Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

dignin said:

rgambs said:

so trans people will be the only ones other than real women using the women's restroom ?.....I doubt that, your opening a door for sexual predators and this guy will have to live with the actions and crimes committed by these sick fucks...and the victims will have no choice all because a group of liberals believe that a man in a dress identifies himself as a woman is harmless.....it seems to me that any man who wears a dress and make-up in public is already battling with his own issues, not all are violent I'm sure but if you can make a case against concealed carry or even open carry laws but find it O.K. to open the door for men to use the women's public restrooms your catering to your own agenda and not that of society as a whole

Godfather.

Bigotry is ugly, open your mind not your mouth.
    dude really ?????

Godfather.

Yes really. Your post was very misguided to say the least.
    wow....just friggin unreal, I just can't wrap my head around letting anybody's wife or daughter use a public bathroom any fuckin male can just walk into but I guess that the price your willing to pay to show the world you believe in transgender equality...which is bullshit in my humble opinion..but carry on in the names of your wives and daughters if it suits your non judgmental feelings.......

Godfather.

What's to stop anyone from walking into any bathroom now?
    A sign that says "WOMEN "?
    Will that stop a predator?

Are you really that afraid of a transgendered person using a public bathroom?
    aside from that it's a privacy issue for women and children...and yes a concern for fathers and husbands, believe it or not the whole world does not agree with this idea of letting any man who "identifies" himself as a woman in a public restroom with their loved ones.

Godfather.
  • Options
    do you folks really think I'm the only one who is not at ease with this issue ? ya'll need to watch more Foxnews..HAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA........did I just say "ya'll" ?.....oh shit my inner redneck is coming out HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH !!!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited April 2016

dignin said:

rgambs said:

so trans people will be the only ones other than real women using the women's restroom ?.....I doubt that, your opening a door for sexual predators and this guy will have to live with the actions and crimes committed by these sick fucks...and the victims will have no choice all because a group of liberals believe that a man in a dress identifies himself as a woman is harmless.....it seems to me that any man who wears a dress and make-up in public is already battling with his own issues, not all are violent I'm sure but if you can make a case against concealed carry or even open carry laws but find it O.K. to open the door for men to use the women's public restrooms your catering to your own agenda and not that of society as a whole

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

wow....just friggin unreal, I just can't wrap my head around letting anybody's wife or daughter use a public bathroom any fuckin male can just walk into but I guess that the price your willing to pay to show the world you believe in transgender equality...which is bullshit in my humble opinion..but carry on in the names of your wives and daughters if it suits your non judgmental feelings.......

Godfather.

aside from that it's a privacy issue for women and children...and yes a concern for fathers and husbands, believe it or not the whole world does not agree with this idea of letting any man who "identifies" himself as a woman in a public restroom with their loved ones.

Godfather.
    But dude, lol, with what you're saying, you'll have this person in the men's washroom with you:

And women will have this person in the women's washroom with us:

Do you not think this is inappropriate??? Why would support that?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    From Young Turks:

LIVE from Raleigh, NC state capitol: protesters planning mass sit-in to protest #HateBill2 a.k.a. the Bathroom Bill. Eric Byler reporting for The Young Turks.

Civil Rights leader Rev. Dr. William Barber II has asked participants not to respond to counter-protesters in support of the new law requiring proof that a person use the bathroom that corresponds to the gender of their birth. He has also said, "Please don't call House Bill 2 'The Bathroom Bill.' because if you read Section 2 and Section 3, it also takes away the right of municipalities to increase the minimum wage. NC Republicans need the "bathroom" hysteria headlines to cover up this attack on the Fight for 15, because their actions would be deeply unpopular with voters if they did this straight up. 80% of North Carolinians support increasing the minimum wage.

North Carolina Republicans are stoking bigotry, he asserts, and using the trans-gender community to disguise a cynical attack on labor, women, and families on behalf of business interests, and, to rally the base of the Republican party for November's crucial election.

There are historical comparisons in which African Americans have been scapegoated and used in this way, including the wave of terrorism that overturned democratically elected biracial governments in the South in the decades following the Civil War, and the hateful electioneering of former NC Senator Jesse Helms. Thus, the the multi-faith and multi-racial Moral Movement is organizing a mass sit-in on Monday to expose the hidden agenda behind the so-called Bathroom Bill.

Instead of The Bathroom Bill, call it The Anti worker, Anti-Living wage, Anti-Family, Anti-Women, Anti-Civil Rights, Anti-Gay, Anti-Transgender Bill.

GOP lawmakers hoped we'd focus on the bathroom controversy, and not read Sec 2 and Sec. 3 which prohibit city governments such as Charlotte's and Greensboro's from requiring contractors to pay a living wage and afford workers with vacation sick leave.

It also takes away the ability to file employment discrimination suits in in state court.

Too many in the news media fall for the sensationalism of the Ted Cruz argument that little girls will fall prey to sexual predators if their entry to girls' bathrooms is not prohibited by state law.

The Orwellian moniker, “Religious Freedom" reminds historians of previous dishonest, hate-based movements cloaked in false religiosity.

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guaranteed for the first time that people who had been legally codified as three-fifths persons would enjoy equal protection under the law in this country. But the very notion of equal protection under law for African Americans was so offensive that it inspired a violent, orchestrated backlash, led by terrorist organizations such as the KKK working in concert with former slave owner/aristocrat/politicians.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    But dude, lol, with what you're saying, you'll have this person in the men's washroom with you:

I don't want women in the mens room either....is that a real woman ? I don't trust you anymore hahhhahhahahhahahhahahahahah

Godfather.

• Options
    SHE HAS AN ADAMS APPLE !!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWW hahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

What exactly is/was stopping a sexual predator right now or before these laws were in place? Hmm?

The times I have heard of molestation or other sexual assualt done to minors has been man on boy in the mens rooms.

How many cases of sexual assualt have ben reported that the perpatrators is a trans person?

Have you taught your son or daughter to piss or shit with the stall door open?
    I do wish to have what you can answer answered.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Free said:

From Young Turks:

LIVE from Raleigh, NC state capitol: protesters planning mass sit-in to protest #HateBill2 a.k.a. the Bathroom Bill. Eric Byler reporting for The Young Turks.

Civil Rights leader Rev. Dr. William Barber II has asked participants not to respond to counter-protesters in support of the new law requiring proof that a person use the bathroom that corresponds to the gender of their birth. He has also said, "Please don't call House Bill 2 'The Bathroom Bill.' because if you read Section 2 and Section 3, it also takes away the right of municipalities to increase the minimum wage. NC Republicans need the "bathroom" hysteria headlines to cover up this attack on the Fight for 15, because their actions would be deeply unpopular with voters if they did this straight up. 80% of North Carolinians support increasing the minimum wage.

North Carolina Republicans are stoking bigotry, he asserts, and using the trans-gender community to disguise a cynical attack on labor, women, and families on behalf of business interests, and, to rally the base of the Republican party for November's crucial election.

There are historical comparisons in which African Americans have been scapegoated and used in this way, including the wave of terrorism that overturned democratically elected biracial governments in the South in the decades following the Civil War, and the hateful electioneering of former NC Senator Jesse Helms. Thus, the the multi-faith and multi-racial Moral Movement is organizing a mass sit-in on Monday to expose the hidden agenda behind the so-called Bathroom Bill.

Instead of The Bathroom Bill, call it The Anti worker, Anti-Living wage, Anti-Family, Anti-Women, Anti-Civil Rights, Anti-Gay, Anti-Transgender Bill.

GOP lawmakers hoped we'd focus on the bathroom controversy, and not read Sec 2 and Sec. 3 which prohibit city governments such as Charlotte's and Greensboro's from requiring contractors to pay a living wage and afford workers with vacation sick leave.

It also takes away the ability to file employment discrimination suits in in state court.

Too many in the news media fall for the sensationalism of the Ted Cruz argument that little girls will fall prey to sexual predators if their entry to girls' bathrooms is not prohibited by state law.

The Orwellian moniker, “Religious Freedom" reminds historians of previous dishonest, hate-based movements cloaked in false religiosity.

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guaranteed for the first time that people who had been legally codified as three-fifths persons would enjoy equal protection under the law in this country. But the very notion of equal protection under law for African Americans was so offensive that it inspired a violent, orchestrated backlash, led by terrorist organizations such as the KKK working in concert with former slave owner/aristocrat/politicians.

good read thanks' nothing is free and obama don't care who you piss with because his family won't be using public restrooms without being searched and emptied out by the CIA.

Godfather.

• Options

Free said:

From Young Turks:

good read thanks' nothing is free and obama don't care who you piss with because his family won't be using public restrooms without being searched and emptied out by the CIA.

Godfather.

I'm starting to see why the concert was cancelled at such short notice - perhaps they were hoping things would change but alas, no.
    Attitudes like this have no place in society and set a state backwards.
    Come on Americans, you can do better.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126

Free said:

From Young Turks:

Godfather.

I'm starting to see why the concert was cancelled at such short notice - perhaps they were hoping things would change but alas, no.
    Yeah there isn't 1 person in any other country that would say the same....Jesus I'm tired of people and their fucking high horses
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Free said:

From Young Turks:

Godfather.

Yeah there isn't 1 person in any other country that would say the same....Jesus I'm tired of people and their fucking high horses
    There is always the option of an outhouse if you are scared.
    But wait, there might be a sicko lurking in the depths too - (there has been incidents of that)
    Maybe we should all just hold it until we are in the confines of our own home to finally pee.
    (or wait for Rival to be played during a concert)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Free said:

From Young Turks:

thank you. once again please read my post on the Springsteen thread. people need to get educated about what this bill is saying. not only is it an attack against the LGBT community... it is an attack against all of the working class (which includes yours truly) in the state of NC!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I wish all the people who are so worried about protecting their loved ones from the supposed dangers lurking in public restrooms would take the time to learn facts about pedophiles and sexual assault. Pedophiles are rarely creeps hiding somewhere--they are usually someone a child knows and trusts. And women are unlikely to be raped in a public place like a restroom, where their assailant runs the risk of detection. A woman is more likely to be raped in her own home than anywhere else.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

Free said:

From Young Turks:

Godfather.

There is always the option of an outhouse if you are scared.
    But wait, there might be a sicko lurking in the depths too - (there has been incidents of that)
    Maybe we should all just hold it until we are in the confines of our own home to finally pee.
    (or wait for Rival to be played during a concert)
    I'm not scared. Not sure what you mean. I've said many times the law is stupid and discriminatory.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I wish all the people who are so worried about protecting their loved ones from the supposed dangers lurking in public restrooms would take the time to learn facts about pedophiles and sexual assault. Pedophiles are rarely creeps hiding somewhere--they are usually someone a child knows and trusts. And women are unlikely to be raped in a public place like a restroom, where their assailant runs the risk of detection. A woman is more likely to be raped in her own home than anywhere else.

And the who princess would know all about pedophilia.....low blow? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    :disappointed:
    Yup. Low blow.

But if anybody cares. . . . I'm far from an expert but I spent 4 years volunteering with a rape crisis center and received very thorough training and regular updates. In my experience, most people have a lot of misconceptions about sexual assault and about child molestation.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Yup. Low blow.

But if anybody cares. . . . I'm far from an expert but I spent 4 years volunteering with a rape crisis center and received very thorough training and regular updates. In my experience, most people have a lot of misconceptions about sexual assault and about child molestation.

I care.

Those who haven't been there just can't know.

Bless the work you do, and wish I'd had an advocate like you at the time.

IT MATTERS.

Know this.

(and I know you do)
  • Options
    Thank you, Hedo. That means a lot.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    edited April 2016
    Really making a huge deal out of a group of people who only represent .03% of the population. What about American`s who identify as cats and other trans-species???....Litter boxes need to be available in a private spot in businesses very soon or else I am offended and outraged!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeBunPiIzo

This is really beautiful and mind opening
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4tf6y3uuA

This is not creepy.... We need to respect her rights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By1DPzCGOr4

And this young man....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh93pguL00A
    Post edited by TL170678 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    TL170678 said:

Really making a huge deal out of a group of people who only represent .03% of the population. What about American`s who identify as cats and other trans-species???....Litter boxes need to be available in a private spot in businesses very soon or else I am offended and outraged!

And this young man....

so this .3% of the population doesnt matter? whos next that doesnt matter?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited April 2016
    TL170678 said:

And this young man....

Who's making it a huge deal? It was your republican troglodytes who spent untold hours and tax dollars in creating a bill to disenfranchise .03% of the population for no good reason.
    You have it completely backwards.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2016
    See the silver lining in all this.

Great conversations about equality and this dumb ass discriminatory law meant to appease all the scared white men that are afraid of turning gay if a gay man winks at them.

This country is blazing forward and these backlashes are signs of progress.

Now sadly the insecure ones are coming out of the wood work for all to see. Like kicking a rotten log and all the tree roaches scatter.

Didn't realize so many insecure PJ fans fail to read lyrics of their songs. Pretty funny.

Back to thread, PJ did the right thing and I'm proud of them. Can't wait to see them in few weeks.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yup. Low blow.

I care.

IT MATTERS.

Know this.

(and I know you do)
    I disagree w/ bolded part. It's not just about being there (bow to Who Princess, hugs to you), it's about empathy and at least attempting to understand the shoes another person walks in. I have a sister who refuses to empathize with things I have been through, by saying the same thing. There's certainly room to attempt to understand others and their situations. No offense to hedonist, I know you didn't mean anything bad by this.
  • Options
    callen said:

Great conversations about equality and this dumb ass discriminatory law meant to appease all the scared white men that are afraid of turning gay if a gay man winks at them.

Now sadly the insecure ones are coming out of the wood work for all to see. Like kicking a rotten log and all the tree roaches scatter.

Didn't realize so many insecure PJ fans fail to read lyrics of their songs. Pretty funny.

Back to thread, PJ did the right thing and I'm proud of them. Can't wait to see them in few weeks.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

hedonist said:

Yup. Low blow.

I care.

IT MATTERS.

Know this.

(and I know you do)
    I disagree w/ bolded part. It's not just about being there (bow to Who Princess, hugs to you), it's about empathy and at least attempting to understand the shoes another person walks in. I have a sister who refuses to empathize with things I have been through, by saying the same thing. There's certainly room to attempt to understand others and their situations. No offense to hedonist, I know you didn't mean anything bad by this.
    No offense taken; of course empathy and compassion are key.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    callen said:

While at the same time they have no outrage over Hastert and Larry Craig because white republican double standards.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I don't think the world is this black and white. Not everything comes down to discrimination and hate. I am a conservative and don't always agree with the stands that PJ makes or opinions posted here, but I try to understand why those views exist.
    It is very common for those who don't agree with a liberal point of view to be labeled as hateful or discriminatory.
    I'm pro-life. It is not because I hate women, nor do I even know anyone who is pro-life because they hate women and want to restrict them in any way. We have a different opinion about life and when it starts and hold the life of an unborn child just as valuable as another child. Hilary or Bernie would like you to believe my stance is because I discriminate against women, they could not be more wrong. Just as I don't believe anyone pro-choice is a murderer (please don't quote extremists and think they stand for us all. Idiots can be found in all groups on both sides and rarely represent the majority), I simply realize you have a different view about an unborn child, and that is okay. We can disagree, we can even disagree and still fight for what we believe in. Just don't call me ignorant and hateful because I believe something different than you. Doesn't anyone see the irony in that? How many people were called hateful in this forum alone for not agreeing with the band?

I have several women in my life; wife, mother, sisters, who feel uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a man purely on privacy issues or that we're just more disgusting. To give a man the right to chose which bathroom to use because he doesn't wish to share a bathroom with other men, you take that right away from women who doesn't wish to share a bathroom with a man either. The only issue I have with this debate is it seems like a catch 22. To give one person the right to chose you take that right away from the rest. Who gets to chose and who doesn't?

I don't think there is a perfect solution with or without this law, exceptions would exist in either case. If Pearl Jam doesn't agree with this law then they should stand up against it. That doesn't make me hateful if I don't agree though. In fact, I don't think this would even be a topic if everyone was more tolerable and understanding of the opposite views.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited April 2016

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I don't want women in the mens room either....is that a real woman ? I don't trust you anymore hahhhahhahahhahahhahahahahah

Godfather.

That's a man according to his birth certificate. That is the kind of person you are insisting has to use the men's room.

And this is the kind of person you are insisting has to use the women's washroom in order to protect women's privacy, since her birth certificate says she's a woman:

So this makes you comfortable GF? This is what you are fighting for. Bravo.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

That's a man according to his birth certificate. That is the kind of person you are insisting has to use the men's room.

And this is the kind of person you are insisting has to use the women's washroom in order to protect women's privacy, since her birth certificate says she's a woman:

So this makes you comfortable GF? This is what you are fighting for. Bravo.
    growing facial hair and having a adadictame does not make a woman a man...
    and a male who chops off his junk and has his facial hair permanently removed IS NOT a woman..I realize I'm one of the few on this board who recognizes this and just because you think other wise dose not make you or the others right, doctors and medical science will back my comments and beliefs on this issue, if you want to believe a simple operation will change gender then that's cool but don't force your opinion on me please because as you know I am not accepting it at all in way or form.

Godfather.

• Options
    mace1229 said:

I don't think the world is this black and white. Not everything comes down to discrimination and hate. I am a conservative and don't always agree with the stands that PJ makes or opinions posted here, but I try to understand why those views exist.
    It is very common for those who don't agree with a liberal point of view to be labeled as hateful or discriminatory.
    I'm pro-life. It is not because I hate women, nor do I even know anyone who is pro-life because they hate women and want to restrict them in any way. We have a different opinion about life and when it starts and hold the life of an unborn child just as valuable as another child. Hilary or Bernie would like you to believe my stance is because I discriminate against women, they could not be more wrong. Just as I don't believe anyone pro-choice is a murderer (please don't quote extremists and think they stand for us all. Idiots can be found in all groups on both sides and rarely represent the majority), I simply realize you have a different view about an unborn child, and that is okay. We can disagree, we can even disagree and still fight for what we believe in. Just don't call me ignorant and hateful because I believe something different than you. Doesn't anyone see the irony in that? How many people were called hateful in this forum alone for not agreeing with the band?

I have several women in my life; wife, mother, sisters, who feel uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with a man purely on privacy issues or that we're just more disgusting. To give a man the right to chose which bathroom to use because he doesn't wish to share a bathroom with other men, you take that right away from women who doesn't wish to share a bathroom with a man either. The only issue I have with this debate is it seems like a catch 22. To give one person the right to chose you take that right away from the rest. Who gets to chose and who doesn't?

I don't think there is a perfect solution with or without this law, exceptions would exist in either case. If Pearl Jam doesn't agree with this law then they should stand up against it. That doesn't make me hateful if I don't agree though. In fact, I don't think this would even be a topic if everyone was more tolerable and understanding of the opposite views.

wow !!! that is very well said.

Godfather.