Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    edited March 2016
    rr165892 said:

Sigh. This week has been completely worthless. Haven't been able to do much of anything except take a little walk during my lunch break.

Air squats,air lunges,push ups,Tri dips.Can do all of it in 10 min right in the kitchen.
    Im being a hypocrite right now though because I should be at the gym its heavy leg day but it pouring and black outside and a nap sounds soooooo much better.Do nap it will be.
    Yeah I should have been doing some of those. By the time I was getting home though, I was done and just wanted to space out watching tv until bed.

Don't blame you going for a nap over heavy leg day lol. Always hate it when it feels like you need a walker the next day lol.
    rr165892 said:

Mark,you've been doing great. A week. Off as long as diet is in check won't hurt anything.In fact may give you a nice growth spurt on the other side.

Thanks. Diet is still staying the same, so at least I didn't completely torpedo myself.

Going to the gym in about half an hour though, so that will get the weekend started right.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rr165892 said:

RK,good on the PT.Im back at mine also,but I'm not going to quit doing everything else not related to shoulder.Do you really have to wait 6 weeks?

I guess I could do yoga in the meantime, I have been trying to get long walks in for now. She had me back off the shoulder exercises for a few days since I ate the sidewalk last week. She is also having me work my knee so it doesn't stiffen up.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited March 2016
    RKCNDY said:

rr165892 said:

RK,good on the PT.Im back at mine also,but I'm not going to quit doing everything else not related to shoulder.Do you really have to wait 6 weeks?

I guess I could do yoga in the meantime, I have been trying to get long walks in for now. She had me back off the shoulder exercises for a few days since I ate the sidewalk last week. She is also having me work my knee so it doesn't stiffen up.
    We're the air bags damaged in the fall,lol sorry.

In all seriousness did you tweek anything when it happened?You should get in a little yoga.It will speed up the healing and make you feel whole.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    3rd day in a row with no work out, if I don't get a good one in tomorrow I will be a goner lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Lovely day here....puttin on my walkin shoes! Diet is pretty shot until Monday. Party tonight and Brunch tomorrow.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    So take that beard on a run.Quit your complaining Gambsy.Lets move!!
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

The weather is nice and I am having Wendy's for lunch, so I'll be taking the beard out for sure...
    I will use your "get off your ass" attitude to tack on 25 squats and 25 pushups at each 1/3 mile lap!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

The weather is nice and I am having Wendy's for lunch, so I'll be taking the beard out for sure...
    I will use your "get off your ass" attitude to tack on 25 squats and 25 pushups at each 1/3 mile lap!
    An atta boy heading your way Gambsy.I hope you at least went frosty,fries and and a bacon double cheeseburger?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited March 2016
    Took advantage of my Good Friday off from work and did some walking. I'm at my lowest I've been in 2 years at 203.6 after weighing myself this morning. I was around 215 at Xmas. Been taking smaller bites than usual so that may be helping. Not bad since I had two slices of Little Caesars yesterday.

If I were only a few inches taller I'd be considerably slim. I'm 5'9". I'm not short but I'm not exactly tall either.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

An atta boy heading your way Gambsy.I hope you at least went frosty,fries and and a bacon double cheeseburger?
    No, I kept it modest with a simple single cheeseburger combo, I have to save room for a few chocolate covered pretzels from Amish Country later. At today's official weigh in I was 190.7.
    That makes 29.3 pounds in 8 weeks, and I feel Pretty proud of that.

For anyone who feels like that progress is ridiculous, note that I am only 30 years old and work only 3 days a week.
  • Options
    I'm at a stand still but this was expected with the holiday weekend.
    Rain tomorrow so no walk but the rest of the week looks sweet so hitting the beach after work and try some intervals.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    RKCNDY did you faint?

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

No, I kept it modest with a simple single cheeseburger combo, I have to save room for a few chocolate covered pretzels from Amish Country later. At today's official weigh in I was 190.7.
    That makes 29.3 pounds in 8 weeks, and I feel Pretty proud of that.

For anyone who feels like that progress is ridiculous, note that I am only 30 years old and work only 3 days a week.
    Great job man! You should definitely be proud of that. It's great to see hard work paying off, isn't it?
  • Options
    agreed,nice loss Gambsy
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Wow. Just wow. Excellent discipline guys and gals. Its easter sunday. Happy holiday everyone! Xoxox.

:lol: the walker comment had me rolling bahhahaha!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Hi all, Great to hear how well you are all doing. Sorry I haven't dropped by, uni is back in session and it's crazy time. Tour time is getting closer and you are all getting into shape and coming closer to your goals. Happy Easter and keep up the hard work. Enjoy a few bits if chocolate or hot cross buns but remember how much hard work you have put into to get to where you are :heart:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    40 minutes on a stationary bike.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Nice!!! Good job!
  • Options
    Stepped on te scale today. I'm pretty happy!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Ms. Haiku said:

Try this H.(on the stationary bike)
    Warm up for 5 min. If you have an rpm reader shoot for around 100 rpm.
    Then do 10 intervals.30 sec pedaling at 130-140 rpm and then 1 minute recoup back at 100 rpm.Each 30 sec blast is one interval.Repeat 10 times.I do 15 usually and I spin 2 x a week.(if no rpm reader then go at normal pace for recoup and as fast as you can for your interval.

Finish with a 5 min cool down then some stretches.
    This will have you on the bike for 15 min less but will ramp up your heart rate to burn a lot more fat and calories later.Interval training is way better then longer slower rides for cardio.You can have your workout done in 30 min and really excellerate your results.

Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    unusual weight loss is one of the top signs in one's spouse having an affair. Hope all this exercising is on the up and up. :wink: That said I try to elliptical at least a half hour a day and push ups every other day. My shoulder always seems to hurt and I end up doing knee ups.
    Keep up the good work, folks!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rr165892 said:

In all seriousness did you tweek anything when it happened?You should get in a little yoga.It will speed up the healing and make you feel whole.

I think I sprained my wrists. I didn't put my hands out to catch myself because I thought I was going to catch myself with the other foot, nope. I was only able to put my hands out just under my ribcage. I did think to arch my back to keep my head from hitting the concrete.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

rr165892 said:

I think I sprained my wrists. I didn't put my hands out to catch myself because I thought I was going to catch myself with the other foot, nope. I was only able to put my hands out just under my ribcage. I did think to arch my back to keep my head from hitting the concrete.
    Sounds Violent L.
    So shoulder and both wrists.damn girl! You beat up.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I've passed by this thread hundreds of times because my answer had always been no, but now I'm a yes. I finally got motivated to get off my couch last Thursday and return to the gym after a two year hiatus. I've now been three times, so I guess it's official that I'm in.

And I'm embarrassingly sore from simple 30 minute walks on the treadmill. Walks making me sore . . . What happened?!!
  • Options

I've passed by this thread hundreds of times because my answer had always been no, but now I'm a yes. I finally got motivated to get off my couch last Thursday and return to the gym after a two year hiatus. I've now been three times, so I guess it's official that I'm in.

And I'm embarrassingly sore from simple 30 minute walks on the treadmill. Walks making me sore . . . What happened?!!

I did the same! Almost 2 years and went back to the gym. The first few times I was so sore the next day I dreaded walking up or sown my stairs!
    30 Days till Philly...Gotta dig deep!
  • Options

:clap: Welcome to the club! Good luck with whatever goals you've set for yourself. Come back often, everyone posting here has been a great source of encouragement.
  • Options

Awesome!! It's all about the goals for me, usually a vacation on the horizon. Then I have a definite timeline and a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Options
    I was really proud of my progress, too much so, I began resting on my laurels, after almost a week off and way too much Easter candy I decided last night to rededicate myself for the last 16 days until vacation. I woke up early and got my run in, 2 miles in 18 minutes. I saw 189 on the scale for the first time so I feel like this last chunk is going to be productive.
    I tried on some of the clothes I am trying to get into and I was able to put them on, though they are too snug for hiking, scrambling, climbing, and Pearl Jamming...if I lose another 10 lbs they will fit like a glove. 10lbs in 16 days is a bit ambitious, but it can be done. It can be done.
    I can do it.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Thanks for the encouragement. Today I went back for more. This time I pressed the "weight loss" button on the fancy treadmill. Up pops a picture of Jillian Michaels. I was like, oh my god, not Jillian Michaels. But I hung on all 30 minutes, every incline and every acceleration. This is really gonna hurt!

Goal: weight 135 (10 pounds in 10 weeks) increased stamina and speed.

Diet . . . No sweets, except for special occasions, with a very strict definition of special. Finishing lunch every day is not a special occasion.
  • Options

Thanks for the encouragement. Today I went back for more. This time I pressed the "weight loss" button on the fancy treadmill. Up pops a picture of Jillian Michaels. I was like, oh my god, not Jillian Michaels. But I hung on all 30 minutes, every incline and every acceleration. This is really gonna hurt!

Goal: weight 135 (10 pounds in 10 weeks) increased stamina and speed.

Diet . . . No sweets, except for special occasions, with a very strict definition of special. Finishing lunch every day is not a special occasion.

I had a hard time giving up lunch dessert, I ended up having to have some fruit, nothing sweet was not an option!