Tool

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266
    I have #3.

There is no #4.

3 is the rarest of the bunch so far.
    Actually this is the rarest 😂

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,633
    edited September 2019

Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    $499.98 Prices are all in USD.

VIP Package Includes:

• One (1) premium reserved ticket to see Tool live*
    • Parking for one (1) vehicle
    • Early access to venue
    • Exclusive access to Tool’s soundcheck
    • Commemorative group photo with members of the band **
    • Limited edition merchandise kit featuring a special garment and other exclusive VIP merchandise not available anywhere else
    • Access to exclusive VIP pre-show area
    • Dedicated check in area
    • On-site experience host

* seat selection and location will vary by show

** group photo will include some band members and will vary per show. There is no guaranteed meet + greet included with this offering

All sales are final - no refunds or exchanges will be issued. VIP packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present with valid photo ID. All VIP package holders will be subject to the terms and conditions set here and will be required to sign an additional waiver on-site prior to participating in the VIP experience.

Wish they had a pre sale tickets for just regular seats to the show.
    Ya I wish they did too. They worded it in a way that they were going to on social media. They then had tons of comments about there being a non vip presale and they decided to take everyones money and not clarify the matter. I just threw away $50 USD. 
    I don't remember Tool ever selling single pre sale tickets to their shows at Tool Army. They usually sold VIP packages only. There was so much talk about single ticket pre sales for this tour. But no dice! :( 

The $50 membership is worth it. Can't remember how much I paid many, many year's back. My membership doesn't expire till 2100.
    Ya that seems great but the new memberships are only 1 year long. Not a great deal. 
    Especially when you don't even need to be a member to access the VIP presale

I'm thinking that was a mistake, because I wasn't able to access the presale through Toolband without logging in and they were pretty clear in the announcement that this was for Tool Army members only.

What's done is done, and this does nothing to ease the sting for people who bought the membership expecting normal presale tickets, but I don't think the link for the public on sale of VIP packages was supposed to go live today. (in the past they've offered the VIP packages up to the general public when they weren't selling out in the fan club, so maybe they had this set up in advance & it went live by mistake?)

Or maybe they're just money grubbing whores and don't care, either scenario is possible... and both scenarios are possible too, they certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

VIP is much fairer than 10C. Charging the same price front row vs obstructed view a mile from the stage? Seriously?

TM presale used to do a blind auction. They'd post a batch of seats for the first 7 rows and you put in the money you are willing to spend. 

You either get the premium seats or you dont. That's a heck of a lot fairer than demanding money for no seat location and guess what, you find out months later you have zero view of the stage. Thanks 10C.
    How many times has 10c given you seats with an obstructed view or zero view of the stage?

• Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I have #3.

There is no #4.

I don't count advanced copies...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,039

Horse2345 said:
    5PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    $499.98 Prices are all in USD.

VIP Package Includes:

• One (1) premium reserved ticket to see Tool live*
    • Parking for one (1) vehicle
    • Early access to venue
    • Exclusive access to Tool’s soundcheck
    • Commemorative group photo with members of the band **
    • Limited edition merchandise kit featuring a special garment and other exclusive VIP merchandise not available anywhere else
    • Access to exclusive VIP pre-show area
    • Dedicated check in area
    • On-site experience host

* seat selection and location will vary by show

** group photo will include some band members and will vary per show. There is no guaranteed meet + greet included with this offering

All sales are final - no refunds or exchanges will be issued. VIP packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present with valid photo ID. All VIP package holders will be subject to the terms and conditions set here and will be required to sign an additional waiver on-site prior to participating in the VIP experience.

Wish they had a pre sale tickets for just regular seats to the show.
    Ya I wish they did too. They worded it in a way that they were going to on social media. They then had tons of comments about there being a non vip presale and they decided to take everyones money and not clarify the matter. I just threw away $50 USD. 
    I don't remember Tool ever selling single pre sale tickets to their shows at Tool Army. They usually sold VIP packages only. There was so much talk about single ticket pre sales for this tour. But no dice! :( 

The $50 membership is worth it. Can't remember how much I paid many, many year's back. My membership doesn't expire till 2100.
    Ya that seems great but the new memberships are only 1 year long. Not a great deal. 
    Especially when you don't even need to be a member to access the VIP presale

I'm thinking that was a mistake, because I wasn't able to access the presale through Toolband without logging in and they were pretty clear in the announcement that this was for Tool Army members only.

What's done is done, and this does nothing to ease the sting for people who bought the membership expecting normal presale tickets, but I don't think the link for the public on sale of VIP packages was supposed to go live today. (in the past they've offered the VIP packages up to the general public when they weren't selling out in the fan club, so maybe they had this set up in advance & it went live by mistake?)

Or maybe they're just money grubbing whores and don't care, either scenario is possible... and both scenarios are possible too, they certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

VIP is much fairer than 10C. Charging the same price front row vs obstructed view a mile from the stage? Seriously?

TM presale used to do a blind auction. They'd post a batch of seats for the first 7 rows and you put in the money you are willing to spend. 

You either get the premium seats or you dont. That's a heck of a lot fairer than demanding money for no seat location and guess what, you find out months later you have zero view of the stage. Thanks 10C.
    How many times has 10c given you seats with an obstructed view or zero view of the stage?

Incoming Fenway rant!
  • Options
    Just finished my treadmill session and came to this conclusion. 

This is the album of the year. Hands down. No one can even come close.
     Rollingstone magazine or some other rag publication will have a year end list and I would even be surprised if Tool makes the top 20. Shawn Mendez, Little Nas X or some bullshit that won’t be listened to by Christmas will get it. 
    This Tool album will be referenced by bands for influence for decades to come. Everything about it is revolutionary. The mix, the song lengths, even the filler tracks are awesome. I would love to see them play this whole album live from front to back. To get a new perspective only live music can bring. It continues to grow on me with each listen. I am very happy with this release. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079

Rollingstone magazine or some other rag publication will have a year end list and I would even be surprised if Tool makes the top 20. Shawn Mendez, Little Nas X or some bullshit that won’t be listened to by Christmas will get it. 
    This Tool album will be referenced by bands for influence for decades to come. Everything about it is revolutionary. The mix, the song lengths, even the filler tracks are awesome. I would love to see them play this whole album live from front to back. To get a new perspective only live music can bring. It continues to grow on me with each listen. I am very happy with this release. 
    with such a long break and so much anticipation (off the charts, really), this album was doomed to be a disappointing failure. they knocked it out of the park. you are right. album of the year, at LEAST. this album has single handedly made me a fan again. it is a masterpiece.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I have #3.

There is no #4.

Nice!! :D
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options

with such a long break and so much anticipation (off the charts, really), this album was doomed to be a disappointing failure. they knocked it out of the park. you are right. album of the year, at LEAST. this album has single handedly made me a fan again. it is a masterpiece.  

I'm on my second listen and yes it's a TOOL album but it's not knocking my sox off.

It will win grammy for best packaging though.

I'm looking for that one hook or drum part that draws me down the rabbit hole but I haven't found it yet...
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Nice!! Its a totally different experience while on a run or bike ride. You can almost absorb the music and it moves you in such a way that you tend to glide. Before you know it the album is over and your left feeling that, wow, WTF just came over me. Had my best 8-mile run listening to this album for the first time.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 261
    Beginning of 'Descending' sounds alot like the Peach cover 'You Lied' on Salival.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    The slide guitar on Descending is f’ing awesome. 
    I Want to post the same thing!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Descending s EPIC..there isa no other word to decribe it 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'm just not hearing what you guys are apparently.

Maybe my Danny version is a different recording altogether?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    I'm just not hearing what you guys are apparently.

Maybe my Danny version is a different recording altogether?
    Have you listened with headphones on? Completely different experience. I am not as wowed either, but I definitely was more impressed with the musicianship listening through headphones where you can immerse in the sounds without distraction. I think this album still ranks last for me overall. Great album and a progression of their music, but lacking some of the punch I really enjoy from their previous albums. Still the best rock album released this year by far.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Between costs, availability and TicketMaster BS, tomorrow is going to be an infuriating disaster.  Trying for two shows at the same time will make it twice as bad.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,014
    The slide guitar on Descending is f’ing awesome. 
    I Want to post the same thing!
    Agree! Around the 7minute mark! Brilliant! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,723
    edited September 2019
    https://store.toolband.com/collections/all/products/tool-fear-inoculum-limited-edition-cd-package

We are excited to announce that due to overwhelming demand for the FEAR INOCULUM deluxe CD package, a small additional quantity is being made. We are offering a very limited pre-order for this final run of deluxe CD packages, which will be available exclusively via store.tooband.com. For US orders, this offer is available NOW for today only (until 11:59pm ET). For International orders, this offer is available for tomorrow only starting at 1:00pm ET (until 11:59pm ET). Those who pre-order will receive a download of the digital album featuring several bonus tracks. The CD packages should be ready to ship at the end of September.

[US ONLY] Fear Inoculum (Limited Edition CD Package + Digital Download)

Regular price
    $45.98

This item is only available to US customers until 11:59 PM EST Thursday, September 5th.

The album is in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.

Tracklisting

1. Fear Inoculum
    2. Pneuma
    3. Invincible
    4. Descending
    5. Culling Voices
    6. Chocolate Chip Trip
    7. 7empest

The CD packages should be ready to ship at the end of September. Limit of 5 per order. 

Orders placed before 11:59 PM EST Thursday, September 5th will receive a digital download of the album featuring several bonus tracks. You will receive a separate email with separate instructions on how to redeem your download after purchase. 1 digital download per order.

International limited edition will be available Friday, September 6th.

• Options
    Between costs, availability and TicketMaster BS, tomorrow is going to be an infuriating disaster.  Trying for two shows at the same time will make it twice as bad.

Ya I have already told myself stubhub is the way I am going to have to go. I hope I get lucky tomorrow if not what else are you going to do. I am going to be patient though and wait for a decent price. We plan to sit back a bit so we have that going for us. What shows you doing? 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,227
    Why did they call it 7empest? Why not just Tempest?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    PJNB said:

Ya I have already told myself stubhub is the way I am going to have to go. I hope I get lucky tomorrow if not what else are you going to do. I am going to be patient though and wait for a decent price. We plan to sit back a bit so we have that going for us. What shows you doing? 
    Yeah, agreed, prepared for Stubhub I guess.  We try to be in line with the stacks rather than visuals and that GA floor post has me confused. 
    Chicago and Milwaukee.  You?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,392

A small additional quantity is being made.

We are offering a very limited pre-order

Limit of 5 per order.

Hmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Yeah, agreed, prepared for Stubhub I guess.  We try to be in line with the stacks rather than visuals and that GA floor post has me confused. 
    Chicago and Milwaukee.  You?

Boston first but if I somehow pull a pair for the Mohegen Sun show and not Boston. I would go to that though I expect it to the he harder show to get.  Good luck tomorrow everyone. 
  • Options
    I read in some review of the album, it may be because of the time signature used. Something in a seven count. Or some really smart musician speak that I have no idea about. Just love the song and the album. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,012

We're going to try to score with the public sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    dudeman said:

We're going to try to score with the public sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck to you and all trying! Keeping fingers crossed for a pair each night in Toronto (wishful thinking).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I read in some review of the album, it may be because of the time signature used. Something in a seven count. Or some really smart musician speak that I have no idea about. Just love the song and the album. 
    Also heard somewhere the album had themes of 7 running through it? Not sure if that’s correct or not? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    My top 3 from the new album in no particular order

descending
    culling voices
    tempest

its like picking a favourite child though. And I need to listen to the record with good quality headphones. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Good luck to all going for tickets today.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2019
    Gonna need it for Mohegan Sun.
    Thankfully I already have my TD Garden in hand thanks to work box suite. Good luck everyone! I think its gonna be a nightmare.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,227
    Also heard somewhere the album had themes of 7 running through it? Not sure if that’s correct or not? 
    oh ok

Less than 2 hours before tix go on sale here.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly