A girl told me I creep her out

Comments

• Remember kid,
    keep your head high while taking punches - a few are sure to miss.
    After you leave school it is a different world.
    Restless soul, enjoy your youth.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I don't know what you're thinking when you read these responses - I do know what I think. And I'm not certain my thoughts would be helpful in any way - because you like this girl.

I don't know you but I find it hard to believe you're awkward and you will do what you gotta do when you're ready. Whatever that may be.

I just have to say also nothing you've described I would interpret as creepy.

You're kind and again I'll leave it at that because I don't want to write anything about her.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited May 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

I don't know what you're thinking when you read these responses - I do know what I think. And I'm not certain my thoughts would be helpful in any way - because you like this girl.

I don't know you but I find it hard to believe you're awkward and you will do what you gotta do when you're ready. Whatever that may be.

I just have to say also nothing you've described I would interpret as creepy.

You're kind and again I'll leave it at that because I don't want to write anything about her.

Thank you.
    I wish I never asked her out. I just felt like I had to do it quick to avoid being ''friendzoned''.
    Hate all these rules with dating, why can't it just happen naturally.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    My wife tells me I creep her out.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    You do realize asking her out in the first place took balls, right?

It - life - does happen naturally, organically, and by instinct. No rules, no forcing anything upon or within yourself.

And when it seems right, take that swan dive. Sharks in the water? Fuck 'em. Most don't even try to get past those hurdles :)
    So one of our group assignment members is sick and can't come in on Tuesday morning for our weekly meet up to work on our assignment leaving only me and the girl I creeped out alone in a group work room in the library. So, I said in the facebook group chat "should I cancel the room booking" and the girl replied that "we can still work on the assignment" and that she's happy to come in if I am. I was thinking because the other girl can't come in she'd be creeped out being alone with me in the room. So it's just me and her alone on Tuesday morning.
    Greaaaat :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    hedonist said:

You do realize asking her out in the first place took balls, right?

It - life - does happen naturally, organically, and by instinct. No rules, no forcing anything upon or within yourself.

And when it seems right, take that swan dive. Sharks in the water? Fuck 'em. Most don't even try to get past those hurdles :)

Yeah I stuttered and mumbled when I asked her to the movies.
    I should've waited until the end of semester.
    I just feel like there are all these time limits that you must strike while the iron is hot.
    I tried to let it happen but ah well.
    I don't think she'd want to go out to the movies with me after all this.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited May 2016

Hey guys,
    I don't know who else to talk to and am quite emotional (in tears) at the moment.
    This girl in my lectures and classes who I sit next to at university sent me a blunt message on facebook this morning saying that I creep her out. I admit I like her and asked her out, she said she's working and I asked next time and she said yeah. That was over a month ago and I haven't asked her out again as I wasn't sure. Last night I sent her youtube link of a video of her town.
    I woke up this morning and found the following message on my phone which left me shocked and feeling cold.

"So I don't know if you think it's funny or cool but it's actually starting to really creep me out that your looking up where I live and send me links. I can't stop you from looking at what's in my town if you really are interested but could you please stop sending me links I know what my town looks like I've lived here for 18 years

Thank you"

I replied to that message apologising and saying I won't send any more links.

We always clown around and tease each other in classes so I was joking around with her town. I thought she'd laugh about it, find it funny.
    Her reaction is so against how she's replied to me in person before during class.
    She's lives far away from me on the opposite side of town and I've never been to her town so was curious to see what it looks like.

I don't see myself as a creep and didn't realise I was creeping her out. I feel so embarrassed and disgusted at myself now.
    I'll avoid her in uni, not sit next to her to give her space but I feel so terrible that I am thought of as a creep.
    Sucks we need to do a group assignment together and meet at uni every week to work on it, I don't know how to go about it.
    Do I just do my part and email to the group.

This sounds like the type of girl who has always known she could open doors with just a smile and get whatever she wants in life. She likes flirting with you, Thoughts_Arrive, because it boosts her self-esteem, meaning she loves the attention you give her, even if she's already ruled you out as someone she would never seriously date---girls like this have been pretty all their lives and thus never had to develop a personality. She's got you on her hook--they mentioned this in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Everyone tends to have someone on their hook. Like there is probably some ugly girl in your class whom you would probably flirt with or date for awhile but not seriously consider being with. Its a vicious cycle.

I would try your best to stay away from her. If you have to work with her for school, just get it done but don't give into her reeling you back in with flirting just because she's having a lonely day. She sounds like bad news, Thoughts Arrive. Good luck :)

Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Hey guys,
    I don't know who else to talk to and am quite emotional (in tears) at the moment.
    This girl in my lectures and classes who I sit next to at university sent me a blunt message on facebook this morning saying that I creep her out. I admit I like her and asked her out, she said she's working and I asked next time and she said yeah. That was over a month ago and I haven't asked her out again as I wasn't sure. Last night I sent her youtube link of a video of her town.
    I woke up this morning and found the following message on my phone which left me shocked and feeling cold.

"So I don't know if you think it's funny or cool but it's actually starting to really creep me out that your looking up where I live and send me links. I can't stop you from looking at what's in my town if you really are interested but could you please stop sending me links I know what my town looks like I've lived here for 18 years

Thank you"

We always clown around and tease each other in classes so I was joking around with her town. I thought she'd laugh about it, find it funny.
    Her reaction is so against how she's replied to me in person before during class.
    She's lives far away from me on the opposite side of town and I've never been to her town so was curious to see what it looks like.

I don't see myself as a creep and didn't realise I was creeping her out. I feel so embarrassed and disgusted at myself now.
    I'll avoid her in uni, not sit next to her to give her space but I feel so terrible that I am thought of as a creep.
    Sucks we need to do a group assignment together and meet at uni every week to work on it, I don't know how to go about it.

This sounds like the type of girl who has always known she could open doors with just a smile and get whatever she wants in life. She likes flirting with you, Thoughts_Arrive, because it boosts her self-esteem, meaning she loves the attention you give her, even if she's already ruled you out as someone she would never seriously date---girls like this have been pretty all their lives and thus never had to develop a personality. She's got you on her hook--they mentioned this in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Everyone tends to have someone on their hook. Like their is probably some ugly girl in your class whom you would probably flirt with or date for awhile but not seriously consider being with. Its a vicious cycle.

I would try your best to stay away from her. If you have to work with her for school, just get it done but don't give into her reeling you back in with flirting just because she's having a lonely day. She sounds like bad news, Thoughts Arrive. Good luck :)

She's not supermodel like crash hot gorgeous. But I am attracted to her. I find her cute.
    There are way more "prettier" girls at university than her but for some reason I like her more.
    She keeps to herself, I haven't seen her make any friends at uni like others.
    She's hard to work out. One moment she's in her shell and quiet then she's clowning around the next and full of laughs.
    My friends keep telling me to forget her that she's leading me on trying to get me to wake up to myself.

Thanks for your post.

Hey guys,

Thank you"

This sounds like the type of girl who has always known she could open doors with just a smile and get whatever she wants in life. She likes flirting with you, Thoughts_Arrive, because it boosts her self-esteem, meaning she loves the attention you give her, even if she's already ruled you out as someone she would never seriously date---girls like this have been pretty all their lives and thus never had to develop a personality. She's got you on her hook--they mentioned this in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Everyone tends to have someone on their hook. Like their is probably some ugly girl in your class whom you would probably flirt with or date for awhile but not seriously consider being with. Its a vicious cycle.

She's not supermodel like crash hot gorgeous. But I am attracted to her. I find her cute.
    There are way more "prettier" girls at university than her but for some reason I like her more.
    She keeps to herself, I haven't seen her make any friends at uni like others.
    She's hard to work out. One moment she's in her shell and quiet then she's clowning around the next and full of laughs.
    My friends keep telling me to forget her that she's leading me on trying to get me to wake up to myself.

Thanks for your post.
    I don't know how old you are, Thoughts, but I am 37. You will meet many more people in your life. You don't want to be tied down anyway. If you happen to run into her 10 years from now, then maybe it was meant to be.
    edited May 2016
    I am 31, soon to be 32.
    There's a big age gap between us anyway. Sucks there's not many people my age at uni.
    They are either too old for me or too young.
    I don't go out to bars and clubs, I don't like internet dating. What's a guy like me to do to meet someone?
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on

I am 31, soon to be 32.
    There's a big age gap between us anyway. Sucks there's not many people my age at uni.

Awe, my bad dude. I was thinking early twenties. So you have lived a bit. Just be careful of her. Have a good weekend.

I am 31, soon to be 32.

Awe, my bad dude. I was thinking early twenties. So you have lived a bit. Just be careful of her. Have a good weekend.
    That's ok,
    I haven't really lived compared to other people my age.
    You too.
    I can remember 2 guys - I told them I liked them and both of them didn't even say one word back to me. Not one word.

The #1 lesson I've learned is to be myself. I'm not going to change my laugh or my clothes or my favorite music or movie or the way I eat or act like I like going to the gym or only using a certain brand. You get the point.

I feel like I could say so much. But that's easy when I'm not you or her and on the other side of the plant. Lol.

You want to hear some stories - we can help with that lol we've all been there.
    Lmao. I meant other side of the planet. Ha.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Lmao. I meant other side of the planet. Ha.

haha yeah I know. I didn't think you were on one side of a plant lol
  • Hey guys,

Thank you"

She's not supermodel like crash hot gorgeous. But I am attracted to her.There are way more "prettier" girls at university than her
    That is a very shallow opinion to have of someone you "like" and even far more concerning is to have an opinion like that towards women. You will go nowhere with this girl harbouring that attitude and you will be more hurt if she ever finds out that's how you really feel about her.
    "Way prettier girls"? Really?
    She would not like to hear that and certainly would not like to be told that, and most certainly would not like to discover such things written about her on social media.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Hey guys,

Thank you"

She's not supermodel like crash hot gorgeous. But I am attracted to her.There are way more "prettier" girls at university than her
    That is a very shallow opinion to have of someone you "like" and even far more concerning is to have an opinion like that towards women. You will go nowhere with this girl harbouring that attitude and you will be more hurt if she ever finds out that's how you really feel about her.
    She would not like to hear that and certainly would not like to be told that, and most certainly would not like to discover such things written about her on social media.
    i have to agree with this statement..
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So this guy I work with comes up to me one day - we've said like hello to each other. And he says, "So. Where'd you go to college?" And I thought that was pretty lame.

I married him. This was years ago and we've been married a long time. He told me later he was so scared and couldn't think of anything to say so "Where's you go to college?" seemed like the best idea.
    edited May 2016

Hey guys,

Thank you"

I find her beautiful, I am attracted to her. I was tyring to saying she's not like a cat walk supermodel pretty or hollywood actress pretty, she is pretty in her own way. My reply was to the post before mine, I was just trying to say she's not using some sort of ''superior'' looks to have me hooked. I never said she is ugly.
    fair enough..
    edited May 2016
    JWPearl said:

fair enough..

Doesn't seem like you believe me, oh well.
    I guess once again I get misunderstood.
    If I didn't find her attractive I wouldn't have asked her out.
    What I am trying to say she is not the most beautiful girl in the world if you compare her to what the media portray as beautiful and how other girls at uni model themselves on which is why I put the word prettier in quotation marks.
    I am attracted to her eyes, her hair, her smile, her tall height, her body shape.
    i do believe you
    i meant what i said
    wasnt sarcasm my friend..
    Please remember I said "prettier" not prettier.
    If I found other girls prettier in uni I would've asked them out.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

I find her beautiful, I am attracted to her. I was tyring to saying she's not like a cat walk supermodel pretty or hollywood actress pretty, she is pretty in her own way. My reply was to the post before mine, I was just trying to say she's not using some sort of ''superior'' looks to have me hooked. I never said she is ugly.

I didn't think your comment was shallow - maybe it's because I was always the "cute" girl, not the "supermodel gorgeous" girl. Ha ha! To me it sounded more like you were attracted to all of her - her brain, her personality... it wasn't just about her looks. That's how I took it.
    edited May 2016
    Enkidu said:

I didn't think your comment was shallow - maybe it's because I was always the "cute" girl, not the "supermodel gorgeous" girl. Ha ha! To me it sounded more like you were attracted to all of her - her brain, her personality... it wasn't just about her looks. That's how I took it.

Thank you! Someone gets me.
    I prefer cute girls not supermodel girls with the typical big breasts, hot ass, tanned skin etc.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Same here, E. And rock on to you Mr! I can relate, so much. My guy would say the same.

To Mr. Thoughts, stumbling is part of find footing. So is saying fuck-you to naysayers. You are your best advocate and when you start losing sight of that? Come on back here for a reminder.
    Lmao! Hot ass :lol:

Supermodel isn't real life. I see hundreds of people on a daily basis at work. I have yet to find a supermodel in person. But the beauty you speak of - yes. Now that I see numerous times a day.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668

I am 31, soon to be 32.
    I don't go out to bars and clubs, I don't like internet dating. What's a guy like me to do to meet someone?

Not sure out there in aus... but if i were single.... it seems like bookstores/coffeeshops are great places to chill out, read, hang out... and there are always women there. That would be the place.

I have seen you start various threads here with difficulty with girls. I dont know the whole story... but it seems like you come on too strong, too obvious/deliberate. For the most part, most girls are turned away by that... especially if you also portray insecurity/nervousness. If this girl is normal university age, say 19-22 and your 31, i could see how she could be slightly uncomfortable with advances.

Its tough to deal with the opposite sex if you are an introvert and have self esteem issues. Its a lethal combo and girls can smell it 100 miles away. I dealt with it a very long time for sure. You need to attain a level of comfortability with who you are and a level of dont give a fuckness. I dont mean dont be compassionate about others or turn into a jerk anything. I mean when you speak to women you may potentially be interested in, you dont feel like every word is make or break. There are like 3.5 billion females in the world. 1 you!
    MayDay10 said:

I am 31, soon to be 32.

Not sure out there in aus... but if i were single.... it seems like bookstores/coffeeshops are great places to chill out, read, hang out... and there are always women there. That would be the place.

I have seen you start various threads here with difficulty with girls. I dont know the whole story... but it seems like you come on too strong, too obvious/deliberate. For the most part, most girls are turned away by that... especially if you also portray insecurity/nervousness. If this girl is normal university age, say 19-22 and your 31, i could see how she could be slightly uncomfortable with advances.

Its tough to deal with the opposite sex if you are an introvert and have self esteem issues. Its a lethal combo and girls can smell it 100 miles away. I dealt with it a very long time for sure. You need to attain a level of comfortability with who you are and a level of dont give a fuckness. I dont mean dont be compassionate about others or turn into a jerk anything. I mean when you speak to women you may potentially be interested in, you dont feel like every word is make or break. There are like 3.5 billion females in the world. 1 you!
    Yeah I guess I do come across too strong.
    My friend keeps telling me that.
    One girl my friend tried to hook me up with told me she is not interested because I reminder her of her dad who she hates.