they'd support this guy? it's mind boggling to me.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Two absolute crooked thugs debating eachother for the presidency. What a world. It feels like reality TV and not the highest office anymore.

these two make someone like George H W Bush look like George Washington.
  • Two absolute crooked thugs debating eachother for the presidency. What a world. It feels like reality TV and not the highest office anymore.

these two make someone like George H W Bush look like George Washington.

Maybe Americans need to rethink what the worlds highest office is?
    It is not a one country world anymore.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

The CNN poll showed Clinton won 57% Trump 33% , she held her own he did nothing to prove that's his fit to be president or bring new voters to his side .....

Yup. She held her own, took everything he threw at her, and is still standing. I think she did what she had to do last night.

It should have been her "Finish Him!" moment. First she got a softball first question lobbed to her and the mods were clearly on her side ... but she didn't finish him. She seemed incredulous that it wasn't happening.
    The mods were not "clearly on her side" that is just ridiculous.
    I think they definitely favored her. Her first question was asking about her being a role model. His first was about the 2005 video. That right there is a little lame. Come out with a hard question for both of them if you're going to do that.
    Only several occasions told him he could respond, but then cut him off after 10 seconds. Talked about his VP stance like a negative. They didn't stop her from going over her time until the end after Trump pointed it out. To me it seemed obvious they favored Clinton
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    mace1229 said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Yup. She held her own, took everything he threw at her, and is still standing. I think she did what she had to do last night.

It should have been her "Finish Him!" moment. First she got a softball first question lobbed to her and the mods were clearly on her side ... but she didn't finish him. She seemed incredulous that it wasn't happening.
    The mods were not "clearly on her side" that is just ridiculous.
    I think they definitely favored her. Her first question was asking about her being a role model. His first was about the 2005 video. That right there is a little lame. Come out with a hard question for both of them if you're going to do that.
    Only several occasions told him he could respond, but then cut him off after 10 seconds. Talked about his VP stance like a negative. They didn't stop her from going over her time until the end after Trump pointed it out. To me it seemed obvious they favored Clinton
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/2016-presidential-debate-speaking-times-229502

The moderators did their job. When Trump went to his canned bullshit that had nothing to do with the topic they cut him off like they should
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

He clearly "won" this debate. Again I have zero idea whether it helps him in anyway but it's a "win" amongst a change electorate.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    I'm paraphrasing, it has been all over the news...

Clinton, "it would be terrible to have someone like you in charge of the laws of the country".

Trump, "yeah, you'd be in jail".

#micdrop
    unsung said:

Clinton, "it would be terrible to have someone like you in charge of the laws of the country".

#micdrop

Interesting....you are the anti-government guy yet you get a kick out of this idiot stating that he would abuse his power if elected to office?

How do you reconcile that?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

unsung said:

#micdrop

Interesting....you are the anti-government guy yet you get a kick out of this idiot stating that he would abuse his power if elected to office?

That is not an abuse of power. Sorry. There are real crimes to be investigated. The fact that Hillary is running for president should not protect her from a thorough investigation by an independent special prosecuter. Laws are not just for the little people.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,123
    BS44325 said:

Finally watched it. I was honest when I said Trump was terrible in the first debate but last night he shredded her. Absolutely shredded her. I have zero idea whether it will matter but he owned that townhall.

You are delusional If you believe that , ,he was as incompetent as he has ever been at properly answering any of the ? Posed to him !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    BS44325 said:

unsung said:

#micdrop

That is not an abuse of power. Sorry. There are real crimes to be investigated. The fact that Hillary is running for president should not protect her from a thorough investigation by an independent special prosecuter. Laws are not just for the little people.
    You are ignorant. A President cannot do what he said....he could "suggest" that the Dept of Justice look into a special prosecutor but he couldn't do anything beyond that. Remember Nixon? There were procedures put in place to prevent this shit.

Well I'd guess he was getting at that there wouldn't be aby special meeting on the tarmac to discuss a "golf game" or "grandkids".

That's my guess anyway.

I know, keep making excuses for her.

BS44325 said:

unsung said:

#micdrop

You are ignorant. A President cannot do what he said....he could "suggest" that the Dept of Justice look into a special prosecutor but he couldn't do anything beyond that. Remember Nixon? There were procedures put in place to prevent this shit.
    The President also can't change immigration laws either but that hasn't stopped this guy.
    I thought Trump said he would get a special prosecutor and he said "you would in jail" not I'll put you in jail.
    He did. Don't let that get in the way of their story though.
    BS44325 said:

He clearly "won" this debate. Again I have zero idea whether it helps him in anyway but it's a "win" amongst a change electorate.
    Did we watch the same debate? All he did was mud sling. And done in such a way that he sounded like a middle schooler. He avoided talking policy at all costs, and when he was forced to, he embarassed himself. Hillary at least spoke about what she would do and how she would accomplish that. He pandered to his current base. A debate is to swing undecideds. He failed miserably on all fronts.

www.headstonesband.com

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    BS44325 said:

No. That is delusional.
    edited October 2016

BS44325 said:

Did we watch the same debate? All he did was mud sling. And done in such a way that he sounded like a middle schooler. He avoided talking policy at all costs, and when he was forced to, he embarassed himself. Hillary at least spoke about what she would do and how she would accomplish that. He pandered to his current base. A debate is to swing undecideds. He failed miserably on all fronts.
    I watched the same debate. Remember that I don't like him either but I know a debate win when I see it. People who hate him will not be able to see how he owned it from front to back but I agree that it may not have moved the middle. That question I cannot answer but what nobody else can't answer is if the middle is willing to move to her? Her "terribleness" was put on full display. He brought her down massively without necessarily elevating himself. People do not like her and will continue to not like her. She excites nobody and depresses many. How that changes polling/turnout is anybody's guess.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

BS44325 said:

Isn't this the drumpf policy platform....

Lying hillary
    Bill
    Crooked Hillary
    Bill
    She's the devil
    Bill
    Emails
    Bill
    Benghazi

Repeat
    unsung said:

He did. Don't let that get in the way of their story though.

There are 2 or 3 in these threads that hear things that aren't actually said. They also distort and distract by putting words in people mouths. Some even think they know why others think, telepathically.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I watched the same debate. Remember that I don't like him either but I know a debate win when I see it. People who hate him will not be able to see how he owned it from front to back but I agree that it may not have moved the middle. That question I cannot answer but what nobody else can't answer is if the middle is willing to move to her? Her "terribleness" was put on full display. He brought her down massively without necessarily elevating himself. People do not like her and will continue to not like her. She excites nobody and depresses many. How that changes polling/turnout is anybody's guess.
    sorry, I am fully capable of seeing debate win, and that wasn't even close to one. Maybe your definition of win is different than mine.

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I would agree that he won the debate among his base. Those people are ignorant enough to not know that he basically said nothing.

To me, as someone who has a pretty good grasp of the issues, he came across like a complete idiot. Clinton didn't do the greatest but based on who she had to debate I'm not sure we can really grade her.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    edited October 2016
    Watched it with my family while at my sister's for Canadian Thanksgiving day dinner. For the first 20 minutes or so we honestly all thought that Trump was doped up or something. The way he was fidgeting and pacing around and how he was speaking in that weird monotone voice... it was so strange. My 11 year old nephew asked "what is wrong with that guy?" :lol: And then he started with that bizarre stalking of Hillary move for the rest of it, looming behind her as she spoke, then wandering back around the stage. Plus he was barely making sense half the time, literally. It was like he was stringing random, unrelated sentences together at some points. Really, it seemed to all of us like he was on the brink of a nervous breakdown or something.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata