Options

2016 Tour lottery Ticket Odds

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I love this thread. If I were the TC I'd just mess with the %'s. I'd put NY down to 1% just to mess with us all!
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    edited January 2016

dtr0624 said:

Hampton will be the hidden gem. this tours version of cville 13. odds are great for both ga and reserved

Unless there is no energy because nobody is there.....
    Cville had the same odds. remember in 13 they also had baltimore, charlotte, etc in the area and they still sold that show out. its gonna be a great show. trust me lol look out for big wave too being in virginia beach
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,480
    Red Lukin said:

I love this thread. If I were the TC I'd just mess with the %'s. I'd put NY down to 1% just to mess with us all!</blockquote

I would as well

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    alskaraokealskaraoke Posts: 66
    edited January 2016

marjen said:

I really think there is ONE change that needs to be implemented here. Someone should not be able to win tickets to multiple shows until everyone has a shot at tickets. SO basically take them out of the running unless everyone else who also wanted tickets and has not won the lottery for another show wins at least one show. That way at least more people will have an opportunity to see a show on the tour. Last time you would have people winning 7-8 shows worth of tickets and other people completely snubbed. That is not right.

In theory I 100% agree with this, but I'm just not sure the sophistication of the 10C system could accommodate it. I like the idea though.
    It doesn't make sense though given supply and demand isn't the same for every show. Its possible someone puts in for 2 shows like NYC and Philly and gets completely shut out. Someone else puts in for 3 shows with less demand where everyone gets tickets and they get all 3. How does it work then? The second person only gets 1 show instead of 3 - even though there are plenty of tickets? Now that is not right.

Supply and demand. In Philly 45 million people in a 200 mi radius.
    Post edited by alskaraoke on
  • Options
    I have Miami reserved seating as my 4th choice, if the percentage stays in high 80's (doubt it) you think there is a good chance I could get it still?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 738
    BLACK35 said:

I have Miami reserved seating as my 4th choice, if the percentage stays in high 80's (doubt it) you think there is a good chance I could get it still?

Yes because the people who win the GA seats probably have Reserved as their second choices so once they win GA, they are no longer being considered for Reserved. Right now if I put in for Miami reserved and Miami GA, both are being counted towards the percentages. Once I win the GA, I am no longer being considered for Reserved. Hope this makes sense
  • Options
    JR86440 said:

BLACK35 said:

Yes because the people who win the GA seats probably have Reserved as their second choices so once they win GA, they are no longer being considered for Reserved. Right now if I put in for Miami reserved and Miami GA, both are being counted towards the percentages. Once I win the GA, I am no longer being considered for Reserved. Hope this makes sense
    it does and thanks.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    stubhub baby!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this thread is hilarious
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    my2hands said:

this thread is hilarious

Who knew there were so many ways to skin the same cat :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

JB128716 said:

2. So if PJ has 500 tickets in GA and only 300 people are requesting it, the percentage is still 99% because all people that requested it should win (always that 1 percent we messed up scenario).

Actually the percentage there would be 83%.
    500 tickets, 300 requests. Each request is for a pair, so 600 tickets requested.
    So 250 of those 300 requests would be filled.
    Here's the easiest way to understand the numbers: the value shown simply indicates the percentage of members who will get tickets for that particular option. The big variable, as many people have noted, is where in their priority list they placed it.

So, for instance, MSG1 GA at 11% simply means that 11% of the people who requested it so far will win tickets. It doesn't actually/accurately indicate your odds of being one of the 11%. Of course, (and this has also been said), the 11% is accurate only to the extent that people choose MSG1 GA as their first pick. So logically the actual number of people who will get tickets will be some value higher than 11%.
    Portland Meadows 1993
    Columbia SC 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    Missoula 2018
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    This is from th info page under the odds/lottery information. Also states that this tool was designed to show the demand for any given show.

"- After entering, you may win or lose any given ticket type regardless of odds because the drawing is a random luck of the draw. "

As much as we try, we can't figure it out, too many unknowns in the rules. Put in for your most wanted shows and hope the pearl jam universe smiles on us.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    Let me start with saying I barely got a C in statistics and I have never been able to fully master figuring pot odds. There is no way I can understand this odds calculator.

I don't think anyone has asked this question. Suppose I select these shows:
    1st: NY1 GA
    2nd: NY2 GA
    3rd: NY1 Reserved
    4th: NY2 Reserved
    5th: Jacksonville GA
    And then let's say I pray to the rock gods and I am selected for my 1st priority tickets. My 2nd, 3rd, and 4th selections are no longer eligible. Would this move my Jacksonville up to my 2nd choice or do you think I have to wait until they reach the 5th round of drawings for me to be able to get into Jacksonville. (And I realize some might think I should consider myself lucky to have gotten NY1 GA and let someone else go to Jacksonville, but...)

I know, no one can answer this question for me. Just throwing another wrench into the mix of anxiety.
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but there were several shows in 2013 where they had second chance lottery for shows where either they got more tickets allotted from the arenas or there were left overs not claimed. Would not count on it this time around but could happen for some of the less profile shows...

Also was wondering how reserved really works. If I put it as 1st priority with number (made up) like 500xxx and someone else put it second or less likely 3rd priority with more senior better number, will they have better seats even though I put it as first priority?? I know reserved seats are given by seniority, but does priority ranking matter???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2016
    PP193448 said:

So I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but there were several shows in 2013 where they had second chance lottery for shows where either they got more tickets allotted from the arenas or there were left overs not claimed. Would not count on it this time around but could happen for some of the less profile shows...

Also was wondering how reserved really works. If I put it as 1st priority with number (made up) like 500xxx and someone else put it second or less likely 3rd priority with more senior better number, will they have better seats even though I put it as first priority?? I know reserved seats are given by seniority, but does priority ranking matter???

Seniority only comes into play when you win reserved seats. Their location is determined by your seniority. Your priority only increases or decreases your chances of actually being drawn. It does not determine where your seats are.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2016

Seniority only comes into play when you win reserved seats. Their location is determined by your seniority. Your priority only increases or decreases your chances of actually being drawn. It does not determine where your seats are.

Which means if the other person has a higher seniority, been longer in the Tenclub, they get better seats than you, no matter what priority they won with.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited January 2016
    dtr0624 said:

Greenville and Hampton are both 99%for ga. Wow

Welp so much for that. Everything has changed, absolutely nothing's changed.

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632

Let me start with saying I barely got a C in statistics and I have never been able to fully master figuring pot odds. There is no way I can understand this odds calculator.

And then let's say I pray to the rock gods and I am selected for my 1st priority tickets. My 2nd, 3rd, and 4th selections are no longer eligible. Would this move my Jacksonville up to my 2nd choice or do you think I have to wait until they reach the 5th round of drawings for me to be able to get into Jacksonville. (And I realize some might think I should consider myself lucky to have gotten NY1 GA and let someone else go to Jacksonville, but...)

I know, no one can answer this question for me. Just throwing another wrench into the mix of anxiety.

I think you're better off putting NY GA 1st then Jacksonville 2nd

The odds of you getting any of the NYC tickets below 1st choice is very, very slim

Atleast, from what I understand. I could be wrong, though.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Just join the Canadian lottery ticket cartel
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Everything has chains...
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994

The odds of you getting any of the NYC tickets below 1st choice is very, very slim

Agreed, or possibly

NY1 GA
    NY2 res
    Jack GA
    Then whatever...

I think most people who put in for NY put 4 choices so it really brings down the numbers.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    my2hands said:

Everything has chains...

Was thinking the same thing
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Agreed, or possibly

NY1 GA
    NY2 res
    Jack GA
    Then whatever...

I think most people who put in for NY put 4 choices so it really brings down the numbers.
    Thank you both for the advice. I will be changing my picks for the third time now. This is stressful!
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    If it's meant to be, it will be.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Agreed buck. It's a lottery. People here always have extra tix it seems anyways.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    If you will it it is no dream
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    a quick question about odds
    lets say a shows says,30%
    thats means with simple mathematics 3 out of 10 people will score tic..
    so if 10c has 1000 pair of tickets and 3000 members enter lottery 1000 of them will score tix
    now..is this 30% odds,of all people enter,or only fisrt priority?
    cos i guess in ny for exable the people will score must have that show only 1st priority..
    no way to win ga at ny if its not your 1st priority.
    so the second show at ny u put as 2nd priority is a no score option for sure
    cos if they have for exable 1000 pairs for ny,im sure will be sold to members put it as 1st priority
    and anyone put ga at ny as 2nd,3rd priority there is not a chance to score cos members have it as 1st priority will get them all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Haven't kept up with this thread because it just confuses me but I have a quick question...if the percentage of my 5th choice is 99% am I guaranteed to win?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 738
    edited January 2016
    the 30% odds is of all people who put in, whether it is first choice or 8th choice. I wouldnt even try for NY GA. The odds just arent there. You get maybe a 10% chance of winning, then you need to hope you get picked with your second pick. By then, all the reserved tix may very well be gone. For me, I have pretty much changed my philosophy. I am only going for GA if the odds are VERY MUCH in my favor. If not, I just go reserved. My 4 top choices are all reserved. Compare that to the guy who uses Lauderdale GA as 1, Reserved as 2, Miami GA as 3 and Miami Reserved as 4. Two shows, 4 picks. I have 4 shows with my 4 top picks.
    Post edited by JR86440 on
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    ComeToTX said:

Haven't kept up with this thread because it just confuses me but I have a quick question...if the percentage of my 5th choice is 99% am I guaranteed to win?

I think there's a reason it says 99% and not 100%. That said, I would feel comfortable going for 99% seats with any selection.