THE DEBATES 2016

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    Another argument is that if the voter fraud is done correctly, then they don't get caught so therefore there is really no accurate data.
    Personally I think that the potential for fraud is there, but the actual number of fraud votes that are cast are very small. Equally small are the number of people who would vote but are turned down because they don't have proper ID. Both cases would be essentially so small you could call them statistically non-existent
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    Anyone still hanging onto voter fraud is just plain ignorant. There isn't enough fraud to make a difference.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Right-wing website: check
    Right-wing think tank 'study': check
    Study written by right wing 'expert': check

You managed to hit all the boxes in one link! Now it's time to step out of the echo chamber.

Hans Anatol von Spakovsky had his Federal Election Commission nomination withdrawn for politicizing his nominally non-partisan office to an unprecedented degree and that he had consistently acted to disenfranchise poor and minority voters.

...so you'll excuse me if I take this with a tablespoon of salt...
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:
    Experts Raised Doubts About The Study's Methodology And Conclusion. Brown University political scientist Michael Tesler questioned the study's "methodological challenges," noting the possibility that non-citizens may have misreported their citizenship status. He pointed out that many self-reported non-citizens in 2012 reported being citizens in 2010, indicating a high rate of response error "which raises important doubts about their conclusions" Tesler also noted that a "number of academics and commentators have already expressed skepticism about that paper's assumptions and conclusions" which seem to be "tenuous at best." [The Washington Post, Monkey Cage, 10/27/14]

their opinion of the study ? so they have "doubts" ....well I have doubts as well.

Godfather.

edited October 2016

Anyone still hanging onto voter fraud is just plain ignorant. There isn't enough fraud to make a difference.

and the leftist has spoken !

Godfather.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476

couldn't it have been a deciding factor in florida in 2000?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Godfather.
    yeah whatever...the real fraud is being carried out by the state republicans trying to suppress the votes of minorities. You can't argue against that one.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115

Theoretically yes but in that case the fraud wasn't so much ineligible voters voting as it was a breakdown in counting the legitimate votes that were cast.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    JimmyV said:

Theoretically yes but in that case the fraud wasn't so much ineligible voters voting as it was a breakdown in counting the legitimate votes that were cast.
    yes, but if there were more than 600 illegal voters that voted for bush, that would have changed the presidency. not like illegals typically would vote red, but just saying.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

JimmyV said:

yes, but if there were more than 600 illegal voters that voted for bush, that would have changed the presidency. not like illegals typically would vote red, but just saying.
    Yeah it's certainly possible. But there is just no evidence of fraud on that scale.

Godfather.
    yeah whatever...the real fraud is being carried out by the state republicans trying to suppress the votes of minorities. You can't argue against that one.
    Illegal minorities ? I haven't heard any other info suppressing votes.

Godfather.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Godfather.

Godfather.

“Of course it’s political. Why else would you do it?” he said, explaining that Republicans, like any political party, want to protect their majority. While GOP lawmakers might have passed the law to suppress some voters, Wrenn said, that does not mean it was racist.
    “Look, if African Americans voted overwhelmingly Republican, they would have kept early voting right where it was,” Wrenn said. “It wasn’t about discriminating against African Americans. They just ended up in the middle of it because they vote Democrat.”
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Godfather.

Godfather.

The Brennan Center for Justice found that of the 11 states with the highest African American turnout in 2008, seven passed laws making it harder to vote. Of the 12 states with the largest Hispanic population growth in the 2010 Census, nine have new restrictions in place. And of the 15 states that used to be monitored closely under the Voting Rights Act because of a history of racial discrimination in elections, nine passed new restrictions.

....I know, I know....pointing out all these fancy facts and studies don't do any good if you don't have the critical thinking skills to digest them...
    sooooooo every American citizen still has the right to vote ? I have no doubt that left and right have shitty games they play but serious question here, what laws were passed to make it harder to vote ? picture I.D ?

Godfather.

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

The Brennan Center for Justice found that of the 11 states with the highest African American turnout in 2008, seven passed laws making it harder to vote. Of the 12 states with the largest Hispanic population growth in the 2010 Census, nine have new restrictions in place. And of the 15 states that used to be monitored closely under the Voting Rights Act because of a history of racial discrimination in elections, nine passed new restrictions.

....I know, I know....pointing out all these fancy facts and studies don't do any good if you don't have the critical thinking skills to digest them...
    I'll bet you're just a daisy of a person, you must have a lot of friends.......

Godfather.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

So you believe that considering and discussing facts about potentially discriminatory laws would make one less appealing to others? That explains so much.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

So you believe that considering and discussing facts about potentially discriminatory laws would make one less appealing to others? That explains so much.
    Just to be clear....coming on here and making a cogent argument backed up by reliable and verifiable facts and evidence causes a lot of confusion and frustration among some on here.

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Just to be clear....coming on here and making a cogent argument backed up by reliable and verifiable facts and evidence causes a lot of confusion and frustration among some on here.

where is your safe place ?

Godfather.

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Right here.

Where's yours?

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Right here.

Where's yours?
    I don't need one but I'm glad you found yours.

Godfather.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This whole safe place thing is becoming a really stupid cliche among these Trump folks...
    Hillary’s friendship as First Lady with former mentor Jean Houston ended after Bob Woodward revealed in a 1996 book that Houston helped Clinton hold imaginary conversations with her hero Eleanor Roosevelt. One of the conversations was taped and her critics called it “Wackygate.”

you can find the darndist things on the interweb.

Godfather.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Right here.

Where's yours?

Godfather.

Ooooh, Godfather, livin' on the edge. Keyboard warrior, don't need to stinkin' safe places.

Which is ridiculous, of course. All humans have a need for at least a safe base from which to go forth into the world, or to come back to. Remember all those refugees that you really don't want to come to the USA? You don't want them there because you don't feel safe with them there. And they want to come to the US because they want to escape war or oppression and find a place where they and their families can be safe.

#backtotediousconservativememes
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,381
    When is the final debate?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,381
    Smellyman said:
    I m sure that whole spectacle took way more energy and effort than merely answering the question. Thanks
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:
    I m sure that whole spectacle took way more energy and effort than merely answering the question. Thanks
    Yup. I am pooped

CM189191 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Right here.

Where's yours?

Godfather.

Ooooh, Godfather, livin' on the edge. Keyboard warrior, don't need to stinkin' safe places.

Which is ridiculous, of course. All humans have a need for at least a safe base from which to go forth into the world, or to come back to. Remember all those refugees that you really don't want to come to the USA? You don't want them there because you don't feel safe with them there. And they want to come to the US because they want to escape war or oppression and find a place where they and their families can be safe.

#backtotediousconservativememes
    I'm just having fun here....all the back n forth here is better than the whole race itself, If I was to spend all my time on a right wing
    forum agreeing with all the negative comments and info it would just be boring and when the race is over we can go back to other topics
    and besides we couldn't dream up a more entertaining race to talk about.

Godfather.