Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,545
    I've  listen to the CD a couple of times and it's not really grabbing me.  I've only played it in my Car , so i'll have to listen on my Home stereo system.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    iammine16 said:
    Incredible packaging! Absolutely love this album!
    Don't you dare point that at me!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    The slide guitar on Descending is f’ing awesome. 
    Reminds me of One of these days by Pink Floyd
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I enjoyed Invincible more when I listened to it in isolation. Probably because I was fatigued by the time I got to it with my first 2 listens.
    Culling Voices I'm loving more and more
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    This is a sonic experience in full 24-bit quality on good headphones. Wow. 
    Agreed. This is the way to listen to the album. The drumming really shines in Hi-Res audio. I don't know why they bothered with the archaic CD format. If you're going to put out more than 80 minutes of music, it should be done digitally.
    The drumming really shines on my Audio Technica headphones.

Is there any truth to the claim by one fan on Tool's Facebook page that the sound quality is better on the CD than the iTunes download?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Anyone got an extra copy?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    There's something magical, something soothing, something spiritual about staring at the clouds against a blue sky and breathing the cool Spring breeze whilst Pneuma plays
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Agreed. This is the way to listen to the album. The drumming really shines in Hi-Res audio. I don't know why they bothered with the archaic CD format. If you're going to put out more than 80 minutes of music, it should be done digitally.

Is there any truth to the claim by one fan on Tool's Facebook page that the sound quality is better on the CD than the iTunes download?
    Same here, the ATH-M50x!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

Same here, the ATH-M50x!
    Mine are the ATH-M40x
  • Options

Same here, the ATH-M50x!
    Mine are the ATH-M40x
    Also part of the ATH club...I think mine are the M50s.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,012
    I have a pair of M50x, too. Compared to my Shure and Roland cans, the ATs are superior in nearly every way. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    edited September 2019
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    I am sure the info is right in front of me but can someone explain if it is worth it to do the Tool Army for the presale? 
    I've been in TA since they started it and honestly can't remember. Non-festival shows around me have been so infrequent and presales even more so. I fully expect their website to seize and die on Wednesday. 
    I need to look more into this. So its on their website? I do so more digging when I get home Monday from vacation. 

It's now $50 a year to join TA and VIP is usually $500. So if Tool comes near your town once every 5 years that's a $750 committment for VIP. (Tool has not headlined in NYC since 2006, not counting shared stage festivals).

I'd love to buy VIP tickets but not the $50 each year. $20/yr for a club  is plenty. Especially to have a great forum like this 

In the past they have at times opened up VIP to all fans but you have to watch all the shows sell out first and hope they open up the VIP. Tool has generated such a huge buzz it looks like ticket availability will be in the Pearl Jam difficulty level to buy.

Current tour info is very limited. How difficult is it to provide all options for fans in advance and let them know what seats they are buying at time of purchase? Reminds me of this other band...

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Yea, got a feeling this is going to be a tough ticket to score.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    Hard to believe that there isn’t any screaming on this album.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    At least 10c delivers on their commitment to making presale tickets available. This is the first time in over 10 years of being a member of Tool Army that I’ve seen them secure non VIP tickets for presale, which was the reason why I joined in the first place. Tool’s fanclub sucks. 

If I wasn’t a lifetime member, I would have let my membership lapse years ago. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Tool’s fanclub sucks. 

Wait, they offered a lifetime membership? Yeah, I can't fork over another $50 without even knowing how the pre-sale will go down. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,385
    Tool’s fanclub sucks. 

Wait, they offered a lifetime membership? Yeah, I can't fork over another $50 without even knowing how the pre-sale will go down. 
    If you signed up before a certain date, you're in for good
  • Options
    Tool’s fanclub sucks. 

I can’t recall if all memberships were lifetime or if that was just the package I selected when I joined (I think it was the former).

A few years ago they announced that they were ending the lifetime membership option & changing to an annual membership, but the previously purchased lifetime memberships would still be honored. 
  • Options
    I haven't seen Tool live but I have heard that they don't deviate from the studio versions of their songs.

If so, that's kind of a bummer but it would still be nice to go for the A/V spectacle. 

Those that have seen them: Is it worth the hundreds of dollars, the hassle of getting tickets and traveling to the show?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,922
    mr bungle said:
    Tool, Pearl Jam & Faith No More are my all time favorites in no particular order. In the last 2.5 years I've been lucky enough to see them a combined ten times.

I'm a very grateful fan. 

Wow man!  You just nailed my top 3 also.  We must have been separated at birth.  Great taste Merkin!
    Ha, possible! I love the handle (I think I've mentioned this before!). Did you see this picture from the Dead Cross show in NYC this week? 

https://twitter.com/fnmfollowers/status/908449706820472833

Imagine Patton, Spruance, Lombardo & Dunn in a band together? Those guys could own the world. 
    It’s happening!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423

By nature a CD is always going to be better quality than an iTunes download. A CD is uncompressed whereas iTunes Store is 256k AAC.
  • Options

By nature a CD is always going to be better quality than an iTunes download. A CD is uncompressed whereas iTunes Store is 256k AAC.
    Thanks!
    What happens if I rip a CD to mp3?
    Does it lose its quality?
  • Options
    Culling Voices is stuck in my head
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,213
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Thanks!
    What happens if I rip a CD to mp3?
    Does it lose its quality?
    Yes.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2019
    dudeman said:
    I haven't seen Tool live but I have heard that they don't deviate from the studio versions of their songs.

If so, that's kind of a bummer but it would still be nice to go for the A/V spectacle. 

Those that have seen them: Is it worth the hundreds of dollars, the hassle of getting tickets and traveling to the show?
    Tool is an experience like no other. To see 4 guys pull off that stuff live mixed with an unbelievable light show and video screens transports you to a different world. You are mesmerized from lights off to lights on. Worth every penny. Seen them maybe 8-10 times. First time in a small theater in 1996 or 97. Last time a couple years ago. Phenomenal every time. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Going off audience recordings, the new material is played way punchier live. And that GONG!
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Tool is an experience like no other. To see 4 guys pull off that stuff live mixed with an unbelievable light show and video screens transports you to a different world. You are mesmerized from lights off to lights on. Worth every penny. Seen them maybe 8-10 times. First time in a small theater in 1996 or 97. Last time a couple years ago. Phenomenal every time. 
    Thanks for that. I'll definitely try to get tickets if they come to my neck of the woods. 
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited September 2019
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:

Thanks for that. I'll definitely try to get tickets if they come to my neck of the woods. 
    I’ve only seen them once. If they came to my neck of the woods I might go again. I wouldn’t put in travel money or pay over face value to go. A PJ show blows Tool out of the water. Not even close.
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    I can’t even compare the two. While PJ is my favorite band and the songs mean a lot more to me. They are not the visual experience that Tool are. PJ is better live but Tool is right up there. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.