Options

Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
edited June 2016 in A Moving Train
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

Terrorist shooting in Orlando and it appears more than 20 dead.

Peace we need it.
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by g under p on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    So it's been determined that it's a terrorist I mean 20 dead is terrorist act but I'm wondering how fast they pin it on a Muslim ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

So it's been determined that it's a terrorist I mean 20 dead is terrorist act but I'm wondering how fast they pin it on a Muslim ...

Pin it?

Religion of peace. Why would they be suspect?
  • Options
    Appears to be an isolated incident. Person had a plan.

Crazy person, yet motivated? By what?
  • Options
    Good grief, this is horrible!
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Regardless of whether or not it was a radical Muslim or a bigot, this was a terrorist attack.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    The time will come in this country when people will be uncomfortable going to public gathering places that do NOT have metal detectors. That is if it's not already happening, this terrible and this act is in the state I live in.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Regardless of whether or not it was a radical Muslim or a bigot, this was a terrorist attack.

Not all that much difference between the two!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,623

A few sources are saying it was committed by Omar Mateen, who, according to the FBI may have had jihadist leanings. I think they are being careful what they say. I guess you can be an extremist and a bigot. Actually I think those probably go hand in hand most of the time.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Awful. Wtf is going on here. So, so shameful.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes, not much difference between the two. My point was that this was terrorism.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    So friggin' sad.
  • Options

Yes, not much difference between the two. My point was that this was terrorism.

I know. I absolutely agree.
  • Options
    Not 20, but 50 killed. Unreal
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    50 dead....53 injured... what kind of monsters live in our communities and we don't know it. Horrible situation.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Wonder no further. As much as the apologists want to sprinkle unicorn poop and ferry dust on incidents like this, never forget you as an American are a infidel and must be slaughtered. More importantly God bless the victims and families of yet another terrorist attack.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,835
    hedonist said:

Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Deadliest shooting in American history, and the 2nd deadliest by a single shooter in the history of the world. (2nd to Norway in 2011)
  • Options

Deadliest shooting in American history, and the 2nd deadliest by a single shooter in the history of the world. (2nd to Norway in 2011)

Jesus. I didn't know that. It's almost incomprehensible how someone could not only have the mindset to do that, but the time and space to do it before being stopped.
  • Options

50 dead....53 injured... what kind of monsters live in our communities and we don't know it. Horrible situation.

OH my goodness what, when did it jump up that high? I've been on the phone with my daughter.

Peace

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    g under p said:

OH my goodness what, when did it jump up that high? I've been on the phone with my daughter.

Peace

News conference going on right now.
  • Options
    g under p said:

Peace

Only in the last 20 minutes or so.

I can't wrap my brain around this.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Unbelievable. Hearing the mayor say it's not 20, but in fact 50 made my stomach turn. It's so sickening.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited June 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck
    Early reports are calling that "device" an assault weapon.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Gunman was previously known to law enforcement
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,514
    This is terrible. Those poor people. How horrifying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like this asshole successfully achieved one of the 5 pillars of Islam...during the month of ramadan. Damn, if we only had some sort of motive...sarcasm for the dense.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Early reports also list Omar Mir Seddique Mateen as a registered Democrat.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    PJPOWER said:

Sounds like this asshole successfully achieved one of the 5 pillars of Islam...during the month of ramadan. Damn, if we only had some sort of motive...sarcasm for the dense.

Which one?
  • Options
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

I would be surprised if it was anything else.

Please tell me the stupid f**k was shot dead at the scene (all apologies to those that feel sorry for him).
    "My brain's a good brain!"