Tool

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    hedonist said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    Man, I can’t wait to see them live again. 

March for us. Me , my buddy and his son(his first ever concert....)
    Wow that’s one hell of a first concert. Although mine was beastie boys at MSG in 1998. 
    Mine was KISS in 1977 or 78 :rofl: But the opener was Cheap Trick. THEY were stellar!
    cheap trick as headliner in 81 or 82 was my first....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Genesis in 1991 at the old Foxboro stadium was my first, followed up a few months later w/ U2 & Primus of all bands on the Zoo TV tour… it was all over after that. 

Correction: that was 1992 & my brother took me to genesis for my 15th birthday. 
    Man I’m a huge u2 fan and never knew Primus opened for them. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    Interesting combo. I'd think most u2 fans would think primus sucks.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Loujoe said:
    But if I remember correctly, Primus does in fact suck. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    The other opener was Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy… 

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Loujoe said:
    But if I remember correctly, Primus does in fact suck. 
    Bingo. Still, after all these years.
  • Options
    https://www.swampco.com/products/deal-of-the-day-2?variant=39622138724418
    Some tool mini prints you may want to pick up. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Loujoe said:
    They probably thought the same of Pearl Jam back in 93’ when they opened for them. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 804
    Kid's got skills...and man is she going to be a monster in a decade. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    Kid's got skills...and man is she going to be a monster in a decade.
    While at SHN there was a kid playing drums and said "first discovered in 2016".  2016, 17, 18, 19 were all crossed out.  He's been discovered since 2016 when he first became an internet sensation but hasn't found a permanent gig yet...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited December 2021
    Danny played w/ the Kansas band during halftime of the Jayhawks game this weekend. 
    Great stuff. 
    Not such great stuff: he was arrested for misdemeanor assault after an altercation last night at the KC airport
    He seems like a pretty affable / easygoing guy, not to mention he’s fuggin’ huge, and 60 years old to boot. I don’t know him personally, but I don’t really envision him going around starting shit. 
  • Options
    Danny played w/ the Kansas band during halftime of the Jayhawks game this weekend. 
    Great stuff. 
    Not such great stuff: he was arrested for misdemeanor assault after an altercation last night at the KC airport
    He seems like a pretty affable / easygoing guy, not to mention he’s fuggin’ huge, and 60 years old to boot. I don’t know him personally, but I don’t really envision him going around starting shit. 
    He looked like he was going to jump out of that kit!
  • Options
    Great stuff. 
    Sounds like he was hammered, yelling at a security guard & poking him in the chest. Maybe he WAS starting shit, 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Say it ain’t so, Carey! Seemingly-affable is right.  He was happy as could be (and ridiculously nice to others) when we saw him at Puscifer here in LA. 
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    Hope he has some time for Reflection about this incident.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    Hope he has some time for Reflection about this incident.
    I'm sure he will, as he'll have time to pine away. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    hope he has time to reflect on poking someone in the chest. what a disgrace.

moral of the story, the airport is no place to mess around, at all. their staff are so quick to call police these days, maybe rightfully so
  • Options
    Not saying Danny is innocent here-we don't know, but given the exaggeration of mental and physical injury in order to get as much money/vengeance as possible seems to be as popular as it has ever been in the ambulance chasing culture of the US you're probably going to get caught up in a disproportionate amount of crap if in a similar position. It's like the daily life equivalent of footballers going down like a shot to get a card after getting up in the face of someone then getting pushed away. Plus if you have a profile and have been on the sauce for a while (Danny does sound locked TBH) that's a recipe for disaster. Not to mention being in an airport!

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,476
    Calling someone a f****** f*****doesn’t seem innocent to me. 

I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Depends if that's what you call assault in KC. Disappointing if it is true regardless as on paper calling anyone that is a dick move to put it mildly. He was asking "Who did I assault?" Which makes me think that the book may have been thrown at a scuffle that seemed very minor to some and bad to others. But the CCTV would need to be seen to make a judgment on any physical incidents.

Either way I've never been hammered at an airport and I'm not a loose drunk. You screw up you don't potentially miss just that flight you could miss a whole lot more as a consequence. Interacted with too many pricks at airports not to know that you just don't bite. Jeepers it's almost a test of character, which unfortunately our mate seems to have failed regardless of prosecution.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    The airport or on an airplane is no place to be acting like an idiot. With all of the unruly passenger incidents being reported, they aren't just letting things slide now. As they shouldn't. I saw a shirt once that pretty much summed up a lot of the behavior you see in video clips these days: "Instant a$$hole, just add alcohol". 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    The airport or on an airplane is no place to be acting like an idiot. With all of the unruly passenger incidents being reported, they aren't just letting things slide now. As they shouldn't. I saw a shirt once that pretty much summed up a lot of the behavior you see in video clips these days: "Instant a$$hole, just add alcohol". 
    Yep, if you're an asshole, alcohol amplifies. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    They just posted an IG Live video of the “last practice”, looks like all systems go for next week. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Color me envious of those going!
  • Options
    2 months....

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    They just posted an IG Live video of the “last practice”, looks like all systems go for next week. 
    I just saw that. Great news.

Think they change the set by a song or two for the cities they already hit on the original FI tour? 
  • Options
    I just saw that. Great news.

Think they change the set by a song or two for the cities they already hit on the original FI tour? 
    Who knows with these guys? It's safe to assume there'll be the usual rotating song or two, but will they change it up based on the city & what they played last time? No idea. 

I know Swamp Song was in the rotation originally on the FI tour, and IIRC they broke out the Patient in early 2020... I didn't hear it, but someone said the Patient was in the IG video along w/ the Pot. 

Of those tunes I would love to hear Swamp Song as that would be a first for me, or the Patient... it's been a long time since I heard that live. 

At this point, if I get 7empest, I'll be a happy camper. Outside of Swamp Song, I don't realistically expect to hear any of my white whales at this point in their career (Jerk Off, 4 Degrees, Undertow, Right in Two)
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Yeah, the Patient was on the IG post last night. Been a while for me on that one as well.

Funny you mention Right in Two, thats my white whale. With the lyrics of that one, it would be fitting to add it. Can't wait for these shows!
  • Options
    these guys are on promptly at 8 off promptly at 11. very little chit chat.

look to length  of song to determine which "might" be possible to swap out