Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

my thoughts with those in Orlando

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?
    So let's see you & Trump want ..
    1- deport 11million illegal aliens
    2- deport How many Muslims

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...
    it will take a while but it can be done....by the way, all of them.

Godfather.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    .........no it's not simple, I enjoy owning a "assault rifle" it's a great tool for home defense and fun to take to a shooting range so who here has the right to take away my rights ? there is no gun problem there is only people problems and if you are worried about mass killings you better outlaw fertilizer or various types of gas as well or we can cut down on mass killings like Boston, NY, CA., etc. we can stop allowing muslim people into our country.

Godfather.

With everyone of these incidents you just keep sounding more & more crazy you make no sense , so now you want all Muslims banned ? Ok how about the ones that are living here deport them ?

Tell us how will this get done are you willing to pay more in taxes to offset the cost of such an undertaking what are you willing to give up to see this come true ? ...

Godfather.

I guess you don't believe in the Constitution. It's a damn shame. I thought you were American.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    mrussel1 said:

^^ Wow. The whole election changed on this one shooting, the day after. My God. This was a powerful essay by an anonymous writer. What courage he/she has shown.

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited June 2016
    or all those Christian Terrorist that have bombed health care centers and killed patients and doctors because their GOD told them it was okay..

This is about lunatics with easy access to military weapons.. not about religion...
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,024
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I guess you don't believe in the Constitution. It's a damn shame. I thought you were American.
    Isn't it funny how quickly they go from defending their second amendment rights to completely removing rights of an entire group of citizens?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

It's pathetic seeing republicans who hate gays just like the Muslims bashing liberals as Muslim lovers after this. What do you bigots care other than scoring political points?

It is this comment that is pathetic and you are off base in referring to people such as myself as bigots. Republicans do not hate gays. That is a caricature that you have created in your mind. There are some, who I happen to disagree with, who would prefer not to be forced to bake a cake out of their own religious beliefs but that is a far cry from hatred. Try to understand the difference between that belief and those of radical Islam. Second, nobody is calling liberals "muslim lovers" either. What is being said is that your progressive need to respect the cultural sensitivities of radical muslims is in direct contradiction to our collective need of protecting the rights of women and the LGBT community. You excuse the beliefs of one community at the expense of the other and in doing so it put us all at greater risk of attack. Smarten up.
    NO ONE has ever expressed a need to respect the sensitivities of radical Muslims.
    Sharia is radicalism plain and simple yet I've just been told by mRussel that we should be accepting of it. According to him it is similar to being an observant Amish.

Anyways...i think the person in this link has it right. Probably the most powerful thing I have read all day. It is time for progressives to start waking up to the this reality

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/12/gay-activist-after-orlando-trump-voter/?singlepage=true

"I'm a Gay Activist, and After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote to Trump

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

As an aside, Trump has never said anything homophobic, and has always gotten along well with the gay community in New York, so there's that in his favor as well.

I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said "We don't know what the shooter's motivation could possibly be!" have revealed to me their true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part of that team.

I'm just sick of it. Sick of the hypocrisy. Sick of the pandering. Sick of the deception.

And you know what makes me angrier still? The fact that I have to hide my identity and remain anonymous in writing this essay. If I outed myself as a Trump supporter, I would be harassed and doxxed and shunned by everyone I know and by the Twitter lynch mobs which up until yesterday I myself led.

I am ashamed. I am angry. And I am sad. I don't want to vote for Trump, but I must. And if you care about the safety of the gay community in America, so must you."
    I have literally never met anyone in my entire life who is accepting/tolerant of Sharia law or radical Islam. I didn't see that mrussel said this, but if he did, that's crazy, becasue there is no such thing as "moderate" Sharia law, and just the way women are treated under Sharia law alone makes it unacceptable in North America.
    Read my post on the Trump side. There are many variations of Sharia from the fundamentalist, down to how Muslims deal with property rights, inheritance, child custody, and even how much interest is allowable to charge another Muslim. It's no different than the Jewish religious courts that exist in Brooklyn, Vienna and all over the world.
    I don't approve of those courts either. Everyone in a nation should be functioning under one system of law. I think it ludicrous that anything else is legal. I don't support having different laws for different groups of people in a country one little bit and it surprises me that anyone is okay with this, let alone that it is legal at any level.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

American does not mean letting the rest of the world have everything we have worked for only to fuck it up, also for those who believe our borders should be open, try the same bullshit somewhere else and see how those other countries treat you, I'm sure you'd find out what islamaphobia really is....a damn shame is not knowing the difference between right and wrong and there are a few here who just don't know.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited June 2016

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

American does not mean letting the rest of the world have everything we have worked for only to fuck it up, also for those who believe our borders should be open, try the same bullshit somewhere else and see how those other countries treat you, I'm sure you'd find out what islamaphobia really is....a damn shame is not knowing the difference between right and wrong and there are a few here who just don't know.

Godfather.

Canada's border is "open" and we don't have a massive Islamophobia problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    myoung321 said:

or all those Christian Terrorist that have bombed health care centers and killed patients and doctors because their GOD told them it was okay..

This is about lunatics with easy access to military weapons.. not about religion...

Well going on the title of the Thread I thought it's about a Terrorist attack.
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think this is a direct quot from Hitler circa 1935.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Isn't it funny how quickly they go from defending their second amendment rights to completely removing rights of an entire group of citizens?

Or have disdain for the freedom of the press, when the facts don't support their belief system

• Options

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

no they are not and yes you do.

Godfather.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

It is rather stunning. So for the record, GF wants all Muslims deported out of/banned from the USA. And he calls himself an American. Just wanted to make sure we all have that straight.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Can you point to the part of the Constitution that provides the process for revoking citizenship? I'll give you hint, it's right next to the part that gave the South instructions on how how to leave the Union. If you don't find it easily, keep reading it over and over. You'll find it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

It's pathetic seeing republicans who hate gays just like the Muslims bashing liberals as Muslim lovers after this. What do you bigots care other than scoring political points?

It is this comment that is pathetic and you are off base in referring to people such as myself as bigots. Republicans do not hate gays. That is a caricature that you have created in your mind. There are some, who I happen to disagree with, who would prefer not to be forced to bake a cake out of their own religious beliefs but that is a far cry from hatred. Try to understand the difference between that belief and those of radical Islam. Second, nobody is calling liberals "muslim lovers" either. What is being said is that your progressive need to respect the cultural sensitivities of radical muslims is in direct contradiction to our collective need of protecting the rights of women and the LGBT community. You excuse the beliefs of one community at the expense of the other and in doing so it put us all at greater risk of attack. Smarten up.
    NO ONE has ever expressed a need to respect the sensitivities of radical Muslims.
    Sharia is radicalism plain and simple yet I've just been told by mRussel that we should be accepting of it. According to him it is similar to being an observant Amish.

Anyways...i think the person in this link has it right. Probably the most powerful thing I have read all day. It is time for progressives to start waking up to the this reality

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/12/gay-activist-after-orlando-trump-voter/?singlepage=true

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

As an aside, Trump has never said anything homophobic, and has always gotten along well with the gay community in New York, so there's that in his favor as well.

I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said "We don't know what the shooter's motivation could possibly be!" have revealed to me their true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part of that team.

I'm just sick of it. Sick of the hypocrisy. Sick of the pandering. Sick of the deception.

And you know what makes me angrier still? The fact that I have to hide my identity and remain anonymous in writing this essay. If I outed myself as a Trump supporter, I would be harassed and doxxed and shunned by everyone I know and by the Twitter lynch mobs which up until yesterday I myself led.

I am ashamed. I am angry. And I am sad. I don't want to vote for Trump, but I must. And if you care about the safety of the gay community in America, so must you."
    I have literally never met anyone in my entire life who is accepting/tolerant of Sharia law or radical Islam. I didn't see that mrussel said this, but if he did, that's crazy, becasue there is no such thing as "moderate" Sharia law, and just the way women are treated under Sharia law alone makes it unacceptable in North America.
    Read my post on the Trump side. There are many variations of Sharia from the fundamentalist, down to how Muslims deal with property rights, inheritance, child custody, and even how much interest is allowable to charge another Muslim. It's no different than the Jewish religious courts that exist in Brooklyn, Vienna and all over the world.
    I don't approve of those courts either. Everyone in a nation should be functioning under one system of law. I think it ludicrous that anything else is legal. I don't support having different laws for different groups of people in a country one little bit and it surprises me that anyone is okay with this, let alone that it is legal at any level.
    I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying it's a false alarm and a scare tactic. These informal religious courts exists in the States already. The term Sharia Law doesn't send shivers down my back or make me want to bunker down.
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

no, it's a direct quote from me, go ahead and record and date.

Godfather.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

um, Canada's border doesn't currently turn people away based on race or creed (neither does yours). We just let in boat loads of syrians.remember all those awful people?

so you are saying Canada has a massive problem with people hating Islam?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying it's a false alarm and a scare tactic. These informal religious courts exists in the States already. The term Sharia Law doesn't send shivers down my back or make me want to bunker down.
    I don't see it as a huge threat to me personally in my country at the moment, although there are PLENTY of "honour killings" happening in the name of Sharia law in Canada, and I would assume the same is happening in the USA, so it definitely does still send a shiver down my spine.
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

no, it's a direct quote from me, go ahead and record and date.

Godfather.

ok, must just a coincidence. :confounded:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    all of them, or just the brown ones?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Don't know if this has been posted yet. The victims.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/us/orlando-victims-profiles/index.html
  • Options
    edited June 2016

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

A Muslim, Peter Salem was a notable African American who participated in the Revolutionary War. He played a particularly important role in the crucial Battle of Bunker Hill, in which he fatally shot British Marine Major John Pitcairn.

Muslims have fought in all major US wars including the American Civil War
    Two hundred and ninety-two Muslims are known to have fought during the Civil War. The highest ranking Muslim officer during the War was Captain Moses Osman

Godfather wrote: American does not mean letting the rest of the world have everything we have worked for only to fuck it up
    At least you got the "WE" worked for it part right...

Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    Assault rifles for home defence? Hah, what a joke.

By the way, most people who are breaking into your house, just want your fucking TV.
    You think that people are coming to murder your family, how many fucking enemies do you have?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

and they've taken in thousands of Syrain refugees.. hmmm

• Options
    edited June 2016

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Breaking News (according to Godfather)... Canada Closes Borders..

• Options
    myoung321 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Breaking News (according to Godfather)... Canada Closes Borders..
    I had no idea that he was such an expert on Canada

• Options

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    all of them, or just the brown ones?

So you would have deported Muhammad Ali?

• Options

Assault rifles for home defence? Hah, what a joke.

By the way, most people who are breaking into your house, just want your fucking TV.
    You think that people are coming to murder your family, how many fucking enemies do you have?

No kidding... must have pissed some serious people off...hahaha

"NO NO.. It's to fight the government when they come for my guns"

Seal Team Six would take you out before you even knew they wanted you... or a guy eating a sandwich 2000 miles away takes you out with a drone.. or a tank rolls over your house a few times... GET REAL!!!!!!!

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Good god, dude.