Options

2016 Tour lottery Ticket Odds

Comments

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Did I dream that I read somewhere that they aren't allocating back of the floor tickets to 10club anymore? Or was that real? I cant find it anymore...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    ComeToTX said:

Haven't kept up with this thread because it just confuses me but I have a quick question...if the percentage of my 5th choice is 99% am I guaranteed to win?

If it says 99%, I feel comfortable betting that you would get them at almost any ranking. They just cant say 100% to protect themselves in the event that one or two people dont get them
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

a quick question about odds
    lets say a shows says,30%
    thats means with simple mathematics 3 out of 10 people will score tic..
    so if 10c has 1000 pair of tickets and 3000 members enter lottery 1000 of them will score tix
    now..is this 30% odds,of all people enter,or only fisrt priority?
    cos i guess in ny for exable the people will score must have that show only 1st priority..
    no way to win ga at ny if its not your 1st priority.
    so the second show at ny u put as 2nd priority is a no score option for sure
    cos if they have for exable 1000 pairs for ny,im sure will be sold to members put it as 1st priority
    and anyone put ga at ny as 2nd,3rd priority there is not a chance to score cos members have it as 1st priority will get them all

Agreed with all of this. And out of pure speculation from what Ten Club said in the mail, I'm pretty sure that the answer to your question: "now..is this 30% odds,of all people enter,or only fisrt priority?" is all people, meaning that the odds in your example would actually be better than 30%. They still won't be good but they will be a bit better.
  • Options
    I feel like I am playing PowerBall again. Feels like about the same odds of winning and I'm dreaming of what I will do with my winning NY1 GA tickets. :-)
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587

ComeToTX said:

Haven't kept up with this thread because it just confuses me but I have a quick question...if the percentage of my 5th choice is 99% am I guaranteed to win?

If it says 99%, I feel comfortable betting that you would get them at almost any ranking. They just cant say 100% to protect themselves in the event that one or two people dont get them
    Thanks! That's my thought as well.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    FrankieG said:

Did I dream that I read somewhere that they aren't allocating back of the floor tickets to 10club anymore? Or was that real? I cant find it anymore...

That was real. 10c said they listened to feedback, and try to keep fanclub seats closest on the floor, or in lower raised sections closer to the stage. Can't remember where I saw that.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    3days said:

FrankieG said:

That was real. 10c said they listened to feedback, and try to keep fanclub seats closest on the floor, or in lower raised sections closer to the stage. Can't remember where I saw that.
    It's on the tour info page somewhere, says something like very few tix behind ga will be used or something
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Any one change their selections yet due to the odds dropping?
  • Options
    a5pj said:

3days said:

FrankieG said:

It's on the tour info page somewhere, says something like very few tix behind ga will be used or something
    :joy: Thank you guys!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    FrankieG said:

Here's exactly what it says:

Reserved Seating: 

Reserved seated tickets are being held for the Ten Club in some of the best seat locations in the house, the majority of which includes the side sections in the 100 level as well as a very small amount of floor seats behind the GA pit.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

If you will it it is no dream

• Options
    lukins fridgelukins fridge Posts: 237
    edited January 2016
    Everyone seems to be asking the same kind of question and no one really knows the answer. Let me try to pose it another way.

(True) Scenario:
    I want to go to one of the Philly shows in any way shape or form. I do REALLY REALLY want GA -preferably April 29.

So ignoring the odds, this is how I should pick:

CHOICE 1: April 29 - Philadelphia, PA- GA Standing
    CHOICE 2: April 28 - Philadelphia, PA- GA Standing
    CHOICE 3: April 29 - Philadelphia, PA- Reserved Seating
    CHOICE 4: April 28 - Philadelphia, PA- Reserved Seating

However, I don't want to get completely shut out of both shows either. So should I take the odds into consideration and pick this way?:

CHOICE 1: April 28 - Philadelphia, PA- Reserved Seating 46%
    CHOICE 2: April 29 - Philadelphia, PA- Reserved Seating 36%
    CHOICE 3: April 28 - Philadelphia, PA- GA Standing 20%
    CHOICE 4: April 29 - Philadelphia, PA- GA Standing 16%

Anyone know? Bueller?
    Post edited by lukins fridge on
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    a5pj said:

3days said:

FrankieG said:

GA (General Admission Standing) Tickets:

There will be a GA pit in front of the stage at each venue taking up 1/3 -1/2 of the floor. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for the fan club pre-sale drawing. Please know there are less GA pit tickets available in the drawing than there are reserved seated tickets. If you are NOT interested in standing for the entirety of the show, do not enter the drawing for GA tickets.

Reserved Seating: 

Reserved seated tickets are being held for the Ten Club in some of the best seat locations in the house, the majority of which includes the side sections in the 100 level as well as a very small amount of floor seats behind the GA pit. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club. Remember: public seated tickets fall behind the fan club seats, so no matter your seniority, your fan club seats still put you at an advantage. There are more reserved seated tickets available than GA tickets for Ten Club members.
  • Options

Everyone seems to be asking the same kind of question and no one really knows the answer. Let me try to pose it another way.

(True) Scenario:
    I want to go to one of the Philly shows in any way shape or form. I do REALLY REALLY want GA -preferably April 29.

However, I don't want to get completely shut out of both shows either. So should I take the odds into consideration and pick this way?:

Anyone know? Bueller?

This is truely a judgement call on you. Your first choice will obviously have the best chance to win. The odds clearly show the best ratio of entrants vs tickets. You need to judge the value of the date and seat location vs the odds of winning the ticket. There is no way to make this scientific.
  • Options
    Go with what you want... You've got the same odds as anyone else. You'll never know if you might have gotten GA if you don't try. Plus a lot of those numbers will increase when people drop out due to being selected for the alternate show. My advice everytime is to go for what you really want. Reserved tickets as 1st Choice isn't a lock either.
  • Options

I emailed tenclub. The answer makes me wish I never asked. Thoughts? My question is could making reserve seating your 2nd 4th or 5th pick here your #1 ga odds.
  • Options
    alskaraokealskaraoke Posts: 66
    edited January 2016
    Hurt your ga oddsfor pick #1 sorry. Typo. Example. Your first selection is ga #1 for show that has 89%. Second selection same show just reserved at 99. You hit on second choice. Is it a better gamble to just list ga only on a show that isnt as popular if you really want a ga ticket.
    Post edited by alskaraoke on
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 738

(True) Scenario:

Anyone know? Bueller?

I wouldnt waste your 2nd choice on GA because there is no way GA makes it to round 2. So I would either do your second scenerio or do GA for 1st choice and reserved for 2nd and 3rd. Since you can only win one night, the reserved chances are actually quite good...if it is your first choice. If it is 3rd or 4th???good luck
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813

I emailed tenclub. The answer makes me wish I never asked. Thoughts? My question is could making reserve seating your 2nd 4th or 5th pick here your #1 ga odds.

Priority matters. For the GA lottery they will throw in everyone that is #1 priority GA and do a lottery. Then they will do a lottery for #1 Reserved seating. If after these two lotteries are done and GA and/or Reserved seating are not filled they will move on to the #2 priorities and so on until all tenclub tickets have been exhausted. The only thing priority does not effect is the odds tool.
  • Options

You're priority is a consideration for the actual drawing:
    Meaning that random names get drawn that pick the event 1st choice first. If tickets remain for that event/ticket type after everyone has their first choice, then they move on to 2nd choice for that event/ticket type, then 3rd... etc.
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287

(True) Scenario:

Anyone know? Bueller?

If you really want GA, put in for that first like your scenario 1.
    You'll have a pretty good chance of getting one of the shows since winners of show 1 will be excluded from show 2 and vice versa. Majority of people putting in for both GA/reserved formats for both shows in same city this year so the real odds of you getting any individual choice are probably 2-3 times higher than the odds they actually list.
    I think that people are overthinking the GA/reserved thing. In 2013, I listed Philly 2 reserved as my first priority and Philly 2 GA as my 2nd. I ended up getting my 2nd priority (the GA seats) in the lottery. Based on what we're seeing with lower odds for GA than reserved on this tour, and fewer GA seats, there's no way that they would've run everyone's first priority pick, run out of reserved, but had GAs for my 2nd pick. This makes me think that they lump the people requesting both reserved/GA (which is probably most people) for the same shows and run a lottery out of that and then sort out the GA/reserved location later after picking which members will be attending.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Over....thinking....*clap, clap, clap clap clap!*
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options

(True) Scenario:

Anyone know? Bueller?

You are only allowed to win tickets for 1 show. Right?
    With that being said, if it were me, I would have reserved seats as my 1st 2 choices.
    I would be more than thrilled to be in the building.
    I would be more than thrilled with the reserved seats that my 10club number got me. (Like everyone here was for 20 years, until GA turned everyone in to a bunch of ding-a-lings)

Get your reserved seats.
    Have a wonderful time at the show.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

(True) Scenario:

Anyone know? Bueller?

With that being said, if it were me, I would have reserved seats as my 1st 2 choices.
    I would be more than thrilled with the reserved seats that my 10club number got me. (Like everyone here was for 20 years, until GA turned everyone in to a bunch of ding-a-lings)

Get your reserved seats.

In other words, look at the lottery as just that, a lottery.

You are assigned a ping pong ball. You allow your ping pong ball to go into the big spinning bucket for GA seats.

When the lottery begins, and they start drawing those ping pong balls, your ping ball may just sit in that bucket for an hour, dying a long ugly death, while all the reserved tickets are being distributed. You know what I mean? Not only are you not drawn for a GA seat, but as you waited, all the reserved tickets were also taken.

Putting GA as your 1st 2 choices, may just be a guarantee that you end up with NOTHING.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    3days said:

You're priority is a consideration for the actual drawing:
    Meaning that random names get drawn that pick the event 1st choice first. If tickets remain for that event/ticket type after everyone has their first choice, then they move on to 2nd choice for that event/ticket type, then 3rd... etc.
    I think im reading too much into it. Saw where a guy had philly ga 2 and philly ga 1 and got ga with second pick. i had charlotte ga 1 and charlotte reserve 5 and got reserve. Charlotte ga in 2013 wasnt bad. Had decent odds. I asked 10club if they lump reserve and ga together for same cities and they didn not answer on that. One would assume they draw them all out individually but the 10club answer is anything is possible.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Finkle is Einhorn!!!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    What do 10c lottery winners do that are going to the show solo do?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options

(True) Scenario:

Anyone know? Bueller?

Get your reserved seats.

In other words, look at the lottery as just that, a lottery.

You are assigned a ping pong ball. You allow your ping pong ball to go into the big spinning bucket for GA seats.

When the lottery begins, and they start drawing those ping pong balls, your ping ball may just sit in that bucket for an hour, dying a long ugly death, while all the reserved tickets are being distributed. You know what I mean? Not only are you not drawn for a GA seat, but as you waited, all the reserved tickets were also taken.

Putting GA as your 1st 2 choices, may just be a guarantee that you end up with NOTHING.
    Well said my friend.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    GB281198 said:

Any one change their selections yet due to the odds dropping?

Yes, just planned a 3rd vacation ; )
  • Options
    Then of course there are those of us that are waiting for the Fenway shows. I am not going for any of the April/May shows (I have been waiting for this Fenway show for a LONG time). My thoughts are that if you entered the lottery for the main part of the tour your should not be eligible to enter the lottery for the Fenway/Wrigley shows. If there are TC tickets left after that lottery for the Boston and Chicago devotees, then they can do another lottery for them. I know this won't happen but we Boston folks have been waiting VERY patiently for this show in our home ballpark!