Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    If anyone ends up with a spare for Newark please lmk. Thinking it’s time to break the 20+ year live drought 
    May be able to help. I'll know tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll PM ya.
  • Options
    Thanks appreciate it 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Looks like Culling Voices replaced The Patient last night. Live debut.
    I’d be pissed honestly. 
    Ya not a good swap out at all and I think Culling Voices is an ok song. Wonder if this is the norm going forward. 
    Normally they only swap a song or two. This is likely one of the rotations for the whole run. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight in San Fran.
    They swapped out Opiate for Sober. Kept Culling Voices (which was awesome) instead of Eon Blue/The Patient. Was hoping to get 7empest, as this was probably my final FI show.

I did not check setlists going into tonight's show, so I was pleasantly surprised by the set. I didn't mind that they threw out Jambi or 46&2 or Parabola or AEnema or Stinkfist. I do wish they'd bring Lateralus back into the fold.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d be pissed honestly. 
    Ya not a good swap out at all and I think Culling Voices is an ok song. Wonder if this is the norm going forward. 
    Normally they only swap a song or two. This is likely one of the rotations for the whole run. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight in San Fran.
    They swapped out Opiate for Sober. Kept Culling Voices (which was awesome) instead of Eon Blue/The Patient. Was hoping to get 7empest, as this was probably my final FI show.

I did not check setlists going into tonight's show, so I was pleasantly surprised by the set. I didn't mind that they threw out Jambi or 46&2 or Parabola or AEnema or Stinkfist. I do wish they'd bring Lateralus back into the fold.

Looks like another great set. How did Sober sound? I am glad they switched out those as well. They are great tracks, but considering a lot of these cities got shows in 2019, it's nice they changed it up.

I wouldn't rule out Lateralus on this run. Pulling a lot of 2014's tour back in the mix. It can can replace a few songs in regards to duration, which is important. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d be pissed honestly. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHhpfVl92Y

I actually really like this song.  The guitar riff later on is what I believe Justin showed off in a video before the album was released?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d be pissed honestly. 

They played Sober?  Wow.  Didn't think they would do that again.  It's my least favorite TOOL song.  If they bring back Prison Sex now we are talking!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited January 2022
    The Patient is back swapping places with Right in Two. I would love to hear both of those songs. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    if you didnt know better, you might see a 13 song concert and think what the fuck......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    PJNB said:
    The Patient is back swapping places with Right in Two. I would love to hear both of those songs. 
    I'm really hoping for Right in Two at one of my shows... The Patient would be awesome, but I've heard it before, so if I miss it this spring I'm not too worried. RIT is probably my biggest white whale for this band (of which I don't have too many, I'm happy to say) 

Looks like CV is here to stay... one of my least favorite tunes by them, but it will be cool to see them sit around the front of the stage for something different. 

I was also hoping for 7empest on this tour too. I'm not holding my breath, but never say never I guess. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Any pictures of the posters? The art is usually killer.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Any pictures of the posters? The art is usually killer.
    https://tool-posters.com/

Some unique ones so far. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I'm really hoping for Right in Two at one of my shows... The Patient would be awesome, but I've heard it before, so if I miss it this spring I'm not too worried. RIT is probably my biggest white whale for this band (of which I don't have too many, I'm happy to say) 

Looks like CV is here to stay... one of my least favorite tunes by them, but it will be cool to see them sit around the front of the stage for something different. 

I was also hoping for 7empest on this tour too. I'm not holding my breath, but never say never I guess. 
    I still think 7empest will make several appearances. RIT, like you, is my whale. Really hope I get that in Boston or Newark. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    I do not like these switches. Stick to that opening night set. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    You don’t like variety?! You like the same predictable set list night after night?  You are in the distinct minority 
  • Options
    Jan 18th poster is one to be desired huh?
  • Options
    You don’t like variety?! You like the same predictable set list night after night?  You are in the distinct minority 
    I don’t like the switches being made. I’d rather have right in two and the patient not get switched out. Thanks for your input though. 
  • Options
    Tool's version of the nutsack vulture. 
  • Options
    Tool's version of the nutsack vulture. 
    Nothing will ever top that masterpiece.

Still ISO people.  Find me that shirt!
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    went to the Anaheim show, 3rd show since they started touring for Fear Inoculum. Easily my favorite show from them. Kinda bummed they swapped out Right In Two (my favorite song) for The Patient but it still was incredible. Maynard was chattier than usual, spoke 3 or 4 times instead of the usual hello and letting us know we can record the last song. being 11th row on Adam's side definitely helped the experience but man if you get a chance to see them, you gotta go. Danny is a living legend.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    went to the Anaheim show, 3rd show since they started touring for Fear Inoculum. Easily my favorite show from them. Kinda bummed they swapped out Right In Two (my favorite song) for The Patient but it still was incredible. Maynard was chattier than usual, spoke 3 or 4 times instead of the usual hello and letting us know we can record the last song. being 11th row on Adam's side definitely helped the experience but man if you get a chance to see them, you gotta go. Danny is a living legend.
    Nart was there!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Kinda almost won tix through our local rock radio station for the show in philly just now.  They're doing a Tool weekend ticket giveaway. Everytime they play a Tool song you have to be the "number caller". This one you had to be caller #50 and i was #35. I was more surprised that i got through than anything :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Have an extra pair to sell for UBS Arena 2/23 315 row 9. Paid 170 for pair, will listen to any fair offer. 
  • Options
    rotating set list. swapping out sober/opiate and eon blue apocalypse + the grudge/right in two

seems random now. at first it was show to show alternate. now its swap one set of songs and leave the other or swap both sets.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    3 WEEKS!!!!!

Me , my dude and his son. Will ve the son's  first rock show. apparently had went to a hip hop show once.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Good times m rat. Bring good earplugs for the kid.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    3 WEEKS!!!!!

Me , my dude and his son. Will ve the son's  first rock show. apparently had went to a hip hop show once.
    Awesome!!! I’m excited for these shows too. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Loujoe said:

but after indy 2019 might not be a bad idea. My shit started hurting about 1/2 way through until the 3 min intermission
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

but after indy 2019 might not be a bad idea. My shit started hurting about 1/2 way through until the 3 min intermission
    I have started to wear ear plugs at some indoor shows. I jacked up my ears as a teenager going to shows when you couldn’t hear anything but ringing in your ears for a day or two after really loud shows. I saw Bob Mould last year in a tiny venue and without plugs I would have miserable for a few days. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

I have started to wear ear plugs at some indoor shows. I jacked up my ears as a teenager going to shows when you couldn’t hear anything but ringing in your ears for a day or two after really loud shows. I saw Bob Mould last year in a tiny venue and without plugs I would have miserable for a few days. 

have this record of aircraft carrier sounds. CVN-65. took me back. was on 62 and 64. forgot just how much noise is on a ship

that. loud music most of my life.....drive a semi now......

had the buzzing at shows before.

fucking tool elevated that. whatever frequency their shit is had actual pain developing....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    mickeyrat said:
    rotating set list. swapping out sober/opiate and eon blue apocalypse + the grudge/right in two

seems random now. at first it was show to show alternate. now its swap one set of songs and leave the other or swap both sets.

I think they’re swapping Right in Two with The Patient. Both great songs but I really want RiT. The pattern the last week or so is they are playing same song two shows, then swapping. So if they play two shows in an area, like NY next week, both local shows can miss the song you really want and see the same set twice. Don’t get their logic, there probably isn’t any.