Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    edited September 2016
    Jason P said:

dignin said:

Jason P said:

And the fact that Clinton supporters will blindly defend the dumbass idiots who kill random people is putting this country in great danger of being run by a clown. Clown doesn't have to do shit. Clown just needs to sit back and watch the left combust.

Wait? Who died?
    Don't mock that we got very lucky because this guy was incompetent.

Shall we go to the most recent U.S. or earth massacre? How about the LBGT community that was slaughtered in Florida?
    You sound like an extremist yourself. You think Clinton supporters defend terrorists/mass murderers? And you think it's the left that is combusting while the GOP is imploding over Trump? It seems like you are really seriously biased, to the point where you're not seeing anything clearly. You may need to calm down first, and then try thinking critically.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    lukin2006 said:

NONE OF YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE KILLED BY A TERRORIST!

Thank you for the guarantee, I'm sure some here will sleep better at night with that guarantee...

Who on here feels threatened by terrorist?
    It's not a mathematical impossibility, but I am a hell of a lot more concerned about a long list of other things. For example, I am much more scared of crossing the street than I am of being attacked by a terrorist. I am also more worried about tainted food, being in a car, walking outside when it's windy out, going down a flight of stairs, walking alone at night ... and I am not very worried at all about any of those things. Why should I be? The odds of being hurt or killed doing any of those things are too low for it to cause me any anxiety... yet my chances of dying doing any of those things are higher than my chances of being victim to terrorism. So I'm not about to waste my energy being worried about that either. I am cautious enough that I would react to something suspicious. A suspicious bag or whatever would draw my attention, for example. But I am not worried about it, nor suspicious of every Muslim I see, since I'm not a bigoted fool.

Of course I very much support intelligence authorities being vigilant about tracking down terrorists or potential terrorists and trying to prevent such acts.... just as long as they don't trample all over innocent people's rights while they're at it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

NONE OF YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE KILLED BY A TERRORIST!

Thank you for the guarantee, I'm sure some here will sleep better at night with that guarantee...

Who on here feels threatened by terrorist?
    It's not a mathematical impossibility, but I am a hell of a lot more concerned about a long list of other things. For example, I am much more scared of crossing the street than I am of being attacked by a terrorist. I am also more worried about tainted food, being in a car, walking outside when it's windy out, going down a flight of stairs, walking alone at night ... and I am not very worried at all about any of those things. Why should I be? The odds of being hurt or killed doing any of those things are too low for it to cause me any anxiety... yet my chances of dying doing any of those things are higher than my chances of being victim to terrorism. So I'm not about to waste my energy being worried about that either. I am cautious enough that I would react to something suspicious. A suspicious bag or whatever would draw my attention, for example. But I am not worried about it, nor suspicious of every Muslim I see, since I'm not a bigoted fool.

Of course I very much support intelligence authorities being vigilant about tracking down terrorists or potential terrorists and trying to prevent such acts.... just as long as they don't trample all over innocent people's rights while they're at it.
    Agreed ... we have many more things that can cause us harm. I never give death at the hands of a terrorist much thought when it comes to my personal safety. But I'm sure some people it does bother...

But I do want my government and those in charge to remain vigilante...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

CNN: DOES BOMBING SUSPECT DESERVE DUE PROCESS?

when treason is involved I'd say no.

Godfather.

It's amazing how some people are so gung ho America then want to abandon everything it stands for.
    kind of like when people want to alter or abolish the 2nd amendment? ;)
    I don't think it should be changed from the current rights it provides the militia.

I often see the people who claim to love the U.S. the most are the first to want to go North Korean on other people.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

So an abortion clinic getting egged is the same as the Boston Marathon?

Define attacked if I'm reading you wrong here please.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

None of those acts listed are clinics that are getting "egged"
    Seriously Thirty, weird post. Why did you relate the word terrorism to egging something?
    Not weird at all Ms. Hypocrisy.

The abortion clinic 'attacks' are hardly comparable to the terrorist attacks we currently witness (like some are seeming to suggest).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

Seriously Thirty, weird post. Why did you relate the word terrorism to egging something?

The abortion clinic 'attacks' are hardly comparable to the terrorist attacks we currently witness (like some are seeming to suggest).
    Why are you calling me Ms. Hypocrisy??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Why are you calling me Ms. Hypocrisy??
    A little dig from our last exchange.

I'm just goofing around with you.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

If you say religion is a motivation for terrorism, then they're totally comparable.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

If you say religion is a motivation for terrorism, then they're totally comparable.
    I'm saying the degree of violence are incomparable.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

How so? Are you thinking about how many are hurt or killed? Is that actually relevant in this context? I would have thought motivation and intent would be the relevant factors.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

hypocrisy abounds!!
    HAHHAHHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!

Godfather.

Anything of value to add here? No? Didn't think so.
    my stomach hurts from laughing....no sir, nothing to add you've done a fine job !

Godfather.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Degree of violence? What's the difference between a bomb exploding in an abortion clinic as opposed to a dumpster on the street? I think you're missing my point. Which is there have been more attacks on US soil from radical Christians than radical islam. I didn't compare body counts. If that's what you're meaning.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Degree of violence? What's the difference between a bomb exploding in an abortion clinic as opposed to a dumpster on the street? I think you're missing my point. Which is there have been more attacks on US soil from radical Christians than radical islam. I didn't compare body counts. If that's what you're meaning.
    Blowing up people is different than blowing up empty buildings.

Dontcha think?
  • Options
    What if a so called Muslim extremist blows up an abortion clinic? No biggie?
  • Options

What if a so called Muslim extremist blows up an abortion clinic? No biggie?

Blowing up anything is a biggie, but with regards to who plants the bomb and detonates it... there's no difference in my mind.
  • Options
    so...they're calling to charge this muslim terrorist as an enemy combatant ? AWESOME !

Godfather.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617
    edited September 2016

so...they're calling to charge this muslim terrorist as an enemy combatant ? AWESOME !

Godfather.

For one, it's not going to happen.

And two, so it's awesome to change the foundation of what this country was built on because some idiot blew up a dumpster?

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lindsey-graham-wants-to-destroy-america-1786824584
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Make people afraid and they'll excitedly give up their rights.
  • Options

Make people afraid and they'll excitedly give up their rights.

Or appeal to their common sense: kind of like in the great gun debate.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,957
    edited September 2016
    serious question here: I see on Facebook a lot of people I went to high school with (I was the minority in my high school if that makes sense) are up in arms because the guy who set out pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs somehow lived in a police shoot out. However black people are constantly being gun downed when they are unarmed. the same people are suggesting this guy is white. are muslims considered "white"? like I said, legit question.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

under the patriot act does he have a choice?
    He absolutely deserves it, but like you said, I think the patriot act can be applied.
    It's actually NDAA 2012, Obama signed it into law.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

when treason is involved I'd say no.

Godfather.

It's amazing how some people are so gung ho America then want to abandon everything it stands for.
    kind of like when people want to alter or abolish the 2nd amendment? ;)
    Yep, just like that.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

serious question here: I see on Facebook a lot of people I went to high school with (I was the minority in my high school if that makes sense) are up in arms because the guy who set out pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs someone how lived in a police shoot out but black people are constantly being gun downed when they are unarmed. the same people are suggesting this guy is white. are muslims considered "white"? like I said, legit question.

I typically hear middle eastern people referred to as 'brown' (that's how they refer to each other as well... at least my friends who are of middle eastern descent anyways).
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
  • Options
    unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

under the patriot act does he have a choice?
    He absolutely deserves it, but like you said, I think the patriot act can be applied.
    It's actually NDAA 2012, Obama signed it into law.
    They both have elements violating due process.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Dontcha think?
    So Christian terrorist have morals?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Godfather.

And two, so it's awesome to change the foundation of what this country was built on because some idiot blew up a dumpster?

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lindsey-graham-wants-to-destroy-america-1786824584
    as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy
    an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights as an American, (the ol' stand by) go to a muslim
    country and tell them you demand your human rights and freedom of religion.

Godfather.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942

Godfather.

as soon as anybody joins the side of our enemies they are no longer Americans and should be treated as an enemy
    an to me that means no state or federally funded lawyers and no rights as an American, (the ol' stand by) go to a muslim
    country and tell them you demand your human rights and freedom of religion.

Godfather.

So you criticize Islamic countries for their lack of human rights and morality, then you propose that they should be a benchmark on how to treat enemy actors? Which is it - are they a strong role model for rule of law, or despicable? You don't get to have it both ways.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

Dontcha think?
    So Christian terrorist have morals?
    No,

But blowing up a building contrary to your beliefs is different than blowing up random people in the streets.

You obviously think they are the same. Too bad.