A girl told me I creep her out

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756

mickeyrat said:

see you saying shamed and ashamed alot.

look into dr brenee brown. she has some good stuff on that.

I just watched her Ted talk on shame.
    shes hooked in with oprah too. likely see more there from stuff they put together.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited May 2016
    Just googling online, this article and the comments below it kind of made me feel less shamed for having asked her out.
    http://www.nicknotas.com/blog/older-men-who-like-younger-women-arent-creeps/

Anyways different topic,
    I met this girl about my age or older when I played at an open mic a few months ago. She came up to me as I was sitting down at a table and seemed very open and friendly. I caught her looking at me a few times during the night as she sat at the bar with her friend. Problem was I was with a guy I know from the scene and I felt bad if I ditched him to pursue this girl. Anyways after the gig I sent her a friend request on Facebook and she accepted, we've commented on each other's posts from time to time. She's into the Goth scene which I am not into but I find her attractive. I haven't interacted with her in a while as she deactivated and then reactivated her account due to her study commitments. Don't know how I should reinstigate contact without coming across as creepy.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    "Hey. Havent seen you here in a while. Wondered how you were"
    Simple and straighforward as that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,656

. Don't know how I should reinstigate contact without coming across as creepy.

Send her a youtube video of her hometown.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

. Don't know how I should reinstigate contact without coming across as creepy.

Send her a youtube video of her hometown.
    Well played.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    So, I sat away from her in class today, as the class ended I pretty much walked out hastily to get to my next class, somehow she caught up to me and walked past me. We then got to the lift and both got in and I said hi, she said hi what's been happening. Just a few words. Got to our next class and she seemed fine. Was joking around with me. We walked to the train station with our assignment group member and she had to run to her platform as her train was a minute away leaving me and our other assignment group member. Confused.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004

So, I sat away from her in class today, as the class ended I pretty much walked out hastily to get to my next class, somehow she caught up to me and walked past me. We then got to the lift and both got in and I said hi, she said hi what's been happening. Just a few words. Got to our next class and she seemed fine. Was joking around with me. We walked to the train station with our assignment group member and she had to run to her platform as her train was a minute away leaving me and our other assignment group member. Confused.

Seems you are on the right track now :) stay chill and cool.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Dont know why confused.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Stop over thinking everything and let it go.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

just because shes friendly with you and jokes around with you doesnt mean she likes you in another way aside from acquaintance some people are just friendly you know
    MayDay10 said:

Dont know why confused.

Why would she walk fast to catch up with me?
    just be very very very careful please..
    no confusion about it
    edited May 2016
    JWPearl said:

just because shes friendly with you and jokes around with you doesnt mean she likes you in another way aside from acquaintance some people are just friendly you know
    Yeah I know. I am bad for misinterpreting. I mean I am confused with why she would not avoid me walking to the next class instead she walked fast to catch up with me.

Stop over thinking everything and let it go.

I overthink a lot. Anxiety....
    JWPearl said:

just be very very very careful please..
    no confusion about it

Careful in what ways?
    well she cant exactly avoid you can she ??
    her aim is to probably please herself and get
    along with everybody whether she thinks
    your a creep or not
    JWPearl said:

well she cant exactly avoid you can she ??
    her aim is to probably please herself and get
    along with everybody whether she thinks
    your a creep or not

If I make a head start, dash quickly out the door to get to another building for my next class she didn't have to walk fast to catch up to me and overtake me unless she wanted me to talk to her.
    I tried my best.
    edited May 2016
    most girls like to be friendly and friendly with everybody
    its their aim to be happy and easy going even with people
    they never consider going out with or they dont get along with
    girls will try to overlook that if they are a easy going person
    and try to go with the flow.. curiosity
    you have to be careful you dont mistaken that for her liking you
    or attracted to you because you could give the wrong message
    again and get blown off again and feel horrible all over again
    if you get along with her just be her friend and if you feel she
    steps your boundaries dont forget to mention to her you were
    sorry you creeped her out about her home town and that you
    felt hurt you creeped her out and that made you feel like not
    pursuing anything further than acquaintance with her
    then see what she says but honestly if she was flirting with
    you it would be jokes of you and her in the picture in a playful
    romantic sense so read carefully..
    overwise she could just be a teaser in that case shes trouble
    Post edited by JWPearl on
    Hey,

"but honestly if she was flirting with
    you it would be jokes of you and her in the picture in a playful
    romantic sense so read carefully.."

I didn't get what you mean sorry?
    jokes would involve the both of you in a picture like setting
    like if i were to say... ''if i had a day off today.. i would be at the beach with cocktails getting a suntan and you would probably be snorkeling the water looking for jaws'' lol

see that your in the picture at the beach with her when you dont need to be involved
    so its flirting kinda
    but if its with you and her in the picture at college it wouldnt count bc you have to be there
    do you get what i mean??
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    TA, Let it go, man. Consider her extending kindness as forgiveness for whatever transgression she feels you did.

Don't be confused.

Don't read anything into it.

Do the assignment. Be courteous and that is it.

Let it go.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    JWPearl said:

jokes would involve the both of you in a picture like setting
    like if i were to say... ''if i had a day off today.. i would be at the beach with cocktails getting a suntan and you would probably be snorkeling the water looking for jaws'' lol

see that your in the picture at the beach with her when you dont need to be involved
    so its flirting kinda
    but if its with you and her in the picture at college it wouldnt count bc you have to be there
    do you get what i mean??

Yeah...just lol
    But why is that a joke? I don't understand what you mean
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I was actually thinking about that song when I read a few let it go's
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    Communication breakdown or Dazed and Confused as well
  • inmyNCinmyNC Posts: 243
    Just move on my friend.. She seems to be indecisive.. This may be toxic to you.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hey, JWP, TA...you're both in Australia, why don't you two get together and chat?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    RKCNDY said:

Hey, JWP, TA...you're both in Australia, why don't you two get together and chat?

https://youtu.be/Y0ShvQ2fhKM
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2016
    "go easy" or "easy does it" i say

you know how many guys do goofy shit because of women? billions of them & it is repeated by them all a lot. your situation is not unique, if that is the right word to use? it is perfectly well to be a fuck up when it comes to the opposite sex. eventually that screwing shit up irons itself out & you land someone good for you & you good for them. this may take more than one go & that's ok.

just be a good dude & everything will be well. then again overly friendly sucks when you're get to know someone, its a balancing act for sure
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce