A girl told me I creep her out

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    you can stop projecting,supposing or just plain guessing at other peoples motives. you dont seem to have a good track record in that area.
    besides it seems like its a primary weapon you use against yourself.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Malroth said:

Embrace the creep.

Unless your Jared Fogle,( or have tendencies in that spectrum), it just means your different.
    It means your unique. It means you may look like Steve Buschemi.

I didn't know who Jared was, had to Google him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    And guys can't be?

mickeyrat had good advice right above your post; in fact, there's been much valuable insight. Whether you choose to consider any of it is in your hands.

Good luck.
    hedonist said:

And guys can't be?

mickeyrat had good advice right above your post; in fact, there's been much valuable insight. Whether you choose to consider any of it is in your hands.

Good luck.
    Yes guys can be, me for example.
    Thank you.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

She sat away from her usual seat in today's lecture and left the lecture early which she has never done before. Probably to avoid me walking to the train station afterwards. I feel like I am making her flee from me and it's making me feel uneasy.
    I have two classes with her tomorrow one which I need to sit at a table with her to work together on our assignment.
    I wish trouble would leave me alone.

Sounds to me like trouble is leaving you alone.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419

She sat away from her usual seat in today's lecture and left the lecture early which she has never done before. Probably to avoid me walking to the train station afterwards. I feel like I am making her flee from me and it's making me feel uneasy.
    I have two classes with her tomorrow one which I need to sit at a table with her to work together on our assignment.
    I wish trouble would leave me alone.

or she had somewhere to go or maybe just had to pee. a very high chance it had nothing to do with you. i doubt this girl is sitting around thinking of ways to avoid you. your mind is playing tricks on you. you need to stop focusing on this girl and think of something else.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Baseball.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    deadendp said:

Baseball.

Not American. More like Cricket
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

deadendp said:

Baseball.

Not American. More like Cricket
    Yes. But it is a summer sport.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    ehbacon said:

Hey guys,
    I don't know who else to talk to and am quite emotional (in tears) at the moment.
    This girl in my lectures and classes who I sit next to at university sent me a blunt message on facebook this morning saying that I creep her out. I admit I like her and asked her out, she said she's working and I asked next time and she said yeah. That was over a month ago and I haven't asked her out again as I wasn't sure. Last night I sent her youtube link of a video of her town.
    I woke up this morning and found the following message on my phone which left me shocked and feeling cold.

"So I don't know if you think it's funny or cool but it's actually starting to really creep me out that your looking up where I live and send me links. I can't stop you from looking at what's in my town if you really are interested but could you please stop sending me links I know what my town looks like I've lived here for 18 years

Thank you"

I replied to that message apologising and saying I won't send any more links.

We always clown around and tease each other in classes so I was joking around with her town. I thought she'd laugh about it, find it funny.
    Her reaction is so against how she's replied to me in person before during class.
    She's lives far away from me on the opposite side of town and I've never been to her town so was curious to see what it looks like.

I don't see myself as a creep and didn't realise I was creeping her out. I feel so embarrassed and disgusted at myself now.
    I'll avoid her in uni, not sit next to her to give her space but I feel so terrible that I am thought of as a creep.
    Sucks we need to do a group assignment together and meet at uni every week to work on it, I don't know how to go about it.
    Do I just do my part and email to the group.

Ask your professor to be moved to a different group and steer clear of her. Not sure if Australia has any Title IX equivalent over there, but if you do, you are putting yourself at risk with continued contact. Don't let one person try to define you - clearly it's both her 'circus' and her 'monkeys'.
    Title IX? Isn't that the equal pay act? and prohibits gender discrimination? I don't understand the connection?
    http://knowyourix.org/title-ix/title-ix-the-basics/

Read up kids. If you're in college you need to be aware of this. At the college I work at I deal with these exact situations all the time from a counseling perspective, but the referrals are ALWAYS sent from the conduct office because someone reported someone else won't 'leave them alone'. She sounds unpredictable, which means there's some chance that she could walk into your uni's conduct office and say anything she wants about what she 'thinks' you are doing. Am I going to the extreme? You betcha I am. I deal with these situations all of the time. Especially with young men who don't know how to handle these kinds of situations.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited May 2016

ehbacon said:

Hey guys,
    I don't know who else to talk to and am quite emotional (in tears) at the moment.
    This girl in my lectures and classes who I sit next to at university sent me a blunt message on facebook this morning saying that I creep her out. I admit I like her and asked her out, she said she's working and I asked next time and she said yeah. That was over a month ago and I haven't asked her out again as I wasn't sure. Last night I sent her youtube link of a video of her town.
    I woke up this morning and found the following message on my phone which left me shocked and feeling cold.

"So I don't know if you think it's funny or cool but it's actually starting to really creep me out that your looking up where I live and send me links. I can't stop you from looking at what's in my town if you really are interested but could you please stop sending me links I know what my town looks like I've lived here for 18 years

Thank you"

We always clown around and tease each other in classes so I was joking around with her town. I thought she'd laugh about it, find it funny.
    Her reaction is so against how she's replied to me in person before during class.
    She's lives far away from me on the opposite side of town and I've never been to her town so was curious to see what it looks like.

I don't see myself as a creep and didn't realise I was creeping her out. I feel so embarrassed and disgusted at myself now.
    I'll avoid her in uni, not sit next to her to give her space but I feel so terrible that I am thought of as a creep.
    Sucks we need to do a group assignment together and meet at uni every week to work on it, I don't know how to go about it.

Ask your professor to be moved to a different group and steer clear of her. Not sure if Australia has any Title IX equivalent over there, but if you do, you are putting yourself at risk with continued contact. Don't let one person try to define you - clearly it's both her 'circus' and her 'monkeys'.
    Title IX? Isn't that the equal pay act? and prohibits gender discrimination? I don't understand the connection?

Read up kids. If you're in college you need to be aware of this. At the college I work at I deal with these exact situations all the time from a counseling perspective, but the referrals are ALWAYS sent from the conduct office because someone reported someone else won't 'leave them alone'. She sounds unpredictable, which means there's some chance that she could walk into your uni's conduct office and say anything she wants about what she 'thinks' you are doing. Am I going to the extreme? You betcha I am. I deal with these situations all of the time. Especially with young men who don't know how to handle these kinds of situations.
    I don't think we have something like that here. But our uni has policies against harassment.
    Well, I am not sitting next to her so what's she got to say.
    I just read my uni's policies on harassment, I can't say I have done anything against them.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on

ehbacon said:

Hey guys,

Thank you"

I don't think we have something like that here. But our uni has policies against harassment.
    I just read my uni's policies on harassment, I can't say I have done anything against them.
    Again, I'm just talking plainly with you, I would drop all communication with her. All of it. And I would ask your professor to move you to another group. This happens all the time at the college I work at. It's not a big deal to ask for support and you'd take a shit load off stress off your plate by doing so. You may not be able to control when and where you'll see her on campus, but you sure as hell can control your own actions. 100% of the guys I've worked with in this nearly exact kind of situation all say it's difficult at first, lots of anxiety, lots of difficult emotions period, but once they get in the habit of zero interaction, it does get easier.
    www.cluthelee.com

ehbacon said:

Hey guys,

Thank you"

Again, I'm just talking plainly with you, I would drop all communication with her. All of it. And I would ask your professor to move you to another group. This happens all the time at the college I work at. It's not a big deal to ask for support and you'd take a shit load off stress off your plate by doing so. You may not be able to control when and where you'll see her on campus, but you sure as hell can control your own actions. 100% of the guys I've worked with in this nearly exact kind of situation all say it's difficult at first, lots of anxiety, lots of difficult emotions period, but once they get in the habit of zero interaction, it does get easier.
    I have stopped talking unless it is to do with our assignment which also involves the other person in the message or email. I have unfollowed her on facebook and set her as a restricted acquaintance on mine. I have one more week of classes to go so there is no point moving classes.
    I recommend a month or two of Lateralus by Tool on repeat as loud as you can reasonably stand it.

yes I am serious.

you're welcome
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

ehbacon said:

Hey guys,

Thank you"

I have stopped talking unless it is to do with our assignment which also involves the other person in the message or email. I have unfollowed her on facebook and set her as a restricted acquaintance on mine. I have one more week of classes to go so there is no point moving classes.
    All the best man. Keep channeling the nasty stuff through your music. Give it some place to go that's healthy and good and take good care of every part of your health. You're worth it - even if you can't see it when you feel like shit.
    www.cluthelee.com
    mickeyrat said:

I recommend a month or two of Lateralus by Tool on repeat as loud as you can reasonably stand it.

yes I am serious.

you're welcome

I haven't listened to Tool in ages and was stuck for ideas on my ipod for the train journey to uni. Thanks. Will listen tomorrow.
    edited May 2016

ehbacon said:

Hey guys,

Thank you"

All the best man. Keep channeling the nasty stuff through your music. Give it some place to go that's healthy and good and take good care of every part of your health. You're worth it - even if you can't see it when you feel like shit.
    Just anxious now reading your ix post. I hope nothing like that happens to me. Especially when I didn't mean anything by what she freaked out over. Thanks for the advice

mickeyrat said:

yes I am serious.

you're welcome

I haven't listened to Tool in ages and was stuck for ideas on my ipod for the train journey to uni. Thanks. Will listen tomorrow.
    to the exclusion of everything else.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

mickeyrat said:

yes I am serious.

you're welcome

I fully support this because it's what I listened to a month ago for 2 weeks straight!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited May 2016
    You just have to not worry about anything this girl does or has done. Erase it. If she engages you in conversation about things (which she might because many girls that age like to dangle the carrot)... you CANNOT pour out about her positioning in relation to you each day when walking to the train... or when she left class, where she sat, how you unfollowed her on facebook etc. Reciting these details would be no good and... creepy. You are putting way too much thought into it which will only dig a hole (that does not exist).
    If anything comes up about your 'friendship' or anything, just take it in stride. Look at her like someone you will not know in a couple months... and someone who doesn't give a shit. You cant give a shit either.

Self confidence is the number one thing. It is tough to obtain. Its a very tough balance. I know you have shot this down before... but you could take out a lot of your stress working out, dieting, etc and come out on the other end looking and feeling great. Hammer your studies and do the best you can do and continue it to finding a great job. A guy who is in shape, with money, and plays in mean guitar in their 30s will be the hunted. The world is out there for you. You have to go get it. All this self loathing, worrying about what others think of you, etc is negative and destructive. A mental cancer that will only hold you down. I'm no therapist, but as I mentioned, I sympathize with a lot of your situations because I 'suffered' from similar issues throughout a portion of my life.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2016

RKCNDY said:

she was probably trying to be nice instead of telling you to 'get the fuck away from me'. You are old enough to be her dad, and that's very unnerving for her. I went on a blind date with a guy who didn't tell me his age until the end. I was 18 and he was 34, that IS creepy. You really should stick to girls 25+. Just be cordial towards her, drop the subject of previous events, move forward.

Yeah this one was out of the norm and I am ashamed about it. Never again.
    Good idea. I completely missed the fact that there is a huge age difference. That changes everything to be honest. She has likely applied the "creepy" label to you because it is indeed creepy for any man that much older than an 18 year old to be showing interest romantically. But you have clearly realized this, so no harm done really, and lesson learned.
    Anyway, don't sweat it. She's some kid who doesn't know wtf life is even about yet, for the most part. Just treat her like you would treat any other stranger you're stuck in a project group with. Meaning stick to the topic at hand. The personal life or inner feelings of an 18 year old should not have any place in your thoughts or concerns.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    see you saying shamed and ashamed alot.

look into dr brenee brown. she has some good stuff on that.

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I think it's time to move on. Start by deleting this thread.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited May 2016
    Yep, forget her and start by removing this thread.
    Also, shoot for woman 21 and older....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Go for the younger ladies.

Middle aged ladies CREEP ME OUT!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    actually not a bad idea ... would highly recommend dating an older woman ... :blush:
    mickeyrat said:

see you saying shamed and ashamed alot.

look into dr brenee brown. she has some good stuff on that.

I just watched her Ted talk on shame.
    polaris_x said:

actually not a bad idea ... would highly recommend dating an older woman ... :blush:

I tried with a woman 6 years older than me and she turned me down.
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

she was probably trying to be nice instead of telling you to 'get the fuck away from me'. You are old enough to be her dad, and that's very unnerving for her. I went on a blind date with a guy who didn't tell me his age until the end. I was 18 and he was 34, that IS creepy. You really should stick to girls 25+. Just be cordial towards her, drop the subject of previous events, move forward.

Yeah this one was out of the norm and I am ashamed about it. Never again.
    Good idea. I completely missed the fact that there is a huge age difference. That changes everything to be honest. She has likely applied the "creepy" label to you because it is indeed creepy for any man that much older than an 18 year old to be showing interest romantically. But you have clearly realized this, so no harm done really, and lesson learned.
    Anyway, don't sweat it. She's some kid who doesn't know wtf life is even about yet, for the most part. Just treat her like you would treat any other stranger you're stuck in a project group with. Meaning stick to the topic at hand. The personal life or inner feelings of an 18 year old should not have any place in your thoughts or concerns.
    Yeah I regretted asking her out the day after, what was I thinking, I guess I just got caught up in the moment.
    It's making me feel depressed. I prefer women my age or older to be honest.