Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,221
    PJNB said:
    I will never complain about Pearl Jams Ten Club ever again....

Because you didn't get fenway obstructed view with no notice of seat location or no mention on the ticket like the Sox do.

Or lose out on a lifetime seniority caste system for tickets. I love  this band and their fans but their ticketing system makes a tough situation worse. 
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    $499.98 Prices are all in USD.

VIP Package Includes:

• One (1) premium reserved ticket to see Tool live*
    • Parking for one (1) vehicle
    • Early access to venue
    • Exclusive access to Tool’s soundcheck
    • Commemorative group photo with members of the band **
    • Limited edition merchandise kit featuring a special garment and other exclusive VIP merchandise not available anywhere else
    • Access to exclusive VIP pre-show area
    • Dedicated check in area
    • On-site experience host

* seat selection and location will vary by show

** group photo will include some band members and will vary per show. There is no guaranteed meet + greet included with this offering

All sales are final - no refunds or exchanges will be issued. VIP packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present with valid photo ID. All VIP package holders will be subject to the terms and conditions set here and will be required to sign an additional waiver on-site prior to participating in the VIP experience.

Wish they had a pre sale tickets for just regular seats to the show.
    Ya I wish they did too. They worded it in a way that they were going to on social media. They then had tons of comments about there being a non vip presale and they decided to take everyones money and not clarify the matter. I just threw away $50 USD. 
    I don't remember Tool ever selling single pre sale tickets to their shows at Tool Army. They usually sold VIP packages only. There was so much talk about single ticket pre sales for this tour. But no dice! :( 

The $50 membership is worth it. Can't remember how much I paid many, many year's back. My membership doesn't expire till 2100.
    Ya that seems great but the new memberships are only 1 year long. Not a great deal. 
    Especially when you don't even need to be a member to access the VIP presale

Not until after the big cities sold out.

Milwaukee and Toronto STILL available. Brooklyn Newark and Boston were gone right away. Why dont bands play shows in ratio to population?

Seems the easiest way to maximize profit and minimize road wear and tear.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

VIP Package Includes:

• Early access to venue
    • Limited edition merchandise kit featuring a special garment and other exclusive VIP merchandise not available anywhere else

** group photo will include some band members and will vary per show. There is no guaranteed meet + greet included with this offering

All sales are final - no refunds or exchanges will be issued. VIP packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present with valid photo ID. All VIP package holders will be subject to the terms and conditions set here and will be required to sign an additional waiver on-site prior to participating in the VIP experience.

Ya I wish they did too. They worded it in a way that they were going to on social media. They then had tons of comments about there being a non vip presale and they decided to take everyones money and not clarify the matter. I just threw away $50 USD. 
    I don't remember Tool ever selling single pre sale tickets to their shows at Tool Army. They usually sold VIP packages only. There was so much talk about single ticket pre sales for this tour. But no dice! :( 

The $50 membership is worth it. Can't remember how much I paid many, many year's back. My membership doesn't expire till 2100.
    Ya that seems great but the new memberships are only 1 year long. Not a great deal. 

Not until after the big cities sold out.

Milwaukee and Toronto STILL available. Brooklyn Newark and Boston were gone right away. Why dont bands play shows in ratio to population?

Seems the easiest way to maximize profit and minimize road wear and tear.
    How do I access the Milwaukee pre-sale if I'm not a member?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

VIP Package Includes:

• Early access to venue

I'm thinking that was a mistake, because I wasn't able to access the presale through Toolband without logging in and they were pretty clear in the announcement that this was for Tool Army members only.

What's done is done, and this does nothing to ease the sting for people who bought the membership expecting normal presale tickets, but I don't think the link for the public on sale of VIP packages was supposed to go live today. (in the past they've offered the VIP packages up to the general public when they weren't selling out in the fan club, so maybe they had this set up in advance & it went live by mistake?)

Or maybe they're just money grubbing whores and don't care, either scenario is possible... and both scenarios are possible too, they certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

• Options
    dudeman said:
    I read around the time of the last album that Maynard's approach to vocals is to think of his voice as another instrument in the band. Not necessarily the frontman. 

He said he sometimes wants his voice placed lower in the mix so as to not detract from the other musicians, but to support them.

I still haven't listened to FI but I wonder if this is the case as well as his screaming voice not being what it once was. 
    This seems very evident on FI. I am missing maynards angelic climactic melodic peaks ala the 7 minute mark of Jambi, among many older songs.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,227
    I wonder for the tour if they are they gonna change their no video taping/camera policy?

Also anyone hear of the opening band, Killing Joke? Gonna try for philly tix.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    I read around the time of the last album that Maynard's approach to vocals is to think of his voice as another instrument in the band. Not necessarily the frontman. 

He said he sometimes wants his voice placed lower in the mix so as to not detract from the other musicians, but to support them.

I still haven't listened to FI but I wonder if this is the case as well as his screaming voice not being what it once was. 
    This seems very evident on FI. I am missing maynards angelic climactic melodic peaks ala the 7 minute mark of Jambi, among many older songs.

To each his own, I think Maynard's vocals are pretty great on Fear Inoculum, and I'm also glad it's not more of the same (change is good). Considering all we have to appreciate from that guy's many projects, I'm pretty ok with his role not being as prominent as others this time around.

I'm also happy that Adam's guitars are in the forefront for this album. I've always felt like Adam gets outshined by the other three guys being as dominant as they are, so I was very pleasantly surprised to hear all the guitar work on FI.

I think it's brilliant.

• Options
    I wonder for the tour if they are they gonna change their no video taping/camera policy?

Remember the song The Wait on Metallica's Garage Days?  That's them.
  • Options

I would be shocked if they changed their camera / taping policy at this point in time. If anything, other bands are following suit, and the last few Maynard shows I've been to (Puscifer, APC) have all had relentless security... so I doubt it.
    RE: Killing Joke - I only know one album by them, and even then it's a remake of their self titled, but with Dave Grohl playing drums... it's amazing.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,128

I would be shocked if they changed their camera / taping policy at this point in time. If anything, other bands are following suit, and the last few Maynard shows I've been to (Puscifer, APC) have all had relentless security... so I doubt it.
    RE: Killing Joke - I only know one album by them, and even then it's a remake of their self titled, but with Dave Grohl playing drums... it's amazing.

They were using the no camera policy a few months ago.  I don't see that changing and I hope they keep it...that was great.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2019
    I wouldn’t pay 500 a ticket to see any band, even if it meant getting a back rub from Matt, while Stone and Jeff massaged each foot. And Mike and Ed strummed the guitar and jammed. And Boom and I smoked a fat ass Hawaiian power joint. Okay, I lied. I would pay for that. Lol
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    I wouldn’t pay 500 a ticket to see any band, even if it meant getting a back rub from Matt, while Stone and Jeff massaged each foot. And Mike and Ed strummed the guitar and jammed. And Boom and I smoked a fat ass Hawaiian power joint. Okay, I lied. I would pay for that. Lol
    you had me at "boom and I smoked a fat ass hawaiian power joint". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    I wouldn't even pay $500 to burn one with all the members of Pearl Jam and/or Tool in the same room.  I'd love to do it, but I'm not paying $500 to do so.
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 788
    edited September 2019
    Did anyone else think the actual video part of the cd package played video with all of the actual album audio?  Had no idea it was just a video and not a video to each song.
    Post edited by Deadman on
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I read somewhere that there are 3 different versions of the back side of the CD. Anyone confirm? Mine just shows that geometric shape thing and the blue coil from the cover.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 788
    I read somewhere that there are 3 different versions of the back side of the CD. Anyone confirm? Mine just shows that geometric shape thing and the blue coil from the cover.
    Mine too but yes, read the same.
  • Options
    Deadman said:
    Mine too but yes, read the same.
    There are three that I know of, and I think the one w/ the 6 pointed star is the most rare.
  • Options
    3 plus the promo
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Reading the nightmares on the album shipping I feel like Cartman at school after watching the Terrence and Philip movie. "Yes, I have a physical copy of the new Tool album. Who wants to touch me. I said WHO WANTS TO FUCKING TOUCH ME?!"
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    3 plus the promo

26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^ Thanks for that. I have #1.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,014
    Wonder which new songs will make the setlist cut?? 
    Havent been to a Tool show since they toured Oz for the 10,000 days record, how many songs and timeframe are we talking?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    ^^^ Thanks for that. I have #1.

FYI that pic is mixing the text explaining that picture 4 isnt actually a variant, its just a bad picture of variant 1 as you can see by the messed up bar code.
  • Options
    I have #3.

There is no #4.

3 is the rarest of the bunch so far.
  • Options
    4 has the best UPC bar code I have ever seen. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,227

Oh wow, yeah I remember that song. Was expecting a newer band I guess.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Oh wow, yeah I remember that song. Was expecting a newer band I guess.

TOOL has always done interesting openers.  Meshuggah, Isis, Mastodon, Flaming Lips.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

VIP Package Includes:

• Early access to venue

I'm thinking that was a mistake, because I wasn't able to access the presale through Toolband without logging in and they were pretty clear in the announcement that this was for Tool Army members only.

What's done is done, and this does nothing to ease the sting for people who bought the membership expecting normal presale tickets, but I don't think the link for the public on sale of VIP packages was supposed to go live today. (in the past they've offered the VIP packages up to the general public when they weren't selling out in the fan club, so maybe they had this set up in advance & it went live by mistake?)

Or maybe they're just money grubbing whores and don't care, either scenario is possible... and both scenarios are possible too, they certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

VIP is much fairer than 10C. Charging the same price front row vs obstructed view a mile from the stage? Seriously?

TM presale used to do a blind auction. They'd post a batch of seats for the first 7 rows and you put in the money you are willing to spend. 

You either get the premium seats or you dont. That's a heck of a lot fairer than demanding money for no seat location and guess what, you find out months later you have zero view of the stage. Thanks 10C.