Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    A lot of money comes from the federal gov to schools so why can't they just get some remodeling on their bathrooms and locker rooms with partitions to solve this problem? Too easy?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,326
    virtually EVERY bathroom I have been in has doors on the stalls.
    isnt the same true in the womens and girls bathrooms?
    what more honestly needs done to partition?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mickeyrat said:

forcing someone to comply to the choices of a few is discrimination right ? Obama is a bigot and racist ! LOL !!!!

Godfather.

do you honestly believe that these kids (gay,lesbian and trans) choose what they feel? how they see themselves in the mirror? To get up day after and engage in society wondering if thats the day they are beaten and sometimes killed for simply being themselves?

you believe thats a choice?

have you ever tried being something you are not? and sustain it?

doesnt matter if you answer or not. I believe you say what you do to gain attention. nothing more. none of this affects you. has an impact on your life in a tangible way.

pathetic troll uninterested in having an open minded discussion and maybe learn and grow from it.
    no they may not....but my point is what about those kid's that it makes uncomfortable ? they don't matter ? do you know what kids do when they're forced into something ?......keep reading the papers my friend, pretty soon you will be reading about the little transgender boy that got beat up in the girls bathroom or the transgender girl who gets molested in the boy's restroom, this whole deal is bullshit in my opinion.

Godfather.

• Options

mickeyrat said:

forcing someone to comply to the choices of a few is discrimination right ? Obama is a bigot and racist ! LOL !!!!

Godfather.

do you honestly believe that these kids (gay,lesbian and trans) choose what they feel? how they see themselves in the mirror? To get up day after and engage in society wondering if thats the day they are beaten and sometimes killed for simply being themselves?

you believe thats a choice?

have you ever tried being something you are not? and sustain it?

doesnt matter if you answer or not. I believe you say what you do to gain attention. nothing more. none of this affects you. has an impact on your life in a tangible way.

pathetic troll uninterested in having an open minded discussion and maybe learn and grow from it.
    no they may not....but my point is what about those kid's that it makes uncomfortable ? they don't matter ? do you know what kids do when they're forced into something ?......keep reading the papers my friend, pretty soon you will be reading about the little transgender boy that got beat up in the girls bathroom or the transgender girl who gets molested in the boy's restroom, this whole deal is bullshit in my opinion.

Godfather.

1. that transgender boy will be in the boys room.
    trans girl will be in the girls.

unless you are freak enough to peak in between the gaps to see how thier body is whille they are shitting or pissing , its not likely you would know their physical make up.

I am more concerned about those who would peak. thats the disturbing thing about all of this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    edited May 2016

Who the hell is discriminating against white males? That's what is laughable.

I'm assuming your a white male based only on your position on this topic and your support for trump.

A lot of people do actually. Even Ben Folds agrees, doesn't he have a song about that? Anyway, the head of HR at my work has openly stated multiple times that he encourages the hiring of females and non-whites, so we can appear more PC. He has said "I tell management to hire the non-white candidate if there is the option" and also added to hire females or people over 40 for the same reason. Never said that he wishes we had more diversity or better applicants, but simply to hire the non-white candidate if there is a choice.
    My previous employer has said something very similar as well. Both were government funded public positions too. But for some reason that is okay, and neither had any fear in openly stating it multiple times (even though neither were white themselves).
    Not that this has anything to do with LGBT rights, but since it was brought up...
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    I've seen the same thing at work.

Godfather.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mace1229 said:

I'm assuming your a white male based only on your position on this topic and your support for trump.

A lot of people do actually. Even Ben Folds agrees, doesn't he have a song about that? Anyway, the head of HR at my work has openly stated multiple times that he encourages the hiring of females and non-whites, so we can appear more PC. He has said "I tell management to hire the non-white candidate if there is the option" and also added to hire females or people over 40 for the same reason. Never said that he wishes we had more diversity or better applicants, but simply to hire the non-white candidate if there is a choice.
    My previous employer has said something very similar as well. Both were government funded public positions too. But for some reason that is okay, and neither had any fear in openly stating it multiple times (even though neither were white themselves).
    Not that this has anything to do with LGBT rights, but since it was brought up...
    Well, if Ben folds says it....

Do you know why companies have equal opportunity employer programs? Because whites got ALL of the jobs for centuries.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042

mace1229 said:

Do you know why companies have equal opportunity employer programs? Because whites got ALL of the jobs for centuries.
    I realize that, but that doesn't make it nondiscrimination to make a blanket statement to not hire whites. And it doesn't make sense anyway, how is it any better to give preference to any group and in 100 years are we going to have to reverse this again when the middle-white class has been out of work? Why not just be fair now instead of over-correcting for our previous generations mistakes.
    If I were another race I would like to know I got the job because I was the best candidate, and not because I wasn't white.
    It was such a racist conversation that we were laughing about it for weeks because it was so ridiculous. Our HR director spoke with our department about the hiring process for the upper management position and openly stated he tells the hiring committee to hire non-white first (and points to an African American in the meeting as if we needed an example), then female, then someone over 40 if that is still an option after weeding out all the white men.
    What's wrong with hiring the best candidate regardless of race, gender, sexually preference, etc.?
    In the perfect world isn't that what we want anyway? To ignore all those factors when making decisions. So why give anyone preference for any reason?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728

I was just making a point that discrimination is a double edge knife, if you say for instance that not allowing a transgender to use a bathroom to his or hers liking is discrimination then I am well within my right to call you out for the same because I'm not comfortable with that choice that you are trying to force on me....there for you are discriminating against me.

Godfather.

So people who support discrimination, but now aren't being allowed to discriminate are now themselves victims of discrimination? I'm in right-wing bizarro world!!
  • Options

I was just making a point that discrimination is a double edge knife, if you say for instance that not allowing a transgender to use a bathroom to his or hers liking is discrimination then I am well within my right to call you out for the same because I'm not comfortable with that choice that you are trying to force on me....there for you are discriminating against me.

Godfather.

So people who support discrimination, but now aren't being allowed to discriminate are now themselves victims of discrimination? I'm in right-wing bizarro world!!
    Hahahahahahhaba
  • Options

mace1229 said:

no, the most qualified get the jobs......unless your a minority, wake up my friend.
    I was told once that if I were a minority or a woman I would have got the job, that's no bullshit
    so the whites only get the jobs don't fly with me.

Godfather.

• Options

mace1229 said:

no, the most qualified get the jobs......unless your a minority, wake up my friend.
    I was told once that if I were a minority or a woman I would have got the job, that's no bullshit

Godfather.

So, for 180 years, whites got all the jobs regardless of who was more qualified. Sucks to be a white man in the 21st century. Doesn't it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Kat said:

A lot of money comes from the federal gov to schools so why can't they just get some remodeling on their bathrooms and locker rooms with partitions to solve this problem? Too easy?

The cost associated with this for all schools in the nation has to be pretty high. And it wasn't budgeted for. If we want to keep on adding debt in every facet of government, then yes it is easy to execute.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153

mace1229 said:

Godfather.

So, for 180 years, whites got all the jobs regardless of who was more qualified. Sucks to be a white man in the 21st century. Doesn't it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0
    I understand the argument some, because white males of today have the benefit of what their fathers/grandfathers received because they were white. That said, at most companies, it certainly is not an advantage to be a white male. That's a good thing. But we need to make sure we don't turn it into a disadvantage. I do think there needs to be much care and balance.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,269
    the americans with disabilities act was passed in the early 90s. all schools and businesses had a government mandate to have handicapped bathrooms/stalls. did this increase the cost? yes some. but was it a good thing? yes. was it a government overreach? hardly. 20 years from now a trans friendly bathroom will be looked on as the right thing to do.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

what did you guy's think would happen ? the whole world is not sympathetic to the LGBT population, this is what happens when something is forced on people or pushed on people.

Godfather.

The Problem is with those that have a problem with other humans for stupid fucking reason. Genatalia. GENATALIA. really?

Go in take a piss and get on with your lives. Jesus.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/13/report-obama-administration-to-tell-public-schools-to-let-transgender-students-use-bathrooms-their-choice.html?intcmp=hpbt1

and if not threatens to cut off finical aid and possible civil suit ????? what a friggin idiot....Glad I didn't vote for this clown

Godfather.

Why is he an idiot? Every president for the last 70 years has used this same tactic to get states to do what they want. Obama isn't the only one bro.
    they have publicly threatened schools with law suits and funding cuts ?
    Obama has gone off the deep end man...he is a total disaster to this country in my opinion.

Godfather.

No, Obama's Fighting for sanity. Realling in those on the deep end.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Kat said:

Nothing needs to be done. No money needs to be spent.

There isn't a problem. All just fictitious fear created and spread by scared conservatives painted into a corner and lashing back anyway they know how. All desperation BS.

Why not just love theigh neighbor.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

the americans with disabilities act was passed in the early 90s. all schools and businesses had a government mandate to have handicapped bathrooms/stalls. did this increase the cost? yes some. but was it a good thing? yes. was it a government overreach? hardly. 20 years from now a trans friendly bathroom will be looked on as the right thing to do.

The ADA was also a Bill passed by both the House and Senate, then signed into law by Bush Sr. Big difference then what's going on now.

If Congress passes a new law or amends a existing law, then the the President in office at that time signs it into law, then I'm 100% for it. But to have Obama (or any President) acting like a Dictator making up laws on their own and blackmailing states by withholding all their Federal money for schools to do it their way or else is 100% illegal.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Kat said:

In my school district, the federal contribution to our total budget is 1.6%. It's a general misunderstanding that the federal government sends a lot of money to schools. They don't send squat. They make a lot of rules but they never fund any of them.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Prove it.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

^^^
    Prove it.

Seriously? Good lord. Every school budget is public record.

I have no idea how to take screen shots on my phone. Here's the link to the 2017 budget overview for my district since I could potentially be lying about the federal government being a complete pain in the ass when it comes to regulating schools

www.fcps.edu/news/fy2017.shtml

Click on the link "2017 advertised budget"

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Man chokes little girl in bathroom...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-man-accused-of-choking-girl-8-in-south-loop-store-20160513-story.html

Certain safe spaces for women should be maintained
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-man-accused-of-choking-girl-8-in-south-loop-store-20160513-story.html

right armed guards checking for dick stationed outside every bathroom
    only this guy wasnt trans nor dressed as or portrayong himself as a woman

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

There is no need for armed guards and no need for legislation. Things were working just find through common sense. What we have now though is a desensitization to the concept of certain spaces being safe for women which will result in the turning of a blind eye to the extreme moments where assholes like this decide to invade those spaces. The consequences of good intentions...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    BS44325 said:

What point do you think this story makes that's relevant to this thread, to LGBT issues, or even to "safe spaces"?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    The conservatives pushing for discriminatory laws have couched the law in a way to make it appear it's about safety for the kids. It's easier to get this pushed through and meet less resistance, because the people who don't know any better go along with it. And of course that part is understandable, because who wants kids to be attacked? It's pretty sad to see people get manipulated by it. It was the same when gay people started gaining equal ground. Groups pushed laws for "traditional marriage" in an indirect way to deny gay people getting married.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

What point do you think this story makes that's relevant to this thread, to LGBT issues, or even to "safe spaces"?
    Not relevant to LGBT issues but certainly relevant to safe spaces.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

There is no need for armed guards and no need for legislation. Things were working just find through common sense. What we have now though is a desensitization to the concept of certain spaces being safe for women which will result in the turning of a blind eye to the extreme moments where assholes like this decide to invade those spaces. The consequences of good intentions...
    Allowing a person who is transgendered to use whichever bathroom they deem fit for their needs is common sense. Making that law, or whatever, does not make it any easier for the bad guys to get into the women's bathrooms and do bad things. That's common sense.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Kat said:

Some school districts can barely afford books and now they are supposed to build gender neutral bathroom? How about they just add port johns outside that everyone must use. problem solved.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II