Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

sooooo let me get this straight.....it's O.K. for a grown man to use the public restroom with somebody's little girl but it's not O.K. that I have a problem with it, maybe you and your infinite wisdom can explain that to me and BTW isn't your bathroom buddies the ones pushing to let men by birth us the girls restroom ?......am I the only one finds that to be crazy ? do all of you here on the train feel comfortable with that ? I am not having an issue with people who want to disfigure themselves so that they can be comfortable in their own skin...honestly I couldn't care less what you do to yourself but now they want to drag everybody into their realm of confusion, just because I am willing to accept your idea that you want/need to be different does not mean I need to forfeit my own comfort to make you happy.

Godfather.

Seems to me you should stay away from public bathrooms ...

Oh by the way no child should be going into public bathrooms unsupervised anyways...imo.

And I bet most responsible would supervise their child in public settings.

But seriously godfather your fears are totally unwarranted...and that is what allows backwards thinking politicians create such ridiculous laws ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,326
    most folks didnt even know they were "concerned" anout this until they were told to be.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited April 2016
    mickeyrat said:

most folks didnt even know they were "concerned" anout this until they were told to be.

Agreed ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Concerned about missing a show or the law?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    mace1229 said:

I don't think the world is this black and white. Not everything comes down to discrimination and hate. I am a conservative and don't always agree with the stands that PJ makes or opinions posted here, but I try to understand why those views exist.
    It is very common for those who don't agree with a liberal point of view to be labeled as hateful or discriminatory.
    I'm pro-life. It is not because I hate women, nor do I even know anyone who is pro-life because they hate women and want to restrict them in any way. We have a different opinion about life and when it starts and hold the life of an unborn child just as valuable as another child. Hilary or Bernie would like you to believe my stance is because I discriminate against women, they could not be more wrong. Just as I don't believe anyone pro-choice is a murderer (please don't quote extremists and think they stand for us all. Idiots can be found in all groups on both sides and rarely represent the majority), I simply realize you have a different view about an unborn child, and that is okay. We can disagree, we can even disagree and still fight for what we believe in. Just don't call me ignorant and hateful because I believe something different than you. Doesn't anyone see the irony in that? How many people were called hateful in this forum alone for not agreeing with the band?

I have several women in my life; wife, mother, sisters, who feel uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a man purely on privacy issues or that we're just more disgusting. To give a man the right to chose which bathroom to use because he doesn't wish to share a bathroom with other men, you take that right away from women who doesn't wish to share a bathroom with a man either. The only issue I have with this debate is it seems like a catch 22. To give one person the right to chose you take that right away from the rest. Who gets to chose and who doesn't?

I don't think there is a perfect solution with or without this law, exceptions would exist in either case. If Pearl Jam doesn't agree with this law then they should stand up against it. That doesn't make me hateful if I don't agree though. In fact, I don't think this would even be a topic if everyone was more tolerable and understanding of the opposite views.

Good post. It won't get anywhere with the my way or the highway liberals on this forum but a good post.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

mace1229 said:

I don't think the world is this black and white. Not everything comes down to discrimination and hate. I am a conservative and don't always agree with the stands that PJ makes or opinions posted here, but I try to understand why those views exist.
    It is very common for those who don't agree with a liberal point of view to be labeled as hateful or discriminatory.
    I'm pro-life. It is not because I hate women, nor do I even know anyone who is pro-life because they hate women and want to restrict them in any way. We have a different opinion about life and when it starts and hold the life of an unborn child just as valuable as another child. Hilary or Bernie would like you to believe my stance is because I discriminate against women, they could not be more wrong. Just as I don't believe anyone pro-choice is a murderer (please don't quote extremists and think they stand for us all. Idiots can be found in all groups on both sides and rarely represent the majority), I simply realize you have a different view about an unborn child, and that is okay. We can disagree, we can even disagree and still fight for what we believe in. Just don't call me ignorant and hateful because I believe something different than you. Doesn't anyone see the irony in that? How many people were called hateful in this forum alone for not agreeing with the band?

I have several women in my life; wife, mother, sisters, who feel uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a man purely on privacy issues or that we're just more disgusting. To give a man the right to chose which bathroom to use because he doesn't wish to share a bathroom with other men, you take that right away from women who doesn't wish to share a bathroom with a man either. The only issue I have with this debate is it seems like a catch 22. To give one person the right to chose you take that right away from the rest. Who gets to chose and who doesn't?

I don't think there is a perfect solution with or without this law, exceptions would exist in either case. If Pearl Jam doesn't agree with this law then they should stand up against it. That doesn't make me hateful if I don't agree though. In fact, I don't think this would even be a topic if everyone was more tolerable and understanding of the opposite views.

Good post. It won't get anywhere with the my way or the highway liberals on this forum but a good post.
    There's a victim thread around here somewhere, maybe it needs bumped...

In reality, this post received validation and recognition several times, and I am surely not the only libtard here who appreciated it without comment.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Concerned about missing a show or the law?

really both I guess. However I was intending to mean the "need" for this law
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Cities with anti-LGBT laws can't host NCAA tournament events anymore

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ncaa-lgbt-discrimination-20160428-story.html
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,745
    dignin said:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ncaa-lgbt-discrimination-20160428-story.html

Nice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    mace1229 said:

callen said:

mace1229 said:

callen said:

mace1229 said:

So your in favor of letting others choose as they will and are the side of pro choice laws?
    No. As I said I am pro-life. It is my belief that you are a human being in the womb and deserve the right to live. Yes, women have rights of course, but I place the value of life even higher. If you do not agree I can understand and tolerate that and I will not call you a murderer (as some extremists do). And you are free to express your opinion in front of me without me belittling your values.

My point was conservatives are so often labeled as haters and discriminators and intolerant of others. My views and so many others are not out of hate. Scroll through these comments and see how many people have called those with similar beliefs to me a hater or disgusting. My point was I wish instead of instantly labeling someone a hater or homophobic, the world be better if we try to understand where other people come from. I have been called a sexist by most democrats running for office because I want to save the life of a child. How does believing in life make me a sexist? They want to use hate to push their goals, and, in my opinion, is very wrong. They use hate to get them elected. I see the same thing here...if you don't agree with the band there can only be one reason-you are intolerant of others (and can't you see the irony in that?).
    Sooo you want to impose your views on others. Sorry you can't talk out of both sides of your face. All that typing and pontificating for naught.

And by you saying "women have rights but........" are you a man? If so then really shove your views.

Believe in zombie Jesus as well I presume. Ha

And if your not for total equal rights for gays your a bigot and homophobe. There's no middle ground. No there's not. Treat all humans as equal or you suck. Pretty simple really.
    I never once belittled anyone with a different point of view, or said they are wrong for that matter. I even stated I respect other opinions and understand they come from different backgrounds.
    All I pointed out is how so many on here are and many other places use hate and name calling to make their point, and your name calling pretty much proved my case.
    I never even suggested to treat gays or anyone different, I didn't even bring them up, you did. Those were your words you put in my mouth for simply suggesting that name calling and belittling others isn't the best method for an argument. You don't even know my opinion on this particular matter because I haven't even stated it. You have no idea how I feel about this topic.
    In a single post you insulted a religion, my sex, told me I suck, called me a bigot and homophobe. All that for simply asking others attempt to understand others before resorting to name calling. Really?
    You want to impose your feelings on women.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    dignin said:

Columbia, SC will be happy to take Greensboro's men's basketball tournament games. Well, at least I would be happy if that happened.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728

mace1229 said:

But disagreeing doesn't mean 'my way or the highway'. There seems to be a recent theme in internet discussions that opinions are somehow separate from knowledge and truth. That opinions based in ignorance need to be met with 'hey, that's your opinion, I guess I'll just stop talking and respect that". The problem is that misguided opinions lead to misguided, discriminatory laws. Mace's post contains ignorant statements, such as men using women's bathrooms. If someone identifies their gender as a woman, then they are a woman. Is there any reason for this law? What were we doing before? He's 'pro life' but doesn't want to restrict women? Gee, that makes sense. Or maybe he means he's pro-life only because he himself wouldn't get an abortion. I'd put money down that he votes for people who would/have put limits on abortion. I understand the need to feel like 'can't we all just get along'. But you do that through respectful discussion based in facts and opinions supported by facts, not by finding out you disagree and just stopping the discussion.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    callen said:

mace1229 said:

callen said:

mace1229 said:

callen said:

mace1229 said:

So your in favor of letting others choose as they will and are the side of pro choice laws?
    No. As I said I am pro-life. It is my belief that you are a human being in the womb and deserve the right to live. Yes, women have rights of course, but I place the value of life even higher. If you do not agree I can understand and tolerate that and I will not call you a murderer (as some extremists do). And you are free to express your opinion in front of me without me belittling your values.

My point was conservatives are so often labeled as haters and discriminators and intolerant of others. My views and so many others are not out of hate. Scroll through these comments and see how many people have called those with similar beliefs to me a hater or disgusting. My point was I wish instead of instantly labeling someone a hater or homophobic, the world be better if we try to understand where other people come from. I have been called a sexist by most democrats running for office because I want to save the life of a child. How does believing in life make me a sexist? They want to use hate to push their goals, and, in my opinion, is very wrong. They use hate to get them elected. I see the same thing here...if you don't agree with the band there can only be one reason-you are intolerant of others (and can't you see the irony in that?).
    Sooo you want to impose your views on others. Sorry you can't talk out of both sides of your face. All that typing and pontificating for naught.

And by you saying "women have rights but........" are you a man? If so then really shove your views.

Believe in zombie Jesus as well I presume. Ha

And if your not for total equal rights for gays your a bigot and homophobe. There's no middle ground. No there's not. Treat all humans as equal or you suck. Pretty simple really.
    I never once belittled anyone with a different point of view, or said they are wrong for that matter. I even stated I respect other opinions and understand they come from different backgrounds.
    All I pointed out is how so many on here are and many other places use hate and name calling to make their point, and your name calling pretty much proved my case.
    I never even suggested to treat gays or anyone different, I didn't even bring them up, you did. Those were your words you put in my mouth for simply suggesting that name calling and belittling others isn't the best method for an argument. You don't even know my opinion on this particular matter because I haven't even stated it. You have no idea how I feel about this topic.
    In a single post you insulted a religion, my sex, told me I suck, called me a bigot and homophobe. All that for simply asking others attempt to understand others before resorting to name calling. Really?
    You want to impose your feelings on women.
    Why does me saying I make a personal decision to be pro-life, but openly stated you're not wrong for disagreeing. My exact words were me being pro-choice doesn't mean I hate women any more than you being pro-life makes you a murderer, neither are true. How does that mean I'm imposing my values on you? I don't get it, just because I said I that I disagree means I impose my values? Then by those same standards isn't everyone else?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if you declare yourself to be pro-life - it means that you support legislation banning abortions ... if you are someone that believes it's the right of a woman to choose - even if that woman chooses to have a child - you are pro choice ...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    This isn't an abortion thread wtf?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

sooooo let me get this straight.....it's O.K. for a grown man to use the public restroom with somebody's little girl but it's not O.K. that I have a problem with it, maybe you and your infinite wisdom can explain that to me and BTW isn't your bathroom buddies the ones pushing to let men by birth us the girls restroom ?......am I the only one finds that to be crazy ? do all of you here on the train feel comfortable with that ? I am not having an issue with people who want to disfigure themselves so that they can be comfortable in their own skin...honestly I couldn't care less what you do to yourself but now they want to drag everybody into their realm of confusion, just because I am willing to accept your idea that you want/need to be different does not mean I need to forfeit my own comfort to make you happy.

Godfather.

Godfather....are you ok with rapists/pedophile men using the restroom best to your little boy? Or just girls?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Godfather.

Godfather....are you ok with rapists/pedophile men using the restroom best to your little boy? Or just girls?
    good grief ! is that the only card you have to play ? nonsense !

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.
    its the far more likely scenario.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    ????????????????? really ! %&%#@* !!!!!!.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Godfather.
    No. But you didn't answer. There are lots of cards to play. Your only card is "I seems bad" or "what if...." You have no data to show there is a problem that even needs fixing.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    What scenario is more likely? I don't care if a trans woman uses the stall next to my daughter. Yiu know why? Because it's probably already happened 30 times in her life. And no, my daughter wasn't traumatized.

Do you guys really think that a trans woman stands when they pee? Your child is more likely to be molested in church by a church leader than in a bathroom by a pedophile.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    What scenario is more likely? I don't care if a trans woman uses the stall next to my daughter. Yiu know why? Because it's probably already happened 30 times in her life. And no, my daughter wasn't traumatized.

Do you guys really think that a trans woman stands when they pee? Your child is more likely to be molested in church by a church leader than in a bathroom by a pedophile.
    I think you missed the point....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.
    No. But you didn't answer. There are lots of cards to play. Your only card is "I seems bad" or "what if...." You have no data to show there is a problem that even needs fixing.
    sorry about the time between reply's I for some reason couldn't post to the forums for a few days.
    but any way you ask for data and your right I didn't offer any because this issue is not about statistics for me but I'm sure that incidences will rise and get more attention in the media if this keeps going.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Godfather.
    sorry about the time between reply's I for some reason couldn't post to the forums for a few days.
    but any way you ask for data and your right I didn't offer any because this issue is not about statistics for me but I'm sure that incidences will rise and get more attention in the media if this keeps going.

Godfather.

But you need statistics to prove the need for a law, otherwise it's just a whim.

The risk is not higher for a lady or girl to be raped in a bathroom if transgender are allowed to use it. There is no need for this stupid and discriminatory law. And I find it ironic that republicans that continue to rail against big government all want to add to the problem if it suits them.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

But you need statistics to prove the need for a law, otherwise it's just a whim.

The risk is not higher for a lady or girl to be raped in a bathroom if transgender are allowed to use it. There is no need for this stupid and discriminatory law. And I find it ironic that republicans that continue to rail against big government all want to add to the problem if it suits them.
    Not if it involves conflated or irrational fear then they are all for bigger government.

• Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I don't want a law allowing men in the ladies room either stat's or no stat's, you know a few people have mentioned that this and issues like this are just a diversion for bigger political moves and I truly believe that but they throw a LGBT hand grenade out to the public and while everybody is bickering over privacy and human rights they don't notice the fine print at the bottom of the bill and then they say "the people wanted this new tax or law" but anyway there is always risk when two people use a bathroom together ..gay, straight or otherwise because the human mind has many ideas and they're not always good, for years and years it's been a two potty system LOL ! why is it all the sudden so important to make a new bathroom law ? you have to wonder right ?..ulterior motive built the first hydrogen bomb you could say....

Godfather.

• Options
    not to be sarcastic but there a lot of "whims" on the books that became law I would imagine.

Godfather.
  • Options

not to be sarcastic but there a lot of "whims" on the books that became law I would imagine.

Godfather.

Yup. But it doesn't mean the next whim is ok.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Godfather.

Yup. But it doesn't mean the next whim is ok.
    agreed.

Godfather.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think you missed the point....
    Not this time.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place