Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x said:

sooo ... tennessee wanted to make the bible the state book!? ... good grief!

For real? Wtf is wrong with America.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ed made a very beautiful speech about this last night, the gist of which was why don't we worry about eliminating suffering and not suffering how people eliminate lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    ^^^^The man simplified things to the point where it makes complete sense. Well done.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:

Free said:

dignin said:

Jason P said:

dignin said:

Jason P said:

Should PJ cancel too? Who has tix?

Who would this be punishing? You think PJ or Bruce canceling a concert means jack squat to a Billy Ray fan?

It's a huge message and I bet the people in power might be starting to get it. Actions have consequences.

Good for Bruce, this takes big balls.
    It's an extremely dumb message with the options Bruce has at his disposal. How about doing a free 60 minute acoustic set at a rally to raise awareness?

This will cause minimal economic impact to the local economy but will cause major economic impact to his fans who are the one that most likely agree with Bruce's views.

Dumb.
    This draws huge attention to the cause. Acoustic set wouldn't have done shit, this is action...walking the talk.

This isn't dumb, it's admirable.
    I agree. But I don't think PJ has the balls to do the same.
    Bruce's balls have gotten bigger with age, PJ's balls appear to have waded into a cold pool.
    Thanks for proving me wrong PJ!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    polaris_x said:

missouri legislators passed the same law. governor vetoed it. legislature is trying to override the veto. :megafacepalm:

my question is, with over 20% of americans identifying as atheist or agnostic, why are they just now trying to make the bible the state book? shouldn't that have happened 100 years ago when everyone was religious?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Ed made a very beautiful speech about this last night, the gist of which was why don't we worry about eliminating suffering and not suffering how people eliminate lol

Love this!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

missouri legislators passed the same law. governor vetoed it. legislature is trying to override the veto. :megafacepalm:

my question is, with over 20% of americans identifying as atheist or agnostic, why are they just now trying to make the bible the state book? shouldn't that have happened 100 years ago when everyone was religious?
    because hate, fear and intolerance fuels the country now ... the other day, a muslim student speaking arabic on the plane not only got kicked off the flight - he got the full on FBI grill job ... this same guy just received an ovation from the UN assembly the day before ... but some ignorant woman fueled with hate and intolerance made sure he wasn't gonna be on the same flight ...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

because hate, fear and intolerance fuels the country now ... the other day, a muslim student speaking arabic on the plane not only got kicked off the flight - he got the full on FBI grill job ... this same guy just received an ovation from the UN assembly the day before ... but some ignorant woman fueled with hate and intolerance made sure he wasn't gonna be on the same flight ...
    I hope he sues the airline for millions. Which one was it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

I hope he sues the airline for millions. Which one was it?
    I am guessing American Airlines

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    It was Southwest. I believe they are standing by their actions.

He and his family came here as refugees from Iraq several years ago. He was on the phone calling a family member when the woman heard him and reported him to the crew. Reprehensible.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    "I’m the father of a 21 year old daughter. There are lots of things I worry about. I worry about her being sexually assaulted, because that happens a lot. I worry about her being the victim of a drunk driver, because that happens a lot. I worry about her being the victim of gun violence, because lots of people die from gun-related injuries. Here’s what I do not worry about: I don’t worry about her being attacked in a restroom by a trans woman because (a) it has never happened; and (b) trans women are the most victimized group of people I’ve ever met, and the least likely to commit a crime of indecency in a restroom, because they are afraid of getting beat up when all they want to do is pee. And here is something else I don’t worry about: I don’t worry about my daughter being cruel and inhumane to trans men, women or kids, because my wife and I have raised her to have values and because she is a kind person. There are things to worry about. and then there are things people want you to worry about to conceal their agenda of discrimination and hate. Wake up."

http://uproxx.com/life/angry-dad-trans-bathroom-laws/
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    so trans people will be the only ones other than real women using the women's restroom ?.....I doubt that, your opening a door for sexual predators and this guy will have to live with the actions and crimes committed by these sick fucks...and the victims will have no choice all because a group of liberals believe that a man in a dress identifies himself as a woman is harmless.....it seems to me that any man who wears a dress and make-up in public is already battling with his own issues, not all are violent I'm sure but if you can make a case against concealed carry or even open carry laws but find it O.K. to open the door for men to use the women's public restrooms your catering to your own agenda and not that of society as a whole

Godfather.
  • Options

so trans people will be the only ones other than real women using the women's restroom ?.....I doubt that, your opening a door for sexual predators and this guy will have to live with the actions and crimes committed by these sick fucks...and the victims will have no choice all because a group of liberals believe that a man in a dress identifies himself as a woman is harmless.....it seems to me that any man who wears a dress and make-up in public is already battling with his own issues, not all are violent I'm sure but if you can make a case against concealed carry or even open carry laws but find it O.K. to open the door for men to use the women's public restrooms your catering to your own agenda and not that of society as a whole

Godfather.

Bigotry is ugly, open your mind not your mouth.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    http://www.indyweek.com/music/archives/2016/04/23/we-talk-to-henry-rollins-about-his-anti-hb-2-piece-in-la-weekly-he-reads-our-minds

Great interview with Hank that expresses what some us feel in NC. I agree it is the artist's choice to make the decision to boycott or not. I respect what PJ did.

thanks to my friend Susan for sending me this link.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I'm still amazed that people let politicians create problems that don't exist so they can solve them with solutions meant to do something else entirely really.

With so many real issues to work...why make shit up?

And the republican governor that take about abuse of federal government powers....and then in turn does the same thing to cities that pass their own laws is so hypocritical.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881

Godfather.

What exactly is/was stopping a sexual predator right now or before these laws were in place? Hmm?

The times I have heard of molestation or other sexual assualt done to minors has been man on boy in the mens rooms.

How many cases of sexual assualt have ben reported that the perpatrators is a trans person?

Have you taught your son or daughter to piss or shit with the stall door open?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Yes really. Your post was very misguided to say the least.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

No, dude really yourself.

Your Bigotry here is known and accepted, but I won't let it ride silently.

Linking gay and transgender people with predators and pedophiles is the oldest, most disgusting trick in the "dumbass bigot playbook".
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

No, dude really yourself.

Your Bigotry here is known and accepted, but I won't let it ride silently.

Linking gay and transgender people with predators and pedophiles is the oldest, most disgusting trick in the "dumbass bigot playbook".
    Why not engage in conversation to change his mind?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Godfather - how does not allowing transgendered people to use what they deem the most appropriate bathroom stop a predator from sexually assaulting someone?

Would a rapist see a "women's only" sign and think .... Damn I want to rape me some women, but I can't go in there, it's against the law?

Really?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Why not engage in conversation to change his mind?

Waste of breath.
  • Options
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

wow....just friggin unreal, I just can't wrap my head around letting anybody's wife or daughter use a public bathroom any fuckin male can just walk into but I guess that the price your willing to pay to show the world you believe in transgender equality...which is bullshit in my humble opinion..but carry on in the names of your wives and daughters if it suits your non judgmental feelings.......

Godfather.

• Options

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

wow....just friggin unreal, I just can't wrap my head around letting anybody's wife or daughter use a public bathroom any fuckin male can just walk into but I guess that the price your willing to pay to show the world you believe in transgender equality...which is bullshit in my humble opinion..but carry on in the names of your wives and daughters if it suits your non judgmental feelings.......

Godfather.

Not everyone sees their wives and daughters as frail little ducklings that must be sheltered and protected from the evil penises lurking about the world.
    I was born of a woman who would judo chop your throat and tear out your eyes without remorse and I married a woman who would kick your nuts into your ears and poke you full of holes in short order.

You think placards on the door are protecting your ducklings now? That's pretty foolish.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Godfather.

What's to stop anyone from walking into any bathroom now?
    A sign that says "WOMEN "?
    Will that stop a predator?

Are you really that afraid of a transgendered person using a public bathroom?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Godfather.

Wtf are you talking about? If some dude wants to dress up like a woman and go into a women's washroom and attack people or spy on them, he can do it now. And there really doesn't seem to be a crime wave of men posing as women in women's washrooms. This is the dumbest concern of all time, seriously. I can't even fucking believe people are talking about it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    You can really tell who the Fox News viewers are.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

dude really ?????

Godfather.

Godfather.

Not everyone sees their wives and daughters as frail little ducklings that must be sheltered and protected from the evil penises lurking about the world.
    I was born of a woman who would judo chop your throat and tear out your eyes without remorse and I married a woman who would kick your nuts into your ears and poke you full of holes in short order.

You think placards on the door are protecting your ducklings now? That's pretty foolish.
    hahahahhahhahaha so... amazing piece of work did you think of that all by your self ?
    hahahahhahahahaha you and Brucie Jenner...go get em killer ! ahahahahahhahahahha ohhhh shit I can't stop laughing, thank you for the laugh.

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Wtf are you talking about? If some dude wants to dress up like a woman and go into a women's washroom and attack people or spy on them, he can do it now. And there really doesn't seem to be a crime wave of men posing as women in women's washrooms. This is the dumbest concern of all time, seriously. I can't even fucking believe people are talking about it.
    and now people like the train members are telling them it's o.k.......but yes your right this is the dumbest thing ever, why would anybody let a man in the ladies room ?

Godfather
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

and now people like the train members are telling them it's o.k.......but yes your right this is the dumbest thing ever, why would anybody let a man in the ladies room ?

Godfather
    Pardon? That makes zero sense to me. Who is saying it's okay to attack and spy on people in washrooms?
    Seriously, do really still not know the difference between being transgendered and cross-dressing??