Options

Kaepernick

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited September 2016
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

We're are not attending football games to delve into debates on social injustices. We are there to see skulls getting crushed!

Torts gets it!

Tortorella doesn't get shit. How he continues to have employment is beyond me.
    He gets it! And now he is Lord Comander of team USA.
    What exactly does he get? He doesn't understand the position of protest. He is basically saying if you're on my team, your rights granted under the First Amendment are taken away. He is saying if you're on my team and you try to express your rights, you will be kicked off the team because I don't agree with you. He's a complete fucktard and always has been. It's a fucking disgrace that HE is representing our country.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,164
    pjhawks said:

for all those above you took offense to my comments on Rapinoe and the national team I re-post John Tortorella's comments regarding this issue. Torts is the coach of the US National Hockey team that begins play in the World Cup of Hockey tomorrow. Comments I agree 100% with but he just said it better.

"Listen," he told reporters. "We're in a great country because we can express ourselves. And I am not against expressing yourselves. That's what's great about our country. We can do that. But when there are men and women that give their lives for their flag, for their anthem, have given their lives, continue to put themselves on the line with our services for our flag, for our anthem, families that have been disrupted, traumatic physical injuries, traumatic mental injuries for these people that give us the opportunity to do the things we want to do, there's no chance an anthem and a flag should come into any type of situation where you're trying to make a point.

"It is probably the most disrespectful thing you can do as a U.S. citizen is to bring that in. Because that's our symbol. All for [expressing] yourself. That's what's so great. Everybody does. But no chance when it comes to the flag and the anthem. No chance."

heres the oath I took.

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
    "I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

ummm nothing about flag or reworded british drinking song.

the military exists to serve the Constitution. not be placed above.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    dignin said:

pjhawks said:

for all those above you took offense to my comments on Rapinoe and the national team I re-post John Tortorella's comments regarding this issue. Torts is the coach of the US National Hockey team that begins play in the World Cup of Hockey tomorrow. Comments I agree 100% with but he just said it better.

"Listen," he told reporters. "We're in a great country because we can express ourselves. And I am not against expressing yourselves. That's what's great about our country. We can do that. But when there are men and women that give their lives for their flag, for their anthem, have given their lives, continue to put themselves on the line with our services for our flag, for our anthem, families that have been disrupted, traumatic physical injuries, traumatic mental injuries for these people that give us the opportunity to do the things we want to do, there's no chance an anthem and a flag should come into any type of situation where you're trying to make a point.

"It is probably the most disrespectful thing you can do as a U.S. citizen is to bring that in. Because that's our symbol. All for [expressing] yourself. That's what's so great. Everybody does. But no chance when it comes to the flag and the anthem. No chance."

Seriously though, Tortorella is a tool. The idiot had to be held back from trying to get into the Flames dressing room to fight a few years back.
    He was trying to teach those Canadians a LESSON!

RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The real issue here, what really makes me sad...
    How many people are so obsessed with silly sports games.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Also, if I'm trying to make a point, the last person I wan't making videos supporting me is Jessie Ventura. I'm surprised to see he forgot his tinfoil hat in that video! I would put Ventura on even par with Chris Brown on people to defend you if I was ever accused of domestic assault.

Granted I loved his work in the WWF, Predator, and The Running Man ... the dude is now (has always been?) Looney Tunes (even though he doesn't have time to BLEED!)

Torts would put Ventura in a figure four leg lock before giving him the people's elbow
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Don't get me wrong: I'm not a fan of war.

Among many things... I'm a fan of respect though.

I like respect to, which is why vets shouldn't be used as currency in an argument.
    And this is why Kap kidnapping their moment to make his stance was wrong.

As I said before... a BLM sticker on his helmet would have been far better.
    Sticker schmiker. That's no protest. A protest is doing something to disrupt a given routine that people have projected meaning on. It didn't rile my dad, a vet, because he sees what the pre game song is and also has the ability to empathize with the people engaged in the protest and can validate their experience.
    True!

Besides that, Kaepernick wasn't specifically protesting war or vets.

He could have been protesting iguana abuse, but he did so when people were paying respect to something other then iguana abuse. He did it at a time when people were respecting vets and military members. God forbid we take 2 minutes a Sunday for a quarter of the year to do so.

And people are confused on why there is outrage? I see it easy for people to deduce he was stating "fuck america!" and it being ever so ironic that he gets to live the high life with fast cars and fast women because he is good at playing with a ball.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

The real issue here, what really makes me sad...
    How many people are so obsessed with silly sports games.

It is a form of entertainment. Much like theater.
  • Options
    Are you not obsessed with people playing silly instruments?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Don't try to compare art with sports, you are better than that, I'm sure of it.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

We're are not attending football games to delve into debates on social injustices. We are there to see skulls getting crushed!

Torts gets it!

What exactly does he get? He doesn't understand the position of protest. He is basically saying if you're on my team, your rights granted under the First Amendment are taken away. He is saying if you're on my team and you try to express your rights, you will be kicked off the team because I don't agree with you. He's a complete fucktard and always has been. It's a fucking disgrace that HE is representing our country.
    That is exactly what he is saying. He is the coach. It is his team. There are RULES.

What? I can't take selfies during O.T? What about my FEELINGS???

If you don't like the rules, then there is the door and don't let it hit you in the butt on the way out.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'll bet it's harder to hit a major league pitchers fastball than playing instruments!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Why not? They are essentially the same. I enjoy a concert or play just as I do a sporting event. You pay money for a ticket. You dress up. It is played in acts. Everyone practices before playing before the masses. Talent is involved.

There is a huge correlation on why everyone was so hyped because PJ was playing Wrigley and Fenway, and it wasn't because of the natural acoustics of those joints.

Sporting event's are even more exciting because the outcome is an unknown. I wouldn't enjoy seeing multiple PJ concerts if they played the same set every night.

Sports is art.
  • Options
    I played both football and marching band and both events took the same amount of commitment, practice, and execution. I had the same amount of nerves before playing in front of an audience. I don't know why people look upon each other activity so differently. Maybe because of the shackles of society?

I should protest!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Garfield football team takes knee during national anthem prior to game Friday night

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/garfield-football-team-takes-knee-prior-to-game-friday-night/
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

What the f**k kind of statement is this?

Art is superior to sport? According to who? You I guess.

I prefer sport to art tenfold, however I'd never dismiss blowing into a flute or pretending to be some character on stage as silly.

If you don't appreciate sport, then fair enough, but just because you were a spaz and never could fully understand the value of it... don't shit on its significance for others that do. My family is a sporting family: I played college basketball and this year my son accepted a scholarship to play basketball at university as well. Outside of punching the clock and seeing/reading horrible news, sport has offered us- among countless positive other things- a lifestyle where we stay healthy, harm nobody, and escape.

And we dig music too. My kid plays the guitar.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Geez RG. You abstain from the boards for weeks it seems and then you come on here to spew something like that?

Is everything okay? If you need to chat about anything pm me.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Torts gets it!

That is exactly what he is saying. He is the coach. It is his team. There are RULES.

If you don't like the rules, then there is the door and don't let it hit you in the butt on the way out.

Dumbest shit I've read from you so far. Rules are one thing. Don't go out drinking the night before a game. Show up to practice on time. Don't tweet during games. Check your equipment. Those are rules that affect the team and the game. Exercising your right to protest does not, in any way, shape, or form, affect anything on the ice. Torts is a fucking douchebag. He is now, always has been, always will be. PLain and simple.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Also, if I'm trying to make a point, the last person I wan't making videos supporting me is Jessie Ventura. I'm surprised to see he forgot his tinfoil hat in that video! I would put Ventura on even par with Chris Brown on people to defend you if I was ever accused of domestic assault.

Granted I loved his work in the WWF, Predator, and The Running Man ... the dude is now (has always been?) Looney Tunes (even though he doesn't have time to BLEED!)

Torts would put Ventura in a figure four leg lock before giving him the people's elbow

The Body gets it!
  • Options

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Torts gets it!

Dumbest shit I've read from you so far. Rules are one thing. Don't go out drinking the night before a game. Show up to practice on time. Don't tweet during games. Check your equipment. Those are rules that affect the team and the game. Exercising your right to protest does not, in any way, shape, or form, affect anything on the ice. Torts is a fucking douchebag. He is now, always has been, always will be. PLain and simple.
    I'm sure if you search there is some stuff that is more dumb! I've almost 15K posts!

At least I'm not forced to root for Patrick Rapist Kane!

• Options
    Oh wait, Kane is American. Fuck me.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Torts gets it!

I'm sure if you search there is some stuff that is more dumb! I've almost 15K posts!

At least I'm not forced to root for Patrick Rapist Kane!

Yah. Mathematics alone would suggest you've got some really good doozies in the catalogue of work that would make that post look like it was written by a genius.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I prefer sport to art tenfold, however I'd never dismiss blowing into a flute or pretending to be some character on stage as silly.

If you don't appreciate sport, then fair enough, but just because you were a spaz and never could fully understand the value of it... don't shit on its significance for others that do. My family is a sporting family: I played college basketball and this year my son accepted a scholarship to play basketball at university as well. Outside of punching the clock and seeing/reading horrible news, sport has offered us- among countless positive other things- a lifestyle where we stay healthy, harm nobody, and escape.

Participating in sporting activities and watching them from the couch are far from the same thing. It's fandom that I hate, not sports.
    It's not that I think athletic pursuits are not worthwhile, but the obsession my fat, lazy country has with their sporting events is pathetic. If you lived in Columbus, Ohio for awhile you might begin to understand where I come from. The amount of significance we attach to what are essentially kids games is staggering and appalling.
    Hitting a major league fastball is equal to your average baseball fan in the same way that an excellent author is equal to a person reading a newspaper. Not at all.
    Artists inspire us with ideas, feelings, expressions, wisdom, even ignorance.
    Sure, athletes do inspire us, but simple admiration for talent is not in the same league.
  • Options

Geez RG. You abstain from the boards for weeks it seems and then you come on here to spew something like that?

I was on vacation engaging in athletic pursuits (hiking) and I came home to be surrounded by Cleveland Browns talk from couch-welded sports fans... Quite annoying!

My batteries are recharged and life is looking good, which is precisely why my gears are grinding with such force lol
  • Options
    Am I a lazy douch when I watch McCready melt faces during concerts? Shouldn't I be melting faces?

Is Kid Rock a better role model then Joe Montana because Kid Rock is an "artist"??? Holy fuck!

THE UNIVERSE!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Participating in sporting activities and watching them from the couch are far from the same thing. It's fandom that I hate, not sports.
    It's not that I think athletic pursuits are not worthwhile, but the obsession my fat, lazy country has with their sporting events is pathetic. If you lived in Columbus, Ohio for awhile you might begin to understand where I come from. The amount of significance we attach to what are essentially kids games is staggering and appalling.
    Hitting a major league fastball is equal to your average baseball fan in the same way that an excellent author is equal to a person reading a newspaper. Not at all.
    Sure, athletes do inspire us, but simple admiration for talent is not in the same league.
    Advertising agencies would disagree. Michael Jordan (an above average basketball player) has inspired more people then The Beatles.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I don't think showing up to the opera with your tuxedo and viewing glasses, perched in the balcony, and eating caviar is much better.

I hear what you're saying about the nacho eating, beer swilling, overweight fool yelling at the opposition, however respecting the talents of an accomplished athlete is not lower level existence.

I've got a few jerseys and I've got a bunch of PJ t-shirts and posters. I'm a fan of both. It doesn't make me a fool.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Am I a lazy douch when I watch McCready melt faces during concerts? Shouldn't I be melting faces?

Is Kid Rock a better role model then Joe Montana because Kid Rock is an "artist"??? Holy fuck!

THE UNIVERSE!

It depends...
    Do you get shitfaced every time and devote 2 or 3 days a week to sitting in front of the tv to watch him do it? Does every article of clothing relate to McCready and his colors? Do you hate the colors that represent his rival guitarist and forbid your kids from wearing them? Do you schedule your life around his facial melts and refuse to attend events that conflict? Do you pretend that all his leads are some great metaphor for the universal struggles of human life? I could go on, but that's enough of a list to determine douchiness or not lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I was on vacation engaging in athletic pursuits (hiking) and I came home to be surrounded by Cleveland Browns talk from couch-welded sports fans... Quite annoying!

My batteries are recharged and life is looking good, which is precisely why my gears are grinding with such force lol
    Cheers.

I'm drinking a bunch of coffee trying to think of some excuses to not go mountain biking. I can't think of any.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I don't think showing up to the opera with your tuxedo and viewing glasses, perched in the balcony, and eating caviar is much better.

I hear what you're saying about the nacho eating, beer swilling, overweight fool yelling at the opposition, however respecting the talents of an accomplished athlete is not lower level existence.

I've got a few jerseys and I've got a bunch of PJ t-shirts and posters. I'm a fan of both. It doesn't make me a fool.
    I guess I forget too easily that I am from the mid-west and those who aren't don't quite understand what a caricature we really are, or can be, at least.