Options

pipe bomb explodes at military race in new jersey and now a bomb explodes in nyc

Comments

• Options
    Jason P said:

And the fact that Clinton supporters will blindly defend the dumbass idiots who kill random people is putting this country in great danger of being run by a clown. Clown doesn't have to do shit. Clown just needs to sit back and watch the left combust.

What? Are you in the right thread?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    dignin said:

Jason P said:

And the fact that Clinton supporters will blindly defend the dumbass idiots who kill random people is putting this country in great danger of being run by a clown. Clown doesn't have to do shit. Clown just needs to sit back and watch the left combust.

Wait? Who died?
    Don't mock that we got very lucky because this guy was incompetent.

Shall we go to the most recent U.S. or earth massacre? How about the LBGT community that was slaughtered in Florida?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Jason P said:

dignin said:

Jason P said:

Wait? Who died?
    Don't mock that we got very lucky because this guy was incompetent.

Shall we go to the most recent U.S. or earth massacre? How about the LBGT community that was slaughtered in Florida?
    How about stop moving the goal post? You are running free and loose with the facts.....kinda like that clown you talk about. If you want to talk about those other attacks, there are long threads about them already, go there.

• Options

The number of attacks on abortion clinics far exceeded the number of radical muslim attacked in this country

Lol.

So an abortion clinic getting egged is the same as the Boston Marathon?

Define attacked if I'm reading you wrong here please.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

None of those acts listed are clinics that are getting "egged"
    11 murders since 1990.

It seems as if the radical Christians are targeting facilities- having at least a minimal respect for human life (not that I'm condoning their idiocy).

As I said... birthday parties to the Holocaust. It's not even close.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

are we still thinking this attack was by an ex boyfriend?

I don't understand how people can be so brainwashed or whatever to not 99% know right away this was a terrorist act by someone of middle eastern descent. That doesn't mean that you think all middle eastern people are terrorist if you think that. It just means you are being realistic and not looking on with politically correct blinders.
    What's more brainwashed, assuming you know the motive and that there was terrorist influence involved, or holding judgment until there's more information? You're following a narrative that you're being fed. It doesn't have anything to do with political correctness. When a white guy sets off a pipe bomb, what's your reaction?
    when's the last time a white guy set off a pipe bomb? atlanta olympics 96?
    Dylan roof, Robert Doggart,Robert Lewis Dear, the Hutaree Christian militia
    dylan roof was a murderer, white supremacist and neo nazi.
    bob doggart didn't kill anyone
    rober lewis dear was legit crazy: The judge ordered a mental competency evaluation to assess whether Dear is sufficiently competent to exercise his right to do so. Following subsequent evaluations that determined Dear to be delusional, the judge in the case ruled in May 2016 that Dear was incompetent to stand trial and ordered him indefinitely confined to a Colorado state mental hospital.

The Hutaree Christina militia is domestic terrorism plain and simple.

christianity is not at war with us, a section of the muslim religion is. religion of peace my ass.
    White supremacy is a belief based on Christianity. Almost every single abortion clinic that has been bombed or attacked has been a result of Christian terrorism. There have been more abortion clinics bombed in this country than there has been "radical muslin terrorism"
    From a NY Times article in November 2015 there have been 11 deaths of abortion providers. Terrible. Shouldn't happen.

But, the number killed in Orlando dwarfs that number. What about the thousands that died on 9/11? What about all of the dysfunction in the Middle East due to different religious sects? You cannot compare some fringe anti-abortion advocates and the horrific acts they have done with global terrorism from radical Muslim terrorists. There is no comparison. This is why everyone in the Middle East wants to flock to Europe and North America. Historically Christian nations that are supposed to be safe from terrorism. They'll trade living in Syria or Afghanistan with having a .00000001% change of getting killed by a Christian extremist every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It is laughable and sad that people are trying to compare to put Christianity in the same light as Islam.
    11 deaths in what period of time?
    From 1993. 23 years.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,969

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I don't understand how people can be so brainwashed or whatever to not 99% know right away this was a terrorist act by someone of middle eastern descent. That doesn't mean that you think all middle eastern people are terrorist if you think that. It just means you are being realistic and not looking on with politically correct blinders.
    What's more brainwashed, assuming you know the motive and that there was terrorist influence involved, or holding judgment until there's more information? You're following a narrative that you're being fed. It doesn't have anything to do with political correctness. When a white guy sets off a pipe bomb, what's your reaction?
    when's the last time a white guy set off a pipe bomb? atlanta olympics 96?
    Dylan roof, Robert Doggart,Robert Lewis Dear, the Hutaree Christian militia
    dylan roof was a murderer, white supremacist and neo nazi.
    bob doggart didn't kill anyone
    rober lewis dear was legit crazy: The judge ordered a mental competency evaluation to assess whether Dear is sufficiently competent to exercise his right to do so. Following subsequent evaluations that determined Dear to be delusional, the judge in the case ruled in May 2016 that Dear was incompetent to stand trial and ordered him indefinitely confined to a Colorado state mental hospital.

The Hutaree Christina militia is domestic terrorism plain and simple.

christianity is not at war with us, a section of the muslim religion is. religion of peace my ass.
    White supremacy is a belief based on Christianity. Almost every single abortion clinic that has been bombed or attacked has been a result of Christian terrorism. There have been more abortion clinics bombed in this country than there has been "radical muslin terrorism"
    From a NY Times article in November 2015 there have been 11 deaths of abortion providers. Terrible. Shouldn't happen.

But, the number killed in Orlando dwarfs that number. What about the thousands that died on 9/11? What about all of the dysfunction in the Middle East due to different religious sects? You cannot compare some fringe anti-abortion advocates and the horrific acts they have done with global terrorism from radical Muslim terrorists. There is no comparison. This is why everyone in the Middle East wants to flock to Europe and North America. Historically Christian nations that are supposed to be safe from terrorism. They'll trade living in Syria or Afghanistan with having a .00000001% change of getting killed by a Christian extremist every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It is laughable and sad that people are trying to compare to put Christianity in the same light as Islam.
    11 deaths in what period of time?
    From 1993. 23 years.
    93, the year the wtc was attacked. Another crappy day.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,969
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

mcgruff10 said:

I agree with this. Most modern terrorist acts in this part of the world are at the hands of radicalized Islamic extremists. That does not mean that I think that most Muslims are terrorists by any stretch, nor that all Muslims should suffer restrictions because of radicalized Islamic extremists. It means I can extrapolate highly likely scenarios when there's enough data to suggest a recurrence. That being said, I don't think mcgruff10 was being serious (but he/she can correct me if I'm mistaken).
    No, I think McGruff10 was joking about some earlier comments in the thread.

I just wonder about people who don't want to accept the problem. People that think Christian extremists are a problem compared to Islamic extremists. One side holds inappropriate signs up a funerals and the other chops peoples' heads off and burns people alive. There is no comparison, but this politically correct brainwashing forces them to rationalize one set of deplorable behavior with other behavior that is not even remotely as bad.
    So when Christian extremists kill in the name of God, what do you call it?
    What are some recent examples of Christian extremists killing people? You are going to need a lot more than four or 5 in the last 10 years to remotely come closer to making this a real argument.
    Have you checked out the stats on White Supremacist murders and crimes lately? I suggest you look into it before you claim that Christian extremists never kill people (since you apparently forgot about the Charlestown Church shooting already. Remember, one of the tenants of White Supremacists is to keep America white and Christian).
    Again, I don't say stuff like this because I'm "brainwashed to be PC" (that is a premise, btw, that I think comes from brainwashing itself). I don't say it to minimize the threat of Islamic terrorism in America (even though that threat is ridiculously over-exaggerated - that's a matter of fact, not opinion). I say it because it's fucking stupid to just automatically assume that an event is caused by a radical Muslim before knowing the facts and to start throwing out accusations and inflammatory rhetoric without knowing a damn thing yet. Just wait for the damn facts. That's it. It's easy. Once you get the facts and it's a fanatical Muslim who committed terrorism, go nuts complaining about that person or group of people. They deserve all the resentment and anger people can throw at them obviously, not to mention police and military wrath. But to just automatically throw the blame on Muslims without the facts causes innocent, good people to suffer. It just does. It contributes to the hate. Same thing would happen for Christians if everyone just assumed that fanatical Christians were responsible for every act of terror. Or just plain old white people, for that matter, who I'm pretty sure still win when it comes to the most act of terror in America.
    Great post. Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I would just like to add that there are a lot of afraid people here on this thread....I find it interesting that these are the same people who are very pro gun. Scared folks love their guns.
    Afraid? No.
    I realize that there are lots of bad people in this world who want to cause a lot of people harm. I have certain firearms to protect my family.
    Get your head out of the sand.
    Yes. Afraid.

I don't have a gun at home and I sleep just fine, and I'm not remotely afraid of getting killed in a terrorist attack. That's not because I have my head in the sand, that's because I understand simple math. You should give it a try.
    not afraid just aware of my surroundings. Big difference.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minnesota-restaurant-owner-defends-muslims-get-out-sign/

MINNEAPOLIS — A Minnesota restaurant owner upset over what happened in St. Cloud posted a controversial sign Monday morning.

The sign outside Treats Family Restaurant in Lonsdale, Minnesota, reads “Muslims Get Out.” A second line reads “In Support Of St. Cloud,” reports CBS Minnesota.

On Saturday, a man stabbed several people at a St. Cloud mall, allegedly asking victims if they were Muslim before attacking them.

Restaurant owner Dan Ruedinger says the sign has led to some backlash, but he says business is up so much that he had to call in three extra workers Monday.

“It’s time that people started standing up, not worrying about the PC crowd and do what is right,” Ruedinger said. “And I feel what we’re doing is right. We are not targeting the Muslims in general, just the extremists. And that’s all I can say. It’s my right and I’m going to stand up, and I wish more people would do it.”

Payten Estepp was part of a group protesting the sign Monday night.

“I get it, it’s his right to say what he wants to say,” Estepp said. “But that’s giving Lonsdale a bad rap to everyone that drives by on 19, which is a very busy road, so people are going to see that and they’re going to think Lonsdale as a whole, as a community, is as crass as that sign.”

Ruedinger says he has no plans to take down or change the sign.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Clinton wants to increase importation of "refugee" muslims by 500%.

These attacks will only be a more common occurance.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,036

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minnesota-restaurant-owner-defends-muslims-get-out-sign/

MINNEAPOLIS — A Minnesota restaurant owner upset over what happened in St. Cloud posted a controversial sign Monday morning.

The sign outside Treats Family Restaurant in Lonsdale, Minnesota, reads “Muslims Get Out.” A second line reads “In Support Of St. Cloud,” reports CBS Minnesota.

On Saturday, a man stabbed several people at a St. Cloud mall, allegedly asking victims if they were Muslim before attacking them.

Restaurant owner Dan Ruedinger says the sign has led to some backlash, but he says business is up so much that he had to call in three extra workers Monday.

“It’s time that people started standing up, not worrying about the PC crowd and do what is right,” Ruedinger said. “And I feel what we’re doing is right. We are not targeting the Muslims in general, just the extremists. And that’s all I can say. It’s my right and I’m going to stand up, and I wish more people would do it.”

“I get it, it’s his right to say what he wants to say,” Estepp said. “But that’s giving Lonsdale a bad rap to everyone that drives by on 19, which is a very busy road, so people are going to see that and they’re going to think Lonsdale as a whole, as a community, is as crass as that sign.”

Yeah "Muslims get out" doesn't target Muslims in general...just the extremists

brilliant statement
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,953
    unsung said:

Refugees in quotation marks... Do you refute the fact that they are refugees?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Yeah "Muslims get out" doesn't target Muslims in general...just the extremists

brilliant statement
    the truth is a heard "skittle" to swallow, shall we just go ahead and tolerate radical muslim attacks ?
    Hillary is being paid for this refugee flood....if you think not all one has to do is follow the contributions
    to the Clinton foundation I'm sure.
    how many attacks will it take to open the eyes of the lib's who support the refugee floods ?

Godfather.

• Options
    benjs said:

unsung said:

many are useless POS...but they have probably been paid for long ago via the Clinton foundation.

Godfather.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

benjs said:

unsung said:

many are useless POS...but they have probably been paid for long ago via the Clinton foundation.

Godfather.
    You are way out of line. Disgusting comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/20/donald-trump-jnr-compares-refugees-poisoned-skittles-twitter-reacted
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.
    calling some refugees......"useless POS"? I am struggling for words right now. This is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen anyone type here. And that says a lot.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Glad to see this thread has turned into a shit show and on one realizes that they aren't actually going to be killed by a terrorist...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,578

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.
    calling some refugees......"useless POS"? I am struggling for words right now. This is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen anyone type here. And that says a lot.
    There is a lot of fear, hate, and ignorance in the world.

And a surprising amount on here as well.

Namaste'
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Agreed,
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/20/donald-trump-jnr-compares-refugees-poisoned-skittles-twitter-reacted
    Stop bombing them.
  • Options
    benjs said:

unsung said:

100% are refugees? Not a chance.

My biggest problem is how they are relocated.
  • Options

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Namaste'
    There sure is. I am not defending the "useless POS" and skittle comments. But, when you refer to "fear", there actually is something to fear here. Look at the terrorists attacks that occurred in Paris, Belgium, Nice, San Bernardino, Orlando, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, etc....There is a legitimate reason for fear. The question is what the proper response is, but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true. Look at how terrorism has changed the world in the last 15 years. Certainly the West's response plays a role, but it has changed our lives in so many ways. If 100,000 refugees come to the USA there will be a terrorist among them, or one in the next generation. Some think that the collateral damage is fine, and others think that it is treasonous act. There is a middle ground but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true.
  • Options
    I don't think GF was calling all refugees 'useless POS'.

I believe he was calling the evil ones among them 'useless POS'.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Namaste'
    There sure is. I am not defending the "useless POS" and skittle comments. But, when you refer to "fear", there actually is something to fear here. Look at the terrorists attacks that occurred in Paris, Belgium, Nice, San Bernardino, Orlando, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, etc....There is a legitimate reason for fear. The question is what the proper response is, but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true. Look at how terrorism has changed the world in the last 15 years. Certainly the West's response plays a role, but it has changed our lives in so many ways. If 100,000 refugees come to the USA there will be a terrorist among them, or one in the next generation. Some think that the collateral damage is fine, and others think that it is treasonous act. There is a middle ground but to say that there is nothing to fear is not true.
    He didn't say there isn't anything to fear. You can be afraid if you want, but fear shouldn't drive the response, and that's what you're seeing. Also, the fear is way out of proportion to the actual threat.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    edited September 2016

He said "many", but it wouldn't be his first bigoted comment.
  • Options

He cuts a fine line... doesn't he?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911

He cuts a fine line... doesn't he?
    there's nothing fine about it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    unsung said:

dignin said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Stop bombing them.
    Exactly ... and what appears to be your next POTUS will continue waging war in the Middle East, democrats and republicans like war and at this point maybe their supporters do as well. Is their anyone even running as third party candidates who had claimed they'd get the fuck out of the Middle East?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Just got my daughters car on the road now I'm afraid !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsung said:

How many of these attacks that have occurred in the US have been done by "foreign" muslims?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Enough to stop the program until it is fixed.