Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,359
    Hey as long as you guys are ok with massacres happening every month I say fuck gun laws I want an all out Wild West , you cut me off I'm shooting you , you talk during the movie bam bam your dead Black Friday would be great if everybody had guns no ? !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    edited June 2016
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines and sticky post at the top of AMT
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    muskydan said:

Make no mistake about it, what happened in Orlando is what Jihad looks like and will continue to happen.
    However you decide to protect yourself and more importantly your family is completely up to you...One of the many great things about living in a Free Country.

If any of you plan on going to a Gay pride parade in the coming weeks please pay special attention to your surroundings. I have participated and worked my cities Gay pride parade the past 20 years and the opportunity for a terrorist to cause mass murder of epic proportions is shockingly simple. And those opportunities have nothing to do with those racist, homophobic no good GUNS.

Why is it easy? Because civilians are able to purchase guns that have the ability to mow people down in seconds.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Asking an honest question here. What is the purpose of owning an assault rifle? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

Well from my point-of-view...there's no purpose.

From the point-of-view of a gun-enthusiast...maybe for collecting? Or shooting targets...or something?
    I enter local competitions at my range but that's just me. I know a lot of people shoot hogs with them down south. I'm a collector of guns (big on WW2); pretty much have every u.s. infantry weapon from ww1 to today.

I'm big on back ground checks but I'm not a fan of any sort of ban. Let's you say you ban the ar-15, where does it stop? I look no further than the state I live in (new jersey).
    It starts with all military grade weapons being banned for civilian use. Period. Stop it where you want.
    Way to find some middle ground. Where the hell do military grade weapons stop? I m thinking everyone of my guns would be banned if you had your way.
    I'm fairly certain that all of your guns weren't designed for warfare only. Which is what most assault rifles were designed for. Common sense goes along way.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,973

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Asking an honest question here. What is the purpose of owning an assault rifle? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

Well from my point-of-view...there's no purpose.

From the point-of-view of a gun-enthusiast...maybe for collecting? Or shooting targets...or something?
    I enter local competitions at my range but that's just me. I know a lot of people shoot hogs with them down south. I'm a collector of guns (big on WW2); pretty much have every u.s. infantry weapon from ww1 to today.

I'm big on back ground checks but I'm not a fan of any sort of ban. Let's you say you ban the ar-15, where does it stop? I look no further than the state I live in (new jersey).
    It starts with all military grade weapons being banned for civilian use. Period. Stop it where you want.
    Way to find some middle ground. Where the hell do military grade weapons stop? I m thinking everyone of my guns would be banned if you had your way.
    I'm fairly certain that all of your guns weren't designed for warfare only. Which is what most assault rifles were designed for. Common sense goes along way.
    Yeah the majority of my guns were military issued in ww2. My 9mm has a 15 round mag which is the caliber the military uses. And my ar 15.....yikes
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Gun laws are not going to stop this sort of shit from happening...your country is a violent country...pretty simple.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Gun laws are not going to stop this sort of shit from happening...your country is a violent country...pretty simple.

Lot easier to buy yourself a gun than it is to build a bomb
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

myoung321 said:

Just close the damn borders and help our country first. It's nearly impossible to stop the homegrown terrorists at this point without hundreds of thousands of new folks coming in. Outlaw high capacity mags and look at suspects closer, specifically violent ones. Once we have that shit under control open em back up with tighter control.

Since 9/11 how many Muslims has come through a US border and then carried out a successful attack on American soil??

1? The wife in San Bernardino

Don't let the fear and hate cloud your judgement
    Well 1 is too many for me. I don't blame Muslims or any one particular group at all, I just see that we have a violence problem in our country and certainly don't need any outside help. Once we get our shit together so we don't have to worry about getting shot when we go to the movies or out to dance for an evening we can focus on who or how many we start letting in.
    When did an immigrant shoot up a movie theater?
    Never. I was just mentioning a few homegrown acts, one of which happened at the movies in CO.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691
    edited June 2016
    lukin2006 said:

Pretty much. Gun laws don't hurt, but it's this culture of guns and violence and us vs them that is the real problem. Long term solutions are needed. This will take generations to fix.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Yep. Gun laws didn't stop Paris from getting assaulted.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691

lukin2006 said:

Nope.... but France doesn't have a massive mass shooting problem in general either. There is something "special" happening in the USA. I don't think anyone can deny that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Now compare the number of gun deaths in Paris per capita to them in the US. Will better gun laws prevent all of these things? Of course not. Could they prevent many? Of course
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Pretty much. Gun laws don't hurt, but it's this culture of guns and violence and us vs them that is the real problem. Long term solutions are needed. This will take generations to fix.
    Totally agree
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    So the shooter may have been gay...
  • Options
    Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Instead of rushing to ban guns, can we talk about the fact that the father of the shooter was a god damn Taliban supporter?

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Every single fucking time it has to be something besides the gun. There is a common demoniator in every one of these massacres.
    The guy pledged an allegiance to Isis and his dad is a damn Taliban supporter! Are you serious? Both of these groups are actively engaged in a war with the United states.
    Time to go send some additional b 52 s to Isis controlled territory.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

The guy pledged an allegiance to Isis and his dad is a damn Taliban supporter! Are you serious? Both of these groups are actively engaged in a war with the United states.
    So why is the nra so adamant about letting terrorists buy guns?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

So why is the nra so adamant about letting terrorists buy guns?
    I honestly think it s because of the idea of if you give an inch they take a mile. This nra member fully supports background checks.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Now compare the number of gun deaths in Paris per capita to them in the US. Will better gun laws prevent all of these things? Of course not. Could they prevent many? Of course
    Ok
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,947
    Reminder:
    Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down
    Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Ding ding ding
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Let me preface by saying I voted for Obama twice and am a huge supporter of his, but why have so many of these massacres happened under his presidency?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Let me preface by saying I voted for Obama twice and am a huge supporter of his, but why have so many of these massacres happened under his presidency?
    Good question, I don't know the answer to that either. However, could it be that because he's he first president of color that his presidency has brought forth racial tensions to the surface?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Good question, I don't know the answer to that either. However, could it be that because he's he first president of color that his presidency has brought forth racial tensions to the surface?

Peace

I ve thought that for a long time bud. It s crazy that people are still holding onto ideas pre 13th amendment.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,142

mcgruff10 said:

Ding ding ding
    its beyond sick
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,196
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ask your speaker of the house.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,196
    i am still beyond pissed about what happened saturday night. probably not a good idea for me to be on here reading about it.

i just want to say that if nothing is done about our gun laws following this horrific event, nothing is ever going to get done about it. these people will have died for nothing, same as the thousands before them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2016
    I wonder how many people realize this is the safest time in American history? As a matter of fact it is the safest and most peaceful time in human history

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ask your speaker of the house.
    i'm not following you.