A girl told me I creep her out

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    RKCNDY said:

Are you still taking your medication and seeing your psychiatrist? The one you were talking to last June about your issues at work?

Yeah. Saw him two weeks ago and I was feeling better with a change in medication.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Annafalk said:

MayDay10 said:

talk her in person,this text message thing its always mess uip things

I already did, today.
    yep,just reading t5he thread,,that was my post at the your first post

2 thing imo..1st..seems to me she changes mood alot,so 1 min might be friendly,next keep distance and act weird
    2nd..she is 18?man,,dont get involved with that age..imo,,is too young and will do things u will not understand,as we all do at 18.,,.maybe a girl older,that she knows what she is doing and what she wants..
    personally i stay away from young women..,,im 44..i cant even think ill get involved with someone younger than 30-35 years old..must be older
    Yeah I normally try for girls no younger than 23 but I find that is even too young for me. This girl was an exception. I was regretting asking her out soon after I did before she said I ceeeped her out. I felt she was keen on me because she walked fast to catch up to me as I was walking to the train station and she messaged me first on Facebook. So I thought I better ask her before I get friendzoned. I thought ok she is younger but was being open minded. Never going to try for a girl that young again. I will live with this regret. I just hope we don't end up in any more classes in future but most likely will see her in lectures as she is studying the same subject.
    "Friendzone" is when a guy makes it way too obvious he is interested in a girl, turning her off romantically, and allowing her to kind of play with the guy the way a cat plays with a mouse. There is no turning back.

The key is, if you are attracted to a girl, don't make it obvious. Its like a card game, gotta keep it close to the vest. The girl 'friends' you on facebook and you immediately throw your cards face up on the table and ask her on a date. That's not a good move (and I could see it as potentially pretty overwhelming for an 18 year old girl). The right move would have to not accept her friend request for a few days, don't pay her too much 'direct' attention while in class/in the group, but allow your good qualities to shine out to be noticed (but not obvious). You have to make you giving time to her kind of a privilege to her.
    This sounds like a smart move, I also think that it's a good thing to be friends first. Love can grow from friendship.
    I thought I was being a friend first :-(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

Are you still taking your medication and seeing your psychiatrist? The one you were talking to last June about your issues at work?

Yeah. Saw him two weeks ago and I was feeling better with a change in medication.
    that's good. I hope you understand that there is only so much the people here can do to help you out. You mentioned that your mates were upset because you didn't follow their suggestions to leave her alone, and then you came here. Is there a reason you didn't listen to them? Obviously you trust them somewhat since you do talk to them. They know you better than any of us here, your psychiatrist knows you better then we do. They are your best resources when you have issues, but at some point you're going to have to live your own life for yourself, rather than depending on other people to tell you what to do and how to live your life.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

that's good. I hope you understand that there is only so much the people here can do to help you out. You mentioned that your mates were upset because you didn't follow their suggestions to leave her alone, and then you came here. Is there a reason you didn't listen to them? Obviously you trust them somewhat since you do talk to them. They know you better than any of us here, your psychiatrist knows you better then we do. They are your best resources when you have issues, but at some point you're going to have to live your own life for yourself, rather than depending on other people to tell you what to do and how to live your life.
    Yeah I know. I wouldn't listen to them as I didn't accept that this girl wasn't interested. I felt that she was.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    she was probably trying to be nice instead of telling you to 'get the fuck away from me'. You are old enough to be her dad, and that's very unnerving for her. I went on a blind date with a guy who didn't tell me his age until the end. I was 18 and he was 34, that IS creepy. You really should stick to girls 25+. Just be cordial towards her, drop the subject of previous events, move forward.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

she was probably trying to be nice instead of telling you to 'get the fuck away from me'. You are old enough to be her dad, and that's very unnerving for her. I went on a blind date with a guy who didn't tell me his age until the end. I was 18 and he was 34, that IS creepy. You really should stick to girls 25+. Just be cordial towards her, drop the subject of previous events, move forward.

Yeah this one was out of the norm and I am ashamed about it. Never again.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Don't be ashamed about it. Thanks to some bad parenting a lot of women are into older men.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    don't be ashamed at all. Look forward. Learning and improving every day
    I was just thinking the big age gap worked for both my sisters. I was wrong.
    Told you people I am a loser.
    I guess despair and desparation played a big part
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Girls like confidence and assholes which go hand in hand. Find another cute girl in your class and make sure this one sees you talking with her.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Girls like confidence and assholes which go hand in hand. Find another cute girl in your class and make sure this one sees you talking with her.

No more. They're all 19-20
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    to add to what i said above, and i hope the women on here don't take this the wrong way, but realize that woman are basically nuts :smiley: i still can't figure out what women are thinking from day to day.

you are not a loser at all. just confused about a situation. stop sweating it and beating yourself up about it. if you have friends i doubt they think you are a loser. oh and stop trying to figure out women and their actions. it's impossible. often times there is no reasonable explanations for how women act, especially younger women.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there are tons of 18 year olds dating 35 year olds ... it's not really about the age ... check out this story ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/7155867/Woman-creeped-out-when-man-she-met-online-sent-her-a-Tesco-delivery-of-her-favourite-foods-after-just-ONE-DATE.html

she says she was creeped out while her friends thought the gesture was adorable ... creeped out is so subjective ... you could walk down the street and be minding your own business and someone could say you creeped them out ... you didn't do anything wrong ... don't feel too bad about it ... if you like someone - ask them out ...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Occasionally failing, reading things / people incorrectly, etc...part of being a human being. It's how you handle it, handle yourself, and whether or not you learn from those events.

To jump to "I'm a loser" so quickly - even changing your av to that - I hope you do seek out your psychiatrist again (sounds like you saw them a couple weeks ago? Another visit could be in order).
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514

Someday you won't even remember this girl's name. Just keep playing guitar. You need someone who will appreciate how cool that is.

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,026
    I'm gonna tell you what man, you need to let this go and move on, just be done with it. Don't even question it anymore. Sooner you do the better you'll become down the road. Love, infatuations, life, etc can be a complicated journey at times, but when we count our chips and know it's time to keep what we have left (dignity, self respect, etc), walk away. Life is a beautiful thing and we only get it once, don't waste anymore of yours with something like this cause that's just another moment the one you're meant to fall in love with is walking past you everyday. Be strong, be cool, keep faith, listen to music and love your life… Eventually it all falls into place and makes sense.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

RKCNDY said:

Didn't you tell me earlier in this thread that you don't see a therapist cuz you can't afford one?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    edited May 2016
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Didn't you tell me earlier in this thread that you don't see a therapist cuz you can't afford one?
    I get 2 free consultations with this psychiatrist per year. My psychologist who I am comfortable talking to charges $200 for 50 minutes. My psychiatrist just checks to see how medication is going 3 months after prescribing and then 9 months later.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    :scream::skull: Drop the leash, move on, find somebody else. Don't care too much about what people think about you.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

text messaging is so much bullshit... especially when it goes beyond courtesy texts and the other person wants to have a full blown convo. you wanna talk to me friggin' call me. HATE it!

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • talk her in person,this text message thing its always mess uip things

text messaging is so much bullshit... especially when it goes beyond courtesy texts and the other person wants to have a full blown convo. you wanna talk to me friggin' call me. HATE it!

It is a wild ride watching youth live through their phones (not you op)
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    Next time she kicks you from behind, turn around and say "fuckin' knock it off, ya creep"....in her face and loud. Terrible advice but that's what I would do if I could relive my college days and had a similar situation.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    edited May 2016

I already did, today.
    yep,just reading t5he thread,,that was my post at the your first post

2 thing imo..1st..seems to me she changes mood alot,so 1 min might be friendly,next keep distance and act weird
    2nd..she is 18?man,,dont get involved with that age..imo,,is too young and will do things u will not understand,as we all do at 18.,,.maybe a girl older,that she knows what she is doing and what she wants..
    personally i stay away from young women..,,im 44..i cant even think ill get involved with someone younger than 30-35 years old..must be older
    Yeah I normally try for girls no younger than 23 but I find that is even too young for me. This girl was an exception. I was regretting asking her out soon after I did before she said I ceeeped her out. I felt she was keen on me because she walked fast to catch up to me as I was walking to the train station and she messaged me first on Facebook. So I thought I better ask her before I get friendzoned. I thought ok she is younger but was being open minded. Never going to try for a girl that young again. I will live with this regret. I just hope we don't end up in any more classes in future but most likely will see her in lectures as she is studying the same subject.
    I suggest trying the "not trying" method in the future. just be. thats it. just fucking be. what comes, comes.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971

Hey guys,
    I don't know who else to talk to and am quite emotional (in tears) at the moment.
    This girl in my lectures and classes who I sit next to at university sent me a blunt message on facebook this morning saying that I creep her out. I admit I like her and asked her out, she said she's working and I asked next time and she said yeah. That was over a month ago and I haven't asked her out again as I wasn't sure. Last night I sent her youtube link of a video of her town.
    I woke up this morning and found the following message on my phone which left me shocked and feeling cold.

"So I don't know if you think it's funny or cool but it's actually starting to really creep me out that your looking up where I live and send me links. I can't stop you from looking at what's in my town if you really are interested but could you please stop sending me links I know what my town looks like I've lived here for 18 years

Thank you"

I replied to that message apologising and saying I won't send any more links.

We always clown around and tease each other in classes so I was joking around with her town. I thought she'd laugh about it, find it funny.
    Her reaction is so against how she's replied to me in person before during class.
    She's lives far away from me on the opposite side of town and I've never been to her town so was curious to see what it looks like.

I don't see myself as a creep and didn't realise I was creeping her out. I feel so embarrassed and disgusted at myself now.
    I'll avoid her in uni, not sit next to her to give her space but I feel so terrible that I am thought of as a creep.
    Sucks we need to do a group assignment together and meet at uni every week to work on it, I don't know how to go about it.
    Do I just do my part and email to the group.

Ask your professor to be moved to a different group and steer clear of her. Not sure if Australia has any Title IX equivalent over there, but if you do, you are putting yourself at risk with continued contact. Don't let one person try to define you - clearly it's both her 'circus' and her 'monkeys'.
    Title IX? Isn't that the equal pay act? and prohibits gender discrimination? I don't understand the connection?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Embrace the creep.

Unless your Jared Fogle,( or have tendencies in that spectrum), it just means your different.
    It means your unique. It means you may look like Steve Buschemi.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:

Embrace the creep.

Unless your Jared Fogle,( or have tendencies in that spectrum), it just means your different.

Gah. I love Buscemi. And I love weird and unique as well. Ended up marrying one of those types :)

Thing is, it's important to see and respect other people's boundaries, to see outside of yourself. To not push it.

My first real serious relationship (I was 23, he was 32), he wanted to move in together after six or so weeks. I told him no, too soon, please don't rush me.

He rushed me, and that was it.

I don't think that's even a gender thing, just a human thing.
    She sat away from her usual seat in today's lecture and left the lecture early which she has never done before. Probably to avoid me walking to the train station afterwards. I feel like I am making her flee from me and it's making me feel uneasy.
    I have two classes with her tomorrow one which I need to sit at a table with her to work together on our assignment.
    I wish trouble would leave me alone.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

Malroth said:

Embrace the creep.

Gah. I love Buscemi. And I love weird and unique as well. Ended up marrying one of those types :)

Thing is, it's important to see and respect other people's boundaries, to see outside of yourself. To not push it.

My first real serious relationship (I was 23, he was 32), he wanted to move in together after six or so weeks. I told him no, too soon, please don't rush me.

He rushed me, and that was it.

I don't think that's even a gender thing, just a human thing.
    I had a wedding proposal after a month and a half or so. Put the brakes on that one. He was 4 years older. I don't know if he was desperate because his friends were getting married. BTW, he was not the man I married.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1