Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    rr165892 said:

Mark,What was the physical condition of those folks who said your wasting away?
    We got to break it down to build it up.You sir are on the path to well being ,strength and fitness.That scares people who do not have the drive to make it happen in their own lives.

word.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    3 miles in segments.

I started at a slightly faster pace, and my segments were a little longer. I'm very happy :)

Time for coffee and cookies!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    Ran 2.75 miles yesterday after a triceps/purmotion workout. My body is angry with me today...and that doesn't bode well for tonight.
  • Options

Ran 2.75 miles yesterday after a triceps/purmotion workout. My body is angry with me today...and that doesn't bode well for tonight.

Have fun tonight, markymark550!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    3 miles in segments. I pushed myself a little. The harder parts weren't as enjoyable, but I'm still very excited about my progress.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Have fun tonight, markymark550!
    Thanks! I'm excited! :rock_on:
    Ms. Haiku said:

3 miles in segments. I pushed myself a little. The harder parts weren't as enjoyable, but I'm still very excited about my progress.

Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    3 miles in segments. Not as strong as yesterday, but by the end I was feeling happy. I wonder if there is an exertion level that pushes the happy button.
  • Options
    The songs I want to request for Philly are running songs. I feel better requesting them here:

Even Flow
    Once
    Porch

Any other good PJ running songs that you would recommend?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I have lots of PJ songs I like to run to. Pretty much anything on the "rocker" disc of the greatest hits album. Plus Whipping, Given to Fly, In Hiding, Habit, Grievance, Life Wasted, Got Some, Mind Your Manners.

And I'll freely admit that I look completely ridiculous when I run and one of these songs come on my iPod. I'll lip sing, nod my head, air drum, etc. I'm sure others at the gym get quite the chuckle at my expense.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited April 2016
    I've been jogging today, I made it thanks to Eddies magical voice in my earphones :) I will try to do this three times a week or so from now on !
    This thread is a good thing :relaxed:
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Did anyone see the Facebook post trashing the bearded guy with a baby?
    That was me!
    :)
    Ms. Haiku said:

rgambs said:

Did anyone see the Facebook post trashing the bearded guy with a baby?
    That was me!
    :)

Was the baby in a halter facing you with blue and white sneakers? I tried to find that picture and I couldn't find it. Did you have fun? Did rgambs, jr. have fun?
    Yep, that was me, front row of the seats behind the pit all the way on Mike's end.
    We all had a blast and baby Simon stayed happy through the whole show, clapping and dancing his first birthday away!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    So i finally make #1 Varsity Singles for the tennis, and yesterday in my 5th match I fall and dislocate my left shoulder. While on the ground I tried to pick myself up without realizing what had happened, and bent my arm in a way so that I accidentally popped it back into place. This happened only a few points into my match, and I decided to finish the rest of the 90 minute match with one arm (I lost badly). As the day progressed the shoulder got worse, and I ended up needing my mom to drive two hours to Madison WI to take me to the hospital. Apparently the dislocation caused a lot of irritation, and the shoulder is really inflamed, restricting pretty much any movement. Now I need to wear a sling until it gets better.

:(
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    So sorry for that, ehbacon. Hope you heal quickly.

Congrats on your tennis accomplishment though.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I would have thought that after 3 weeks of coughing, I'd have some nice abs...nope. :disappointed:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY and ehbacon, I hope you feel better.

I ran 3 miles in segments. The two days off must have been needed. I felt stronger today.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Artichokes for dinner.....yuuuummmmmiiiieeeee!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

The songs I want to request for Philly are running songs. I feel better requesting them here:

Even Flow
    Once
    Porch

Done! And, Eddie wore a Rocky shirt. It's like the PJ running gods were telling me to get a move on. I'm on it! Here I go, but after some coffee.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I had to go to the doctor...I got antibiotics so hopefully I will feel better in a few days.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Back to the grind this week. Was sick all last week and wasn't able to do much of anything. Looking forward to getting back to the gym.
  • Options
    Allergies are turning the right side of my face into a bubble. I'm going to rest a few days, except for the interview tomorrow. (Here I go! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!)
  • Options
    I am back to the grind as well, 2 weeks of free for all and only 3 lbs gained back so not too bad
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Allergies are turning the right side of my face into a bubble. I'm going to rest a few days, except for the interview tomorrow. (Here I go! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!)

That was me last week. Hope you feel better soon! Good luck on the interview!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I am back to the grind as well, 2 weeks of free for all and only 3 lbs gained back so not too bad

That's not too bad for 2 weeks off.

Did you like the camping and hiking between the shows?
  • Options

rgambs said:

Duck yeah we did! We did DuPont, Black Balsam, Looking Glass and Sliding Rock, then a couple miles of the Mountains to Sea trail where it runs with the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was great! Baby Simon rocked out his 1st bday at the epic Greenville show, then he made it to the first encore of Columbia. We finished up with a couple hours hiking at the highest mountain in Virginia, Mt Rogers. Awesome trip!

He is a photo album for those interested...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2019428264949598&type=1&l=d6a8171cfc
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Duck yeah we did! We did DuPont, Black Balsam, Looking Glass and Sliding Rock, then a couple miles of the Mountains to Sea trail where it runs with the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was great! Baby Simon rocked out his 1st bday at the epic Greenville show, then he made it to the first encore of Columbia. We finished up with a couple hours hiking at the highest mountain in Virginia, Mt Rogers. Awesome trip!

Awesome!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Great pics! Glad you had a great time. It's been a long time since I've been to Looking Glass and Sliding Rock. Those pics make me want to go back! When it's warm enough, Sliding Rock is great fun!
  • Options
    I've just bought me a new pair of jogging shoes !!! I will fly now!
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

Fly, Anna, Fly!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Annafalk said:

Fly, Anna, Fly!
    Lol thank you, the nice person helping me with the new shoes looked at the ones I had before and said,
    - Don't tell me you ran in those ones :)
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    This is a great resource:

https://www.onnit.com/academy/
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2