Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

wife wears the pants huh....
    And / or joining my buddy in Cleveland for my 3rd domestic show makes more sense than traveling internationally solo.

you were afraid to ask her, werent you.

hehehe
    Oh I mentioned it all right, at the worst possible time too. She didn’t like the idea, but we agreed to shelve it and think about it around the holidays. 

When the Cleveland show became realistic, it only makes sense as we’re trying to get to Ireland later in the summer anyway. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

And / or joining my buddy in Cleveland for my 3rd domestic show makes more sense than traveling internationally solo.

hehehe
    Oh I mentioned it all right, at the worst possible time too. She didn’t like the idea, but we agreed to shelve it and think about it around the holidays. 

When the Cleveland show became realistic, it only makes sense as we’re trying to get to Ireland later in the summer anyway. 

awesome. will be at that arena in July for RATM.....

meanwhile in March , I'll drive about 10 miles away for Nationwide.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

hehehe

Awesome… I’m psyched to have live shows back on my radar. & my wife knows when I tell her I’m going to a show without her that it’s for the best… for example, if the weather looks good, I told her i might get a cheap seat for Slipknot this Friday. She doesn’t get upset I don’t invite her, she (correctly) assumes that I know she won’t like the show. We have a good thing going in that regard. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Thanks all! The journey starts tomorrow! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

hehehe

Awesome… I’m psyched to have live shows back on my radar. & my wife knows when I tell her I’m going to a show without her that it’s for the best… for example, if the weather looks good, I told her i might get a cheap seat for Slipknot this Friday. She doesn’t get upset I don’t invite her, she (correctly) assumes that I know she won’t like the show. We have a good thing going in that regard. 
    I don’t dislike Slipknot, but my husband would do the same as you. I totally get it (and don’t blame him). 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

hehehe

I don’t dislike Slipknot, but my husband would do the same as you. I totally get it (and don’t blame him). 
    I like some, not all of their stuff… Any normal year and I probably wouldn’t consider this show, but I haven’t been to a concert since March of last year and there’s still $30 lawn seats available so f it. Unless there’s rain scheduled or something more important comes up, I’m there, 

& yeah… after that couples outing to see QOTSA play their self titled album 10 or so years ago, my wife is a-ok with me leaving her out of my concert plans. She’s not that into hard rock and we both know I enjoy these shows and she doesn’t… why force it?

She didn’t love the idea of me going to Ireland without her because we both want to get over to Ireland… I don’t blame her. 

She couldn’t give a shit of I go to Cleveland  or Buffalo without her.  :D
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Out for Dublin

in for Cleveland 

hehehe

me and my wife are the same. she used to be my concert buddy....it waned for her in the early child bearing years and has stayed that way since. I just let her know if Ed/PJ/Foo are coming. Otherwise, it's a dude night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Uh, the Opiate EP? Holy shit! The bass in these songs is INSANE! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Enjoy the ride, Chris. I can't believe you haven't listened to these albums yet. You're in for quite a ride.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Enjoy the ride, Chris. I can't believe you haven't listened to these albums yet. You're in for quite a ride.
    Dude, 'Part Of Me'? What the shit?! I love the tempo shifts. It reminds me of why I love Soundgarden so much! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Aenima...ok, trying not to judge just based on some of the track names. 'Stinkfist' fucking kills. What an opener! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Aenima...ok, trying not to judge just based on some of the track names. 'Stinkfist' fucking kills. What an opener! 
    Wait until Hooker with a Penis. 
  • Options
    One of my all time favorite albums. Wish they'd release these on vinyl, damnit!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,840
    mfc2006 said:
    One of my all time favorite albums. Wish they'd release these on vinyl, damnit!
    Same here!!
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 637
    aenima is on vinyl and its fantastic. i have one.
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have said re-release. I have Lateralus on picture disc Lp and it sounds pretty decent. Aenima was a pretty limited run from what I understand and there are a lot of bootlegs out there. A buddy of mine has a decent sounding boot, but I just wish they'd re-release their catalog on vinyl.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Me too :) Thoroughly played though, at this point.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Wait until Hooker with a Penis. 
    And the song is good too
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    benjs said:
    Me too :) Thoroughly played though, at this point.
    :)

(had to throw in Maiden — that vinyl is too bloody cool)

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    Wait to hear the bass on Invincible Chris..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Where does one start with this band? I know their famous record with Sober on it, but haven't listened to anything else of theirs. 
    Chronological order is best imo.
    Awesome! Which one is your favorite? 

Their most recent, 2019s Fear Inoculum is incredible. For the past two years, whenever I put on an older Tool album, I find myself wishing I was listening to the new album. 
    I agree. Never have I put on a new album by ANY band and my jaw literally open most of the time I was listening. Describing it to a buddy who hadn't heard it yet and wanted to know my thoughts, I said "it was like a fucking religious experience". 
    Yup---it's great. Aenima is my favorite of theirs, but Fear has surpassed Lateralus for #2.
    It has grown on me too but when I first heard it the reuse of certain guitar licks was disheartening.  It has been an oversight now as I was cranking Invincible this morning.

How about some damn Vinyl?
  • Options
    Please make sure you listen to Salival AFTER Aenima! @2-feign-reluctance
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Where does one start with this band? I know their famous record with Sober on it, but haven't listened to anything else of theirs. 

Their most recent, 2019s Fear Inoculum is incredible. For the past two years, whenever I put on an older Tool album, I find myself wishing I was listening to the new album. 
    I agree. Never have I put on a new album by ANY band and my jaw literally open most of the time I was listening. Describing it to a buddy who hadn't heard it yet and wanted to know my thoughts, I said "it was like a fucking religious experience". 
    Yup---it's great. Aenima is my favorite of theirs, but Fear has surpassed Lateralus for #2.
    It has grown on me too but when I first heard it the reuse of certain guitar licks was disheartening.  It has been an oversight now as I was cranking Invincible this morning.

The rate at which I see boots of the Tool albums sell on vinyl, an official release of them would be a gold mine for their record company.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The rate at which I see boots of the Tool albums sell on vinyl, an official release of them would be a gold mine for their record company.
    I bought a collection a while back in hopes that the Aenima album wasn't a boot but it was.  Got Salival boot too.  Good packaging on that.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mfc2006 said:
    Sorry, I should have said re-release. I have Lateralus on picture disc Lp and it sounds pretty decent. Aenima was a pretty limited run from what I understand and there are a lot of bootlegs out there. A buddy of mine has a decent sounding boot, but I just wish they'd re-release their catalog on vinyl.

well it only took how long to release the catalog for streaming?

and they do sell tote bags at shows, which frankly seems like a cruel joke.
    "HERES A BAG TO BUY VINYL WITH. JUST NOT OURS!!!!"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Alright folks, 3 albums in and this is like freaking destroying my brain! I can't believe I've slept on these records. Just so damn heavy! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mfc2006 said:

well it only took how long to release the catalog for streaming?

and they do sell tote bags at shows, which frankly seems like a cruel joke.
    "HERES A BAG TO BUY VINYL WITH. JUST NOT OURS!!!!"
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Alright folks, 3 albums in and this is like freaking destroying my brain! I can't believe I've slept on these records. Just so damn heavy! 
    You listening in order? Enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    Lateralus next... enjoy the ride indeed. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Lateralus next... enjoy the ride indeed. 
    Oh man, haha