Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    OnWis97 said:

ban all Islamic people from entering the US.

Godfather.

You earlier indicated that talking about banning guns was the wrong response; now keeping Muslims from entering is the right response.

But he did not "enter." He was born here. He purchased the guns almost as easily as you and I purchase candy. At least in this case, your solution does not help. But the opposing solution? Who knows; though we'll never find out.
    his parents were not born here, could of solved this problem long ago.

Godfather.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,654

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

You earlier indicated that talking about banning guns was the wrong response; now keeping Muslims from entering is the right response.

But he did not "enter." He was born here. He purchased the guns almost as easily as you and I purchase candy. At least in this case, your solution does not help. But the opposing solution? Who knows; though we'll never find out.

Godfather.

That's what was said about the Irish, Italians, Polish and Ukes. But you wouldn't want history to get in the way of your talking points.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Your relatives weren't born here either
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    pjhawks said:

Kat said:

I would like to see gun owners and Second Amendment enthusiasts take a lead and be actively working to make sure that dangerous gun owners are not in their number. I don't know why they neglect doing this because clearly it puts the rest of us at serious risk. If you don't want the government to pass laws that would restrict your gun-owning rights, take charge and figure out how to prevent crazies from getting guns and using them on us. Then you'd be heroes and just maybe, we'd have fewer of these events...saving lives. Come up with ideas; get an activist conversation going and get it done...please. Do it yourselves.

well said Kat. Unfortunately every time something like this happens the gun companies, enthusiasts and lobbyists circle their wagons and get even more defensive of their current stand.
    Well, they have a chance to do the right thing and if they don't....well, I want the powers to fix this as best they can. If regulations like stiff background checks, and/or a very serious computer database that tracks problem people is put in place because it's so complicated for all the various agencies to keep a handle on the people, I'll be ok with that. It's not only gun owners who live in America and I believe the majority of people want protections/changes.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

my relatives didn't kill 49 people and injure 50 or so in a gay bar, they also didn't fly passenger jets in the twin towers or shoot up a party in riverside ca. or behead infidels and post the footage on the internet, my relatives came here and were proud to be Americans they did not come here for free shit.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited June 2016

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

my relatives didn't kill 49 people and injure 50 or so in a gay bar, they also didn't fly passenger jets in the twin towers or shoot up a party in riverside ca. or behead infidels and post the footage on the internet, my relatives came here and were proud to be Americans they did not come here for free shit.

Godfather.

Its sad to see someone who claims to be a PJ fan living in a world so full of fear, hate, and ignorance.

Karma, unfortunately for people like yourself, is not your friend.

Namaste'
  • Options

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

So what are you GF? Irish..Italian...WASP? Whatever you are, I'm pretty sure I can find some domestic terror attacks with just a smidge of research.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

and so are the vast majority of those of middle eastern descent. can you imagine if the US didn't allow Germans to immigrate after WW2?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And by the way, I mean this with all due respect... your comment about stopping his parents from coming was ill informed (I'm being super nice). They are Afghan and during the 80's, we (Reagan) helped Afghans come here due to the fighting in their homeland. I'm sure you know that we were supplying Afghans with weapons to fight the Soviets. But I"m sure your on record for being against that back then.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

And by the way, I mean this with all due respect... your comment about stopping his parents from coming was ill informed (I'm being super nice). They are Afghan and during the 80's, we (Reagan) helped Afghans come here due to the fighting in their homeland. I'm sure you know that we were supplying Afghans with weapons to fight the Soviets. But I"m sure your on record for being against that back then.

Are you referring to the weapons that the Taliban use against Americans to this day?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,210
    mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

So what are you GF? Irish..Italian...WASP? Whatever you are, I'm pretty sure I can find some domestic terror attacks with just a smidge of research.
    there is only one thing in common with every mass shooting in america...the type of gun being used.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

mrussel1 said:

Are you referring to the weapons that the Taliban use against Americans to this day?
    I'm pretty sure we can take out 35 year old weapons. But yes, certainly the 'enemy of enemy is my friend' concept bit us a little. Although it's pretty easy to have hindsight on something like this.

My point is that we were financially supportive and allowed refugees into the country during this time. But GF saw this all coming so he was against it in 82.
  • Options
    blueandwhiteblueandwhite Posts: 662

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

The overwhelming majority of Muslims and non-Muslims alike can say the same about their families. You seem very fixated on Muslims given that there are thousands of murders and mass shootings in the United States that have nothing to do with Islam, just as there are hundreds of thousands of Muslims living in the US who have never committed a violent act or been associated with a fundamentalist group.
  • Options

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

the absolute hypocrisy in your statements is astounding.

this is the same bullshit I get from my parents generation in Canada. when their ancestors came and slaughtered all the natives that were here and stole their land, it was ok. but now immigrants want to come here and simply say "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" and they're all trying to change our way of life.

your immigrant ancestors were fine to come here because they didn't do anything bad, according to you. sure, none of them were murderers, robbers, mafia members, etc.
    a miniscule amount of someone else's ancestors came here and did something bad, and all of them should be banned.

all because their belief system is different and you don't understand it so it scares you.

educate yourself. it's ironic you keep telling everyone else to wake up, when you are the one asleep at the wheel.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you guy's sound people that want everything given to you and when you get you think you earned it, you folks have no idea.

Godfather.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

my thoughts with those in Orlando
  • Options

you guy's sound people that want everything given to you and when you get you think you earned it, you folks have no idea.

Godfather.

This statement is incoherent.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

im just astounded that when something like this happens we go after guns instead of treating the mentally ill or vetting people more properly, but since guns shoot themselves lets take those away from law abiding citizens. I just cant wrap my head around not making individuals responsible, but instead blaming the machine. We already have gun laws on the book adding more and more to clutter up what is already there makes no damn sense

Once again .....no one is saying take away guns from law abiding citizens.
    No one is saying get rid of the 2nd amendment.
    Its about stronger more stringent background checks.
    It's about the general public and families being more cognizant of their neighbors and family members behavior. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING
    Its about restricting or eliminating sales of assault-military style weapons to the general public.
    And above all its about common sense.
  • Options
    blueandwhiteblueandwhite Posts: 662

Godfather.

What does that even mean? Seriously?!
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

It's about the general public and families being more cognizant of their neighbors and family members behavior. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING
    Its about restricting or eliminating sales of assault-military style weapons to the general public.
    See something, say something is critically important in the Muslim communities. They have to get on board with this. Boots on the ground in the middle east will not solve the problem. And this starts with the Imans. They have to preach it and live it.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730

pjalive21 said:

The people that love guns don't want to see assault-rifles banned. I think they see it as the first step in "liberals taking away our guns." Or...maybe they just like assault-rifles.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    pjalive21 said:

Who has said anything about guns being taken away from current owners? That is never an argument; why do so many gun-defenders always want to interpret gun control/regulation that way? This argument is so stale and misinformed.
    I own a gun. I have never, not once, felt threatened that the government was going to take it from me in the name of better regulation regarding access to purchase guns or for any other reason.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    pjalive21 said:

That's my thought exactly...what about Law abiding citizens that own Guns...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Everyone needs to follow the Posting Guidelines please. We can all learn a lot in these discussions...it's all very complicated.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

no one is going after guns in general. we want stronger checks and balances. and for the love of god, don't let the average person, law abiding or not, buy a fucking automatic assault weapon. handguns, rifles, do it. but something that can shoot 130 people in a minute is not something the average citizen should be allowed to buy.

will "bad people" still get their hands on them? maybe. but you put those things on the black market, someone like this shooter wouldn't have been able to afford to buy it. the markup is insane on things like that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited June 2016
    pjalive21 said:

An assault weapons ban makes perfect sense. If you dont have an assault rifle, you can not kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. It's so simple, it's stupid.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Gun Control being discussed on a Terrorist thread...
  • Options

OnWis97 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war."
    Remarks by President George W. Bush at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    Washington, D.C.
    September 17, 2001

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Haha ha GF again is on the wrong side of argument , sure we should of never let any Muslims in to the country from day 1 lol lol talk about a fear monger hey Godfather how did this American terrorist get the weapons for this massacre ? !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....