Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    unsung said:

Enough to stop the program until it is fixed.

How many have come from refugee programs?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Well, we just learned that DHS granted citizenship to 858 illegals with final deportation orders due to an "information gap", but don't worry about the refugees. They're being vetted by a number of different agencies including... oh, wait, DHS. And I'm sure those agencies all share info efficiently and there won't be any further information gaps.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Too many.

Quit asking stupid questions as if you know it isn't a problem. How did the Pulse shooter's family get here? Where's his wife at?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    jeffbr said:

Well, we just learned that DHS granted citizenship to 858 illegals with final deportation orders due to an "information gap", but don't worry about the refugees. They're being vetted by a number of different agencies including... oh, wait, DHS. And I'm sure those agencies all share info efficiently and there won't be any further information gaps.

But but but how many did bad things?
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Too many.

Quit asking stupid questions as if you know it isn't a problem. How did the Pulse shooter's family get here? Where's his wife at?
    No, quit making stupid comments as if refugees are the problem in the US. I believe his family immigrated here, not under refugee status, but I could be wrong. I am not aware of a single refugee committing one of these acts.

If you want to talk about general immigration, fine, but refugees have not been the problem and there is a significant difference.
  • Options

benjs said:

unsung said:

Clinton wants to increase importation of "refugee" muslims by 500%.

These attacks will only be a more common occurance.

Refugees in quotation marks... Do you refute the fact that they are refugees?
    many are useless POS...but they have probably been paid for long ago via the Clinton foundation.

Godfather.
    calling some refugees......"useless POS"? I am struggling for words right now. This is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen anyone type here. And that says a lot.
    There is a lot of fear, hate, and ignorance in the world.

And a surprising amount on here as well.

Namaste'
    There sure is. I am not defending the "useless POS" and skittle comments. But, when you refer to "fear", there actually is something to fear here. Look at the terrorists attacks that occurred in Paris, Belgium, Nice, San Bernardino, Orlando, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, etc....There is a legitimate reason for fear. The question is what the proper response is, but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true. Look at how terrorism has changed the world in the last 15 years. Certainly the West's response plays a role, but it has changed our lives in so many ways. If 100,000 refugees come to the USA there will be a terrorist among them, or one in the next generation. Some think that the collateral damage is fine, and others think that it is treasonous act. There is a middle ground but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true.
    He didn't say there isn't anything to fear. You can be afraid if you want, but fear shouldn't drive the response, and that's what you're seeing. Also, the fear is way out of proportion to the actual threat.
    So whose decision is it to sacrifice the lives of a nominal amount of USA citizens' lives in order to bring in 100,000 refugees where a couple will probably commit a terrorist attack at some point? I'm not saying we should completely shut the door, but lets be honest about this.
  • Options
    NONE OF YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE KILLED BY A TERRORIST!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733

benjs said:

unsung said:

many are useless POS...but they have probably been paid for long ago via the Clinton foundation.

Godfather.
    calling some refugees......"useless POS"? I am struggling for words right now. This is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen anyone type here. And that says a lot.

Namaste'
    There sure is. I am not defending the "useless POS" and skittle comments. But, when you refer to "fear", there actually is something to fear here. Look at the terrorists attacks that occurred in Paris, Belgium, Nice, San Bernardino, Orlando, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, etc....There is a legitimate reason for fear. The question is what the proper response is, but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true. Look at how terrorism has changed the world in the last 15 years. Certainly the West's response plays a role, but it has changed our lives in so many ways. If 100,000 refugees come to the USA there will be a terrorist among them, or one in the next generation. Some think that the collateral damage is fine, and others think that it is treasonous act. There is a middle ground but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true.
    He didn't say there isn't anything to fear. You can be afraid if you want, but fear shouldn't drive the response, and that's what you're seeing. Also, the fear is way out of proportion to the actual threat.
    So whose decision is it to sacrifice the lives of a nominal amount of USA citizens' lives in order to bring in 100,000 refugees where a couple will probably commit a terrorist attack at some point? I'm not saying we should completely shut the door, but lets be honest about this.
    First define the problem regarding terrorist refugees. Than improve the vetting if it's a concern. For the American's that are concerned, I suggest having fear in proportion to other risks that kill people, and encourage that something be done about that, as well (I mentioned driving earlier as something far more dangerous and worthy of intervention and concern).
  • Options

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Namaste'
    Let's be honest about it. How many refugees in the US have committed a terrorist act? Refugees, not immigrants...
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

I don't think GF was calling all refugees 'useless POS'.

I believe he was calling the evil ones among them 'useless POS'.

Agreed ... no need to read into GF comments too much, I agree the radical Muslims coming here with bad intentions are evil pos.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Thank you for the guarantee, I'm sure some here will sleep better at night with that guarantee...

Who on here feels threatened by terrorist?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

Oh. Okay. Pshew!

No need for any concern whatsoever.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

that's correct.

Godfather.

• Options
    There is a list of about 345893485039458039453489703845348 other things that should be more concerning to your every day life than terrorism....
  • Options

unsung said:

How many of these attacks that have occurred in the US have been done by "foreign" muslims?
    or born of foreign muslims and raised as muslims ?
    this problem won't fix itself.

Godfather.

• Options

Oh. Okay. Pshew!

Your concern should be relative to the risk.
  • Options

Oh. Okay. Pshew!

Yes
  • Options

that's correct.

Godfather.

So to clarify, you meant "most" of the evil ones are pos's, and some of the evil ones are not?
  • Options

There is a list of about 345893485039458039453489703845348 other things that should be more concerning to your every day life than terrorism....

And that's government alone...
  • Options

Except the Americans that have, or do we not count them?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    unsung said:

How many Americans die each year from lax regulations? My guess is that it is more than terrorist killings.

Maybe you should change your priorities.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

BUT I'M SCARED!!! YOU CAN'T QUANTIFY HOW SCARED I AM!!

that's correct.

Godfather.

Ah yes.

Please, don't be PC....don't hold back....be like Trump and tell it like it is!

• Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Sure, we can, and if we count that number and compare it to everything else that could kill us, terrorism would be well down our list of concerns and priorities...
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Syrians gaining refugee status is the most difficult method to enter the US. It would be easier to fly to South America and make your way up. If your goal is to infiltrate the US than attempting to do it as a Syrian refugee is a waste of time. Europe is slightly different because of the border problems.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    edited September 2016
    http://www.aol.com/article/2016/09/19/msnbc-host-under-fire-for-comment-on-new-york-bombing/21475252/

so why is what this guy said an issue? he is correct. no one died in this but surely spme or many would have if a guy and/or assault weapon was used
  • Options

that's correct.

Godfather.

So to clarify, you meant "most" of the evil ones are pos's, and some of the evil ones are not?
    are you an evil muslim ? it sounds as though I've hurt your feelings, let me get my violin out for you.

Godfather.

• Options

Oh. Okay. Pshew!

So wait until it's a real significant problem before being concerned about it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Syrians gaining refugee status is the most difficult method to enter the US. It would be easier to fly to South America and make your way up. If your goal is to infiltrate the US than attempting to do it as a Syrian refugee is a waste of time. Europe is slightly different because of the border problems.

This. People don't seem to understand this.

I again ask, how many refugees committed terrorist acts? No one has named one yet.
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/20/accused-new-york-new-jersey-bomber-made-several-trips-to-afghanistan-pakistan-prior-to-attacks.html

Ahmad Khan Rahami's father, Mohammad, spoke to reporters outside his home in Elizabeth, N.J. "Two years I called the FBI, my son, he's doing very bad, OK? But they check it almost two months... They say he's not a terrorist. I said, 'OK.' Now they say he is a terrorist. I say, 'OK.'"
  • Options

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Namaste'
    Let's be honest about it. How many refugees in the US have committed a terrorist act? Refugees, not immigrants...
    Europe is having problems with the second and third generations. The US terrorist acts have been second and third generation. You say it is isn't an act committed by an immigrant, but you completely ignore that the second and third generation can't commit a terrorist act if their parents didn't immigrate. This is why assimilation is so important, because Europe has found that even though someone is born in France that doesn't mean they put France above Syria or Afghanistan. This isn't just about the person immigrating now, but what happens generations down the line. Hopefully we will not be as fractured as Europe is now.