Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options

unsung said:

Anytime anyone argues crime statistics in big cities race gets brought up and every time someone does that they get called racist. Now if you talk that way of refugees you're a bigot.

It's perfect for a nice rolleyes meme.

completely incorrect. I have often stated that the crime, in Winnipeg for example, is generally perpetuated by aboriginals. that is fact.

what isn't a fact, and what gets someone the label of racist or bigot or just plain ignorant, is blaming the problem on aboriginals.

it's a systemic issue of racial oppression over generations.

you decide which category you fall into.
    True.

And I wish to say that pointing fingers at the point of the problem is rarely helpful. It's the exact situation in the US with their policing situation: never mention of how complicit everyone is pitting impoverished black people against cops. Just finger wagging at cops while oblivious to their level of culpability.

I'm not saying cops have not acted poorly at times. I'm saying the situation they find themselves fighting crimes they are deployed to fight in is unforgiving and one they can rarely succeed in.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574

unsung said:

Maybe we don't want our small towns dynamically changed.

Maybe they aren't going to be...

Seriously though, you should welcome some Halal grub into your towns, it's delicious...
    I had some awesome Halal Shawarma this past weekend in Corona Del Mar YUM :hang_loose:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894

unsung said:

Maybe we don't want our small towns dynamically changed.

Maybe they aren't going to be...

Seriously though, you should welcome some Halal grub into your towns, it's delicious...
    I had some awesome Halal Shawarma this past weekend in Corona Del Mar YUM :hang_loose:
    Shawarma is the SHIT.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

I don't think GF was calling all refugees 'useless POS'.

I believe he was calling the evil ones among them 'useless POS'.

that's correct.

Godfather.

So to clarify, you meant "most" of the evil ones are pos's, and some of the evil ones are not?
    are you an evil muslim ? it sounds as though I've hurt your feelings, let me get my violin out for you.

Godfather.

Nice try. I just pointing out another bigoted comment you made in here, and now you're trying to backpedal out of it.
    how so ?
    try ?.....my ass ! that was home run !

Godfather.

How so? When you said "most" are pos's, the subject was refugees, not terrorists. And no, you didn't hurt my feelings.
    yes I did say "most" and maybe wrong but maybe not can you disprove my statement ? according to several news sources they have been a problem everywhere they show up, I'm sure I could find a few links to prove that.

Godfather.

• Options

unsung said:

Clinton wants to increase importation of "refugee" muslims by 500%.

These attacks will only be a more common occurance.

How many of these attacks that have occurred in the US have been done by "foreign" muslims?
    or born of foreign muslims and raised as muslims ?
    this problem won't fix itself.

Godfather.

So you're saying it's a Muslim problem?

My point is refugees aren't the problems.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706

that's correct.

Godfather.

So to clarify, you meant "most" of the evil ones are pos's, and some of the evil ones are not?
    are you an evil muslim ? it sounds as though I've hurt your feelings, let me get my violin out for you.

Godfather.

Nice try. I just pointing out another bigoted comment you made in here, and now you're trying to backpedal out of it.
    how so ?

Godfather.

How so? When you said "most" are pos's, the subject was refugees, not terrorists. And no, you didn't hurt my feelings.
    yes I did say "most" and maybe wrong but maybe not can you disprove my statement ? according to several news sources they have been a problem everywhere they show up, I'm sure I could find a few links to prove that.

Godfather.

Yes, please link your sources that say most refugees are pieces of shit.
  • Options

unsung said:

Clinton wants to increase importation of "refugee" muslims by 500%.

These attacks will only be a more common occurance.

How many of these attacks that have occurred in the US have been done by "foreign" muslims?
    or born of foreign muslims and raised as muslims ?
    this problem won't fix itself.

Godfather.

So you're saying it's a Muslim problem?

My point is refugees aren't the problems.
    so far yes it seems a muslim problem, I would guess that there are muslims who just want to live and let live
    but too often these attacks are in the name of islam and that creates a huge media following and draws more attention to that
    faith than it probably wants but with groups of American muslims demanding shira law or other things really paints an ugly picture
    over all.

Godfather.

• Options
    are you saying the refugees are or are not muslims ?
  • Options

What I said is pretty clear. You're referring to refugees who are Muslim, and you said you had links to back up that most are pieces of shit.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

What I said is pretty clear. You're referring to refugees who are Muslim, and you said you had links to back up that most are pieces of shit.
    clear as mud man, I said I could probably find some links about the problems they create and I still bet I could but you'll have to wait
    I'm tired and need to hit it, good night.

Godfather.

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,957
    one hour ago:
    NEW YORK — Federal charges have been filed against Ahmad Khan Rahami, the Elizabeth man suspected of planting bombs in New York and New Jersey.

Rahami, 28, is charged with using weapons of mass destruction, bombing, destruction of property, and use of a destructive device in the New York incidents, according to the complaint filed by the Southern District of New York.

A federal law enforcement source tells NJ Advance Media that the U.S. District Court in New Jersey will file charges in the Seaside and Elizabeth bomb-plantings shortly.
    According to the complaint, a family member of Rahami had a cell phone video of him igniting an explosive in the immediate vicinity of his Elizabeth home. The video was taken two days before the Chelsea bombing, the complaint says.

"The video depicts Rahami in a backyard ... the lighting of the fuse, a loud noise and flames, followed by billowing smoke and laughter," the complaint says.

The complaint also says Rahami bought several bomb components on eBay.

Rahami, a naturalized citizen from Afghanistan who was living in Elizabeth, was captured in Linden after a shoot-out with police. He has been charged with five counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer in Union County.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

that's correct.

Godfather.

Godfather.

how so ?

Godfather.

Godfather.

disprove your statement that most refugees are pieces of shit? are you kidding me?

disprove to me that statements like these are from an ignorant, bigoted point of view.

queue up the obligatory "man, I must have gotten under your skin! HAHAHAHA!" deflection response so you don't have to embarrass yourself any further. Today.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ok so Rahami bought most of his bomb making ingredients thru the Internet on eBay and so on , so how do you go about stopping these kinds of purchases ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    CNN: DOES BOMBING SUSPECT DESERVE DUE PROCESS?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

when treason is involved I'd say no.

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

It's amazing how some people are so gung ho America then want to abandon everything it stands for.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,491
    edited September 2016

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Gf, that has to be the craziest thing you've written all day. :smile: Why would that ever be okay?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Gf, that has to be the craziest thing you've written all day. :smile: Why would that ever be okay?
    and the day just started ! but really I wonder how many terrorist are detained without legal representation ? but yeah that was a bad choice of words maybe I should have said terrorism, and really I do understand that the legal process is there for a reason and to actually help
    but also as an old (passed away) friend told me once "you really don't have any rights until you are arrested"

Godfather.

• Options
    JC29856 said:

under the patriot act does he have a choice?
  • Options
    yikes!
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/wealth-clues-led-quick-arrest-suspected-bomber-055413195.html
    Bombing Suspect Wanted to be a Martyr

NEW YORK (AP) -- He bought bomb ingredients on eBay and recorded a mirthful video of himself igniting a blast in a backyard. In a handwritten journal, he warned that bombs would resound in the streets and prayed he'd be martyred rather than caught, authorities say.

Ahmad Khan Rahami's jihad journal ended with a stark message, according to court papers:

"Death to your oppression."

Federal court complaints filed Tuesday gave a chilling glimpse into what authorities say motivated the Afghan-born U.S. citizen to set off explosives last weekend in New York City and New Jersey, including a bomb that injured 31 people in Manhattan. The blasts came two years after the FBI looked into him but came up with nothing tying him to terrorism.

Rahami remains hospitalized with gunshot wounds from a shootout with police that led to his capture Monday outside a bar in Linden, New Jersey. It wasn't immediately clear whether he had a lawyer who could comment on the charges against him, which include federal terror crimes and state charges of attempting to murder police officers.

Rahami ordered citric acid, ball bearings and electronic igniters on eBay and had them delivered to a Perth Amboy, New Jersey, business where he worked until Sept. 12, the court complaints said. San Jose, California-based eBay Inc. noted that the products are legal and widely available and said the company had worked with law enforcement on the investigation.

Just two days before Saturday's bombings, a relative's cell phone recorded Rahami igniting incendiary material in a cylinder buried in a backyard, the fuse being lighted, a loud noise and flames, "followed by billowing smoke and laughter," the complaints said.

And the complaints said in his bloodied journal — damaged by shots from his gun battle with police — he fumed that the U.S. government was slaughtering Muslim holy warriors and alluded to plans for revenge.

One portion expressed concern at the prospect of being caught before being able to carry out a suicide attack and the desire to be a martyr. Another section included a reference to "pipe bombs" and a "pressure cooker bomb" and declared: "In the streets they plan to run a mile," an apparent reference to one of the blast sites, a charity run in Seaside Park, New Jersey.

"The sounds of bombs will be heard in the streets," the journal declared.

There also were laudatory references to Osama bin Laden, Anwar al-Awlaki — the American-born Muslim cleric who was killed in a 2011 drone strike and whose preaching has inspired other acts of violence — and Nidal Hasan, the former Army officer who went on a deadly shooting rampage in 2009 at Fort Hood, Texas, the complaints said.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

and the day just started ! but really I wonder how many terrorist are detained without legal representation ? but yeah that was a bad choice of words maybe I should have said terrorism, and really I do understand that the legal process is there for a reason and to actually help
    but also as an old (passed away) friend told me once "you really don't have any rights until you are arrested"

Godfather.

Never really thought that way, but that makes sense to me. Due process is not a right to take for granted.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

It's amazing how some people are so gung ho America then want to abandon everything it stands for.
    hypocrisy abounds!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

under the patriot act does he have a choice?
    He absolutely deserves it, but like you said, I think the patriot act can be applied.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

kind of like when people want to alter or abolish the 2nd amendment? ;)
  • Options
    hypocrisy abounds!!
    HAHHAHHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

hypocrisy abounds!!
    Sometimes, I wish I were dead. No wait. Not me- you.
    (Jack Handy)
    mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Freaking Scruffy. He did a good one aaaannd... tossed in a winkie for good measure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Touche.

Though I am not opposed to changing things, because you know, things have changed over time. The right to due process is not one of those things.

Quite ironic that the same people who say you can't touch the 2nd amendment say you can throw due process in the trash can, no?
  • Options

hypocrisy abounds!!
    HAHHAHHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!

Godfather.

Anything of value to add here? No? Didn't think so.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Touche.

Though I am not opposed to changing things, because you know, things have changed over time. The right to due process is not one of those things.

Quite ironic that the same people who say you can't touch the 2nd amendment say you can throw due process in the trash can, no?
    absolutely correct!
    due process is definitely a must but the patriot act throws a monkey wrench into it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

So an abortion clinic getting egged is the same as the Boston Marathon?

Define attacked if I'm reading you wrong here please.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

None of those acts listed are clinics that are getting "egged"
    Seriously Thirty, weird post. Why did you relate the word terrorism to egging something?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata